PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Buccaneers

thunderkyss
08-24-2011, 12:58 PM
What say you?

Do you think they're a play-off team? Do you think they are for real? They've got a nice young QB. They've got an aiight UDFA running back.

But I'm not sold.

Last year, they were in a division where three teams won 10 or more games. Coincidence? Or did it have something to do with them playing the worst division in football, the NFC West (7-9 won the division) coincidence?

They had wins against Cleveland, Carolina, Cincinnati, St. Louis, Arizona, Carolina, San Francisco, Washington, Seattle, & New Orleans. The only team in that list with a winning record was the already locked up for the play off Saints.

They lost to the Steelers (38-13), the Saints (31-6), the Falcons (27-21 & 28-24), then they lost to Detroit (23-20) in overtime.

in 2011, they'll play the NFC North
Greenbay (L)
Chicago (L)
Minnesota (L)
Detroit (L)

The AFC South
Indy (L)
Texans (L)
Jags (L)
Titans (W)

& of course the NFC South
Saints (L) (L)
Falcons (L) (L)
Carolina (W) (W)

No, I don't think they are going to go 3-13. But I don't think they'll get 10 wins & I don't think they are going to the play-offs. Not with the Saints & Falcons in their division.

So what do you think?

Dutchrudder
08-24-2011, 01:06 PM
I agree with this assessment. They had an easy schedule last year, and they will not do well against the NFC north. I think Minnesota will be terrible this year though, so I would mark that down as a win for them. Detroit is a toss up, but I would favor the Lions at this point (before Stafford and Megatron get injured). Carolina should be better this year with a decent QB and a renewed morale.

Speedy
08-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Their division is tough with the Saints and Falcons.

Then the NFC North is going to be pretty tough. Detroit is going to be much improved, so much so, I think they will be in the wild card hunt.

4-6, at best in those 2 divisions.

I could see them going 3-1 in our division with the lone loss being against the Texans. They get the Colts @ home in week 4 and no telling how up to speed 18 will be by then. That gets them to 7-7 in a best case scenario, IMO.

Then they've got Dallas and the Niners. Split?

I'm looking at about 7-9, 8-8 for the Bucs.

thetexanator
08-24-2011, 11:00 PM
id say theyre the 7-8th best team in the NFC. they will get better fast when they start spending some of that cap money they have.

brakos82
08-24-2011, 11:08 PM
I dare not predict anything in that division.

But if you put a gun to my head and told me to guess, I'd say 9 wins.

TexanSam
08-24-2011, 11:52 PM
It's tough to say. I think they regress some but not too much. I would say 8-8.

Lucky
08-25-2011, 12:25 AM
I dare not predict anything in that division.

But if you put a gun to my head and told me to guess, I'd say 9 wins.
I think that's about right. They'll have problems scoring enough to compete with the Saints and the Falcons. I think they'll just miss on the last wild card spot to the Giants.

thunderkyss
08-25-2011, 08:18 AM
It's tough to say. I think they regress some but not too much. I would say 8-8.

But is that truly regression? Their level of competition has gone up. If their level of play stays level... their results will go down. If they get a little bit better, their W-L can still go down.

Blake
08-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Talib is a bigger blow than people imagine. They will win 7 games this year on the back of their star QB.

Playoffs
08-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Love the QB, but not sure they can replicate all of those late saves. May be sophomore slump, looks a bit off in preseason.

Can Mike Williams match his performance?

Talib dodges a bullet.

Frank Okam looking darn good for them in preseason.

I think 9,8 wins.

Dutchrudder
08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
The NFL is all about parity, teams go up and down in the W/L columns every year. The Bucs are in line for a rude awakening as they will be playing a much more difficult schedule. I bet they go 6-10 this year, with two of those wins against the Panthers.

Norg
08-30-2011, 04:03 PM
there like a exact copy of Jacksonville a very physical team with a big ass QB and likes to run the ball

a team u dont want to grind it out in the dead heat of summer on da road : P

LOL

Hookem Horns
08-31-2011, 03:06 PM
The NFL is all about parity, teams go up and down in the W/L columns every year.

Yeah, 6 wins one year, 7 the next, then back down to 6 and so on and so on.

:toropalm:

Dutchrudder
08-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, 6 wins one year, 7 the next, then back down to 6 and so on and so on.

:toropalm:

What? I don't follow. Tampa went from being 9-7 in '07/08 to 3-13 in '09, and 10-6 in '10. That's a bit of a roller coaster, but I think a lot of that 10-6 season came from having an easy schedule. This year they play the NFC North and AFC South, which are much tougher on paper than the AFC North and NFC West.

Hookem Horns
10-16-2011, 10:08 PM
What? I don't follow. Tampa went from being 9-7 in '07/08 to 3-13 in '09, and 10-6 in '10. That's a bit of a roller coaster, but I think a lot of that 10-6 season came from having an easy schedule. This year they play the NFC North and AFC South, which are much tougher on paper than the AFC North and NFC West.

I never saw this reply DR, I was jokingly referring to the Texans in their "roller coaster" mediocre seasons. When they are peaking it's 8 or 9 wins, when they are down it's 6 or 7. Guess where we sit today? 3-3.

Actually I dragged this thread back up because of the Bucs. After getting smoked by the Niners last week (in a game where I think they got caught off guard early and gave up) they came back today and beat the Saints in a physical game and now are at top of the division at 4-2. They are real young but have leadership at key spots (head coach and QB), something the Texans just don't have.