PDA

View Full Version : Scouts, Inc.'s Top 200

nero THE zero
08-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Scouts, Inc. released their top 200 (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story?id=6819220&_slug_=nfl-scouts-inc-2011-top-200-player-rankings&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fstory%3fid%3d6819220%26_slug_%3dnfl-scouts-inc-2011-top-200-player-rankings) NFL players.

Here are the Texans listed:

7) Andre Johnson

33) Mario Williams

69) Arian Foster

107) Owen Daniels

146) Matt Schaub

149) Johnathan Joseph

167) DeMeco Ryans

187) Eric Winston

Here (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/26858/scouts-top-200-missing-roos-bethea) is Kuharsky's blog with all AFC South reps.

Thoughts?

I found it odd that they had Cortland Finnegan ranked better than Matt Schaub. Same with Posluszny and DeMeco. I also found Joseph and Foster's rankings particularly low.

On a non-Texans note, I thought Reggie Wayne and Dwight Freeney were ranked entirely too low.

BigBull17
08-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Reggie Wayne is good, but I think he is right where he should be. Those receivers have one of the best of all time at QB, so it kind of inflates their numbers a bit. Mario may be a little to high, IMO, but Foster should be closer to CJ, who should be closer to AD.

ChampionTexan
08-23-2011, 01:42 PM
I don't know what it means, but I think it's kind of interesting that at #187, Winston is the highest rated O-Lineman from the entire AFC South (not counting TE's), and the only one other than Saturday (#194) to appear on the list at all. Particularly considering that 3 of the top 5 rushers in 2010 were out of this division.

Big Lou
08-23-2011, 02:18 PM
They have Rothlisblunder right behind Andre with the same grade of 93, uh in a word NO. Sorry Rapelesberger is not a 93 if AJ is a 93. The guy has always had a running game solid WR's and stout O-Line, just because he's hard to tackle doesn't put him in the same level as AJ.

Maybe I just don't like the guy and I'm just biased but I just don't see it.

The Pencil Neck
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Any list like this is a beauty contest.

It means nothing.

dream_team
08-23-2011, 02:29 PM
It is so tough to make a football list like this, because hard to compare one position with the other.

Perki-Perk
08-23-2011, 02:31 PM
They have Rothlisblunder right behind Andre with the same grade of 93, uh in a word NO. Sorry Rapelesberger is not a 93 if AJ is a 93. The guy has always had a running game solid WR's and stout O-Line, just because he's hard to tackle doesn't put him in the same level as AJ.

I think Aaron Rogers was a little high too. I understand he just won the super bowl but how in the world do you include him ahead of Brees, Rivers and Shaub? Obviously better talents at QB.

BigBull17
08-23-2011, 02:41 PM
I think Aaron Rogers was a little high too. I understand he just won the super bowl but how in the world do you include him ahead of Brees, Rivers and Shaub? Obviously better talents at QB.

...You think...? I would trade Matt for Rodgers yesterday, and I like Schaub alot. He is better than the three guys listed.

nero THE zero
08-23-2011, 03:01 PM

I'd do the same. He's really a push with Brees and would be with Rivers, except he has a championship and Rivers doesn't. All three are better than Schaub.

SteveSlaton20
08-23-2011, 03:11 PM
They have Rothlisblunder right behind Andre with the same grade of 93, uh in a word NO. Sorry Rapelesberger is not a 93 if AJ is a 93. The guy has always had a running game, solid WR's and stout O-Line, just because he's hard to tackle doesn't put him in the same level as AJ.

:kubepalm:

DocBar
08-23-2011, 05:41 PM
I hate these rankings. As far as Schaub goes, I'd take Rogers, Brees or Rivers over him. Rothlisberger, I love how LB's and DB's bounce off of him. I hate all things Pittsburgh, but the dude is hard to get down...and has a couple of SB rings. All the more reason to hate him, I guess.

Lucky
08-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Any list like this is a beauty contest.

It means nothing.
Yet, it comes from some of the same people who are considered experts in regards to the draft, by some.

eriadoc
08-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Our 2-time DROY winner is not in the top 200? Hmmm ......

infantrycak
08-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Yet, it comes from some of the same people who are considered experts in regards to the draft, by some.

What I find funny and ironic is the national media (you know those folks who never give the Texans respect) routinely ranks Mario very high but around here he is trade bait.

m5kwatts
08-23-2011, 06:42 PM
I still think its ridiculous to make rankings that merges all the positions. The importance of certain positions compared to others makes it totally meaningless. If I'm the Dolphins I'd take Eli Manning #88 over say #23 Nick Mangold or even #9 Joe Thomas. Different teams value each player differently too. I mean #77 Jared Gaither couldn't even find work in the league until a few days ago. These rankings are totally meaningless to me.

False Start
08-23-2011, 06:43 PM
I cant believe Kareem Jackson wasnt at least in the top 10.... :pissed: :kubepalm:

The Pencil Neck
08-23-2011, 08:27 PM

Doesn't make it any less useless.

It's like arguing over who the best guitarist is. How can I use this to do anything? Will we win more games if Schaub was rated higher on this thing? Or if Schaub wins more games will he be rated higher?

adboy
08-24-2011, 12:42 AM
i don't give any credence to these lists as they compare too many different positions, you can't compare an OL to a WR or vice versa

The Pencil Neck
08-24-2011, 01:06 AM
i don't give any credence to these lists as they compare too many different positions, you can't compare an OL to a WR or vice versa

It's pointless to even compare one QB to another, let alone an Offensive Tackle to a Safety. It's just a bunch of mental masturbation.

80tothezone
08-24-2011, 03:14 AM
...You think...? I would trade Matt for Rodgers yesterday, and I like Schaub alot. He is better than the three guys listed.

I think it really depends.... matt schaub is one of the more accurate passers in the nfl... also he generally makes excellent decisions in the clutch... some people talk about arm strength but really he has a good arm , not great but good. I would personally rate a smart passer over a guy who can bounce it off the goal post any day of the week... not saying he is neccissarily better than any of those guys but there are aspects of his game that are better... typing from my phone or I would have a link for ya .... one last point we had the league leading rusher and dude still put up impressive numbers as he has since we got him....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

TheDream34
08-24-2011, 03:18 AM
can someone post the info on Joseph, i don't have insider

dream_team
08-24-2011, 06:11 AM
What I find funny and ironic is the national media (you know those folks who never give the Texans respect) routinely ranks Mario very high but around here he is trade bait.

People on this board expect the world from 1st round draft picks. If by week 4 Watt doesn't have a sack, it will be interesting to hear what people will start to say about him.

False Start
08-24-2011, 08:04 AM
People on this board expect the world from 1st round draft picks. If by week 4 Watt doesn't have a sack, it will be interesting to hear what people will start to say about him.

He'll be a bust, Wade is senile, and we should trade him for a 7th rounder next year because thats all we'll be able to get for him. :kubepalm: