PDA

View Full Version : Steelers give up on Limas Sweed

Playoffs
08-17-2011, 05:30 PM
In a move that should surprise no one, the Steelers have parted ways with receiver Limas Sweed. A second-round pick in the 2008 draft...

Appearing in 20 career regular-season games, Sweed has seven catches for 69 yards. He had two catches for 20 yards in the 2008 postseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/17/steelers-give-up-on-limas-sweed/

Hervoyel
08-17-2011, 05:59 PM
He was going nowhere fast so no big surprise.

drs23
08-17-2011, 07:11 PM
Yeah, that took longer than it should have. Guess it's hard to give up on a guy but sometimes ya just gotta cut bait.

You hearing this Ben Tate? Kubes is on your ass.

Doppelganger
08-17-2011, 07:24 PM
In a move that should surprise no one, the Steelers have parted ways with receiver Limas Sweed. A second-round pick in the 2008 draft...

Appearing in 20 career regular-season games, Sweed has seven catches for 69 yards. He had two catches for 20 yards in the 2008 postseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/17/steelers-give-up-on-limas-sweed/

I really thought he would develop into a quality #2 receiver. Boy was I wrong on that one.

texanhead08
08-17-2011, 09:30 PM
How many disappointing offensive Longhorns does this make ?

chicagotexan2
08-18-2011, 10:44 AM
How many disappointing offensive Longhorns does this make ?

I don't know, but I am surprised the McCoy looks like he'll be pretty good.

Ole Miss Texan
08-18-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't know, but I am surprised the McCoy looks like he'll be pretty good.
People said that about VY after his first season.... :stirpot:

Seriously though, does Sweed just suck? I have not watched him at all so can't really say whether I want the Texans to give him a shot or not. Too focused on my boy Wallace. :jam:

drs23
08-18-2011, 08:57 PM
People said that about VY after his first season.... :stirpot:

Seriously though, does Sweed just suck? I have not watched him at all so can't really say whether I want the Texans to give him a shot or not. Too focused on my boy Wallace. :jam:

I dunno Ole Miss. With the talent Rick Smith has scoured from the UDFA ranks is there a need or even room to take a look at him? From what I've gathered from 1 PS game and the HT.com clips and various reports I don't see room nor a need to even have him show up. Heck, we won't even be able to roster all of these guys that Rick brought in.

As an aside, sure haven't heard nor seen much outta Torrence Tolliver other than less than stellar attitude/work ethic reports. JMO of course.

Would like to hear opposing views and reasons for such.

Ole Miss Texan
08-19-2011, 10:04 AM
I dunno Ole Miss. With the talent Rick Smith has scoured from the UDFA ranks is there a need or even room to take a look at him? From what I've gathered from 1 PS game and the HT.com clips and various reports I don't see room nor a need to even have him show up. Heck, we won't even be able to roster all of these guys that Rick brought in.

As an aside, sure haven't heard nor seen much outta Torrence Tolliver other than less than stellar attitude/work ethic reports. JMO of course.

Would like to hear opposing views and reasons for such.
That's true. I really do like this group of WRs we have. I think it's in the Lestar Jean thread, he said he was fielding offers from like 7 different teams and that Rick said the Texans were only going to sign 2-3 WRs (while other teams were signing like 7). I'm down for taking just about anybody if they help improve the team, even if we're full at that position... but I just don't know that Sweed has "it". I'm like you and think our 5-6 WRs are on the roster already.

Blake
08-19-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah, that took longer than it should have. Guess it's hard to give up on a guy but sometimes ya just gotta cut bait.

You hearing this Ben Tate? Kubes is on your ass.

Limas got 3 years. I don't care who you are or what round you went in. If you aren't any good you get 3 years. So I think Ben is safe for at least this year. Lets hope he pulls it together though.