Barwin, Connor
Nading, Jesse
Williams, Mario
Reed, Brooks
Ryans, DeMeco
Sharpton, Darryl

SAMURAITEXAN
08-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Question is how many of LB are we intended to keep on our roster?!

Go Texans!!!

nero THE zero
08-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Wade took 10 LB into the first game last season.

Rey
08-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Braman, Bryan
Cushing, Brian
Adibi, Xavier
Dobbins, Tim
Barwin, Connor
Nading, Jesse
Williams, Mario
Reed, Brooks
Ryans, DeMeco
Sharpton, Darryl

Yeah...Im thinking that these are the guys that I would keep as well.

srrono
08-16-2011, 08:22 AM
I know its only 1 preseason game but I was concerned about our LB core I feel much better off this game its going to be fun watching a full half of defense vs the Saints. I would call it a victory if the Texans keep NO at 10 or under in the 1st half.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Wade took 10 LB into the first game last season.

Sometime ago, I saw an interview of Herring mentioning LB # in single degit but I may be wrong. Anyway, if we are keeping 10, I also like what Srrono mentioned LBs.

Go Texans!!!

badboy
08-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I need to see Adibi injury free.

nero THE zero
08-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Sometime ago, I saw an interview of Herring mentioning LB # in single degit but I may be wrong. Anyway, if we are keeping 10, I also like what Srrono mentioned LBs.

Go Texans!!!

http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/houston-texans-roster-checkup-training-camp-edition-1

In the summary below, you will see two numbers in parenthesis following the position names. The number on the left is the current number of players on the roster at that position. The number on the right is the number of players the... Cowboys defense took into Week 1 of the 2010 season at that position.

Linebacker (15, 10): DeMeco Ryans, Brian Cushing, Mario Williams, Connor Barwin, Xavier Adibi, Darryl Sharpton, Brooks Reed, Stanford Keglar, Jesse Nading, Cheta Ozougwu, Steven Friday, Matt Marcorelle, Bryan Braman, Mister Alexander, Tim Dobbins

This is the group that will make or break the Texans defense this season. Cushing will line up in the middle next to his buddy DeMeco Ryans, but Ryans and Barwin are both coming off serious injuries. Lack of depth and inexperience in the 3-4 is the theme for this group. Mario Williams: linebacker is a work in progress and Barwin seems to be making the transition. And yes Wade Phillips really did take 10 linebackers into Week 1 last season. Jesse Nading, a DE last year, is working with the outside linebackers. Dobbins, an inside backer who played for Phillips in San Diego, was signed as a free agent on August 6.

TimeKiller
08-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Who starts though? Who takes the lion share? 90/59 obviously, Barwin didn't look majestic but didn't look terrible either so probably him.....and.......Cushing? Yeah right. I'm not buying the Tracy McGrady line of "I'm too hurt to practice but just healthy enough to get in a game and do nothing". Dude needs to practice AND look better than everyone else. Yeah....he's got something to prove. A lot to prove actually.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-16-2011, 11:33 AM
http://www.examiner.com/houston-texans-in-houston/houston-texans-roster-checkup-training-camp-edition-1

In the summary below, you will see two numbers in parenthesis following the position names. The number on the left is the current number of players on the roster at that position. The number on the right is the number of players the... Cowboys defense took into Week 1 of the 2010 season at that position.

Linebacker (15, 10): DeMeco Ryans, Brian Cushing, Mario Williams, Connor Barwin, Xavier Adibi, Darryl Sharpton, Brooks Reed, Stanford Keglar, Jesse Nading, Cheta Ozougwu, Steven Friday, Matt Marcorelle, Bryan Braman, Mister Alexander, Tim Dobbins

This is the group that will make or break the Texans defense this season. Cushing will line up in the middle next to his buddy DeMeco Ryans, but Ryans and Barwin are both coming off serious injuries. Lack of depth and inexperience in the 3-4 is the theme for this group. Mario Williams: linebacker is a work in progress and Barwin seems to be making the transition. And yes Wade Phillips really did take 10 linebackers into Week 1 last season. Jesse Nading, a DE last year, is working with the outside linebackers. Dobbins, an inside backer who played for Phillips in San Diego, was signed as a free agent on August 6.
Thanks for info neroTHEzero. I see Wade did took 10 LBs into week 1. Besides Srrono mentioned 10 LBs, Steven Friday had a good game as well. We are more than likely to put a few LBs on PS.

Go Texans!!!