PDA

View Full Version : Larry Fitzgerald Gets Paid

Ryan
08-20-2011, 10:40 PM
8 years, 120 million, with over 50 million guaranteed per Schefter.

Still the 2nd best receiver.

gtexan02
08-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Holy Crap. What was AJ's deal?

Edit: 7 years, 75 million. Ouch

Ryan
08-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Holy Crap. What was AJ's deal?

Edit: 7 years, 75 million. Ouch

I thought it was 77, but still that number that Fitz got is absolutely nuts.

Just imagine what this is gonna do to CJ1K's contract when he's wanting to get "playmaker" money. Could be a long holdout.

Trap_Star
08-20-2011, 10:58 PM
somewhere in detroit, calvin johnson is walking around with a smile on his face...and probably an erection after finding out about this deal.

BetaV1
08-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Fitz' new payday is simply an effect of the new CBA. Since the rookies are taking significantly lower contracts, teams can now spend significantly more on proven veterans. I certainly agree with that principle.

Wolf6151
08-21-2011, 03:42 AM
somewhere in detroit, calvin johnson is walking around with a smile on his face...and probably an erection after finding out about this deal.

Good point. I'm not sure when he becomes a FA but he's going to get paid huge money by someone when he does.

Errant Hothy
08-21-2011, 10:15 AM

Just imagine what this is gonna do to CJ1K's contract when he's wanting to get "playmaker" money. Could be a long holdout.

First thing I though of.

Chris, don't listen to the man. You are a better player than Fitz, and deserve to be paid more.

It;s gotta suck to be a Titans fan, now more than ever.

LOL!

HoustonFrog
08-21-2011, 10:18 AM

The problem with CJ is that he hasn't gotten them anywhere yet while Fitz had one of the biggest playoff runs out there to get to the big show. He is one of the best. CJ went backwards last season and overall RBs are showing to have a shorter and shorter shelf life. He will get paid but the Titans might as well sit if he wants over the top money.

Errant Hothy
08-21-2011, 10:24 AM
The problem with CJ is that he hasn't gotten them anywhere yet while Fitz had one of the biggest playoff runs out there to get to the big show. He is one of the best. CJ went backwards last season and overall RBs are showing to have a shorter and shorter shelf life. He will get paid but the Titans might as well sit if he wants over the top money.

You think that thought process has cross CJ's mind? He wants to be paid and he wants to be paid now.

I think Az over-paid for Fitz, and badly.

HoustonFrog
08-21-2011, 10:59 AM
You think that thought process has cross CJ's mind? He wants to be paid and he wants to be paid now.

I think Az over-paid for Fitz, and badly.

I get that Hoth, I'm just looking at it from the Titans standpoint and think he is overshooting what a RB's value might be these days.

sakebomb
08-21-2011, 11:19 AM

Me too but it has nothing to do with the contract. It's just morning wood. :brando:

Dutchrudder
08-21-2011, 11:19 AM
I thought Fitzgerald got a big payday like 2 years ago. Was his last deal expiring this year?

Trap_Star
08-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Me too but it has nothing to do with the contract. It's just morning wood. :brando:

pics or it didn't happen.

houstonspartan
08-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I like Fitz, and respect what he brings to that franchise, but this contract was too much. They are paying a receiver QB money. Mistake.

Sure, Andre got paid. However, we were already shored up at the QB spot. Arizona has waaaay to many other needs to lock 12 percent of their cap into a receiver.

Methinks this will haunt them down the road.

sakebomb
08-21-2011, 08:10 PM
pics or it didn't happen.

LOL. I would but I don't want to embarrass B. Farve or A. Weiner. :)