fiasco west
08-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Beast!

Him and Molden

:bravo:

For unexpected guys.

mugrakers
08-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Brahman !! 6'6... that was amazing... of course it was against 2nd and 3rd teamers... but still

TexCanada
08-15-2011, 11:27 PM
He definitely played well enough to get another look.

GP
08-15-2011, 11:29 PM
I watched him play at WTAMU last year.

Didn't even know he was on our team until the past few days. LOL.

He was unblockable last year. Had some injuries that sidelined him, but if he was on the field, he was near the ball all the time.

I hope he makes it. He never quit. He was pressuring the QB all night. He would have one sack earlier, had it not been for a really obvious hold on the o-lineman (ref caught it, though).

Defenses need guys like him, even if he's not a starter yet. Guys like him who lurk and push and make starters remember somebody's after their job(s).

RTP2110
08-15-2011, 11:36 PM
At this point he definitely deserves a roster spot, IMO.

Honoring Earl 34
08-15-2011, 11:38 PM
I watched him play at WTAMU last year.

Didn't even know he was on our team until the past few days. LOL.

He was unblockable last year. Had some injuries that sidelined him, but if he was on the field, he was near the ball all the time.

I hope he makes it. He never quit. He was pressuring the QB all night. He would have one sack earlier, had it not been for a really obvious hold on the o-lineman (ref caught it, though).

Defenses need guys like him, even if he's not a starter yet. Guys like him who lurk and push and make starters remember somebody's after their job(s).

Seems Mr Braman got in trouble selling shrooms and was suspended . Bobby King told Wade about him and the Texans gave him a chance . He was hard to block .

http://amarillo.com/sports/wtcollege-sports/2011-07-26/wt-ex-braman-gets-chance-texans

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=103837&draftyear=2011&genpos=OLB

Showtime100
08-15-2011, 11:38 PM
With a name like Braman and a bull on his helmet, it's just a matter of time. :bubbles:

dream_team
08-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Beast!

Him and Molden

For unexpected guys.

Molden? Don't think he played that well.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Definately, Braman is a keeper along with Jean. We'd been lucky with these UDFAs. Looking forward to seeing more of #50.

Go Braman!!!
Go Texans!!!

Playoffs
08-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Seems Mr Braman got in trouble selling shrooms and was suspended . Bobby King told Wade about him and the Texans gave him a chance . He was hard to block .

http://amarillo.com/sports/wtcollege-sports/2011-07-26/wt-ex-braman-gets-chance-texans

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=103837&draftyear=2011&genpos=OLB
Hey, those were medicinal mushrooms!

No matter, now ... he's earning a shot. Split two O-lineman on one play.

Corrosion
08-16-2011, 12:01 AM
I liked what I saw from the guy .... Looks like a keeper , as did Dobbins.

MEGA SWATT
08-16-2011, 12:02 AM
he looked really good.

Dutchrudder
08-16-2011, 12:04 AM
The Texans have struck GOLD with Bryan Braman!!! Two sacks, a forced fumble and six tackles to lead the team! He was the best UDFA pickup so far!

:cow:

TimeKiller
08-16-2011, 12:14 AM
He looks a bit light but definitely a pass rusher. Perhaps needs a year in an NFL weight room before he'll be able to really shine but the raw talent is there. Mold him.

Rey
08-16-2011, 12:35 AM
He looks a bit light but definitely a pass rusher. Perhaps needs a year in an NFL weight room before he'll be able to really shine but the raw talent is there. Mold him.

He didn't look that light to me and I got a couple good looks at him.

Mari-OWNED!
08-16-2011, 03:04 AM
Here's his post-game interview for those who are interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRVISkg5VU

Showtime100
08-16-2011, 03:09 AM
Here's his post-game interview for those who are interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZRVISkg5VU

Thank you man. I enjoyed that.

Malloy
08-16-2011, 03:57 AM
Seems like a humble high-effort kinda guy, I like that :)

Webbster
08-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Seems like a humble high-effort kinda guy, I like that :)
I sure hope he makes the team. Thanks for the link. It is nice seeing a man making the most of a second chance.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-16-2011, 05:59 AM
Don't be scared of the fire works Bryan.

HTown2ATX
08-16-2011, 08:05 AM
I was gonna start a thread on this if there wasn't one lol.

Yeah, this kid is a beast!!

SAMURAITEXAN
08-16-2011, 08:21 AM
I liked what I saw from the guy .... Looks like a keeper , as did Dobbins.

Agree. Dobbins is only experienced 3-4 LB in our roster and one year under Wade system in SD.

Go Texans!!!

False Start
08-16-2011, 08:58 AM
I like what I saw out of the guy too, hopefully he can keep it up. I think LB is definitely a position we need to have as much depth as possible at.

Porky
08-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Brahman looked great, albeit against the other sides 2's and 3's. We need to see what he looks like against the ones to see what we really have.

And did anyone notice Adibi? He showed up more than anytime I have seen him. All in all, the LB's looked good to very good....except for that one guy named Mario. :chef:

IDEXAN
08-16-2011, 09:19 AM
This kid is talented, and he's gonna make it in the NFL with somebody else if not with us. If they try to move this kid to the practice squad he's gonna get snatched up off of the waiver-wire.
But it's good to see somebody who's got no rep get this kind of chance and take advantage of the opportunity.

El Tejano
08-16-2011, 09:24 AM
Brahman looked great, albeit against the other sides 2's and 3's. We need to see what he looks like against the ones to see what we really have.

And did anyone notice Adibi? He showed up more than anytime I have seen him. All in all, the LB's looked good to very good....except for that one guy named Mario. :chef:

Got a thread about how I think he will do in the new defense.

GP
08-16-2011, 10:14 AM
How cool was it to hear a guy speak from his heart, and not just give some bland, stale answer?

That interview was great. He is a straight shooter. "I'm not a sack dance guy."

The only problem is that he won't get a chance to go against a team's #1 o-linemen, so he'll probably get cut despite anything he does against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

If he continues to manhandle 2nd and 3rd teamers in remaining preseason games, he'll get claimed off waivers by someone before we can put him on PS.

Dutchrudder
08-16-2011, 10:20 AM
How cool was it to hear a guy speak from his heart, and not just give some bland, stale answer?

The only problem is that he won't get a chance to go against a team's #1 o-linemen, so he'll probably get cut despite anything he does against 2nd and 3rd teamers.

If he continues to manhandle 2nd and 3rd teamers in remaining preseason games, he'll get claimed off waivers by someone before we can put him on PS.

I dunno about that, but there was one sack he made which jarred the ball loose. Instead of fighting for the ball, which is important, he wanted to celebrate. I didn't like seeing that from someone who's supposed to be a professional.

Rey
08-16-2011, 10:39 AM
Don't be scared of the fire works Bryan.

Why did Katy Perry just pop into my mind...

bckey
08-16-2011, 10:58 AM

I think Wade will keep the best players on defense no matter what. I don't think Kubiak will mess with the defensive side at all. And that is a good thing. Brahman looks like he has a really good motor and along with that great passion to make it in the NFL. This guy will help this team and be a playmaker. I say he makes it.

XI CMURDER IX
08-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Beast!

Him and Molden

For unexpected guys.

I say keep Braman, but Molden?

If he was playing against a veteran quarterback he would have been smoked. Not to mention he almost gave up a touchdown, but one of their receivers dropped the ball in the endzone...

Chance_C
08-16-2011, 11:12 AM
And did anyone notice Adibi? He showed up more than anytime I have seen him. All in all, the LB's looked good to very good....except for that one guy named Mario.

Adibi did a nice job. Also looks like he has put on some weight.

False Start
08-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Adibi did a nice job. Also looks like he has put on some weight.

I was pleasently surprised at Adibi's play last night, maybe hes finally getting it.

Trail.Blazr
08-16-2011, 11:44 AM
What I saw in Braman was a lot of effort and disruption, however, where I saw FAIL was in basic tackling. Seems like I saw his number too many times where a short gain turned into a Big one. Now, this was potentially buried in the fact that he was not the only one giving up tackles.

TheCD
08-16-2011, 12:19 PM
With a name like Braman and a bull on his helmet, it's just a matter of time. :bubbles:

Braman...

Bull...

Holy crap it's The Rock!

SAMURAITEXAN
08-16-2011, 12:52 PM

I have no clue what you are talking about but when I saw an interview of Braman, he mentioned that he was scared of the fire works and thought that was pretty funny comment from a big 6'6" or 6'5" guy.

cuppacoffee
08-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Agree. Dobbins is only experienced 3-4 LB in our roster and one year under Wade system in SD.

Go Texans!!!

This will probably keep him around for the season.

:coffee:

steelbtexan
08-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Hopefully Dobbins and Braman make the team. They were both impressive

I've seen enough of the Adibi/injuries and Bentley/3rd and 19.

Jackie Chiles
08-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Lance Z talks about him a bit in this piece and has an interview with him from earlier in the week during camp. The part that caught my attention was when he was asked about his physical measurements from his pro day workout. Get a load of these:

Almost 6'6
247 lbs
ran two 40s, 4.49 and 4.47
39 and 1/2 inch vert
broad of 11 ft 3
short shuttle low 4s

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2011/08/thoughts-on-texansjets-and-an-inside-look-and-listen-at-bryan-braman/

That is obscene and from what we saw last night not just a workout warrior. Eerily similar workout numbers to Barwin and hes taller.

Link to Barwin's workout numbers:
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=75418&draftyear=2009&genpos=OLB

fiasco west
08-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Rick Smith is pretty good with these UDFA's....

EllisUnit
08-16-2011, 06:33 PM

in trouble for selling an all "natural" supplement :bubbles: . I say keep the boy he looks like he could become something special

steelbtexan
08-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Rick Smith is pretty good with these UDFA's....

Uhh

Wade and Bramans college coach are friends.

Smith had very little to do with this signing. Although I do agree with your post.

BattleRedToro
08-16-2011, 10:08 PM

in trouble for selling an all "natural" supplement :bubbles: . I say keep the boy he looks like he could become something special

Actually, he got in trouble for manufacturing psilocybin, not for selling mushrooms. Yes, certain mushrooms contain psilocybin, but it is also possible to synthesize it chemically if you know what you're doing. :chef:

EllisUnit
08-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Actually, he got in trouble for manufacturing psilocybin, not for selling mushrooms. Yes, certain mushrooms contain psilocybin, but it is also possible to synthesize it chemically if you know what you're doing. :chef:

:truck: shows how much i know about shrooms, was never much of a fan

Honoring Earl 34
08-16-2011, 10:18 PM

Does that mean he's smart ?

BattleRedToro
08-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Does that mean he's smart ?

Yes, but I took from it that he is good for team Chemistry.:evil:

EllisUnit
08-17-2011, 12:34 AM

:doot::doot:

HTown2ATX
08-17-2011, 09:03 AM
Apparently (according to Vandy and Lopez like 5 minutes ago) he was in trouble for manufacturing the substance in shrooms that makes you trip balls.

This was him back then......

http://www.espnnorthwest.com/media/photologue/photos/cache/Bryan%20Braman_thumbnail.jpg

Looks like someone I used to jam KoRn with and get high all day back in the day lol...:vincepalm:

I really liked him Monday night though, I hope to see more of the same Saturday!

drs23
08-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Apparently (according to Vandy and Lopez like 5 minutes ago) he was in trouble for manufacturing the substance in shrooms that makes you trip balls.

http://www.espnnorthwest.com/media/photologue/photos/cache/Bryan%20Braman_thumbnail.jpg

Looks like someone I used to jam KoRn with and get high all day back in the day lol...:vincepalm:

I really liked him Monday night though, I hope to see more of the same Saturday!

I think there's a real good chance of that!

HuttoKarl
08-17-2011, 10:43 AM

She has nice boobs, of course.

HTown2ATX
08-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Too early to start designing a Braman jersey on NFL shop?

j/k

:jam:

kingh99
08-17-2011, 04:12 PM
http://www.castesystem.tk/wp-content/uploads/Brahma-bull-2.jpgBraman Bull

Thorn
08-17-2011, 05:35 PM

j/k

how about a Braman Bra?

BigBull17
08-18-2011, 01:08 PM

Maybe he can design something for Brian "Latimer" Cushing so he doesnt look like Kyle Shannahan anymore. Jesus Cush has shrunk.

Corrosion
08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
:truck: shows how much i know about shrooms, was never much of a fan

Dont know what you are missin .... Been many years ago but .... Good Shit.

j/k

I dont think so .... That kids gonna make them keep him on the roster and put him on the field. Aint no two ways about it.

Cjeremy635
08-18-2011, 03:34 PM
I found this on Nick Scurfield's photo page:

Rookie LB Bryan Braman has been impressive in camp. Doesn't excuse him from pad duty, though:

http://c0013914.cdn1.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/x2_7cae117

http://lockerz.com/s/130736407

GP
08-18-2011, 03:39 PM
The good thing about him, as you can see in that photo, is that there's no WWE-type physique on him.

He looks like a naturally-built guy. Which means if the right strength & conditioning guys get to work with him over the course of this year, and on into the off-season and beyond, he could be HUGE and a real juggernaut.

I see him listed as either 6'5" or 6'6". He could be a monster if the Texans organization chooses to hold onto him and develop him. The skills and instinct, and the will to beat his man however he has to, is there. The frame is there. Just need to round it out and get some juggernaut goin' on.

Dude's become a pop-cult figure this past week.

GP
08-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Maybe he can design something for Brian "Latimer" Cushing so he doesnt look like Kyle Shannahan anymore. Jesus Cush has shrunk.

You ain't lying. It's no exaggeration, either. Cushing is oddly different.

Thorn
08-18-2011, 03:47 PM
The guy looks like he should be wearing a cowboy hat and totin' a gun in an old western movie.

edit: I fogot to quote the pic with Braman in it, but that's who I'm talking about.

Cjeremy635
08-18-2011, 03:55 PM
The good thing about him, as you can see in that photo, is that there's no WWE-type physique on him.

He looks like a naturally-built guy. Which means if the right strength & conditioning guys get to work with him over the course of this year, and on into the off-season and beyond, he could be HUGE and a real juggernaut.

I see him listed as either 6'5" or 6'6". He could be a monster if the Texans organization chooses to hold onto him and develop him. The skills and instinct, and the will to beat his man however he has to, is there. The frame is there. Just need to round it out and get some juggernaut goin' on.

Dude's become a pop-cult figure this past week.

I agree with you 100% GP. If I'm not mistaken, I think I heard Kubiak say that Braman has put on 15lbs since being in camp. If so, that's really amazing. That means that his body is capable of growing really fast, even with the stress from training camp.

I got a chuckle out of the "pop-culture figure" comment, but it's so true. Hopefully he'll end up being more of a legend than a myth.

GP
08-18-2011, 04:23 PM
I agree with you 100% GP. If I'm not mistaken, I think I heard Kubiak say that Braman has put on 15lbs since being in camp. If so, that's really amazing. That means that his body is capable of growing really fast, even with the stress from training camp.

I got a chuckle out of the "pop-culture figure" comment, but it's so true. Hopefully he'll end up being more of a legend than a myth.

Usually, at the end of a preseason game, you see guys making mistakes and just generally looking a little lost-in-the-moment out there.

Braman looked like he knew exactly what to do, and his man couldn't stop him on about 90% of the plays. I think that's where the following has come from--It's because he was genuinely making plays and doing it time after time, almost like a machine out there. They took him out, but the Jets made a nice play or two, and then we put him back in and he picks up right where he left off.

Several WTAMU guys are on NFL teams right now.

Charly Martin, a Kevin Walter-type WR, made two catches for 36 yards for the Panthers last week. He catches EVERYTHING thrown his way.

Stephen Burton is a Dorin Dickerson-type guy for the Vikings, but I didn't see him have any stats last week. His blocking skills are a thing of beauty. He de-cleats people, consistently.

J'Marcus Webb is a starting RT, IIRC, for the Bears. He started out as 2nd teamer for them last year (his rookie year) but I think he became the starter a few games into 2011 for the Bears.

Tyson Williams was a BEAST with WTAMU the past two years, but he just transferred to Texas Tech. What a huge loss for us, but I know he wants to get seen by NFL scouts and I understand the reasoning. That guy is going to be a starter in the NFL. Remember that name: Tyson Williams. You can YouTube his stuff, but make sure you search Tyson Williams WTAMU.

Chaun Thompson, former Texans LB, played at WTAMU. Mercury Morris, Dolphins RB from decades ago, played for what was then named West Texas State University. As did Duane Thomas (RB with Cowboys). John Ayers of the 49ers. Wrestling star Terry Funk. Keith Null, was QB with Rams last year (we played him) but he's now in Carolina.

Really proud of the growing list. Excited about Braman.

The Lone Star Conference is putting guys into the NFL lately. Johnny Knox, WR Bears, was Abilene Christian. As was Bengals RB Bernard Scott.

badboy
08-18-2011, 04:41 PM
I found this on Nick Scurfield's photo page:

http://lockerz.com/s/130736407Maybe that is not pad duty but what he needs as he plans to wear out pads and helmets? :texanbill:

EllisUnit
08-18-2011, 08:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/26644/show-me-more-texans-olb-bryan-braman

Linebacker Bryan Braman was excellent in the Texans’ first preseason game, even if it was against third-stringers.

He was a bit of a risky pickup for Houston as an undrafted free agent out of

West Texas A&M, a collegiate journeyman who’d been in some trouble.

But as Lance Zierlein points out in this piece, “one of the most important things for scouts and GMs to do is determine which players have character issues and which players made mistakes based on immaturity and the Texans are hoping that Braman was just immature.”

Braman said the right things in the audio link about jumping at a second chance. He was a lightning bolt against the Jets. Now the challenge is to show he can do it again against the Saints.

He is nearly 6-foot-6, he runs a 40 in about 4.48 seconds and he’s shown he’s unafraid of the NFL preseason stage.

He’s not a secret anymore. Do things change now that people will be looking for him to have an impact rather than being surprised when he does?

HTown2ATX
08-19-2011, 09:05 AM
Will Braman get playing time against the 2's on Saturday night?

Hoping so. This guy could be that underdog rags to riches story lunch pail beast that any team would love to discover.

Dude just seems to have a chip on his shoulder and goes 100%.

hradhak
08-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Will Braman get playing time against the 2's on Saturday night?

Hoping so. This guy could be that underdog rags to riches story lunch pail beast that any team would love to discover.

Dude just seems to have a chip on his shoulder and goes 100%.

I'd love to see him out there against the 2s. If he can bring it consistently this guy should get some significant playing time. I think part of his solid performance is that he's from a 3-4 system from WTAMU. If nothing else he adds depth to our team and we can rotate him in to give our starters a rest during the regular season

False Start
08-19-2011, 07:23 PM

Thank GOD he got rid of the D-bag Jonathan Davis look.

GP
08-19-2011, 07:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/26644/show-me-more-texans-olb-bryan-braman...He is nearly 6-foot-6, he runs a 40 in about 4.48 seconds and he’s shown he’s unafraid of the NFL preseason stage.

How the hell do you run a 4.48 40 at 6' 6" in height? Yikes.

Super Mario needs to hit some of those mushrooms Braman has in his pocket. LOL.

Cjeremy635
08-19-2011, 09:38 PM
How the hell do you run a 4.48 40 at 6' 6" in height? Yikes.

Super Mario needs to hit some of those mushrooms Braman has in his pocket. LOL.

I was on my way home from the gym this afternoon and I caught the ass end of McGobbler talking about Braman on 610. He said that they asked him where he got his size from and he said his grandpa. Evidently, his gramps was 7'7" and weighed a little over 400 lbs. That's a freakin' giant of a man. John really seems to like Braman and says that he seems like a really genuine guy who knows he's lucky to have a second chance. I hope the kid does really well here and shines tomorrow night.

CloakNNNdagger
08-19-2011, 09:39 PM
I believed he deserved a second chance before. Now I know it.

finding his way
With friends' help, Bryan Braman changed his life, earned shot with Texans
By JOHN MCCLAIN
Copyright 2011 Houston Chronicle
Aug. 18, 2011, 11:39PM

Since rookie outside linebacker Bryan Braman registered 1 sacks in the Texans' victory over the New York Jets in the first preseason game, fans and media have been hungry to learn more about the undrafted free agent from West Texas A&M.

Braman (6-6, 248) has taken a meandering route from Spokane, Wash., his hometown, to Houston.

His journey began at the University of Idaho, detoured through Long Beach City College, stopped in Canyon and continued to College Station before the Texans offered him a chance to make the team.

"There was a long time where I thought I wasn't going to have a chance to play, but now I'm here, and I'm trying to make the best of the opportunity," Braman said after practice Thursday. "Learning from your mistakes and what you do with a second chance kind of defines you as a person."

Before general manager Rick Smith offered him a contract, Braman, 24, worked for Abercrombie & Fitch in Los Angeles, modeled, attended some casting calls, got kicked out of West Texas A&M for manufacturing psilocybin (a hallucinogen) and worked as a bouncer in Amarillo and College Station.

Braman, who said he gets his size from a 7-4, 460-pound grandfather and disclosed that he keeps his dreadlocks that were cut by teammates at West Texas in a plastic bag, was fortunate that two people believed in him.

First-year Texans assistant coach Bobby King and girlfriend Aubrey Rinks have helped Braman overcome the pitfalls that interrupted and, finally, ended his college football career.

"I feel very blessed I'm able to show people what happened wasn't me, that it's in the past, and I'm happy to be able to move on," Braman said.
More than a coach

King was an assistant who coached Braman at West Texas before he joined Wade Phillips' staff in Dallas. Phillips brought King with him. King recommended the Texans sign Braman.

"I don't think I'd be here today if it wasn't for him," Braman said. "He recruited me out of junior college and was my D-line coach.

"He stood up for me, and I love him for it. I'm out here trying to live up to my name as well as his."

Rinks, who resided in College Station, made a commitment to Braman when few others would.

"She's great," Braman said. "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her, too.

"She helped support me, made sure that I was taken care of so I could train, kept my weight up and just made sure I was ready for the call if it came."

Braman worked as a bouncer during the NFL lockout and hoped a team would call. In June, he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor possession of psilocybe mushrooms. He paid a $2,000 fine. Thirty days later, the prosecutor terminated the one-year probation, and his case was dismissed.
Life lesson

"It was actually very eye-opening," Braman said about getting busted and kicked out of West Texas in October. "Everybody has a bad experience, but I'm just happy to be able to move on and make the best of it.

"It was a life lesson about the people you associate with, the people you let into your home. I've learned to be a lot more careful, and I'm excited to see who I'm able to surround myself with in the NFL."

Before his career ended at West Texas, Braman lost his trademark dreadlocks.

"The coaches at West Texas didn't like (dreadlocks) very much, and they were always giving me grief about cutting it," he said. "We went to dinner at my defensive coordinator's house.

"He said dessert was out in the garage, and when I got out there, the door closed behind me, and all I heard was clippers. So you know, I just said it was about time to do it.

"It was actually the entire D-line. There was only one pair of scissors, so each of them got to cut a couple of them off, but it was a lot of fun. I saved it all, actually. They're (dreadlocks) in a Ziploc bag. I haven't been able to completely let them go.
Prepared for anything

"Hardship has never been a problem for me, growing up with a single mother and all that stuff. I believe everything I've faced in life, the trials and tribulations that I've been put through, have made me the man I am today."

Cjeremy635
08-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Nice find Cloak! I guess I heard wrong about the height of his gramps, but that's still one big mofo. Braman has a story that you can't help but root for and I think a lot if people can relate to his struggles. I hope he does great.

GP
08-19-2011, 10:41 PM
You know, Braman was absent from games and was in and out...and it was said to be due to injuries.

But when he would get into the games, he frickin' OWNED the field. Wherever the ball was, there HE was. No appearance of being injured or hurting. He looked full blast out there.

Now it makes sense. The "drug" thing got him busted out of WTAMU. The "injuries" angle was the cover story for what was actually disciplinary action.

There was also another defensive guy at the same time who was very talented, but he got busted out too--At first, he was going to be GONE GONE for good, but then he came back for a few games, and then at end of season he was finally gone for good. I think it was the previous year or so that the prescription drug scandal with then-QB Coach Ryan Leaf got HIM busted out. I'm thinking this might prompt me to write a letter to the editor of the Amarillo Globe-News about this. Too many similar-ending stories with the same plot are occurring here. Where's the wisdom in the selection of these guys out of certain locations?

What's good, however, is that you can see that WTAMU doesn't tolerate any of that crap--You do the crime, you do the time...and the time is done in any zip code BUT 79015. We get a lot of those junior college transfers, and they usually come from the extreme coasts (West Coast and East Coast). Our luck has been pretty poor with the West Coast guys. A big Samoan guy, a TE, was a UDFA with the Saints and he got caught pissing in public there in New Orleans (IIRC).

At WTAMU, we seem to get some real knuckleheads who have lots of talent but short on good decision making skills off the field. I'd like to see our d-coordinator go bye-bye...but it won't ever happen because guess why? He's the head coach's SON. That defense has held us back every year. Dammit.

Honoring Earl 34
08-19-2011, 10:49 PM
You know, Braman was absent from games and was in and out...and it was said to be due to injuries.

But when he would get into the games, he frickin' OWNED the field. Wherever the ball was, there HE was. No appearance of being injured or hurting. He looked full blast out there.

Now it makes sense. The "drug" thing got him busted out of WTAMU. The "injuries" angle was the cover story for what was actually disciplinary action.

There was also another defensive guy at the same time who was very talented, but he got busted out too--At first, he was going to be GONE GONE for good, but then he came back for a few games, and then at end of season he was finally gone for good. I think it was the previous year or so that the prescription drug scandal with then-QB Coach Ryan Leaf got HIM busted out. I'm thinking this might prompt me to write a letter to the editor of the Amarillo Globe-News about this. Too many similar-ending stories with the same plot are occurring here. Where's the wisdom in the selection of these guys out of certain locations?

What's good, however, is that you can see that WTAMU doesn't tolerate any of that crap--You do the crime, you do the time...and the time is done in any zip code BUT 79015. We get a lot of those junior college transfers, and they usually come from the extreme coasts (West Coast and East Coast). Our luck has been pretty poor with the West Coast guys. A big Samoan guy, a TE, was a UDFA with the Saints and he got caught pissing in public there in New Orleans (IIRC).

At WTAMU, we seem to get some real knuckleheads who have lots of talent but short on good decision making skills off the field. I'd like to see our d-coordinator go bye-bye...but it won't ever happen because guess why? He's the head coach's SON. That defense has held us back every year. Dammit.

They're just trying to get talent that they may not get a sniff at if these guys were outstanding citizens . SHSU was the home of wayward QBs for awhile .

EllisUnit
08-19-2011, 10:52 PM
They're just trying to get talent that they may not get a sniff at if these guys were outstanding citizens . SHSU was the home of wayward QBs for awhile .

huh, huntsville is my home town, u talking about the few PRO QBs they had in the league for a while. i think one still is ?!?!? dunno none have really done anything

Honoring Earl 34
08-19-2011, 11:07 PM
huh, huntsville is my home town, u talking about the few PRO QBs they had in the league for a while. i think one still is ?!?!? dunno none have really done anything

Rhett Bomar got busted at OU and ended up at SHSU . Josh McCown left SMU and ended up at SHSU .

EllisUnit
08-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Rhett Bomar got busted at OU and ended up at SHSU .

oh yeah i remember that, SHSU is where all the reject big name school QBs go :)

Honoring Earl 34
08-19-2011, 11:11 PM
oh yeah i remember that, SHSU is where all the reject big name school QBs go :)

That way they don't have to sit out a year .

EllisUnit
08-19-2011, 11:19 PM
That way they don't have to sit out a year .

SHSU is pretty big last year they were talking about bringing SHSU into Conf USA, dont know what ever happened with that, but i would love to see that. i am a home town team kinda guy so its be cool

Honoring Earl 34
08-20-2011, 12:03 AM
A movie .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LyvoW3OCtI