PDA

View Full Version : Saints Fans Complaining about Cut-Blocking

HOU-TEX
08-22-2011, 02:04 PM
I'm not a member of the SaintsReport message board, but I was reading a few threads they had on the game. It's kinda ironic to me. They're bitching about our cut blocking, yet their Olineman tried doing a similar block on Mario during a screen.

To be honest, as a guy who played a lot of football at the DE position, I hated getting cut. Then again, it's legal. Which means it's football.

A lot of the comments are moronic

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204568

Ole Miss Texan
08-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Boohoo. It was Kubiak's master plan to keep our offense on the field... he was so terrified of Reggie Bush playing Decoy he forgot the dude was in Miami now.

Thorn
08-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I've heard this **** before, and it's just that, bull****. If it was that dangerous, the NFL would outlaw it. Jesus H Christ you can't even tackle people anymore with flags being thrown at you. They are kicking off from the 35 to prevent runbacks and injuries on returns, you can't look at a frigging QB crosseyed or you get a flag.

Come on now. If cut blocking was that much of a problem (other than in fans minds) it would have gone away by now. And all 32 teams do it, they just don't do it on ALL their running plays like we do.

It's just bull**** from pissed off Ain'ts fans, pay no attention to it.

BigBull17
08-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Ive cut many of people, and Ive been cut many of times, and Ill say this. A blindside hit does alot more than a cut block. I have never even hurt a single person cutting them. Its a complete myth that it actually hurts your knees, unless it is a fluke head placement. And like was stated before, not a word of the cut block on Mario trying to nab the pick.

nero THE zero
08-22-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't recall a single instance of an opposing defender being injured by a cut block in the 5+ years Kubiak has been here.

DocBar
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
The league addressed this by making it illegal to cut block a player that is engaged already.

The Pencil Neck
08-22-2011, 03:04 PM
The league addressed this by making it illegal to cut block a player that is engaged already.

Which is the chop block that the Niners used to love.

whiskeyrbl
08-22-2011, 03:19 PM
They are nothing more than a bunch of whiney girls that cannot face the fact they got drove.

GP
08-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Sounds like the sort of griping fans do when they got their azz kicked.

That makes me happy. :spin:

TheMatrix31
08-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Again I say....Saints fans are ridiculously annoying.

Blake
08-22-2011, 03:37 PM
I see carr_bombed over there defending our honor! haha

Thorn
08-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I see carr_bombed over there defending our honor! haha

It should be interesting to see the replies to Mr. Bombed's post. :ahhaha:

Carr Bombed
08-22-2011, 03:44 PM
I was bored. :runaway:

Pantherstang84
08-22-2011, 03:46 PM

Me thinks your tenure will not be very long over there.:spit:

Thorn

Good post though. I'll have to check them again later tonight and see if they replied. I'm tempted to get a login and go ahead and start some **** before the regular season game, but I think I'll hold off for now.

jaayteetx
Again I say....Saints fans are ridiculously annoying.

Yep, and most of them have forgotten the suckitude that was the Saints for so long.

TexansBlood
08-22-2011, 03:47 PM
They mad

gtexan02
08-22-2011, 03:51 PM
haha I'm trying to register but I can't get the authorization email. Carr Bombed, how long did it take for you?

Carr Bombed
08-22-2011, 03:57 PM
haha I'm trying to register but I can't get the authorization email. Carr Bombed, how long did it take for you?

I was actually already a member. I think I created a account to tell them how much Reggie sucks. LOL

I know, I'm a d... :)

ESAD2-14
08-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Now the Texans are a dirty team :rolleyes:. According to that board we are a pathetic franchise, probably why they are so butt hurt about losing to us even if only pre-season. Which is funny coming from fans of a franchise that set the standard for exercising their right to futility in the NFL.

Saints get pushed around in one pre-season game and their fans get a "sand in the clam" attitude. Doubt there would have been a peep out of them if they would have won that game.

I imagine Carr_Bombed stirred up the nest over there too.

Blake
08-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Looks like the Saints fans are gunning for Mario. Dont be surprised when they come out of the stands and CUT BLOCK MARIO!

