PDA

View Full Version : NY Times Texans Preview

nytexan
08-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Didn't see this posted, close it out if it has been.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/8/21/2011-houston-texans-season-preview/

Nothing particularly new but I did find it interesting where they rated our Oline.

Jackie Chiles
08-21-2011, 09:44 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84249

Yeah, O-line was a spot I disagreed with.

MEGA SWATT
08-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Man, its getting popular to rag on the Texans for never "breaking out" and for having potential that will end in failure.

His bottom line was just that, predicting failure. f-off.

Big Lou
08-21-2011, 11:14 PM
New York Times as in NEW YORK CITY! Boys get a rope!!!!!!

I wouldn't even wipe my *ss with NY Times....

houstonspartan
08-22-2011, 01:44 AM
Man, its getting popular to rag on the Texans for never "breaking out" and for having potential that will end in failure.

His bottom line was just that, predicting failure. f-off.

He didn't predict failure. He simply said "prove it" and predicted us finishing second in the division.

TheDream34
08-22-2011, 02:16 AM
Meh... I got no problems with it, we gotta to prove ourselves first than everyone will believe in us

Thorn
08-22-2011, 07:37 AM
In 10 years the best this team has ever done is 9-7. Why should we expect anyone to believe in the team except the local fans, who always do anyway.

utahmark
08-22-2011, 11:18 AM
I thought it was a good review. I think he was pretty much dead on about our players.

What we are all hoping is that the players as a whole are better than the pieces. Our O-lineman are pretty average when looked at alone. Our defense was one of the worst in the league last year and now we are completly rebuilding so it's hard for me to think someone from the outside will give them much of a chance.

Now, if you start looking at our O-line as a group and what they do together you start seeing things a little different. Together they lead the way for the leading rusher in the league last year. Together they helped Matt Schaub and AJ have great years. Together they have learned the system and they work as one. Our defense though horrible last year has some talent and the draft seemed to get us some players we needed, add that to the fact that Wade Phillips has turned defenses around in the past and how good we have looked in the preseason so far and you can see a team that might be better than some guy from New York is predicting.

GuerillaBlack
08-22-2011, 02:01 PM
I thought it was a good review. I think he was pretty much dead on about our players.

What we are all hoping is that the players as a whole are better than the pieces. Our O-lineman are pretty average when looked at alone. Our defense was one of the worst in the league last year and now we are completly rebuilding so it's hard for me to think someone from the outside will give them much of a chance.

Now, if you start looking at our O-line as a group and what they do together you start seeing things a little different. Together they lead the way for the leading rusher in the league last year. Together they helped Matt Schaub and AJ have great years. Together they have learned the system and they work as one. Our defense though horrible last year has some talent and the draft seemed to get us some players we needed, add that to the fact that Wade Phillips has turned defenses around in the past and how good we have looked in the preseason so far and you can see a team that might be better than some guy from New York is predicting.

Or some guy from Utah. :kitten:

Agree on the post.

ESAD2-14
08-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Guy who wrote that article still thinks we have DA on the roster as well. Article was posted on 8-21-11.

Goatcheese
08-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Apparently Schaub is just sort of Ok, I guess... some of the time. Those over 9,000 yards the past 2 seasons must have thrown themselves.

:rolleyes:

For a guy who has gone straight up Super Saiyan over the past two seasons Schaub gets no respect.

TheDream34
08-22-2011, 09:45 PM
Schaub is a good quarterback, but i have no problem with anyone who does not believe he is a top 10 quarterback, you at least got to make the playoffs then you wil get the love and respect

MEGA SWATT
08-22-2011, 10:01 PM
He didn't predict failure. He simply said "prove it" and predicted us finishing second in the division.

I didn't see it that way. I still think it's written in such a way that failure will be the result b/c your d will more than likely still suck.

nytexan
08-23-2011, 12:57 AM
Guy who wrote that article still thinks we have DA on the roster as well. Article was posted on 8-21-11.

I think you may have read that part wrong. Here's the actual quote.

Dorin Dickerson and a collection of undrafted youngsters are vying for the opportunity to replace David Anderson at the bottom of the depth chart.

Lady.Gaga.3000
08-23-2011, 01:32 AM
It's unbelievable how some of you fail at reading comprehension. You see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear.

It's like, if a person does not live in proximity to Houston or they are pessimistic towards Houston's possible success, then you automatically dismiss whatever they say and label them an *****.

ObsiWan
08-23-2011, 03:02 AM
I didn't see it that way. I still think it's written in such a way that failure will be the result b/c your d will more than likely still suck.

Here's the guy's bottom line

Bottom Line
We believed in the Texans when they had a potent offense and seemingly rising defense, and in the end we came away feeling duped. So why would we believe in them when they have a still-potent offense but now a seemingly rebuilding defense?
Predicted Finish: 2nd A.F.C. South

Truth be told, if we put down our Big-Gulp sized Koolade cups, it's where we all are. We believe in our offense with AJ-Prime, Arian, OD, and Schaub but most of us think the defense still has to prove they can hold up their end. If that's not the case, then why all the KJ falls down, Mario sucks at OLB, trade Mario, our NTs suck, threads? He ain't saying anything that we haven't been saying all through camp: the defense has to show us it's worthy to dress in the same locker room as our offense.

ESAD2-14
08-23-2011, 07:03 AM
I think you may have read that part wrong. Here's the actual quote.

Dorin Dickerson and a collection of undrafted youngsters are vying for the opportunity to replace David Anderson at the bottom of the depth chart.

I may have, would not be the first time. My lexdisia may have kicked in.

Thorn
08-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Here's the guy's bottom line

Truth be told, if we put down our Big-Gulp sized Koolade cups, it's where we all are. We believe in our offense with AJ-Prime, Arian, OD, and Schaub but most of us think the defense still has to prove they can hold up their end. If that's not the case, then why all the KJ falls down, Mario sucks at OLB, trade Mario, our NTs suck, threads? He ain't saying anything that we haven't been saying all through camp: the defense has to show us it's worthy to dress in the same locker room as our offense.

Quit making sense. That's not what these boards are for. :stirpot:

drs23
08-23-2011, 10:27 AM
It's unbelievable how some of you fail at reading comprehension. You see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear.

It's like, if a person does not live in proximity to Houston or they are pessimistic towards Houston's possible success, then you automatically dismiss whatever they say and label them an *****.

C'mon Lady, chill. I don't really think that's an accuarate statement at all. We have posters from all over the country. Heck, the whole world really. There are many differing opinions which will vary from year to year, hell, practice to practice. There are times when rhetoric will fly based on these differing opinions and that's what we're here for. To discuss our Houston Texans.

Do some folks seem to be attacking personally? Sometimes, perhaps but that's driven by being passionate about our team in the heat of battle if you will. I don't take having a differernt perspective and stating such "dissmissing whatever they say and label(ing) them an asterisk"

What exactly was said, pray tell Lady, that pulled your panties into a knot? :blowakiss: