PDA

View Full Version : Jet fan here

Dimitri_0515
08-21-2011, 10:40 AM
I just want to say that the Texans have a great team this year. I hope you guys finally make the jump and beat the Colts for the division. Great, classy organization. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

jaayteetx
08-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks, man, you make me feel bad for ragging on your coach. Good luck to you guys.

TexansFanatic
08-21-2011, 10:56 AM
I just want to say that the Texans have a great team this year. I hope you guys finally make the jump and beat the Colts for the division. Great, classy organization. Hope to see you in the playoffs.

Solid post. If the Texans don't go all the way, I hope the Jets do. Ryan is a hoot.

Dimitri_0515
08-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Almost forgot classy fans.

MEGA SWATT
08-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Hey thanks. You guys need a better backup QB. If Sanchez goes down, you guys are done. Granted, that applies to most teams - but not all due to some back up Gems ala Matt Cassell once upon a time and umm Matt Leinart :whip::scarygirl::brando::gun:.

Dimitri_0515
08-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Hey thanks. You guys need a better backup QB. If Sanchez goes down, you guys are done. Granted, that applies to most teams - but not all due to some back up Gems ala Matt Cassell once upon a time and umm Matt Leinert :whip::scarygirl::brando::gun:.

LOL, I think we'll be fine. We still have one of the best olines in the league to protect him. Not if Vlad Ducasse plays though...

b0ng
08-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Just glad we don't have to play the damn Jets in the regular season this year. Having to play Balty every year is bad enough.

c10x
08-22-2011, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the post. I get tired of the Jets love fest on ESPN, but other than that, I actually enjoy following them. Hard not to like that kind of team (strong D and devoted to running the ball). And as another poster said, Ryan is a hoot. The game is better because of him.

TEXANS84
08-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the kind words, good luck this season as well.

Brisco_County
08-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Hey man, don't come in here and start ruining my preconceived generalizations of Jets fans. I need my hate. Don't take that away from me.

MojoMan
08-22-2011, 06:47 PM

Yo, Dmitri! Long time, no see.

It would be great to meet you guys again in the AFC championship game. Of course, one step at a time. But as fans, we are always thinking Super Bowl to start the year.

FYI - you only need two more posts before your rep totals begin to appear next to your name here.

Good luck to the Jets this year (unless they play the Texans, of course)!

Showtime100
08-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Pretty cool of you to say, Dimitri. Good luck this year.

(I'm gonna rue the day I wished the Jets luck :D)

GP
08-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Pretty cool of you to say, Dimitri. Good luck this year.

(I'm gonna rue the day I wished the Jets luck :D)

Hey, Showtime....

I thought your signature image had the bull blowing smoke rings out of his nostrils (on the scoreboard) or a baseball animation where the baseball is hit and has a "Bang!" type of effect? Did it ever have that? If it did, why is it gone?

Been meaning to ask you that.

TO CLARIFY: I mean the little section of scoreboard in the middle of your image. Not the stuff on each end of the image.

Showtime100
08-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Always was this way. I wish I had the little baseball dot that goes from the Dome roof to the other end..lol.

And no the bull also, but in retrospect maybe I should have included it to get it closer to a Texans thing. :)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Astros/BULL.gifhttp://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Astros/cowboy.gifhttp://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Astros/BULL.gif

ObsiWan
08-23-2011, 03:18 AM

Thanks for the good wishes and back atcha.

(don't tell these guys but I used to be a Jets fan back in the days of Joe Willie Whiteshoes, Matt Snell, Don Maynard, George Sauer, Emerson Boozer, etc. I even followed Stengel and his "Amazin' Mets"... Then in the mid 70s I moved to Houston and became an Oilers fan :D)

Pantherstang84
08-23-2011, 06:42 AM
Always was this way. I wish I had the little baseball dot that goes from the Dome roof to the other end..lol.

And no the bull also, but in retrospect maybe I should have included it to get it closer to a Texans thing. :)

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Astros/BULL.gifhttp://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Astros/cowboy.gifhttp://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Houston%20Astros/BULL.gif

Off topic but I remember the score board from when I was a kid. That thing was awesome in it's day. Too bad Bud Adam's greed forced the county to do way with it.

Playoffs
08-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Off topic but I remember the score board from when I was a kid. That thing was awesome in it's day. Too bad Bud Adam's greed forced the county to do way with it.
Yep, made me smile.

Jet fan should be pumped about Plax this year.

HJam72
08-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the good wishes and back atcha.

(don't tell these guys but I used to be a Jets fan back in the days of Joe Willie Whiteshoes, Matt Snell, Don Maynard, George Sauer, Emerson Boozer, etc. I even followed Stengel and his "Amazin' Mets"... Then in the mid 70s I moved to Houston and became an Oilers fan :D)

Busted!!!

Get a rope! :choke: :photos:

HJam72
08-23-2011, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the well wishes and good luck until we see ya in the playoffs. :splits: