View Full Version : Texans Saints GAMEDAY THREAD

Pages : [1] 2 3

Joe Texan
08-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Lets Get this Party started. here we come Oh Holy ones of the south
Lets this Game Begin.

LEATHERHEAD
08-20-2011, 07:17 AM
HELL YA,,TIME TO PLAY SOME FOOTBALL..What is the blue Crew having to eat today?are we doing a theme?........EELLL

RazorOye
08-20-2011, 07:17 AM
our offensive tackles scare me... :facepalm:

GuerillaBlack
08-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Excited to see Tate for the first time and more of Braman/Jean. Should be a fun game. This 2011 Texans team reminds me of the 2009 Saints team.

Pantherstang84
08-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Somebody needs to get Schaub about 5 Monster drinks to get him started before the game.

Or someone needs to make sure he brings his game at the start instead of leaving it in the locker room and retrieving it at half time.

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Here is what I will be watching/hoping:

1. The Mario transition to OLB. I would love to see a sack, but if he puts pressure that leads to incomplete passes, that will be fine.

2. J Jo will be in the game. I want to see how the DB group looks with a legitimate CB and legit Safety.

3. I want to see if Ben Tate can contribute meaningful snaps. I would love to see Foster's carries slashed in half this season and evenly distributed between Ward and Foster.

4. I want to see the newbies make an impact: ie. Watt, Jean, Reed, etc.

5. I want to see the Texans march down the field on Offense and play stout D.

OzzO
08-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Don't forget Cush's "rubber season" starts today. Will we have the rookie or sophmore version this year?

TimeKiller
08-20-2011, 10:11 AM
GAMEDAY BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

+koolaid.

False Start
08-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Who Dat Gonna beat those:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/aintscopy.gif

Them:

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/7/157/full/570.gif

JB
08-20-2011, 10:38 AM
:vincepalm:

False Start
08-20-2011, 10:53 AM

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/StoneColdWhat-135.gif

Malloy
08-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Somebody need to get Schaub about 5 Monster drinks to get him started before the game.

Or someone needs to make sure he brings his game at the start instead of leaving it in the locker room and retrieving it at half time.

I'm thinking a 'practice quarter' before the real game, that should get em' started! :)

TexansBlood
08-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Just a few more hrs!

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Colston, who was held back last week has been released to go tonight. He's coming off of microfracture knee surgery so I don't know what to expect from him.

disaacks3
08-20-2011, 11:41 AM
I want to see the first-team offense come out and look like they aren't the ones learning a new system. Perhaps we need to start Schaub in a no-huddle offense?

As for defense... Will Watt look as comfortable as he did against the Jets? Will our D-Line manage to avoid the GAPING holes (when the 1s were on the field) in the middle of the line? Will a REAL NT please stand up?

I'm tired of talking about this team's 'potential'. It's time to start enforcing our will on the other team.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2011, 11:43 AM
I hope DE Will Smith plays significant reps to test out how good Schaub's protection is. I don't know how much he plays since he will probably be banned from the first 4 games of the season (StarCaps).

ChampionTexan
08-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Here is what I will be watching/hoping:

1. The Mario transition to OLB. I would love to see a sack, but if he puts pressure that leads to incomplete passes, that will be fine.

2. J Jo will be in the game. I want to see how the DB group looks with a legitimate CB and legit Safety.

3. I want to see if Ben Tate can contribute meaningful snaps. I would love to see Foster's carries slashed in half this season and evenly distributed between Ward and Foster.

4. I want to see the newbies make an impact: ie. Watt, Jean, Reed, etc.

5. I want to see the Texans march down the field on Offense and play stout D.

As of yesterday, Kubiak put Joseph's chances of playing tonight at 50-50. Hopefully he's healthy enough to play, but if he needs an extra week, let's hope they let him have it.

GP
08-20-2011, 01:23 PM
You dipsticks better be fixing some good GAME FOOD tonight.

You owe it to yourselves. You went through lockout hell. We all did. So get creative and fix something GOOD for goodness sake.

I better not hear of anybody eating a Totino's pizza or a frickin' El Patio tv dinner or some crappy turkey and mayo sandwich.

I'm doing RIBS tonight. Homemade ribs and some beans. And beer. Photo to be posted, as usual. I just need a name for the ribs. Last week, I had "High WATTage Jalapeno Shrimp poppers."

I need a clever name for my ribs.

XI CMURDER IX
08-20-2011, 01:27 PM

You owe it to yourselves. You went through lockout hell. We all did. So get creative and fix something GOOD for goodness sake.

I better not hear of anybody eating a Totino's pizza or a frickin' El Patio tv dinner or some crappy turkey and mayo sandwich.

I'm doing RIBS tonight. Homemade ribs and some beans. And beer. Photo to be posted, as usual. I just need a name for the ribs. Last week, I had "High WATTage Jalapeno Shrimp poppers."

We have a big fish fry going on here! You name it we have it! Crab, lobster, catfish, salmon, trout, and pretty much anything else you can think of! I am pretty sure they are having a big cookout down the street, too. :texanbill:

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2011, 01:34 PM

Blackened Buttered Brees Broken Ribs:whip:

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Who Dat Gonna beat those:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/aintscopy.gif

Them:

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/7/157/full/570.gif

WE ARE!!!

http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/h/houston_texans_logo-9151.jpg

http://ultimatecheerleaders.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/2009-texans-action_duyen1sm.jpg

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 01:49 PM

Still on a diet: Light Caesar Salad, Grilled Chicken, 2 bottles of water, and clementine oranges.

False Start
08-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Got Aints fans on the radio saying they are gonna own Reliant tonight and drown out Texans fans....:ok:

I wish they would all take their asses back to NOLA, and STFU.

MEGA SWATT
08-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Still on a diet: Light Caesar Salad, Grilled Chicken, 2 bottles of water, and clementine oranges.

Yeah, football is no excuse to start getting fat!:kitten::kingkong::chef::gun::hides:

MEGA SWATT
08-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Got Aints fans on the radio saying they are gonna own Reliant tonight and drown out Texans fans....:ok:

Amen brotha, amen.:goodpost::bravo::perfect10::ohsnap::jam:

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 03:15 PM
Yeah, football is no excuse to start getting fat!:kitten::kingkong::chef::gun::hides:

I need to get back into shape. Had a visit to the doctor last week and the ol Triglycerides, HDL, and cholesterol were high. He wanted me to consider some medications. I convinced him to give me a shot to change my diet and exercise habits first. I have another appointment with him in 2 months. If I can show improvement, then I get more time to impliment my plan. If not, I will need to start taking the medication.

TheMatrix31
08-20-2011, 03:48 PM

Let them drown out Reliant. Over a PRESEASON game.

Cool story losers.

Saints fans are really, really irritating.

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2011, 03:50 PM

It's more likely that they move the whole family and the dog here to Houston.

Pantherstang84
08-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Let them drown out Reliant. Over a PRESEASON game.

Cool story losers.

Saints fans are really, really irritating.

Right up there with Colts and Cowboy fans. I have both in my family

False Start
08-20-2011, 04:04 PM
It's more likely that they move the whole family and the dog here to Houston.

I guess that's why The Dome is so infested with rats and cats now, lol.

Thing that gets me, The Saints were a bigger joke than the Texans before they (Saints) won the SB.

Thorn
08-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Saturday night. Football. Pizza delivered.

Me no type long sentences.

headsplint
08-20-2011, 04:16 PM
It's weird...been a while since i've been this hype about a pre-season game. Can't freaking wait!

BetaV1
08-20-2011, 04:30 PM

Thorn, did you have a pattern going last year that every game you ordered out, we lost? :bunpan:

whiskeyrbl
08-20-2011, 04:31 PM
It's weird...been a while since i've been this hype about a pre-season game. Can't freaking wait!

Whats up stranger? I know what you mean this pre season seems a lil more exciting than the past few.

whiskeyrbl
08-20-2011, 04:31 PM

Ribs and stuffing in the oven ( Yummm)

Thorn
08-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Thorn, did you have a pattern going last year that every game you ordered out, we lost? :bunpan:

It's preseason. The theory needs testing, just like the players. :)

TexanSam
08-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Is it sad that I just found the game is today and not on Sunday? What kinda fan am I?!

BetaV1
08-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Obviously want to win in week 3 more than here, but it would be nice to have both. Otherwise, I gotta deal with the Saints fans everywhere I go. :toropalm:

These guys down here look at me like I'm stupid when I remind them that the last time we played in the regular season, Texans won and effective crushed their playoff hopes that year. Granted, it was in 2007, but they act like that game never happened.

Playoffs
08-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Saints will be bringing it -- I'll be watching how the protection holds up.

See if Mario looks like he's getting it, yet.

Especially interested in the new DBs.

And anybody named La-Star Jean has got to be who dat dare is beatin' dem Saints! :texans:

Pantherstang84
08-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Saints will be bringing it -- I'll be watching how the protection holds up.

See if Mario looks like he's getting it, yet.

Especially interested in the new DBs.

And anybody named La-Star Jean has got to be who dat dare is beatin' dem Saints! :texans:

I'm not sure Gregg Williams will be opening his play book up that much. After all the Texans play them again in about 6 weeks.

Last week I think Williams was pissed he didn't get the SF job and took it out on them. I hope I am wrong about that. If true, it would seem that Williams was being childish.

BetaV1
08-20-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure Gregg Williams will be opening his play book up that much. After all the Texans play them again in about 6 weeks.

Last week I think Williams was pissed he didn't get the SF job and took it out on them. I hope I am wrong about that. If true, it would seem that Williams was being childish.

That's the first I'm hearing of this. It seems the local reporters here speculated all off-season about Gregg William's head coaching potential. Denver reportedly contacted the Saints about Gregg as their next head coach and he turned it down supposedly turned it down because he wanted to go to a place that had a stable quarterback situation. If Denver wasn't good enough for him in that department, I can't imagine why he would have wanted to go to San Francisco.

Plus, there's still all kinds of rumors about Sean Payton heading back to Dallas to take an office job, possibly GM, when his tenure with the Saints is up in two years. Heck, if the Saints win a Superbowl this year, Payton may just retire so he and his family can go back to Dallas where they were most happy. This would essentially hand Gregg Williams the Saints head coaching job that many head coaches would beg to have, which is another belief of why Gregg turned the Broncos job down.

Pantherstang84
08-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Like I said I could be wrong. If he wants to blitz that much in preseason, that is fine by me. The more of his blitzes on film against the Texans offense the better. Just helps Kubes and Co. game plan for them in 6 weeks.

GP
08-20-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm liking the reports on the dinner menu out there.

Thorn, you're going to get cut from the team if you keep doggin' it by ordering pizza. Unlike Kubiak, I show no loyalty towards any of you. :watchingyou:

TexansBull
08-20-2011, 05:51 PM
I know its preseason, but should I be wearing white or blue today? I got last minute tickets.

Thanks in advance.

Maddict5
08-20-2011, 05:52 PM
Texans inactives for tonight's game: Holliday, P.Williams, Slaton, Joseph, Ward, Baker, Weeks, Alexander, Ozougwu, Ryans, Caldwell...

good

Carr Bombed
08-20-2011, 05:53 PM

My dad just called (He's on his way to minute maid to watch that Lastros) and he said he's seeing a ****load of cars with Saints' flags. :gun: Maybe when they all travel back to their home state for the regular season game, we can close the border. :)

Maddict5
08-20-2011, 05:53 PM
HoustonTexans Houston Texans
Studdard, Marcorelle, Bulman, D.Lewis also inactive. Adibi will start for Ryans, Allen for Joseph

Carr Bombed
08-20-2011, 05:58 PM
HoustonTexans Houston Texans
Studdard, Marcorelle, Bulman, D.Lewis also inactive. Adibi will start for Ryans, Allen for Joseph

I'm not liking how our prized FA has never been able to stay healthy throughout his career and now he's already nursing a injury and missing time. I hope we don't have to deal with this all season.

The Pencil Neck
08-20-2011, 06:00 PM
I'm not liking how our prized FA has never been able to stay healthy throughout his career and now he's already nursing a injury and missing time. I hope we don't have to deal with this all season.

I like how we're not pushing him into action and letting him heal.

Maddict5
08-20-2011, 06:11 PM

its a groin strain.. he prob could & would play with it if it was reg season. i like that we're letting him rest it though. its only PS & he has very little to prove. the longer he rests it, the less chance of re-occurence

ThaShark316
08-20-2011, 06:14 PM

Pre-Season......................

TdotTexas2Step
08-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Uggh, I was looking forward to seeing Joseph play, but it's in our best interest to have him healthy when it counts.

LikeMike
08-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Any good sources for a stream tonight for us international fans? My favorite site (myp2p) seems to be out...

redwhiteANDblue
08-20-2011, 06:22 PM
I really wanted to see cushing and ryans work together again oh well

Ryan
08-20-2011, 06:28 PM
If it was regular season i'm sure Joseph would be playing, but why risk in a meaningless preseason game?

As far as our RB situation, give Foster a few carries in the 1st quarter, then hand the reigns over to Tate, who needs all the reps he can possibly get.

TEXANS84
08-20-2011, 06:30 PM
I really wanted to see cushing and ryans work together again oh well

Try justintv.com I think

Carr Bombed
08-20-2011, 06:31 PM
:rolleyes: Kubiak is always so relaxed in the preseason and then once the regular season starts he puckers up tighter than a snare drum.

I hope that finally changes this year.

Maddict5
08-20-2011, 06:33 PM
:rolleyes: Kubiak is always so relaxed in the preseason and then once the regular season starts he puckers up tighter than a snare drum.

I hope that finally changes this year.

wouldnt you if you had that D? :splits:

XI CMURDER IX
08-20-2011, 06:33 PM
For all of the internet viewers out there:

http://88.80.11.29/

Click on that and go down the list. Should have the Saints and Texans live when the game starts later. All you can do now is just stare at the black screen.

Carr Bombed
08-20-2011, 06:34 PM
I like how we're not pushing him into action and letting him heal.

As do I. I completely understand why he isn't playing. I'm talking about how we're already dealing with a "groin issue". Joseph wasn't exactly known as a durable player. It's just something that worries me over the long haul, that's all.

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 06:34 PM
go texans :splits:

JCTexan
08-20-2011, 06:35 PM
For all of the internet viewers out there:

http://88.80.11.29/

Click on that and go down the list. Should have the Saints and Texans live when the game starts later. All you can do now is just stare at the black screen.

Dunno if I will be able to watch it TV or not. Thanks for providing that link.

XI CMURDER IX
08-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Dunno if I will be able to watch it TV or not. Thanks for providing that link.

No prob, I have to use it a lot during the regular season. Due to where I live in Cowgirl country. :vincepalm:

MEGA SWATT
08-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Is it sad that I just found the game is today and not on Sunday? What kinda fan am I?!

The kind of fan that does not have to wait another day for football:turtle:

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Due to where I live in Cowgirl country. :vincepalm:

ouch. :kitten:

jaayteetx
08-20-2011, 06:46 PM
No prob, I have to use it a lot during the regular season. Due to where I live in Cowgirl country. :vincepalm:

dude, i live in albuquerque,nm for gods sake and its that way here too.

XI CMURDER IX
08-20-2011, 06:51 PM
ouch. :kitten:

I know... the real cowgirls are okay though! :whip:

I'm pretty sure it is that way across the bordering states of Texas. Except for Louisiana. That really sucks though, I am thinking about moving to Houston after I graduate.

beerlover
08-20-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm just happy that Football is back :)

BetaV1
08-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Even though it's pre-season, I'm a bit uneasy about our starters in the regular season, such as Cushing and Joseph, missing so many valuable reps. Hope those guys will be ready...

XI CMURDER IX
08-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Even though it's pre-season, I'm a bit uneasy about our starters in the regular season, such as Cushing and Joseph, missing so many valuable reps. Hope those guys will be ready...

I think Cushing is playing tonight, unless I overlooked him on the inactive list.

Austrian
08-20-2011, 06:56 PM
I hope the starting O gets more into groove today. Watching Schaub miss a wide open OD was quite odd.

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 06:58 PM
saints will probably shred our D with their screens :wadepalm:

axman40
08-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Yeah it is on TV here in Austin!
:splits:

Brandon420tx
08-20-2011, 07:02 PM
What the heck is going on with NFL Network, they're showing a top 10 right now

Austrian
Ugh only got a Saints local homer stream. Well, at least it's a stream.

Thorn

I went to Highland HS back in the 60s. I believe it was the 66-67 year, I was in the 10th grade. I don't know what Albuquerque looks like these days, but the one year I lived there, it was a lot of open space that was about half desert. That was a long time ago..........damn, I'm old. LOL

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm just happy that Football is back :)

Beerlover, what kind of beer is on the menu tonight?

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 07:05 PM
saints will probably shred our D with their screens :wadepalm:

Who would they run a screen to? Reggie is in Miami now?

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 07:06 PM
coin toss time!

SAMURAITEXAN
Let's go Texans!!!

Big Smooth
:texflag:

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Who would they run a screen to? Reggie is in Miami now?

darren sproles?

axman40
08-20-2011, 07:07 PM
D up first.

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:08 PM
damn i didn't know drew brees threw 22 int's last year

Doppelganger
New rule change idea: If you can kick the ball through the up rights on a kickoff you get 3 points and the opponents start on the 20, whose with me?

Austrian
Wow Hartman has a great leg.

Brandon420tx
Guess NFLN isn't going to show the game in albuquerque

CharloTex
08-20-2011, 07:09 PM
The field looks like crap.

Austrian
Gashing hole.

Mr. Texan
New rule change idea: If you can kick the ball through the up rights on a kickoff you get 3 points and the opponents start on the 20, whose with me?

LOL

http://8.mshcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/facebook-like-button-300x201.jpg

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Adibi?! :vincepalm:

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:10 PM
oh gawd....the defense

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Gashing hole.

=Cody Starting? Why?!!!

Crushing56
08-20-2011, 07:11 PM
We can't stop the run at all.

redwhiteANDblue
08-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Deja vu

TdotTexas2Step
08-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if our previous problem with pass defense is fixed, but then we'll have to worry about run defense this year.

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:13 PM
:wadepalm::wadepalm::wadepalm::wadepalm::wadepalm:

Big Smooth
08-20-2011, 07:13 PM
:toropalm:

redwhiteANDblue
08-20-2011, 07:14 PM

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:15 PM
YESSIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :turtle:

axman40
08-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Texans Ball!

Big Smooth
:splits:Oh yeah!!!!

Allstar
Hells yeah

Austrian
Wow. Nice play D.

Carr Bombed
08-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Yes!!!

CharloTex
:splits:Oh yeah!!!!

This.

redwhiteANDblue
A redzone turnover!? I thought id never see the day

Doppelganger
WOW! Who stripped the ball and who recovered?

Hopefully that play will fire up the D!

Thorn
I hate channel 13. This is not an HD broadcast. Jezzzzz. And in this day and age.

Allstar
Funny how a turnover just makes all the ugly things beforehand forgettable.

Pantherstang84
08-20-2011, 07:18 PM
Where are the :wadepalm:s?

Mr. Texan
arian FAWSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

axman40
Add 15

Playoffs
08-20-2011, 07:19 PM
Gotta little work to do on that run stopping.

Pantherstang84
08-20-2011, 07:19 PM
A penalty called evenly? Wow!

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2011, 07:20 PM
NFL Acces has blocked the game on ATT U-verse. Has anyone noticed poor quality transmission from the Channel 13 feed......mine is terrible!

Mr. Texan
Schaub to aj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexanSam
Andre Johnson!

:texans:

Allstar
08-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Casey being on the field more often might not be such a bad thing.

Pantherstang84
Da BEAST!:hurrah:

Big Smooth
nice run by foster

Pantherstang84
NFL Acces has blocked the game on ATT U-verse. Has anyone noticed poor quality transmission from the Channel 13 feed......mine is terrible!

Yeah. It is bad.

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:22 PM
the O is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

axman40
08-20-2011, 07:22 PM
TD Foster nice start by the O !

Playoffs
08-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Sweet!

Austrian
Great start.

redwhiteANDblue
For whoever said foster is a one year wonder, suck on that!

CharloTex
Offense is SMOKIN' HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

fiasco west
Wouldn't be surprised if our previous problem with pass defense is fixed, but then we'll have to worry about run defense this year.

It does always seem like whenever the Texans patch up a problem, another one shows up.

texansdrummer
Defensive-forced turnover?
72 yard drive?

I'll take it....even for pre-season.

Pantherstang84
the O is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok who slipped the speed in Schaub's Gatorade?

TexanSam
08-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Is every TD reviewed by the head ref or someone in a booth?

TdotTexas2Step
I know it won't happen, but I wouldn't mind if Foster's night ended here. With Slaton behind, Ward injured, I'd like to see Tate and Obi get as much reps as possible tonight.

Mr. Texan
Ok who slipped the speed in Schaub's Gatorade.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=36747&dateline=1285526065

Thorn
Our offense is ready for the season. :texflag:

SAMURAITEXAN
08-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Hope our D picks up like our O.

Go Texans!!!

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:26 PM
just one of the many rushing td's arian will have this season.

http://i52.tinypic.com/x1c1dv.gif

Rey
08-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Casey looked good on that drive. Blocking and catching.

Arian is a dog.

Still worried about the interior line play of the defense.

Pantherstang84
08-20-2011, 07:28 PM
That offensive drive was a thing of beauty. I'm going to miss this offense next year if the Texans do not make the playoffs.

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 07:28 PM
Good solid drive. Good misx of run and pass.

Now let's get a good Defensive stand!

TexanSam
08-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Special teams

:toropalm:

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:29 PM
fkn saints screens

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:30 PM
cushing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badboy
08-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Did anyone see Mario drop back in coverage when Cush rushed the QB?

imatexan
08-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Link?

Rey
08-20-2011, 07:32 PM
That offensive drive was a thing of beauty. I'm going to miss this offense next year if the Texans do not make the playoffs.

We will make the playoffs.

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:33 PM
damn, mario almost had that

PockyAF
Link?

http://www.soccertvlive.net/watch/79619/1/watch-houston-texans-vs-new-orleans-saints.html

Austrian
Link?

http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/8/134/v-293410.html

Mr. Texan
Link?

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/79619/1/watch-houston-texans-vs-new-orleans-saints.html

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 07:34 PM
Watch for a fake punt here.

Rey
08-20-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm liking what I'm seeing from a lot of guys.

Smart play by Antonio tackling the rb before he went out for the screen.

thunderkyss
08-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Would you consider Suan Rogers a decent size NT?

BetaV1
08-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Smart play!!!!!

Brandon420tx
08-20-2011, 07:37 PM
What!!!? He thought the RB had the ball!!! ... not buying it? .... ok whatev, its not like he was going to go anywhere anyway, maybe the saints should have added more offensive plays than middle screens

Doppelganger
Cheers to NFL football!

Jeers to the inordinate amount of commercial breaks.

imatexan
Thanks for the links, repped!

Commodore
Foster looks good, I don't see any reason to play him more tbh.

Pantherstang84
Smart play!!!!!

I'm not sure what Breesus was crying about there. Ingram was in Smith's way to the QB just standing there.

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 07:38 PM
What!!!? He thought the RB had the ball!!! ... not buying it? .... ok whatev, its not like he was going to go anywhere anyway, maybe the saints should have added more offensive plays than middle screens

I just hope we aren't showing the Saints too much of our playbooks. Remember how great it was when the Texans beat the Cowboys in Preseason but then were stomped on for the Cowboys first win of the year?

Rey
08-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Would you consider Suan Rogers a decent size NT?

Absolutely.

I would give anybody that can play that position a look right now. Sew that up and our defense will be very hard to contain.

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:39 PM
best wr in the nfl

Pantherstang84
Home run ball!

TexanSam
Yep, I think our offense is ready.

BetaV1
There goes Schaub's noodle arm... :kitten:

b0ng
Great start, but the run D and Quin and Jackson are showing to be weak on defense.

SAMURAITEXAN
Dre!!!

Go Texans!!!

badboy
Schaub throws 48 to AJ. Shut up about his arm.

Commodore
08-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Arian Foster trending on Twitter.

Big Smooth
best wr in the nfl
indeed

Pantherstang84
There goes Schaub's noodle arm... :kitten:

Yeah. I wish he would work on that.:kitten:

TexanSam
Foster!!!

Mr. Texan
LMAO one hit wonder MY ASS!!!

ARIAN FOSTER!!!!!!!!!!

Thorn
Damn, our offense looks good.

Austrian
08-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I think i just jizzed in my pants.

SAMURAITEXAN
Foster! Whatta run!

Go Texans!!

Ghostform
holy cow that was a nice run by Foster... hes gonna shut all the "one year wonder" ppl up.

axman40
Td foster!

redwhiteANDblue
Wow....this guy is something else

CloakNNNdagger
I just hope we aren't showing the Saints too much of our playbooks. Remember how great it was when the Texans beat the Cowboys in Preseason but then were stomped on for the Cowboys first win of the year?

We have only shown basic formations, even on the long plays and TDs..........plain vanilla.

badboy
Ok, bring Foster out and Tater salad in.

Pantherstang84
Time to shut him down. I don't need to see anymore.

False Start
Boy, that Matt Schaub, sure is a bad QB, lol haters.

Doppelganger
Saints aren't blitzing. Saints look to playing a vanilla D. I hope we don't give them too much, becuase their play-calling has been very conservative.

Playoffs
08-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Ice that hammy and let's look at other RBs ... Foster is ready!

Doppelganger
08-20-2011, 07:42 PM
We have only shown basic formations, even on the long plays and TDs..........plain vanilla.

didn't we use a 2-5 on Defense? That's not exactly vanilla.

Brandon420tx
08-20-2011, 07:43 PM
didn't we use a 2-5 on Defense? That's not exactly vanilla.

That was our nickle package, I think, if I'm thinking of the same play you are

axman40
08-20-2011, 07:43 PM
The O seems ready for the season!

False Start
08-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Foster "The Juke Box"

OzzO
08-20-2011, 07:45 PM
getting plenty of game film of the Saints offense running up the middle

80tothezone
08-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Mario looking good

Cjeremy635
08-20-2011, 07:47 PM
getting plenty of game film of the Saints offense running up the middle

Yeah, we're gonna have to work on our run D. Hopefully it's just due to the preseason scheme we are using. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with what I'm seeing.

False Start
People on Twitter still saying Schaub has a weak arm... :slap:

BetaV1
My reaction when Foster made that cut:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2465/ricflair5ub6.gif

80tothezone
08-20-2011, 07:48 PM
wow NO u just got punked!!

redwhiteANDblue
Jj SWATT

OzzO
good pressure by Barwin and then Watt follows it up the next down. Hands up D!!!

Austrian
I really think we can make the playoffs this year.

MEGA SWATT
08-20-2011, 07:49 PM
My reaction when Foster made that cut:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2465/ricflair5ub6.gif

:whip::whip:

SAMURAITEXAN
Man, Watt has been impressive.

OzzO
Yeah, we're gonna have to work on our run D. Hopefully it's just due to the preseason scheme we are using. Other than that, I'm extremely happy with what I'm seeing.

Yeah, may not be a bad thing to get this worked out in the preseason.

texansdrummer
Watt is the real deal

DocBar
08-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Little sticker>>>> pecking out.....

Mr. Texan
oh dey mad

MEGA SWATT

badboy
08-20-2011, 07:51 PM
KJ was holding imo on #19 and baited him into a flag. That is move of a vet. Good job Jackson!

TexanSam
Allen pulled a KJ

Mr. Texan
Wtf?????????????

OzzO
ooh - that hurt, Allen must've lost Meachem

MEGA SWATT
fight:whip:

Allstar
08-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Quick! Everyone to the Jason Allen Bad Plays thread!

DocBar
08-20-2011, 07:53 PM
what happened??? I'm watching espn gameday

OzzO
3rd and goal.... DDDDDD-nied

badboy
Did anyone see what happened when Allen gave up the long pass? He appeared out of position.

Mr. Texan
cmon D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OzzO
08-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Bwahahahahaha Who dat gonna call a timeout just before they score a TD?

OzzO
08-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Did anyone see what happened when Allen gave up the long pass? He appeared out of position.

not really - he looked to be a couple of yards behind though. No replay.

MEGA SWATT
08-20-2011, 07:56 PM
they scored :gun:

Texas T
08-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Bwahahahahaha Who dat gonna call a timeout just before they score a TD?

I laughed so loud I think I just scared my dog...silliest thing yet.

On the other hand the boys are looking good. So much for all the Offense isn't ready.

The D is looking pretty good too. Still some work needed on run D but it does look like they are getting better.

OzzO
08-20-2011, 07:57 PM
TD 'lil aints

Texas T
08-20-2011, 07:57 PM
TD 'lil aints

No concern-it is the Saints and they will score.

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 07:58 PM
ingram is gonnabe a good draft pick for the saints.

OzzO
08-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Time to see some Tater

OzzO
08-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Keo returning? Yep - got to the 18 yard line

80tothezone
08-20-2011, 07:59 PM
little behind still but allen just got owned

CloakNNNdagger
08-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Ice that hammy and let's look at other RBs ... Foster is ready!
Well
No I'll run him until he goes lame------G. Kubiak

Pantherstang84
Why do the Texan's returners take off sideways?

Mr. Texan
sup ben tate. glad you could make it out tonight.

OzzO
1 yard for Tate's first run

Xcellerator
08-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Ben Tate!!

OzzO
Tate n Tate n Tate....

Pantherstang84
They really should consider putting field turf in Reliant.

BTW...I'm liking me some Tater.

DocBar
08-20-2011, 08:02 PM
1 yard for Tate's first run

not a bad second rush...

Carr Bombed
It looks like Ben Tate was worth the wait. :)

axman40
Good to see Tate getting some work in.

DBCooper
Holy crap mr Tate!

cdain1
Release that Tate guy! He sucks!

badboy
Ok, sit Tater salad and bring Slaton in.

Pantherstang84
Nice back side cut.

Mr. Texan
08-20-2011, 08:03 PM
wow ben tate looks GOOD.

nice vison

MEGA SWATT
Tate?

OzzO
Can we get some rakes on the field for halftime? Serious hay issues.

TexanSam
Ok, sit Tater salad and bring Slaton in.

Slaton is inactive I think

Mr. Texan
LOL dre almost had that

JCTexan
08-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Tate is looking real good.

Brandon420tx
I'm really liking Casey this game

Mr. Texan
racker got this

OzzO
08-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Um... yeah, we can drop that JJ play in the backfield from the book.

Carr Bombed
Drive stalled because of ****ty playcalling, but preseason is the time to work on stupid stuff like that.

Mr. Texan
rackers = money in the bank