PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Injuries Mounting

CloakNNNdagger
08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Estimates of Achilles ruptures per NFL season have been quoted as ~6. Thus far in 2 weeks of TC there have already been 10 Achilles injuries........8 being ruptures.

It appears that the long lockout, and the lack of proper and overseen conditioning, and lack of supervised rehab for players coming off of injury, is taking their toll.

Here is an interesting team summary of major injuries sustained by players thus far. (I know it's Bleacher Report, but interesting just the same.)

NFL Preseason: Breaking Down the Injuries for Every NFL Team So Far (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/798697-nfl-injury-report-breaking-down-every-nfl-injury-so-far)

Ryan
08-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Hopefully it's true that Foster and Tate will be back for monday, but it is bleacherreport after all. Foster doesn't need the reps but Tate definitely does.

BetaV1
08-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Cloak, a few general questions for the medically inept (namely, myself):

-What exactly is an Achilles "rupture" and how does it differ from a standard Achilles injury, or is a "rupture" the standard?

-Which does Foster have?

-Generally, if one was not playing football, what would be usual time table for proper healing?

EDIT: Wait, Foster has a hamstring issue, correct?

CloakNNNdagger
08-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Hopefully it's true that Foster and Tate will be back for monday, but it is bleacherreport after all. Foster doesn't need the reps but Tate definitely does.

I wouldn't necessarily read this piece for "prognosis" purposes. I only posted it for the purpose of demonstrating that NFL injuries are quickly piling up.

Dutchrudder
08-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Could the extra 10 players on every roster also contribute to the higher number of injuries? The more players on the field, the more potential injuries.

ObsiWan
08-12-2011, 08:33 PM
I wouldn't necessarily read this piece for "prognosis" purposes. I only posted it for the purpose of demonstrating that NFL injuries are quickly piling up.

They missed Jacoby's foot/ankle "thingie". And I guess it was posted a day early to catch Johnathan Joseph's groin.

Malloy
08-13-2011, 04:00 AM
Could the extra 10 players on every roster also contribute to the higher number of injuries? The more players on the field, the more potential injuries.

Only if there's more 'playing time' to go around.

Scary article btw, short pre-season biting the players asses now.