PDA

View Full Version : Jeremiah Johnson

valleytexfan
08-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Was that Jeremiah Johnson scoring for Denver? The guy who was with the Texans and couldn't stay healthy?

b0ng
08-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Yes it was.

The Pencil Neck
08-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Damn. I liked that kid.

Texans34Life
08-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Wish we had room for him.

welsh texan
08-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Was he the other UDFA running back we had stashed on the practice squad from the same year as Foster?

IIRC a lot of people were very excited about him as well as Arian at the time.

The Pencil Neck
08-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Was he the other UDFA running back we had stashed on the practice squad from the same year as Foster?

IIRC a lot of people were very excited about him as well as Arian at the time.

Yep, that's the guy. He had a separated shoulder that he'd played his senior year with.

badboy
08-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I thought he would be a great player. Good for him.

ObsiWan
08-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Damn. I liked that kid.

yeah, me too. I was thinking it would be him to emerge instead of Foster.

The Pencil Neck
08-12-2011, 10:05 PM
yeah, me too. I was thinking it would be him to emerge instead of Foster.

I was expecting them to be a 1-2-3 punch along with Tate. I didn't foresee us getting Ward.

ObsiWan
08-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Man, is anyone else watching the suckatude that is Kansas City? I thought the Niners were bad....

how the hell did they go 10 - 6??!?!

Thorn
08-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Damn. I liked that kid.

me too. I hope he does well.

Doppelganger
08-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Man, is anyone else watching the suckatude that is Kansas City? I thought the Niners were bad....

The AFC West was really bad last year.

JCTexan
08-13-2011, 10:22 AM

Not that I expect the Chiefs to win the AFC West again this year, but it is only preseason. The long off-season could make a lot of teams look a bit rusty this week.

IDEXAN
08-13-2011, 10:26 AM
JJ another UDFA last year ? Just makes one wonder again why Kubiak/Smith wasted a very valuable 2nd round pick on a back since they are a "dime a dozen" every year ?

b0ng
08-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Their schedule was piss easy and they got to play the Bronco's twice.

nero THE zero
08-13-2011, 11:00 AM

Smoke and mirrors. That's what amazes me about our team. We've never been able to better 9-7 and over the course of the past 3-4 yeas we've been better than teams that have been in the playoffs. We've been pretty unlucky.

JCTexan
08-13-2011, 11:24 AM
JJ another UDFA last year ? Just makes one wonder again why Kubiak/Smith wasted a very valuable 2nd round pick on a back since they are a "dime a dozen" every year ?

Johnson was in the same draft as Foster. I wouldn't say they wasted a 2nd round pick on Tate yet. You have to also take into consideration where the Texans were at in the running game when they made the selection of Tate. They were coming off of a piss-poor rushing season in 2009 where they were ranked 31st overall in rushing. They were going into last year with an UDFA RB as the starter. I don't think anyone was predicting Foster to lead the NFL in rushing last year.

jaayteetx
08-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Their schedule was piss easy and they got to play the Bronco's twice.

The same Bronco team that beat us?

Ryan
08-13-2011, 12:59 PM
The Chiefs last year reminded me of the Bengals in 09. It was an absolute miracle the Bengals made the playoffs that year, and they weren't really that talented and it showed in 10. I remember us marching up and down the field against that acclaimed defense that same year in their house.

However, if KC can learn that ******** Thomas Jones should not be in this league anymore much less being their "starter" and start giving Jamaal Charles 80-90% of the touches, they will be much better off.

The Pencil Neck
08-13-2011, 02:00 PM
The same Bronco team that beat us?

Yeah... but... it was a rookie QB making his first start against us. That's almost not fair. We almost always find a way to let those guys win.

:wadepalm:

The Pencil Neck
08-13-2011, 02:03 PM

No, two years ago.

First year, he was on the IR.

Then last year, he got cut. I expected him to get picked up on the PS but he didn't. I'm not sure if someone else signed him or if he spent the whole year out of football.

BUT... if you look at the numbers, the top running backs are almost exclusively high round draft picks. If you want a dominant running game, you generally want a first or second rounder. I think Tate has the potential to be better in this offense than Foster is. And Foster is great in this offense.

ChampionTexan
08-13-2011, 02:22 PM
No, two years ago.

First year, he was on the IR.

Then last year, he got cut. I expected him to get picked up on the PS but he didn't. I'm not sure if someone else signed him or if he spent the whole year out of football.

Actually, after the Texans let him go (and after he'd had a few weeks for his injury to heal) he spent time on the practice squads of the Redskins, Panthers and Broncos but didn't stick on any of them for more than a couple of weeks.

I was pretty excited about him prior to his injury last preseason, and expected him to be added to our PS after he'd healed - at least I expected it right up until it didn't happen. It will be interesting to follow him this preseason, but either there's something there we (those of us who liked him) weren't seeing, or there's something there four NFL teams thus far haven't seen.

Hervoyel
08-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I very much thought that he and Foster were going to be the future of the Texans backfield. I was sorry to see him go and think he'll make an impact for someone before he's done.