PDA

View Full Version : HWWNBM (aka Mr Mittens)

Norg
08-23-2011, 06:32 PM
He looked good on monday huh : P

Lucky
08-23-2011, 06:36 PM
I have this irrational fear that the Giants will keep Carr over Sage, the Colts will pick Sage up off the waiver wire, and start him against the Texans opening day.

Norg
08-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Man its so werid how Sage and Carr are both on the same team again NY loves dem some X texans players same with San deigo

anywho i think Sage in INDY would be tough IMO he was a pretty good QB when he was here in houston

He was lighting up dem colts for 3 and a half Quarters before da Meltdown

Playoffs
08-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I have this irrational fear that the Giants will keep Carr over Sage, the Colts will pick Sage up off the waiver wire, and start him against the Texans opening day.

Naw, that would be cool. Sage would try that helicopter move again and we'd win ( this time ).

Corrosion
08-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Someone change the title of this thread to either HWWNBM or Mr Mittens :slapfight:

Pantherstang84
08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Someone change the title of this thread to either HWWNBM or Mr Mittens :slapfight:

Amen. BTW...He is entering his 10th season in the league and he is just now starting to look like a competent QB?

Honoring Earl 34
08-23-2011, 08:50 PM
What would be ultimate irony is the Giants keep Sage and trade Carr to the Eagles for a 7th rd pick and cut you know who . :vincepalm:

ChampionTexan
08-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Naw, that would be cool. Sage would try that helicopter move again and we'd win ( this time ).

Hopefully he'd be spinning in the other direction, and it could be dubbed the reverse helicopter.

brakos82
08-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Hopefully he'd be spinning in the other direction, and it could be dubbed the reverse helicopter.

But I think he would somehow un-fumble the football and the Giants would score.

http://files.sharenator.com/We_need_to_go_deeper_RE_Blond_Btch_comp-s400x203-120047-580.jpg

ChampionTexan
08-23-2011, 09:51 PM
But I think he would somehow un-fumble the football and the Giants would score.

http://files.sharenator.com/We_need_to_go_deeper_RE_Blond_Btch_comp-s400x203-120047-580.jpg

In this scenario, Sage is playing for the Colts - that's part of the whole "Reverse Angle".

Now - START PAYING ATTENTION!

Hervoyel
08-23-2011, 10:16 PM

Peyton will start on opening day and look like he's having the time of his life. Play like it too. Count on that.

Wolf
08-23-2011, 10:19 PM
1560:Technoviking Sage Rosenfels Rosencopter Mashup (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrI1QNddVKU)

welsh texan
08-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Peyton will start on opening day and look like he's having the time of his life. Play like it too. Count on that.

I'm pretty sure the last time Peyton had to sit out the Pre-season he wasn't his usual self for a number of weeks into the regular season.

I'm looking forward to us really going after him in the opener and if he is firing on all cylinders and beats us then I can live with that as long as it takes an almighty effort from him.

I think he'll start out slowly myself.

GP
08-24-2011, 02:01 AM

That's.......actually........very plausible.

Sage is no slouch. Though I think he would have needed some prep time to work with the Colts in order to make an impact vs. Texans in Week 1 (if it were to happen).

Do the Bucs still own the soul of Jake Plummer? LOL. Jake The Snake should come back and play. Has anybody heard a peep out of that guy??? Gonna' have to Google him in a sec.

EDIT: The following is REAL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Plummer), not me being funny...

Since his unofficial NFL retirement, Plummer is an avid player of four-wall handball.[4] Jake attended his first professional handball tournament in 2007 when he entered the Simple Green US Open of Handball (with brother Eric) in the pro doubles division; eventually losing to future Hall of Fame members John Bike and Danny Bell. In 2008 Jake Plummer hosted his own pro invitational and lost in the finals of the pro consolation bracket to #37 ranked, Jeff Kastner. Jake Plummer played and lost in the semifinals versus brother Eric Plummer (eventual champion) at this year's 2008 Idaho State Singles Championships.[10][11]

El Tejano
08-24-2011, 11:36 AM
That's.......actually........very plausible.

Sage is no slouch. Though I think he would have needed some prep time to work with the Colts in order to make an impact vs. Texans in Week 1 (if it were to happen).

Do the Bucs still own the soul of Jake Plummer? LOL. Jake The Snake should come back and play. Has anybody heard a peep out of that guy??? Gonna' have to Google him in a sec.

EDIT: The following is REAL (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jake_Plummer), not me being funny...

There is a handball hall of fame! :vincepalm:

TheCD
08-24-2011, 04:42 PM
While I do harbor animosity for him because he never ended up being what we wanted, as with all Texans I wish him the best.

Not pro-bowl good...but some moderate success here and there, sure. Maybe the Giants can insert him into WR in the wildcat and let him catch passes like he used to do here.

P.S. Why on Earth don't we have a :mrmittenspalm:? Is it simply because it would consist of his hands hanging from his shoulder pads instead?

Corrosion
08-26-2011, 01:31 PM
To whichever mod changed the title of this thread .... Thanks.

Now if we can just make sure no one else ever types those words on here .....

Remember , its HWWNBM or Mr Mittens.

GlassHalfFull
08-26-2011, 01:50 PM

Should be easy to make a filter, so if you type the words ****** shows up. just like *****.

Double Barrel
08-26-2011, 03:12 PM

My pleasure. :tiphat: I couldn't resist!

Corrosion
08-26-2011, 05:48 PM
My pleasure. :tiphat: I couldn't resist!

Believe me ..... If I could have , I would have. :heh:

Lucky
08-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Geez, aren't we past that by now? That seems like 10 years ago.

Corrosion
08-28-2011, 12:00 AM

Nope ... its part of the history of the team .... It might fade to the back of our minds but like 35-3 it will always haunt us.

Section516
09-02-2011, 08:18 AM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6920691/albert-haynesworth-new-england-patriots-career-saving-place-me

"Hell, I wanted to get the sack," said Haynesworth. "(Giants quarterback) David Carr always gives me sacks, his whole life. That's what I was working at, trying to get a sack."

- On talking about his first game w/ patriots

gtexan02
09-02-2011, 08:19 AM
I went to the game last night (Pats v Giants) here in Boston. He looked terrible. He still has no pocket presence.

The only QB who looked worse than him was Ryan Mallett. I've never seen someone take so many sacks in a row

thunderkyss
09-02-2011, 11:57 AM

He w???? w??? not be mentioned

I don't think it means what you think it means.

Doppelganger
09-02-2011, 12:08 PM

http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/david-white-gloves-carr.jpg

Mr. Mittens: who do you think will win the game: your team or the other team?

sakebomb
09-02-2011, 12:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6920691/albert-haynesworth-new-england-patriots-career-saving-place-me

"Hell, I wanted to get the sack," said Haynesworth. "(Giants quarterback) David Carr always gives me sacks, his whole life. That's what I was working at, trying to get a sack."

Now that is funny......even though it came from Fat Albert.

Errant Hothy
09-02-2011, 12:43 PM
http://misterirrelevant.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/david-white-gloves-carr.jpg

Mr. Mittens: who do you think will win the game: your team or the other team?

That really looks like a latex glove. I'm sure the center got a little nervous when he saw that coming his way.

Nawzer
09-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Man that's rough. Haynesworth has been sacking David Carr for "his whole life". LOL. I imagine along with pictures of his first steps as a baby and his first word, there is a picture of DC getting pancaked by Haynesworth. Also, don't forget the sack he had during his high school prom. That tux couldn't be returned the next day, had too much blood on it. Even after Carr is done in the NFL, he can't enjoy his retirement because there is a Haynesworth sack looming around the corner for the rest of his life.

Corrosion
09-02-2011, 03:28 PM
He w???? w??? not be mentioned

I don't think it means what you think it means.

He Who Will Not Be Mentioned.

Maybe I missed something in your post ....

OzzO
09-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Man that's rough. Haynesworth has been sacking David Carr for "his whole life". LOL. I imagine along with pictures of his first steps as a baby and his first word, there is a picture of DC getting pancaked by Haynesworth. Also, don't forget the sack he had during his high school prom. That tux couldn't be returned the next day, had too much blood on it. Even after Carr is done in the NFL, he can't enjoy his retirement because there is a Haynesworth sack looming around the corner for the rest of his life.

Ha! That made me think of Terry Tate.

Terry Tate - office linebacker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzToNo7A-94)

(mild language)

Runner
09-03-2011, 01:26 AM

ibid

thunderkyss
09-03-2011, 12:57 PM
He Who Will Not Be Mentioned.

Maybe I missed something in your post ....

No, I needed help, couldn't figure it out.

I thought it was supposed to be

He Whose Name Will Not Be Mentioned. I thought we were missing an N

Thanks for the assist

Playoffs
09-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Mini-Mittens under center at Fresno State now?

burro
09-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Why any NFL owner spend their money on this man is beyond me. I too caught the Pats-Giants game, it was ugly with a capital UGLY.

Hervoyel
09-05-2011, 05:06 PM
That really looks like a latex glove. I'm sure the center got a little nervous when he saw that coming his way.

How do you think they feel when they're bent over like that and hear that loud elastic "SNAP!" sound as he adjusts his glove?

I'm thinking it's an "Awww Hell No!" moment.

He's David Carr to me. You guys can call him HWNWNBM or whatever you want but I refuse to do that anymore. He's just David Carr.

Trap_Star
09-05-2011, 05:13 PM
davidcarrDavidCarrdavidCarrDAVIDCARRDavidcarrdavid carrDavidCarrdavidCarrDAVIDCARRDavidcarrdavidcarrD avidCarrdavidCarrDAVIDCARRDavidcarrdavidcarrDavidC arrdavidCarrDAVIDCARRDavidcarrdavidcarrDavidCarrda vidCarrDAVIDCARRDavidcarrdavidcarrDavidCarrdavidCa rrDAVIDCARRDavidcarrdavidcarrDavidCarrdavidCarrDAV IDCARRDavidcarrdavidcarrDavidCarrdavidCarrDAVIDCAR RDavidcarrdavidcarrDavidCarrdavidCarrDAVIDCARRDavi dcarr

Double Barrel
09-06-2011, 11:21 AM
The man is only a multi-millionaire for being - at best - a mediocre QB. Perhaps he's a perfect representative of the first decade of Texans futility.

Perhaps David Carr is the Houston Texans Man of the Decade... :thinking: it would be a good looking statue!

Dutchrudder
09-06-2011, 11:26 AM
I hope David Carr QBs for the Colts at some point this season.

Chance_C
09-06-2011, 01:09 PM
[QUOTE][I hope David Carr QBs for the Colts at some point this season.
/QUOTE]

LOL! That would have been awesome if the Colts would have signed him!

Vinny
09-06-2011, 01:33 PM
The man is only a multi-millionaire for being - at best - a mediocre QB. Perhaps he's a perfect representative of the first decade of Texans futility.

Perhaps David Carr is the Houston Texans Man of the Decade... :thinking: it would be a good looking statue!Good looks, slick marketing (great paparazzi haircut shots), and potential...potential, and more potential. That's the Texans first decade team QB. If you were going to start a Marketing Franchise....there you go.