They also need to learn the difference between a cut block and a chop block.

gtexan02
08-22-2011, 04:15 PM
CB can you please let this guy know his article was from 8 months ago lol
http://saintsreport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3943119&postcount=35

Also, be sure to pile on him about how when you search "Texans injury cut block" this is the ONLY article that comes up. lol

Also, feel free to share with the person who said "pathetic franchise" this website from the last time we played:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271118034

TimeKiller
08-22-2011, 04:16 PM
1. Quit acting like every single play, down, situation the entire ol, any blocking backs, te or wideouts instantly dive like Raiden on old Mortal Kombat at defenders.

2. Quit acting like people are having their careers ruined over it.

3. Quit acting like every - single - team but yours does it.

While we're on the subject of blocking, how bout workman Joel Dreesen seeking and DESTROYING linebackers with his blocks?!?! Dude has game if you notice, it's just not catching 20 yard passes like OD.

Ole Miss Texan
08-22-2011, 04:21 PM
CB can you please let this guy know his article was from 8 months ago lol
http://saintsreport.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3943119&postcount=35

Also, be sure to pile on him about how when you search "Texans injury cut block" this is the ONLY article that comes up. lol

Also, feel free to share with the person who said "pathetic franchise" this website from the last time we played:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=271118034

Ha! I saw that dude mentioned it like it was during the last preseason game against the jets. That clippet was clearly from 8 months ago and a completely different game/team.

Carr Bomb, please go back on their site and just write, "HOU DAT!!"

fiasco west
08-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Good, you know you're going somewhere when you start to get people calling you dirty and cheap.

The1ApplePie
08-22-2011, 05:07 PM
The Texans cut-block the right way. I don't see a reason to complain.

It's not like the Bronco's style were it was cheap and borderline illegal

Of course I've played o-line in a cut-blocking system:wild:

DocBar
08-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Which is the chop block that the Niners used to love.Yes it is and that means the league addressed it where it needed to be addressed. The Bronco's used to love it, also.

Second Honeymoon
08-22-2011, 05:20 PM
no offense, whining Saints fan and whining Saints players..but you can go screw yourselves.

nothing sucks more than a Saints fan in Houston. Go back to New Orleans. Please.

ESAD2-14
08-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Quoted from SaintsReport board:

If it's legal, then our guys will be coached up to counter it. I personally don't agree with hitting guys in the knees, but if it's legal then we have to find a way to stop it. Houston has always had a chip on their shoulder towards us, and we should've been ready for them to play like they've actually been to the playoffs. SP and GW will have something for them in a month or so. This I know.
:spit:

Huh?

Cowboys, Colts, Titans...yeah. But the Saints? Hahahahahahaha.........

DocBar
08-22-2011, 05:46 PM
no offense, whining Saints fan and whining Saints players..but you can go screw yourselves.

nothing sucks more than a Saints fan in Houston. Go back to New Orleans. Please.I disagree. Nothing sucks worse than a Cowgirls or Steelers fan in Houston. I like the sAints when we aren't playing them. They were the NFL "lovable loser's" version of the Cubs for a long time.

c10x
08-22-2011, 05:47 PM
LOL @ them telling you how you are talking tough in their board, when at least half of their posts over there sound like some delusional fan who thinks they are on the team, ready to go end someones career.

CloakNNNdagger
08-22-2011, 05:49 PM
The passing play where Texans fans felt a flag should have been thrown and complained of Mario being interfered with was actually a well-placed thigh level cut block on Mario.

CloakNNNdagger
08-22-2011, 05:53 PM
I disagree. Nothing sucks worse than a Cowgirls or Steelers fan in Houston. I like the sAints when we aren't playing them. They were the NFL "lovable loser's" version of the Cubs for a long time.
I think maybe SH was referring more specifically to the "displaced" Saints fans living in Houston. They seem to be especially obnoxious. But maybe I'm wrong.

DocBar
08-22-2011, 06:21 PM
I think maybe SH was referring more specifically to the "displaced" Saints fans living in Houston. They seem to be especially obnoxious. But maybe I'm wrong.There's still nothing more obnoxious or offensive than a Cowgirl or Steeler fan in my hometown. In my version of Dante's Inferno, there's a 10th ring reserved just for them. sAint's fans have suffered so long and hard, they earned some obnoxiousness in my opinion.
EDIT: I'm only about 30 miles from Pittsburgh right now and talking as much trash as a Texans fan can. That basically reduces me to the victory we had when we only had like 48 yds of offense, but I'm milking it for all I can. I'ma go broke if we lose our game to them!!!

Perki-Perk
08-22-2011, 07:27 PM
There's still nothing more obnoxious or offensive than a Cowgirl or Steeler fan in my hometown. In my version of Dante's Inferno, there's a 10th ring reserved just for them. sAint's fans have suffered so long and hard, they earned some obnoxiousness in my opinion.
EDIT: I'm only about 30 miles from Pittsburgh right now and talking as much trash as a Texans fan can. That basically reduces me to the victory we had when we only had like 48 yds of offense, but I'm milking it for all I can. I'ma go broke if we lose our game to them!!!

I don't know, man, Titans fans are pretty bad too. It's pretty simple for me. What pro sports teams are closest to me geographically. Plain and simple. Or you can go the easy route and jump on the bandwagon of a recent winner, and claim to have been a fan before. How pathetic.

DocBar
08-22-2011, 07:39 PM
I don't know, man, Titans fans are pretty bad too. It's pretty simple for me. What pro sports teams are closest to me geographically. Plain and simple. Or you can go the easy route and jump on the bandwagon of a recent winner, and claim to have been a fan before. How pathetic.I cut Tits fans some slack cuz they used to be Oiler fans and the team took the records with them.

Perki-Perk
08-22-2011, 07:42 PM
I cut Tits fans some slack cuz they used to be Oiler fans and the team took the records with them.

I don't. Bud Adams was a thorn in the side of this town and I would have preferred that he would have sold the team. 1 yard bitches. I don't like Adams and I don't like their fans. My cousin included. Might as well start calling them the Catfish, because they ain't gonna be nothing but bottom feeders this year!

Showtime100
08-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Man, Saints fans have become Cowboy fans without the bling (comparatively speaking).

Perki-Perk
08-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Man, Saints fans have become Cowboy fans without the bling (comparatively speaking).

Don't worry, our time is coming soon enough and something very strange will happen. You will notice people that you could have sworn were Saints, Cowboys or even Titans fans, are now, yep, you guessed it, Texans fans. Watch how many people will be claiming they've been down since 02 and blah blah blah blah. Do I need to pull out my expansion jersey that I got while I was stationed in Guam!?!?

DocBar
08-22-2011, 07:46 PM
I don't. Bud Adams was a thorn in the side of this town and I would have preferred that he would have sold the team. 1 yard bitches. I don't like Adams and I don't like their fans. My cousin included. Might as well start calling them the Catfish, because they ain't gonna be nothing but bottom feeders this year!OK. I was going to Oilers games in 1976 and was a die-hard fan of theirs. You do what you think is right and so will I.

Perki-Perk
08-22-2011, 07:49 PM
OK. I was going to Oilers games in 1976 and was a die-hard fan of theirs. You do what you think is right and so will I.

GASP! When you were 6 years old?? Wow. I don't remember much from when I was 6. Haha, I hear you. I loved the Oilers, but their departure left an incredibly bad taste in my mouth. Texans came in like that shiny new girlfriend and made me forget all about the ***** that left! Sure we have our problems, but she ain't going anywhere!

Showtime100
08-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Don't worry, our time is coming soon enough and something very strange will happen. You will notice people that you could have sworn were Saints, Cowboys or even Titans fans, are now, yep, you guessed it, Texans fans. Watch how many people will be claiming they've been down since 02 and blah blah blah blah. Do I need to pull out my expansion jersey that I got while I was stationed in Guam!?!?

Point taken and I very much agree :). However I was referring to the "the world is out to get us.....waaaa" routine they are so known for.

BigBull17
08-22-2011, 08:27 PM
I disagree. Nothing sucks worse than a Cowgirls or Steelers fan in Houston. I like the sAints when we aren't playing them. They were the NFL "lovable loser's" version of the Cubs for a long time.

At least those are storied franchises. I bet half of those little bitches have been a Saints fan for a shorter period if time than I've been a Texans fan. They remind me of 2000 ish Rams fans. **** off.

