PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Reed is gonna have to be on the field somehow someway

stingray
08-20-2011, 09:42 PM
When the season starts. The guy is talented and can rush the passer. He might just be the real deal.

gtexan02
08-20-2011, 09:44 PM
His practice notes have been terrible, but he sure brings it on gameday. Some players are like that. He looks great out there

stingray
08-20-2011, 09:45 PM
His practice notes have been terrible, but he sure brings it on gameday. Some players are like that. He looks great out there

I heard that, but man the guy does bring it. He might turn out to be nothing special but I want to see more of him especially against starters.

thunderkyss
08-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Next week we should see more of a real Defensive rotation. Hopefully that would include Reed going against some 1s.

He looks good....

Seems like Brooks Reed & Antonio Smith are the only ones making plays from the front 7

TexansFanatic
08-20-2011, 10:13 PM
I was calling for him to start by the end of the game.

I don't envy the coaches having to decide who gets cut. This is by far the most talent I've ever seen in a Texans preseason.

This team should easily win 11 games.

DocBar
08-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Next week we should see more of a real Defensive rotation. Hopefully that would include Reed going against some 1s.

He looks good....

Seems like Brooks Reed & Antonio Smith are the only ones making plays from the front 7THIS!!! Game 3 will give us a better measuring stick, unless you consider we're playing the 49'ers. Do FBS style points count?

Wolf6151
08-21-2011, 05:37 AM
I want to see Reed getting some playing time with the starters against the oppositions starters for a true evaluation of his abilities. If he plays great then he might make Mario obsolete. At the very least he looks faster and more athletic than Mario who looks stiff. I think Marios size is working against him at OLB, he's just not quick enough.

BullsOnParade
08-21-2011, 06:02 AM
I don't see him starting over Mario, but I do think he'll get more plays in the rotation. Reed took a step forward this week, while Nading took one back.

alphajoker
08-21-2011, 07:08 AM

He looks good....

Seems like Brooks Reed & Antonio Smith are the only ones making plays from the front 7

I don't know...seems like that number 99 guy is wreaking a little havoc out there, too.

GuerillaBlack
08-21-2011, 07:13 AM
next week we should see more of a real defensive rotation. Hopefully that would include reed going against some 1s.

He looks good....

seems like brooks reed & antonio smith are the only ones making plays from the front 7

WAAAAAATTTTTT

You're forgetting JJ. Earl has been decent as well, but needs improvement.

Rey
08-21-2011, 07:53 AM

He looks good....

Tim Jamison? Jj watts? Scooter berry? Earl Mitchell?

Antonio and Brooks reed made plays this week, but lots of guys were making plays last week.

Mario also dropped into coverage more times than I think he normally will.

I like the fact that different guys are stepping up. I like the fact that when a guy gets a hit on the qb another guy is flying in to clean up, or pick up a fumble. Heck, even in his first action Cushing looked pretty good blitzing and getting in the qb's face.

Different guys stepping up and doing Stuff is a great thing. That's what you want out of your defense.

hradhak
08-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Reed will get playing time. My understanding is that Wade likes to rotate guys in to give the other OLBs a rest. We'll see Barwin, Reed, and Mario in there in different combinations. I think Reed improved a lot on the field since last game. He was very much more around the ball than last week.

Hottoddie
08-21-2011, 11:28 AM
I want to see Reed getting some playing time with the starters against the oppositions starters for a true evaluation of his abilities. If he plays great then he might make Mario obsolete. At the very least he looks faster and more athletic than Mario who looks stiff. I think Marios size is working against him at OLB, he's just not quick enough.

Why do I keep seeing comments like this on this board? Mario is too talented to become obsolete. What Reed's play could allow us to do is shift Mario back to DE & slide Watt to the NT position. In my opinion, Watt would be an upgrade over Cody & Mitchell at this point.

Spled
08-21-2011, 03:59 PM
He seemed to be overpowering the ol at times.

Lucky
08-21-2011, 04:08 PM
What Reed's play could allow us to do is shift Mario back to DE & slide Watt to the NT position. In my opinion, Watt would be an upgrade over Cody & Mitchell at this point.
That would be asking a lot of Watt. He's very tall for a NT. Not unprecedented, as I've seen 6'6" Richard Seymour play NT for the Pats as a rookie.

If Reed can continue to get to the QB, it might make sense to move Mario inside in the nickel. Essentially play 4 DEs (Williams, Barwin, Reed, and either Smith or Watt). As the Giants did to Brady in Super Bowl XLII. In fact, that would be the front I would go to at the start of the Indy game. Begin in the nickel, and dare the Colts to run.

Hottoddie
08-21-2011, 06:54 PM
That would be asking a lot of Watt. He's very tall for a NT. Not unprecedented, as I've seen 6'6" Richard Seymour play NT for the Pats as a rookie.

He's been willing to do whatever the coaches want him to do & he takes coaching very well. If I recall correctly, Wade indicated that he might play some NT when we drafted him. With his size & instintive ability to know when to put his hands up, he would pretty much shut down most down the middle passes. He might not be able to play the NT position, but until I know otherwise, I'm going to continue to think he can.

Texas T
08-21-2011, 07:00 PM

Antonio and Brooks reed made plays this week, but lots of guys were making plays last week.

I like the fact that different guys are stepping up. I like the fact that when a guy gets a hit on the qb another guy is flying in to clean up, or pick up a fumble. Heck, even in his first action Cushing looked pretty good blitzing and getting in the qb's face.

Different guys stepping up and doing Stuff is a great thing. That's what you want out of your defense.

This has been the best part of the D so far. Shut down one guy and someone else seems to be stepping up. If this keeps up it's gonna be a great season!!

ATRAIN
08-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Reed has shown big play material on the DEF end. I think with him in there with the first stringers he will prove to everyone that he needs to be on the field at all times. I say lets put Mario on the end opposite Antonio and put Reed in there. Imagine Smith, Mario, Barwin, Ryans, Watt, Reed, Ryans, and Cushing all on the line at the same time. I know it wouldnt work but wow just wow.

badboy
08-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Bum Phillip's defense was known to swarm to the ball. It was constantly on the attack with everyone trying to put a hat on the ball. I am eagerly waiting to see how Wade's develops with this roster.

ATRAIN
08-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Bum Phillip's defense was known to swarm to the ball. It was constantly on the attack with everyone trying to put a hat on the ball. I am eagerly waiting to see how Wade's develops with this roster.

We have seen a lot of that this year. How many sacks did we have this past sat? How many did we have total last year?

Corrosion
08-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Why do I keep seeing comments like this on this board? Mario is too talented to become obsolete. What Reed's play could allow us to do is shift Mario back to DE & slide Watt to the NT position. In my opinion, Watt would be an upgrade over Cody & Mitchell at this point.

Watt is too tall for the NT spot .... difficult for him to gain leverage at the point of attack. I like him where he is ....

I also think MW will find his way at OLB. He's already erased my concerns of him being a liability in coverage and has held the edge well in the run game.
Teams still have to double him or at a minimum chip him .... It might take him a while but he'll figure it out.

Honoring Earl 34
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Watt is too tall for the NT spot .... difficult for him to gain leverage at the point of attack. I like him where he is ....

I also think MW will find his way at OLB. He's already erased my concerns of him being a liability in coverage and has held the edge well in the run game.
Teams still have to double him or at a minimum chip him .... It might take him a while but he'll figure it out.

Mario is the defenses version of Casey .

badboy
08-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Mario is the defenses version of Casey .SHows in different places and doesn't do much? (couldn't pass that up).

c10x
08-22-2011, 12:17 PM

Dude. He's the 1st round draft pick. Get his name right.

And a signature indicating you are a fan of WWE wrestling.

You're just making this fan base look like geniuses.

Rey
08-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Dude. He's the 1st round draft pick. Get his name right.

And a signature indicating you are a fan of WWE wrestling.

You're just making this fan base look like geniuses.

All you have to do is go to your user cp and press ignore. How hard is that?

Rey
08-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I've heard thy watt is too tall for nt but I disagree. Really there is no such thing as being too tall for that position it's just that the taller you are the more you have to work on keeping your pads low. Mario doesn't play with good leverage.

Watt on the other hand does. Even though he is a tall guy he stays low when coming out of his stance.

You can be 6'0" but if you fire off the ball an stand straight up you will lose. Conversely, you can be 6'6" and stay low and give anyone problems.

CloakNNNdagger
08-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Being a stand-up guy suits him just fine (http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/Texans-rookie-Reed-a-real-stand-up-guy-2136592.php)
After playing from a crouch in college, rookie Brooks Reed is catching on at linebacker

He is compensated well in his day job as the Texans' left tackle, but Duane Brown might be able to earn a little extra coin on the side as a scout.

Brown, a self-proclaimed fan of "football, period," watched a lot of televised college games last year, including the University of Arizona on a couple of occasions. And when Brown first saw Brooks Reed, he was immediately reminded of Kyle Vanden Bosch, the relentless former Tennessee Titans and current Detroit Lions defensive end.

"Playing against a guy with a high motor, it's frustrating, man," Brown said. "They never stop. You can't take a play off. With some guys, you can tell when they're tired, and you can tell when you can relax a little bit.

"Guys like Vanden Bosch, guys like that that I face, you know you're going to have a full day of work."

But he isn't suggesting Reed, at 6-3 and 263 pounds, is another Vanden Bosch, a three-time Pro Bowler. In fact, Brown struggles to identify a working likeness.

"Right now? I don't know," Brown said. "It's hard to say. I don't want to compare him to anybody."

No comparisons are necessary at the moment because Reed is still second string, pushing third-year linebacker Connor Barwin for a starting job. The plan all along was for either Reed, the Texans' second-round selection, or Barwin, who was sidelined all of 2010 with a dislocated right ankle, to emerge on the strong side, and through most of training camp, the veteran seemed in control.

But then the rookie recorded a pair of sacks over the weekend against New Orleans.

"He got a two-piece on Saturday - you don't think I saw that? I'm the first person to see that," Barwin said. "I have to stop waiting for the regular season. I have to get me a couple here in the preseason."

Life out of the spotlight

Cited by coach Gary Kubiak as the one Texan who has shown the most improvement on a daily basis thus far, Reed was a defensive end in college. The adjustment has been as jarring - if not less publicized - as it has been for star Mario Williams, but Reed had and maintains a distinct advantage.

"I don't go with the 'ones' that often, and that's a different speed than the 'twos' and the 'threes,' " he said of not playing with the first-team unit. "It's a process."

Yet the results are already encouraging, so much so that Kubiak can hardly conceal his excitement about the rookie. Reed's approach - he said he was able to essentially forget all of the defensive end schooling he received at Arizona and soak up everything linebackers coach Reggie Herring has thrown his way - has set him apart.

"The one thing he has going for him is once he gets out there on game day, he plays fast," Barwin said. "When you play fast, usually you're going to make plays - even if you make a mistake."

Added Brown: "He can get you on your heels and bull-rush you, or he can get the edge. Plus, he also has a nice little spin move I saw him use in college. I think he's starting to open up the repertoire a little more because he's going against more experienced guys. You're going to have to have more than a couple of moves."

Reed's eyes lit up Monday when he talked about analyzing film of DeMarcus Ware, whom Herring and defensive coordinator Wade Phillips guided in Dallas. Asked what's been the hardest aspect of the transition, Reed rattled off a list that included reading patterns, how to stand, being physical at the point of attack, and getting rid of blockers.

If he fails, it won't be for lack of effort.

"I think it's an attitude - going hard every play - and that's what has kept me going through high school, college and now the NFL," Reed said. "I might not have the best technique or the best pass-rushing moves, but I try to rush the passer as hard as I can until the last snap.

"In the end, if you're giving everything you have, eventually you'll get the quarterback."

Staying fresh a plus

And for a team desperate for a pass rush, such talk is welcome by all - even Barwin. He acknowledges Reed as a threat but also explains that the rookie's development provides more competition, motivation and depth.

"If you can have three or four linebackers rotating that can play full speed all game long, that can be pretty scary for an offense," Barwin said. "I want to start. I want to stay No. 1 all year. But more than anything, though, I want to win games.

"I'll tell you - I can make a lot more plays when I'm fresh."

As opposed to Reed, the remarks about the difficulty of going against an unrelenting high motor LB made by Brown, are what have me concerned about Mario.

b0ng
08-23-2011, 08:10 AM
We have seen a lot of that this year. How many sacks did we have this past sat? How many did we have total last year?

We have 11 sacks so far this preseason with 2 or 3 FF. Last year for the whole preseason we had 8 sacks and 1 FF.

I do agree it's going to be very difficult to keep Reed out of a starters spot if he keeps doing well, Mario Williams or not.

steelbtexan
08-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Reeds play along with the Texans trouble stopping the run is the main reason MW should be moved back to DE.

It wont happen because of the way Gary and Wade cater to MW's wishes. But if they're serious about putting the most playmakers on the field as possible then MW should be playing DE with Reed behind him at the Will.

leebigeztx
08-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Reeds play along with the Texans trouble stopping the run is the main reason MW should be moved back to DE.

It wont happen because of the way Gary and Wade cater to MW's wishes. But if they're serious about putting the most playmakers on the field as possible then MW should be playing DE with Reed behind him at the Will.

I agree. As I stated before, I would've had mario there from jumpstreet. The odd man out would've been smith or he would've been the player trying to stand, not mario. No matter what people say, mario was going to get paid as a de. If the texans would franchised him, he would be atleast 18m per. If they would've let him ride it out, he would get a contracts a 12m per.

thunderkyss
09-02-2011, 10:10 AM
So...... what did you guys think of Brooks Reed last night?

Honoring Earl 34
09-02-2011, 10:16 AM

It sure helps when you have Mario , Barwin , Watt , Antonio Smith around him . I thought Braman was more active as a pass rusher than Nading or Reed .

silvrhand
09-02-2011, 10:22 AM
I agree. As I stated before, I would've had mario there from jumpstreet. The odd man out would've been smith or he would've been the player trying to stand, not mario. No matter what people say, mario was going to get paid as a de. If the texans would franchised him, he would be atleast 18m per. If they would've let him ride it out, he would get a contracts a 12m per.

While I've been saying Mario at OLB will be a disaster we have to give him a bit more time it's a drastic change playing OLB from DE. It'll be mid year before we find out of things are going to work out.

In reality we could likely find out mid-year we want to trade Mario as things are working great with Brooks Reed at OLB. We could trade him for a few draft picks, a great secondary receiver for Andre, or maybe a big time NT that we need. We have a lot of options on DEF right now if things continue to improve.

IDEXAN
09-02-2011, 10:55 AM

I learned last night that he's not as fast as your average Seminole QB ?

sakebomb
09-02-2011, 12:16 PM
I learned last night that he's not as fast as your average Seminole QB ?

That average Seminole QB was the fastest SOB on the field. LOL

b0ng
09-02-2011, 12:19 PM
That average Seminole QB was the fastest SOB on the field. LOL

looked like he was covered in petroleum jelly last night. He keeps diving head first like that on runs, he's going to have a very short career.

Rey
09-02-2011, 12:47 PM

I thought he played a good game. I haven't looked at the box score but I saw him in on quite a few tackles. He got decent pressure a couple times. Nothing spectacular, just solid IMO.

I was surprised he played so long.

Playoffs
09-06-2011, 02:29 PM
From PFW Whispers:

• Texans rookie LOLB Brooks Reed has been impressive during camp, but we hear he won't be taking the starting job from Connor Barwin any time soon. "Barwin is too smart and does everything too well," said a daily team observer. Don't be surprised when coordinator Wade Phillips finds ways to get both 'backers on the field at the same time, though, as ROLB Mario Williams will sometimes put his hand down and rush from the DE position on passing downs.

TdotTexas2Step
09-06-2011, 02:32 PM
From PFW Whispers:

Texans rookie LOLB Brooks Reed has been impressive during camp, but we hear he won't be taking the starting job from Connor Barwin any time soon. "Barwin is too smart and does everything too well," said a daily team observer. Don't be surprised when coordinator Wade Phillips finds ways to get both 'backers on the field at the same time, though, as ROLB Mario Williams will sometimes put his hand down and rush from the DE position on passing downs.

Regardless, he should be able to step in where asked. Our depth at LB is as solid as its ever been!

Carr Bombed
09-06-2011, 02:40 PM
They just need to trade Mario Williams and add talent to another position group that needs it. There's no doubt in my mind that Brooks Reed can cause more havoc standing up than Mario Williams can, he's just more explosive at the snap.

TimeKiller
09-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Big, deep breath....

Say it with me....

........PRE SEASON.......

El Tejano
09-07-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm curious if anyone has gone back over the preseason film to see how many of those rushes by Mario were with him going to the inside of the DE, rather than around him. If Watt is getting that much win during a one on one situation Mario's going to be able to bring his blitz rush to the inside alot and that is going to be nice to see.

thunderkyss
09-07-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm curious if anyone has gone back over the preseason film to see how many of those rushes by Mario were with him going to the inside of the DE, rather than around him. If Watt is getting that much win during a one on one situation Mario's going to be able to bring his blitz rush to the inside alot and that is going to be nice to see.

Except Mario plays the weak side. JJ Watt plays the strong side.

dream_team
09-07-2011, 12:17 PM
They just need to trade Mario Williams and add talent to another position group that needs it. There's no doubt in my mind that Brooks Reed can cause more havoc standing up than Mario Williams can, he's just more explosive at the snap.

Everyone loves rookies, they have yet done anything to make us hate them. Reed may someday develop into a star. But for this season, I'd take Mario for sure over Reed. If Mario was playing the backups in preseason, we'd be talking about if he'll break 20 sacks this season.

El Tejano
09-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Mario has been shown lining up on the same side. They do move him around quite a bit.

Rey
09-07-2011, 02:28 PM

I get what you are saying, but when the TE motions and the strength changes the OLB's have been switching sides where the DE's haven't...

Allstar
09-07-2011, 03:26 PM

JJ plays LDE. Mario lines up opposite the tight end. Half of the time they will line up on the same side. Why are so many people confused by this?

Carr Bombed
09-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Everyone loves rookies, they have yet done anything to make us hate them. Reed may someday develop into a star. But for this season, I'd take Mario for sure over Reed. If Mario was playing the backups in preseason, we'd be talking about if he'll break 20 sacks this season.

It doesn't have jack crap with Reed being a rookie. He simply is more explosive off the ball and looks natural rushing from that spot. Unlike Mario who lacks the level of explosion that Reed has and he looks like a duck out of water doing it. Again it has NOTHING to do with Brooks Reed being new or a rookie.

Also I hate to break this to you, but during stretches Mario did play against backups in the preseason....still nothing. So I doubt we'd be sitting here talking about a 20+ sack season.

beerlover
09-07-2011, 07:58 PM
I hope coaching plays a key role in the quick development of our rookies. Simple, straight forward assignments & don't deviate from that plan trying to be a hero. Brooks needs to be used primarily in pass rushing situations, lay his hair back & let it flow :firehair:

Carr Bombed
09-07-2011, 08:08 PM
I hope coaching plays a key role in the quick development of our rookies. Simple, straight forward assignments & don't deviate from that plan trying to be a hero. Brooks needs to be used primarily in pass rushing situations, lay his hair back & let it flow :firehair:

I'm just glad we didn't "yankee" another one of our players. One of the best things about this lockout was Reed was able to keep the hair. :)

Rey
09-07-2011, 09:12 PM
It doesn't have jack crap with Reed being a rookie. He simply is more explosive off the ball and looks natural rushing from that spot. Unlike Mario who lacks the level of explosion that Reed has and he looks like a duck out of water doing it. Again it has NOTHING to do with Brooks Reed being new or a rookie.

Also I hate to break this to you, but during stretches Mario did play against backups in the preseason....still nothing. So I doubt we'd be sitting here talking about a 20+ sack season.

People said the same things about mario rushing from the de position. Lots of de's "look" more explosive off the ball than Mario did.

But the guy still gets sacks because he is super talented.

I think mario will be a beast, but he has to prove it. He's still rushing from the edge. The guy who needed to move inside and not be on the edge as much is Antonio. He exceptional inside whereas Mario is an edge guy no matter his lack of perceived explosiveness.

aussie_texan
09-07-2011, 09:19 PM
had a dream last night that on the very first play of the game reed had a force fumble that he recovered and took in for a TD. but i guess that will b unlikely seen as reed probably won't be playing the first snap

dream_team
09-07-2011, 09:41 PM

i'm just saying everyone on these forums loves the rookies... just like everyone loved Amobi the first 6 games as a rookie. everyone loved cushing his rookie season. everyone even loved KJ during the preseason. everyone loves rookies until their weaknesses are exposed. it's just kind of odd how people love a rookie more than a perennial pro bowler?

Vinny
09-07-2011, 09:52 PM
i'm just saying everyone on these forums loves the rookies... just like everyone loved Amobi the first 6 games as a rookie. everyone loved cushing his rookie season. everyone even loved KJ during the preseason. everyone loves rookies until their weaknesses are exposed. it's just kind of odd how people love a rookie more than a perennial pro bowler?

to me, Mario looks awful at OLB to date. Plays without leverage and is a one trick pony on the edge. He just plays too high from a standing position and has been pushed around easily. To me, he is a prototype 5 technique. Duck out of water. I think Reed looks very natural out there so far fwiw.

JimBaker488
09-07-2011, 09:59 PM
to me, Mario looks awful at OLB to date. Plays without leverage and is a one trick pony on the edge. He just plays too high from a standing position and has been pushed around easily. To me, he is a prototype 5 technique. Duck out of water. I think Reed looks very natural out there so far fwiw.
You know that, I know that, the players know that, and the coachs know that, but who's gonna tell Mario because he doesn't know that ?

Doppelganger
09-07-2011, 10:01 PM

I think at the beginning of the season, we will see Mario at OLB with a few DE packages as Reed is eased into the lineup. If Reed can develop and Mario is unable to be a force at the OLB spot, I could see him moving to DE and Reed getting into the starting lineup.

I have confidence that Wade, who has built successful defenses before, will place the players in the right spots to succeed. I did not have this confidence in Richard Smith or Frank Bush.

Rey
09-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Go back and read some of the old Mario threads. It's like the twilight zone.

You hear everything from he shouldn't be a rde because he isn't quick or explosive enough to he should be moved to dt because he's not a fast twitch player.

Mario has looked fine overall at olb, IMO. I think folks expect him to play a certain way and when he doesn't he draws criticism. But he has been a consistent producer. IMO, he has actually looked more active standing up.

TimeKiller
09-08-2011, 07:42 AM
In nickel, I could easily see this happening:

-Jospeh-Mannin-Nolan-J/A----
-------Ryans-Barwin----Quin--
-Mario-Antonio-Watt-Reed----

That's 4 hands in the ground that are GOING to get pressure, Antonio/JJ diving into the OL and giving Mario/Reed the advantage on the edges. Ryans is brains, Barwin adds versatility as 5th rusher and best coverage LB, Quin adds coverage and tackling in the box as the nickel.

I ask ALL of you this question:

At the end of the season, when the Texans have 50+ sacks and Mario leads that charge with 8 sacks.......did it matter that he "only" had 8? I fear some people would ***** at their own mother's milk, so they'll ***** about a number. I'll take Mario with 8 if there is a consistent, hell-raising pass rush (as there is every indication of being currently) over Mario getting 15 and accounting for 40% of the total.

b0ng
09-08-2011, 08:17 AM
At the end of the season, when the Texans have 50+ sacks and Mario leads that charge with 8 sacks.......did it matter that he "only" had 8? I fear some people would ***** at their own mother's milk, so they'll ***** about a number. I'll take Mario with 8 if there is a consistent, hell-raising pass rush (as there is every indication of being currently) over Mario getting 15 and accounting for 40% of the total.

Talk Radio Texans fan will ***** incessantly if he doesn't get 38 sacks this year and revolutionize the OLB position.

ObsiWan
09-08-2011, 08:33 AM
In nickel, I could easily see this happening:

-Jospeh-Mannin-Nolan-J/A----
-------Ryans-Barwin----Quin--
-Mario-Antonio-Watt-Reed----

That's 4 hands in the ground that are GOING to get pressure, Antonio/JJ diving into the OL and giving Mario/Reed the advantage on the edges. Ryans is brains, Barwin adds versatility as 5th rusher and best coverage LB, Quin adds coverage and tackling in the box as the nickel.

I ask ALL of you this question:

Totally agree. It's about the defense's success as a whole. If we lead or are near the top the league in sacks, 3-and-outs, and points against, I'm a happy camper. I'd also like for them to be near the top in turnover ratio too but that's just being greedy.

...okay, I'm greedy. I want that too.
:evil: