PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Ravens = Darkhorse

TheRealJoker
08-13-2011, 04:56 PM
Everyone in the media are talking about the Eagles and Patriots as the frontrunners for the Superbowl and offseason champions but I disagree.

We all know that the Ravens got two perfect fits for their system in Vonta Leach and Bernard Pollard. Both of these guys bring a smash mouth element to the team that IS Ravens football.

Leach is gonna make Ray Rice the NFL's leading rusher this year and Pollard is gonna be utilized like Polamalu in Pitt since Ed Reed has his back to cover him up in coverage. You thought it was tough running on Baltimore before? Now add Pollard to the equation and it's next to impossible.

Then they get Lee Evans for a 4th round pick! He is gonna flourish with an actual NFL team around him!!!

Ryan
08-13-2011, 05:29 PM
They've been my pick for the past two seasons but let me down both times. I think Flacco is holding them back right now.

ObsiWan
08-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Anyone watching the Ravens/Eagles replay? I'm checking for our boy Vonta Leach.

nero THE zero
08-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Don't know why, but they just don't excite me.

Their WR corp is too young, their defense is too old, and Flacco is just blah.

b0ng
08-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Anyone watching the Ravens/Eagles replay? I'm checking for our boy Vonta Leach.

I didn't notice him much but the Ravens didn't look that good on offense against the Eagles. Probably why they went ahead and traded for Lee Evans.

Lucky
08-14-2011, 11:39 AM
We all know that the Ravens got two perfect fits for their system in Vonta Leach and Bernard Pollard. Both of these guys bring a smash mouth element to the team that IS Ravens football.
The Ravens bringing in the Texans most physical players is not surprising. Harbaugh will bring out Pollard's attributes and hide his weaknesses.

Showtime100
08-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Don't underestimate how big a blow losing Vonta Leach was to the Texans. Even though it's a personal career choice of his I'm a little pissed he didn't see the Texans potential with him in the backfield.

mussop
08-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Everyone in the media are talking about the Eagles and Patriots as the frontrunners for the Superbowl and offseason champions but I disagree.

Leach is gonna make Ray Rice the NFL's leading rusher this year and Pollard is gonna be utilized like Polamalu in Pitt since Ed Reed has his back to cover him up in coverage. You thought it was tough running on Baltimore before? Now add Pollard to the equation and it's next to impossible.

Then they get Lee Evans for a 4th round pick! He is gonna flourish with an actual NFL team around him!!!

I cant see Pollard performing anywhere near the caliber of Polamalu. Overall the Ravens just dont have enough versatility on offense and the defense like someone else said, is getting old.

Dutchrudder
08-14-2011, 02:14 PM
I think the Ravens will be an 8-9 win team this year, but they don't really qualify as a 'darkhorse' imo. They have been playoff contenders for years. A darkhorse is a team like the Giants who barely got in the playoffs and clawed their way to a Super Bowl title.

Maddict5
08-14-2011, 03:18 PM
count me in the 'dont rate flacco so no' group