PDA

View Full Version : Is the field at Reliant that bad?

prostock101
08-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Was diggin' through the insanity that is PFT and was purusing the article about how bad Soldier Field is and what should be done about it. Came across several comments about Reliant and how bad it's field is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/10/nfl-has-the-power-to-force-the-bears-to-use-fieldturf/

Is it really that bad or is it just Pats fans still pissed about Welker's ACL tear? I've always assumed that grass was somehow safer than field turf but honestly I don't know. How do the players feel about each? Should Bob yank the grass and go turf? Comments?

RTP2110
08-10-2011, 04:13 PM
I only saw two comments on Reliant's turf, and yes, they were both based off of Welker's one injury there.

Allstar
08-10-2011, 04:16 PM
I believe the biggest beef the Pats had with the grass was that a bowl game was played on the same field 3(ish) days earlier.

badboy
08-10-2011, 04:18 PM
All player comments I have heard on this has been they favor natural grass (no MJ comments!). When the injury to Welker occured and negative comments made by N.E. our players defe3nded the condition of field if I remember correctly.

TimeKiller
08-10-2011, 06:57 PM
As a member of a drum corps, I played on the field in Foxboro. If they're complaining about someone's grass it should be their own. More like a mudpit with some green spray paint on top of it. And I guess it was the guy who took care of the backyard they have, "helping" us and, "directing" us on how to move instruments across the field...that guy was ridiculous because we've all seen better grass on the side of the road.

The Texans have removable pallets of grass, which they rotate in and out of the sun. I think 2 fields worth. I met a guy who drove the forklift to move them at a game. Anyway all the fields are more than likely in better condition than the grazed over pasture (patties included) they have.

Just because Wes Welker saw Pollard and shat himself they come with their wide media influence to spread lies, back up their guy. Fine. Hate Pollard. Fine. It won't change the fact that Welker pooed himself and then hurt his knee trying to avoid getting hurt in the face.

Texan_Bill
08-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Was diggin' through the insanity that is PFT and was purusing the article about how bad Soldier Field is and what should be done about it. Came across several comments about Reliant and how bad it's field is.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/10/nfl-has-the-power-to-force-the-bears-to-use-fieldturf/

Is it really that bad or is it just Pats fans still pissed about Welker's ACL tear? I've always assumed that grass was somehow safer than field turf but honestly I don't know. How do the players feel about each? Should Bob yank the grass and go turf? Comments?

Let's put it this way, in 90 home games and a scrimmage how many Texans have blown out a knee, based on the turf??

Double Barrel
08-10-2011, 07:02 PM
Let's put it this way, in 90 home games and a scrimmage how many Texans have blown out a knee, based on the turf??

No doubt. Patriot fans just whining.

You can see the extra pallets of grass out in the orange lot, iirc. My son played at Reliant last year for the SFA v. Sam Houston game, and he said it was nice. I'll take a firsthand account over some whiney Pats fans who have never even stepped foot in our crib.

TexanSam
08-10-2011, 08:33 PM
As a member of a drum corps, I played on the field in Foxboro. If they're complaining about someone's grass it should be their own. More like a mudpit with some green spray paint on top of it. And I guess it was the guy who took care of the backyard they have, "helping" us and, "directing" us on how to move instruments across the field...that guy was ridiculous because we've all seen better grass on the side of the road.

The Texans have removable pallets of grass, which they rotate in and out of the sun. I think 2 fields worth. I met a guy who drove the forklift to move them at a game. Anyway all the fields are more than likely in better condition than the grazed over pasture (patties included) they have.

Just because Wes Welker saw Pollard and shat himself they come with their wide media influence to spread lies, back up their guy. Fine. Hate Pollard. Fine. It won't change the fact that Welker pooed himself and then hurt his knee trying to avoid getting hurt in the face.

The Pats use fieldturf now (I think) because of how crappy their grass was.

infantrycak
08-10-2011, 08:49 PM
There have been a couple player polls reported over the years and Reliant came in 1st one time and at or near the top the other. Nothing to report here.

prostock101
08-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Kinda what I figgered. Thanks for the replies.

False Start
08-10-2011, 09:00 PM
It can look bad at times, but other than those few instances, I would say its fine.

BigBull17
08-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Just mad they couldn't find a decent spot to film from.

TimeKiller
08-10-2011, 09:34 PM
The Pats use fieldturf now (I think) because of how crappy their grass was.

I think I remember something about them switching too. It was bad.

If I were the players I'd have bargained for all fields to be grass. Turf hurts.

TexanSam
08-10-2011, 11:07 PM
I think I remember something about them switching too. It was bad.

If I were the players I'd have bargained for all fields to be grass. Turf hurts.

What drum corps were you a part of? I used to be hardcore into that stuff after I graduated high school. Haven't followed it quite as closely the last few years but still enjoy it.

AnthonyE
08-10-2011, 11:56 PM
It can look bad at times, but other than those few instances, I would say its fine.

Yeah, thanks to those damn soccer games.

Dutchrudder
08-11-2011, 01:05 AM
So we can't blame Kareem Jackson's slips, trips and falls on the field? Awww shucks...