PDA

View Full Version : PHI signs WR Steve Smith

srrono
08-10-2011, 07:16 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
Eagles agree to terms with former Giants Pro Bowl WR Steve Smith on a one-year contract.

Allstar
08-10-2011, 08:48 PM
I wonder if he and Maclin play a combined 16 games. If healthy though, watch out.

Dutchrudder
08-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Mario Manningham's stock just rose a bit, and Desean Jackson's just took a small hit.

Hookem Horns
08-11-2011, 09:57 AM
As a Giants fan ...

:wadepalm:

hobie
08-11-2011, 11:15 AM
As a Giants fan ...

:wadepalm:

As a G-men fan as well.. I think it's not that bad. He wasn't going to be ready for a while, and signing him this early not knowing when exactly he would be ready.. I understand.. he was great in the slot, but now it is time for one of the other younger guys to step up since Boss has left as well... If Eli just doesn't throw 2 dozen picks this season, I think the O will be fine !

ChampionTexan
08-11-2011, 11:54 AM
As a G-men fan as well.. I think it's not that bad. He wasn't going to be ready for a while, and signing him this early not knowing when exactly he would be ready.. I understand.. he was great in the slot, but now it is time for one of the other younger guys to step up since Boss has left as well... If Eli just doesn't throw 2 dozen picks this season, I think the O will be fine !

Actually, from what I've heard, one of the reasons that Smith got away from the Giants was because of a difference of opinion on how soon he would be ready to play. The Giants apparently felt like there was no great rush to bring him in, and the Eagles were buying into an accelerated time-table for his return.

"I think I'm pretty close," Smith said. "I think I can realistically be out there (the first month). It could be week one. You never know."

Giants coach Tom Coughlin told reporters Wednesday after meeting with Smith that he believed Smith faced a "long haul" before he could play again.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8215d841/article/newest-eagle-smith-is-pretty-close-to-return-from-knee-injury)

Obviously, at least one of the teams is wrong about when Smith will be back, so it will be interesting to see when he next takes the field, and how he performs if it turns out to be sooner as opposed to later.