PDA

View Full Version : Slaton joins Arian Foster and Ben Tate with hamstring injuries.

srrono
08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/11/steve-slaton-injures-his-hamstring-too/

Slaton joins Arian Foster and Ben Tate with hamstring injuries.

RB Chris Ogbannaya & Derick Ward are only healthy RBs.

The Pencil Neck
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
http://www.whec.com/sports/stories/S2236147.shtml?cat=565

Slaton joins Arian Foster and Ben Tate with hamstring injuries.

RB Chris Ogbannaya is only healthy RB.

Don't forget Derrick Ward.

HJam72
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Your link goes to a Bills story.

The Houston heat and humidity is taking our Superbowl calibur RB by committee team, chewing it up, and spitting it out. :kubepalm:

The Pencil Neck
08-11-2011, 02:02 PM

The Houston heat and humidity is taking our Superbowl calibur RB by committee team, chewing it up, and spitting it out. :kubepalm:

As long as two or three of them are healthy come opening day, I'm not worried.

But... this is why I've been saying that the Texans need to draft running backs early and often every other year or so. You never know how long RBs are going to stand up to the strain or how long their careers are going to last. Better to have too many than too few.

And there's also the high bust potential.

Thorn
08-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Looks like Hot Tub Boy is gonna have to throw a lot Monday night. LOL

srrono
08-11-2011, 02:04 PM

fixed

michaelm
08-11-2011, 02:04 PM

The blame for ll of this is squarely on Arian Foster (/sarcasm):

So this is what happens when Foster is off being a TV star instead of keeping himself fit and in shape and ready for TC to begin ?

LOL.

thunderkyss
08-11-2011, 02:05 PM
As long as two or three of them are healthy come opening day, I'm not worried.

Slaton needs to be ready for Monday night. It's his time to shine.

The Writing is on the wall.... he's got to see it.

Ω

michaelm
08-11-2011, 02:06 PM
fixed

Wait... wha?

srrono
08-11-2011, 02:07 PM
only silver lining i can come up with is that rb was our strongest position I am just concerned that hamstring injuries can drag on all year and or be reagraviated easily.

With the depth we have at RB we can afford to start season with maybe 1 rb down but if this injury bug hits our DL or LB positions it will be far worse IMO.

Ole Miss Texan
08-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Maybe we should call Ward "Mr. Reliable"?

Foster just needs to take it easy and be fully 100% by Game 1.
Tate needs to rest it up till he's healthy but that Needs to be SOON. He's got to get some reps in during preseason.
Slaton needs to get better by preseason game 1. If he misses a large chunk of the games, he's cut. We need him to perform starting Monday so we can keep him or trade him.
Ogbonnaya - I'm really glad we were able to pick him up. And I'm glad he's going to get a lot of reps during preseason. He deserves every shot to make this team and he wants it bad.

HJam72
08-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Fixed.

Fixed. :fingergun:

HJam72
08-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Maybe these guys just don't want to practice anymore, LOL.

srrono
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Maybe these guys just don't want to practice anymore, LOL.

like a sit in protest lol

CloakNNNdagger
08-11-2011, 02:40 PM
only silver lining i can come up with is that rb was our strongest position I am just concerned that hamstring injuries can drag on all year and or be reagraviated easily.

With the depth we have at RB we can afford to start season with maybe 1 rb down but if this injury bug hits our DL or LB positions it will be far worse IMO.

It's a lot easier to prevent hamstring injuries than to treat them. You've got to wonder about 3 RBs being bitten by the same "bug," having some common denominator somewhere (besides the heat which is not controllable). No other hammies on Texans non-RBs. And no reported hammies on any other team's RBs.:kitten:

IDEXAN
08-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Houston heat and humidity is taking our Superbowl calibur RB by committee team, chewing it up, and spitting it out. :kubepalm:
Cold weather is far more of a threat to cause hamstring and groin injuries
than warm, humid air. I suspect this probably has much more to do with the very lengthy offseason and months of relative inactivity these guys have just gone thru, which has been a concern ?

Big Lou
08-11-2011, 02:56 PM
What the hell is going on with these damn hamstrings!!!!!

Starting to get nervous, Kubiak is getting his rolodex out and looking up Ron Dayne's phone number right about now......... Duane Brown watch ya back man.

"In related news, to add to the Texans woes, Big Lou pulled his hamstring while clicking on the link to this thread, although he will be needed through out the season he is determined to continue lurking in the forum. Trainers are doing all they can for him. He hopes this doesn't affect him in the post season."

Tailgate
08-11-2011, 03:02 PM
It's a lot easier to prevent hamstring injuries than to treat them. You've got to wonder about 3 RBs being bitten by the same "bug," having some common denominator somewhere (besides the heat which is not controllable). No other hammies on Texans non-RBs. And no reported hammies on any other team's RBs.:kitten:

So Doc, should we honestly really be worried at this point? There are no tears, mainly just hammys tightening and them being taken out as a precaution. So as long as they all take the proper time to heal we have plenty of time to get this sorted out before week 1 correct?

disaacks3
08-11-2011, 03:03 PM

Not exactly.

Cold weather is far more of a threat to cause hamstring and groin injuries
than warm, humid air. I suspect this probably has much more to do with the very lengthy offseason and months of relative inactivity these guys have just gone thru, which has been a concern ? VERY likely.

CloakNNNdagger
08-11-2011, 03:09 PM
So Doc, should we honestly really be worried at this point? There are no tears, mainly just hammys tightening and them being taken out as a precaution. So as long as they all take the proper time to heal we have plenty of time to get this sorted out before week 1 correct?

Depends on the "truth factor" put out by the team on what is really going on. Based on past history, do you get that warm and fuzzy or do you feel that hot poker being slowly slid up your behind again........all of us have to make our own call. I personally don't like that "familiar" feeling I'm getting.

Crushing56
08-11-2011, 03:23 PM
are they forgetting to stretch?

powda
08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
are they forgetting to stretch?

NO. They Are stretching before and after practice. They have never stretched after practice before.

On a side note - Coach Kubiak just sent me a message board pm telling me to be ready. If 1 more back gets hurt I could get a try out in camp! :thisbig:

Tailgate
08-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Depends on the "truth factor" put out by the team on what is really going on. Based on past history, do you get that warm and fuzzy or do you feel that hot poker being slowly slid up your behind again........all of us have to make our own call. I personally don't like that "familiar" feeling I'm getting.

Thanks. I am going the optimistic route this year. If what they say is true, then we should/will be fine. We are all set and stuff!

Playoffs
08-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Dang.

Our backfield is turning into a hammy sandwich.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Wb7gmBhM3z4/TAkH3X1e7aI/AAAAAAAADGY/V6F81GCGdXg/s400/ham-sandwich1.jpg

Marcus
08-11-2011, 09:47 PM
What exactly is the "proper time to heal" in training camp? Like someone else said, pulled hamstrings linger and re-aggravate.

I have a feeling opening day is going to be a joke.

MEGA SWATT
08-11-2011, 10:36 PM
great!:wadepalm: