PDA

View Full Version : Demeco Ryans ???

Marcus
08-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Everyone's talking about Mario not playing well, but I didn't see Ryans anywhere on the stat sheet either.

He's coming off a major injury that some say won't be fully recoverable until next season, if at all. The problem is that he has a huge contract that you have to wonder if that merits continuing with damaged goods.

Loyalty being what it is, or isn't, in today's NFL, you have to wonder if the FO will soon be facing a very tough and unpopular decision.

Dutchrudder
08-17-2011, 09:52 PM
He got his big contract last year, so chances are they still have plenty of guaranteed money on it. Cutting him would result in lots of dead money. Might as well play him this year and see if he can keep up as it's not costing much.

Texan_Bill
08-17-2011, 09:57 PM
This is a hard concept for some people to understand, but sometimes when people aren't in the forefront, that means they're doing they're job.... Especially when it's over just a few series!

Ryan
08-17-2011, 10:04 PM
He didn't make any big mistakes either. He was directing people and getting them in position so it seemed like he was doing just fine to me.

RTP2110
08-17-2011, 10:05 PM
I think some of us are putting a little too much stock into a 1st preseason game. I personally think both guys will be just fine. There will be some growing pains while Mario learns and Demeco recovers, but they didn't for get how to play football. Give them a little time and they'll be okay, IMO.

DocBar
08-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Taking the injury he's recovering from into consideration, I wouldn't expect to see much of him on the stat sheet in the preseason. That doesn't bother me cuz Sharpton seems to be filling in nicely in the meantime.

prostock101
08-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Really? After one quarter of the first preseason game the discussion is releasing Ryan's?

Pretty fubar if you ask me........

DocBar
08-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Really? After one quarter of the first preseason game the discussion is releasing Ryan's?

Pretty fubar if you ask me........Don't sweat it. I'll share some of my crow with him. It tastes like caca.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Understand the concern about Demeco and Mario but, releasing Demeco and on other thread mentioning trade Mario after a brief appearance in 1st preseason game is just :vincepalm::kubepalm::mariopalm::wadepalm:

Allstar
08-17-2011, 11:29 PM
14 snaps does not a season make.

hookinreds
08-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Good God, why not just move the team out of Houston. Are you freaking searious. 15 minutes of the first preseason game after an injury like that and your canning they guy? I think we could get a couple 2nd rounders if we dump AJ on to someone elses payroll. He's so injury prone.

Wolf6151
08-18-2011, 04:42 AM
Like others have said, it's to early to bail on Ryans or Cushing, there just hasn't been enough football played yet to get a true assessment of their post injury performance but it wouldn't surprise me at all if ILB is one of our top priorities in next years draft.

Vontaze Burfict-ILB from Arizona St. anyone?

ObsiWan
08-18-2011, 05:47 AM

Pretty fubar if you ask me........
hey, fair is fair. If you're gonna talk about trading Mario because he was supposedly a non-factor then DeMeco should be traded first because - after re-watching the game - DeMeco (supposedly the "heart & soul" of this defense) was nearly invisible.

I disagree with this line of thought. Both are learning new positions (Mario more so than DeMeco). Both are recovering from injuries (DeMeco more so than Mario). I think when the Colts come to town in Sept. they'll both be ready to roll.

Hopefully, by then, Schaub will be more on-point with his passes than he was Monday night too.

prostock101
08-18-2011, 06:47 AM
hey, fair is fair. If you're gonna talk about trading Mario because he was supposedly a non-factor then DeMeco should be traded first because - after re-watching the game - DeMeco (supposedly the "heart & soul" of this defense) was nearly invisible.

I disagree with this line of thought. Both are learning new positions (Mario more so than DeMeco). Both are recovering from injuries (DeMeco more so than Mario). I think when the Colts come to town in Sept. they'll both be ready to roll.

Hopefully, by then, Schaub will be more on-point with his passes than he was Monday night too.

Sorry dude, not my thread and never posted on it. I believe it is also fubar........

BigBull17
08-18-2011, 07:48 AM
14 snaps does not a season make.

Idk, ask the trade Mario for a 2nd round pick crowd.