PDA

View Full Version : The Fumble

thunderkyss
08-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Just wanted to give my 2 cents on the first fumble of our game against the Saints.

I think some of us will think the difference for the Texans was the pressure generated by the 3-4 front 7.

I don't believe that to be the case. Drew Brees had no place to go with the ball, giving Antonio Smith the time he needed to get to him. In the past, Antonio, Amobi, & Bulman were always a tenth of a second away from a sack, but the QB was always able to quickly find a place to go with the ball.

Wasn't the case this time.

Same thing last week. We didn't call any blitzes, but since the back four were doing their job.... LBs too, we were able to get to the QB.

Rey
08-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Just wanted to give my 2 cents on the first fumble of our game against the Saints.

I think some of us will think the difference for the Texans was the pressure generated by the 3-4 front 7.

I don't believe that to be the case. Drew Brees had no place to go with the ball, giving Antonio Smith the time he needed to get to him. In the past, Antonio, Amobi, & Bulman were always a tenth of a second away from a sack, but the QB was always able to quickly find a place to go with the ball.

Wasn't the case this time.

Same thing last week. We didn't call any blitzes, but since the back four were doing their job.... LBs too, we were able to get to the QB.

Agreed 100 percent and Kareem did an excellent job there.