PDA

View Full Version : Jean with clutch catches; what can we get for Andre

sandman
08-23-2011, 05:29 PM
'Dre with a dropped ball on Saturday. At 30 and with all these young receivers on the team, if he doesn't get back to his Pro Bowl form, he can find himself on the bench... or cut. What do you think we could get for him?

Ryan
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM
We'd be lucky to get a 7th round draft pick for that guy. Dropped balls are inexcusable and he didnt get 300 receiving yards in a meaningless preseason game, what a scrub.

srrono
08-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Biggest joke ever!!!!!!!!!!!

buddyboy
08-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Maybe we could fill that hole at RB...we need depth desperately.

JCTexan
08-23-2011, 05:36 PM
'Dre with a dropped ball on Saturday. At 30 and with all these young receivers on the team, if he doesn't get back to his Pro Bowl form, he can find himself on the bench... or cut. What do you think we could get for him?

You're joking, right? You want to trade Andre because an un-drafted rookie WR has had a few good practices?

Ckw
08-23-2011, 05:36 PM
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/not-sure-joker-serious-batman-12747466515.jpg

sandman
08-23-2011, 05:42 PM
You're joking, right? You want to trade Andre because an un-drafted rookie WR has had a few good practices?

Blue Font says to look at the threads started about Mario, Cush and 'Schwab' like this that were started in all seriousness.

TexansFanatic
08-23-2011, 05:45 PM
For those wondering if the op was a serious post, I give you:

:toropalm:

Welll played, sandman.

CloakNNNdagger
08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2010/1209/fan_u_johnson1x_300.jpg

They better play me at QB..............or I want to be traded to Indy where I can make something of myself! Peyton move over!

Big Lou
08-23-2011, 05:47 PM

You are herby banned from this forum. I know what you were getting at, but it is an unwritten rule that AJ is never referenced in this manner. This is pure blasphemy!!!!!!!!

Shame on you!!!!!

Ckw
08-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Blue Font says to look at the threads started about Mario, Cush and 'Schwab' like this that were started in all seriousness.

Yeah, there certainly have been some pretty stupid threads started before. I'm not sure I see what the point is of starting another one, but that's your prerogative.

Corrosion
08-23-2011, 05:48 PM
For those wondering if the op was a serious post, I give you:

:toropalm:

Welll played, sandman.

I thought it was pretty funny myself .... its a dig at some posters , not at AJ.

sandman
08-23-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah, there certainly have been some pretty stupid threads started before. I'm not sure I see what the point is of starting another one, but that's your prerogative.

Other than the fact that the other thread starters were serious? Their conversations had no logic or merit, but they were serious in their disposition.

Granted it has been TC and pre-season, and we need things to talk about, but sometimes it's the Land of a Thousand Facepalms around here.

Perki-Perk
08-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Other than the fact that the other thread starters were serious? Their conversations had no logic or merit, but they were serious in their disposition.

Granted it has been TC and pre-season, and we need things to talk about, but sometimes it's the Land of a Thousand Facepalms around here.

:vincepalm:x1000

Ole Miss Texan
08-23-2011, 06:23 PM

We should have cut him earlier when free agency opened up. Then we would have had more cap room to throw the brinks truck at Asomugha. This offseason so far has been total fail.

DocBar
08-23-2011, 06:36 PM
If AJ isn't hacking it at WR, maybe he can play WOLB. Lord knows we need one!!:kitten:

brakos82
08-23-2011, 06:37 PM
If AJ isn't hacking it at WR, maybe he can play WOLB. Lord knows we need one!!:kitten:
Hell, give the man Hot Pockets and put him at NT.

powerfuldragon
08-23-2011, 06:39 PM
y'all fools posting in a troll thread.

EllisUnit
08-23-2011, 06:40 PM
AJ has shown me nothing, i say try him out at punter and if he fails there to then cut his ass, tired of all his dead weight. :choke:

DocBar
08-23-2011, 06:41 PM

Why's we fools for trollin a troll and havin funs?

Txn_in_Oki
08-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Tradez for Braylon Edwards pleeze...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/Trollface.png

Pantherstang84
08-23-2011, 07:02 PM
God I laughed so hard when I saw this thread title because instantly I knew what going on. Well played new guy. Fast track to gaining rep around here.

Norg
08-23-2011, 07:34 PM
What did brandon marshall go for a 2nd right

i think for the best WR in da game

Deff a 1st and 3rd

drunkcookie
08-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Nice ha...

Hey, where's Owen Daniels? Haven't heard his name... Need to get rid of that chump as well...

mussop
08-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Their conversations had no logic or merit, but they were serious in their disposition.

There was plenty of logical and well made points in the discussions You just couldn't see it because you obviously cant see the big picture. I'll tell you what doesn't have merit, you're analogy.

BullNation4Life
08-23-2011, 07:54 PM
your not going to get much of anything for a washed up, wrong side of 30 WR who drops balls...

LeSTAR Jean, nuff said...

Pantherstang84
08-23-2011, 07:57 PM
There was plenty of logical and well made points in the discussions You just couldn't see it because you obviously cant see the big picture. I'll tell you what doesn't have merit, you're analogy.

The only big picture I see is the 2011 season. Just win.

drunkcookie
08-23-2011, 07:59 PM
I like a good Mercedes, I just don't like paying for a Mercedes just so it can perform like a Kia... Kia's drop balls in the preseason, not a Mercedes... Mercedes don't go throwing fists and getting kicked out of division games, that's something a ghetto ass Kia does...

If a Kia can go catch a game winning TD against Washington and a game-tying TD against Baltimore on a Monday night that is AWESOME... But a mercedes dropping a ball against the Chargers in a rally situation? Better go have a chat with the salesman because I swear you asked for a Mercedes, and not a Kia...

Ckw
08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
God I laughed so hard when I saw this thread title because instantly I knew what going on. Well played new guy. Fast track to gaining rep around here.

I was pretty sure he wasn't being serious, but I didn't remember ever seeing the guy post here, have no clue what his general mindset is, and would never be surprised by anything I read on these forums. That there is probably someone out there that would be all for trading Andre is the sad but true reality.

2slik4u
08-23-2011, 08:27 PM

:toropalm::mariopalm::kubepalm:
:wadepalm::facepalm::hankpalm:

Ridiculous.

GlassHalfFull
08-23-2011, 09:00 PM

Powerfulldragons knows not of which he speaks.

2slik4u
08-23-2011, 09:01 PM

I tip my hat to you by making fun of some of the ridiculous threads started. Good for you for finding humor in here somewhere.

It gets tiresome hearing from posters all the time about trading Mario, Schaub, etc...its all pure crap.

Kudos.

ObsiWan
08-23-2011, 09:03 PM
I'd rep you twice if I could.
That's some funny shhtuff.

Pantherstang84
08-23-2011, 09:05 PM
I'd rep you twice if I could.
That's some funny shhtuff.

I wish I could to. My wife thought I had just gone insane.

ObsiWan
08-23-2011, 09:15 PM
http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/not-sure-joker-serious-batman-12747466515.jpg
he wasn't...

you want my opinion...
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lanyzf4QBu1qadznjo1_500.gif
...some of y'all need ta Lighten UP!
:D

DBCooper
08-23-2011, 09:40 PM
It's pretty funny that you can't write something anymore without a little sacasm tag next to everything or somebody doesn't get it.

I thought it was funny!

Nawzer
08-23-2011, 10:39 PM
This thread is LOL. In all seriousness though, we should bring back Corey Bradford in case things don't work out with Andre Johnson...

BigBull17
08-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Good thing we have a solid group at special teams to pick up the slack from out o so horrible offense. Still cant believe that we fired the defensive genius of Frank Bush for some unprooven whippersnapper like Wade Phillips. Why couldnt we have drafted VY....:vincepalm:

chicagotexan2
08-24-2011, 09:49 AM

Hopefully we can get another stud CB like Kareem and it would be like having Champ Baily and Rod Woodson. But I doubt we'd get anything for him since teams know that Andre is probably the odd man out and they know he'll be released soon.

thunderkyss
08-24-2011, 10:02 AM

Well played ol chap... well played.

:vincepalm:

thunderkyss
08-24-2011, 10:05 AM

So in your summation...... the sum total of all your football knowledge & experience, you believe Mario wasn't cutting it at DE?

You think that is the reason he is being moved to WOLB?

Really?

Ω

sandman
08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
I was pretty sure he wasn't being serious, but I didn't remember ever seeing the guy post here, have no clue what his general mindset is, and would never be surprised by anything I read on these forums. That there is probably someone out there that would be all for trading Andre is the sad but true reality.

Been here a few years. Read more than post. Spend more time on SpursTalk than here, but it's offseason now. My general take is pragmatic and realistic. This is not a Super Bowl team that somehow manages 8-8 seasons every year, and it can get insufferable at times when some posters expect HoF play from every player on every play. Or that the fix is simply bringing in someone who will. I just thought it was getting a little ridiculous this pre-season with calling out players before a single snap of real football has been played.

thunderkyss
08-24-2011, 10:20 AM
This is not a Super Bowl team that somehow manages 8-8 seasons every year...

DAMN!!!!

I wish I could take rep back.

:kitten:

DocBar
08-24-2011, 10:42 AM
So in your summation...... the sum total of all your football knowledge & experience, you believe Mario wasn't cutting it at DE?

You think that is the reason he is being moved to WOLB?

Really?

ΩWhere did you get that idea? IMO, MW is a good 4-3 de that shows flashes of being a dominating one. I don't think he dominates often enough to be labeled as great. I understand he's played thru injuries but so do most NFL players. I think moving him to olb is a gimmick that hasn't panned out.

thunderkyss
08-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Where did you get that idea?

Well.......

Since you implied that AJ isn't hacking it at WR, I assumed your correlation was that Mario wasn't cutting it at DE.

Mia Culpa

Ω

GlassHalfFull
08-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Well.......

Since you implied that AJ isn't hacking it at WR, I assumed your correlation was that Mario wasn't cutting it at DE.

Mia Culpa

Ω

Sarcasm thread comes full of sarcasm

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/7/19/128925029578675316.jpg

Thorn
08-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Can we move AJ to TE?

rush2112mn
08-24-2011, 03:36 PM

WORTHLESS THREAD......JUST PLAIN WORTHLESS........:hairpull::mad:

brakos82
08-24-2011, 03:40 PM
WORTHLESS THREAD......JUST PLAIN WORTHLESS........:hairpull::mad:
So is the LOTP thread... but that's where about 20% of my post count is from. :heh:

Texan_Bill
08-24-2011, 04:24 PM
I think the OP brings up an interesting point.

:thinking:

Then again, not really. :gun:

Hardcore Texan
08-24-2011, 05:06 PM

This!

Ckw
08-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Been here a few years. Read more than post. Spend more time on SpursTalk than here, but it's offseason now. My general take is pragmatic and realistic. This is not a Super Bowl team that somehow manages 8-8 seasons every year, and it can get insufferable at times when some posters expect HoF play from every player on every play. Or that the fix is simply bringing in someone who will. I just thought it was getting a little ridiculous this pre-season with calling out players before a single snap of real football has been played.

Agreed. Nice to meet you. I will rep you once I am back on a computer and not on my phone. Some of the posts here do get a bit ridiculous which contributed to my slight uncertainty about your post. Well done.

brakos82
08-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Bill and Corrosion have been making some crotch grabs at Treasure's, how much to trade them? :ahhaha:

:facepalm: Bill!

DocBar
08-25-2011, 07:03 AM
Well.......

Mia Culpa

ΩRofl TK. Did you take your super serious pill or what? I don't think MW is hacking it at olb very well but think he is a very good 4-3 de. As far as AJ goes, I was just joining in the fun of the thread.

thetexanator
08-25-2011, 09:11 AM
i dont find this thread funny AT ALL. :pissed:

False Start
08-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Trade him for Innegan. :doot:

ATRAIN
08-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Lets get Bradford out or retirement and cut AJ.

michaelm
08-25-2011, 09:30 AM

Not being a smarts here, but a serious question.
What is it about the blue font that is supposed to refer to the other threads? I'm not down with a lot of the internet meme stuff, is it that kind of thing?

michaelm
08-25-2011, 09:31 AM

irony... love it.

sandman
08-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Not being a smarts here, but a serious question.
What is it about the blue font that is supposed to refer to the other threads? I'm not down with a lot of the internet meme stuff, is it that kind of thing?

I don't think so much these days, but blue font used to indicate sarcasm on message boards.

michaelm
08-25-2011, 10:39 AM
I don't think so much these days, but blue font used to indicate sarcasm on message boards.

Interesting. Didn't know that.