DocBar
08-22-2011, 08:35 PM
At least those are storied franchises. I bet half of those little bitches have been a Saints fan for a shorter period if time than I've been a Texans fan. They remind me of 2000 ish Rams fans. **** off.OK. I like the Rams OK, too. I don't hate teams that have success while we have failure. I hate teams that cause us failure (minus the Tits to an extent) like the girls and Steelers. Feel free to have your own hate-base.

Perki-Perk
08-22-2011, 08:40 PM
The way I see it...Boo all other 31 teams that even have a remote chance of playing my Texans. Fan UP people!!

Speedy
08-22-2011, 08:53 PM
I hope other teams fans are complaining about the Texans all season long.

Pantherstang84
08-22-2011, 08:59 PM
I hope other teams fans are complaining about the Texans all season long.

Me too. As a matter of fact, I would be mighty proud.

sakebomb
08-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Who dat? blah blah blah. I use to root for the Saints and love the city. 'Aints fans have been sky rocketing my personal "most annoying fans" list ever since the Super Bowl run.

I still love the city though. :specnatz:

DocBar
08-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Who dat? blah blah blah. I use to root for the Saints and love the city. 'Aints fans have been sky rocketing my personal "most annoying fans" list ever since the Super Bowl run.

I still love the city though. :specnatz:I enjoy it and can't wait til I can join them in talking trash about a SB victory. I've been all over the world and must say that Texans tend to be more annoying than anyone else. "In Texas, we do it this way or that way or another way." In most cases, looking and listening ends up being the better course. Having said all that, I probably talk more Texans trash, both nationally and internationally than any 2 fans combined. I take at leat 3 jerseys with me everywhere I go and wear them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It will sure be nice to have a Lombardi Trophy handy to back up my alligator mouth and hummingbird ass.

Showtime100
08-22-2011, 09:39 PM
I enjoy it and can't wait til I can join them in talking trash about a SB victory. I've been all over the world and must say that Texans tend to be more annoying than anyone else. "In Texas, we do it this way or that way or another way." In most cases, looking and listening ends up being the better course. Having said all that, I probably talk more Texans trash, both nationally and internationally than any 2 fans combined. I take at leat 3 jerseys with me everywhere I go and wear them on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It will sure be nice to have a Lombardi Trophy handy to back up my alligator mouth and hummingbird ass.

That is what has been tough. Just nothing to hang your hat on (no Texas pun intended). I'm not a guy to trash another guy for wearing another jersey, but when they do that to me it woulld be nice if they, for once, gave props for sticking with my team. Problem is that is a foreign language to >50% of the Cowboy fans here in Austin.

I sure would like to say more than I can now, though....lol

DocBar
08-22-2011, 09:43 PM
That is what has been tough. Just nothing to hang your hat on (no Texas pun intended). I'm not a guy to trash another guy for wearing another jersey, but when they do that to me it woulld be nice if they, for once, gave props for sticking with my team. Problem is that is a foreign language to >50% of the Cowboy fans here in Austin.

I sure would like to say more than I can now, though....lolAlmost invariably, I meet chuckles and a shake of the head at my loyalty. That helps me understand The sAints and Rams fans and every other team that has let their fans down. In fact, it becomes a common point of understanding with fans of teams like that. It's easy to be a Steeler, Cowgirls, Patriots fan. Not so much when you wear a Rams, Browns, Bungles, Texans, Lions jersey.

RazorOye
08-22-2011, 09:51 PM
that was painful to watch... props to the Texans on the performance

I think at least some of the frustration about the cut blocking stems from the injury that Franklin sustained - he's going to be a key front 7 cog and the MCL strain wasn't happy news. If he doesn't get injured and the DLine doesn't get manhandled, then this isn't a big issue.

after the hurting the D put on the '9ers last week, I think they looked awfully complacent whereas the Texans OLine looked like they wanted it more, and that's got nothing to do with cut blocking - hopefully the D has learned a lesson from this and they'll want some vindication when the teams meet up in the regular season

MEGA SWATT
08-22-2011, 09:55 PM
I can't wait till we beat they azz in the regular season.:wild:

GlassHalfFull
08-22-2011, 09:58 PM
that was painful to watch... props to the Texans on the performance

I think at least some of the frustration about the cut blocking stems from the injury that Franklin sustained - he's going to be a key front 7 cog and the MCL strain wasn't happy news. If he doesn't get injured and the DLine doesn't get manhandled, then this isn't a big issue.

after the hurting the D put on the '9ers last week, I think they looked awfully complacent whereas the Texans OLine looked like they wanted it more, and that's got nothing to do with cut blocking - hopefully the D has learned a lesson from this and they'll want some vindication when the teams meet up in the regular season

Whoa, wait a minute. Why did I not know you were a Saints fan?? I take back all the nice thoughts I have had about you.
:fans:

RazorOye
08-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Whoa, wait a minute. Why did I not know you were a Saints fan?? I take back all the nice thoughts I have had about you.
:fans:

heh... I figured the avatar would've given me away long ago. It's more than a pretty picture ;)

GlassHalfFull
08-22-2011, 10:10 PM
heh... I figured the avatar would've given me away long ago. It's more than a pretty picture ;)

I need to be more observant.

False Start
08-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Saints fans are moving into Cowboy, Titans, Jazz, and Cardinals territory as far as disdain for them. :crying:

adboy
08-23-2011, 12:59 AM
anybody got a video of the mario williams play

Malloy
08-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Good post though. I'll have to check them again later tonight and see if they replied. I'm tempted to get a login and go ahead and start some **** before the regular season game, but I think I'll hold off for now.

Come on mate, I think I speak for everyone here, we want to see you go bananas over there! :)

KA4Texan
08-23-2011, 01:56 AM
So, one of their players gets injured and they hope for intentional injuries on our players next time we face?

Classy.

Injuries happen, its football, not golf, give me a break, I would love for our guys to put hurt on every team (Let them know they played us), but never hope for injuries. (Especially PM, I'll take the win however but I would rather our guys beat the colts without the asterisk)

GNTLEWOLF
08-23-2011, 02:24 AM
Almost invariably, I meet chuckles and a shake of the head at my loyalty. That helps me understand The sAints and Rams fans and every other team that has let their fans down. In fact, it becomes a common point of understanding with fans of teams like that. It's easy to be a Steeler, Cowgirls, Patriots fan. Not so much when you wear a Rams, Browns, Bungles, Texans, Lions jersey.

I can remember when fans of all three of those teams felt the way Texans, Browns, Rams, Bengals, and Lions fans feel.

Perki-Perk
08-23-2011, 08:40 AM
I can remember when fans of all three of those teams felt the way Texans, Browns, Rams, Bengals, and Lions fans feel.

Um, Pats maybe, but Steelers and Cowboys have had titles since the 70's....

Texanmike02
08-23-2011, 08:50 AM

I've got an email from Dec 02 in my texansfan4life@********.*** account. Am I verified?

Mike

GNTLEWOLF
08-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Um, Pats maybe, but Steelers and Cowboys have had titles since the 70's....

uh o.k., but life didn't just begin for me in the 70's I was alive and believe it or not , interested in football when the Cowboys were founded. I was an interested sort-of-fan when the Oilers were AFL Champions. I remember when the Steelers were a joke and almost as big a laughing stock in Football as the Texans have been. I was watching when the Cowboys were anything but winners. I remember watching Don Meredith play. I saw the First Superbowl. It wasn't called that then. I remember believing that the AFL would never be able to compete with the older NFL. I was big Lombardi and Packers fan. I saw the Ice-bowl on TV.Yes There was a time when each of those franchises and their fans felt just the way that Texans, Lions, Browns, and Bengals Fans feel now. I remember.

Perki-Perk
08-23-2011, 09:15 AM
uh o.k., but life didn't just begin for me in the 70's I was alive and believe it or not , interested in football when the Cowboys were founded. I was an interested sort-of-fan when the Oilers were AFL Champions. I remember when the Steelers were a joke and almost as big a laughing stock in Football as the Texans have been. I was watching when the Cowboys were anything but winners. I remember watching Don Meredith play. I saw the First Superbowl. It wasn't called that then. I remember believing that the AFL would never be able to compete with the older NFL. I was big Lombardi and Packers fan. I saw the Ice-bowl on TV.Yes There was a time when each of those franchises and their fans felt just the way that Texans, Lions, Browns, and Bengals Fans feel now. I remember.

Sorry, I didn't realize how OLD you are...haha. Most football fans do not remember that nowadays....

HOU-TEX
08-23-2011, 09:30 AM
Wow, a win of a meaningless preseason game in which neither side purposely game planed and suddenly your team is relevant enough to come trolling our boards? Tell the other Texan trolls waiting for confirmation email to come back when the Texans become relevant, until then, see ya in week 3. Thanks for dropping by to beg for respect for your team, not an uncommon site here since we beat down so many teams!

Man, Saints fans sure have gotten big heads these days. I mean, how long did it take the Saints to become "relevant"? You'd think they are a dynasty with the way these boneheads talk. And to think, just a few years ago they were one the worst NFL teams ever.

Dread-Head
08-23-2011, 09:56 AM
In the year they won the Superbowl they took so many cheap shots at Bret Favre AFTER he had thrown the football it wasn't even funny and a couple of those were blind side hits at the knee. Those muff-huggas need to watch a few episodes of "My Name is Earl" and move on.

False Start
08-23-2011, 11:10 AM
I've said it before the Saints were pretty much a JOKE before they won the SB, now their fans act like they are the greatest team to ever step on a football field. :ok: :kubepalm:

thunderkyss
08-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Check out this link (http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2011/8/23/2378689/candid-camera-saints-woes-versus-texans?ref=yahoo)

Some pretty good stuff.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/692060/BushrodTakesaKnee.jpg

BigBull17
08-23-2011, 11:36 AM
I've said it before the Saints were pretty much a JOKE before they won the SB, now their fans act like they are the greatest team to ever step on a football field. :ok: :kubepalm:

Yeah, Saints fans leaving the stadium were mouthing off like crazy. At least with Cowpoke's and Steelers they have actually been consistant power houses.

GlassHalfFull
08-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Check out this link (http://www.canalstreetchronicles.com/2011/8/23/2378689/candid-camera-saints-woes-versus-texans?ref=yahoo)

Some pretty good stuff.

From Kyss' link

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/692056/BrownGetsBeat_medium.jpg

:potkettle:

Perki-Perk
08-23-2011, 11:43 AM
I've got an email from Dec 02 in my texansfan4life@********.*** account. Am I verified?

Mike

IDK, I'd have to see the email to verify it's validity..haha

GP
08-23-2011, 11:52 AM

That WAS a good link. Very cool to see another team's fan breaking down their team's failures against us.

Thanks for sharing the link, TK. Rep your way!

Chance_C
08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Nice catch GHF! Pretty ironic isn't it?

nero THE zero
08-23-2011, 01:10 PM
From Kyss' link

Post that up over there. Someone should also get a still-frame of Nicks cutting Mario.

CloakNNNdagger
08-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah, Saints fans leaving the stadium were mouthing off like crazy. At least with Cowpoke's and Steelers they have actually been consistant power houses.

Maybe the Steelers.............I can't remember that far back when the Cowpokes and power house was used in the same sentence by anyone other than Cowpokes fans.:tiphat:

gwallaia
08-23-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm glad now the 7-9 Seahawks beat them in the playoffs last year.

Thorn
08-23-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm glad now the 7-9 Seahawks beat them in the playoffs last year.

Now that you mention that, I remember cheering for the Seahawks that game. :lol:

gwallaia
08-23-2011, 04:51 PM
If only we had a Mod from the Saints board here to help us through this.

wink wink

RazorOye
08-23-2011, 05:31 PM

wink wink

I find that

cough cough

works better...

Showtime100
08-23-2011, 06:57 PM

wink wink

You talking about.......must be. I wonder where that person went. :cool:

Wolf
08-23-2011, 10:34 PM
From Kyss' link

Carr pointed that out and the response from one
I'm not going to deny that the Saints use it on occasion. But it's not the basis of their run blocking technique. Notice in that picture the entire OL is on their feet blocking (except for C. Brown chasing Brooks Reed). The player you pointed out is a fullback or TE making an open field block. Nice try though.

You aren't going to win over there it seems, one is crying about the blocking scheme and how each man should man up on another.

I hope we kick the **** out of the saints.

The Cush
08-24-2011, 01:34 AM
The OP over there keeps stating you can't cut block on passing plays. Didn't the Jets cut block Mario on a 3 step drop that ESPN kept replaying over and over again, not to mention the one during the Saints game on the screen that nearly resulted in a Mario interception?

And then a guy chimes in at the end about how sad of a franchise we have because of no playoff appearances and championships when it took the Saints 20 years to have their first winning record/playoff appearance. They really do live in their own world over there

Ryan
08-24-2011, 02:27 AM
LOL this is truly golden

Exactly right. Houston always plays the Saints like it's their Superbowl, because that's all they've got. No championships, no playoff victories (for that matter, no playoff appearances). What a sad sad team.

LOL, when did any of us give a rat's a$$ about this meaningless game? :vincepalm:

dream_team
08-24-2011, 06:17 AM
The OP over there keeps stating you can't cut block on passing plays. Didn't the Jets cut block Mario on a 3 step drop that ESPN kept replaying over and over again, not to mention the one during the Saints game on the screen that nearly resulted in a Mario interception?

And then a guy chimes in at the end about how sad of a franchise we have because of no playoff appearances and championships when it took the Saints 20 years to have their first winning record/playoff appearance. They really do live in their own world over there

Every team cut blocks. Just some do it more often than others. In order to throw a three step drop pass, the tackle and/or guard has to cut to quickly create that passing lane.

gwallaia
08-24-2011, 11:31 AM
The Saints overall history is one of the saddest in the NFL. These "message board" fans must not have been around when the Aints were playing every Sunday year after year.

Texan_Bill
08-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Funny, they didn't cry after last season's pre-season game. :hmmm:

Texan_Bill
08-24-2011, 05:02 PM
The Saints overall history is one of the saddest in the NFL. These "message board" fans must not have been around when the Aints were playing every Sunday year after year.

I think they went like 12 or 13 seasons before their first non-losing season (8-8), and nearly 20 years before their first playoff appearance.

Double Barrel
08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
I think they went like 12 or 13 seasons before their first non-losing season (8-8), and nearly 20 years before their first playoff appearance.

They went 20 years without a winning season. They had two .500 seaons, iirc.

That they would turn into obnoxious Cowboy-lite fan is disappointing. I used to root for them as an NFC team, but many of their fans have turned me off.

Now, I'm rooting for the Cardinals as my NFC team. Go Kevin Kolb!

Texan_Bill
08-24-2011, 05:15 PM
They went 20 years without a winning season. They had two .500 seaons, iirc.

That they would turn into obnoxious Cowboy-lite fan is disappointing. I used to root for them as an NFC team, but many of their fans have turned me off.

Now, I'm rooting for the Cardinals as my NFC team. Go Kevin Kolb!

Yup. Although contrary to popular belief there was one 8-8 season before Bum Phillips did it. The coach was Dick Nolan.

It's just the message board folks that are full of douche.baggery. We had a great time last year and the folks were awesome to us.

RazorOye
08-24-2011, 05:45 PM
obnoxious Cowboy-lite fan is disappointing.

it doesn't get much harsher than that... :facepalm:

it's just the message board folks that are full of douche.baggery.

:(

drs23
08-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Yup. Although contrary to popular belief there was one 8-8 season before Bum Phillips did it. The coach was Dick Nolan.

It's just the message board folks that are full of douche.baggery. We had a great time last year and the folks were awesome to us.

They sure were. Every fan I talked to was very hospitable and a few even bought a round on the Plaza. I had a great time, (Thanks again JB!) though I didn't go to the Dungeon with the group. I felt a need for a steak and was pointed to Brennen's. One of the best I've had in my life!

The Saint's fans were great folks IMO.

b0ng
08-24-2011, 06:19 PM
The only reason it is even being brought up is I think some fans where flabbergasted at how badly the Saints did against the Texans running game. If Arian Foster and Ben Tate don't combine for like 150 yards in the first half we don't hear a word about cut blocking.

Speedy
08-24-2011, 09:32 PM
The Saints never won more than FIVE games until their 12th season.