PDA

View Full Version : Chris Johnson doesn't report on time, loses season.

BigBull17
08-09-2011, 10:29 AM
@AdamSchefter

By not reporting to training camp today, Titans holdout RB Chris Johnson surrendered getting an accrued season toward free agency.

What a numb nuts. No way to win for holdouts anymore.

Section516
08-09-2011, 10:31 AM
Ahahahahhahahahahahhahaha

*GASP*

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

jaayteetx
08-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Dumbass, wouldn't his agent have educated him?

Dutchrudder
08-09-2011, 10:44 AM
lol, that guy is a colossal moron. I feel bad for people who already drafted him in fantasy leagues. Dumb dumb dumb...

Rick_Moon
08-09-2011, 10:58 AM
So he can still play this season, but now he won't get a year closer to free agency? This new CBA kicks ass!

TexanSam
08-09-2011, 11:07 AM
http://www.medcitynews.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

toronto
08-09-2011, 11:19 AM
Meh he'll eventually get his sick contract and that lost year will be a distant thought.

Hookem Horns
08-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Meh he'll eventually get his sick contract and that lost year will be a distant thought.

Exactly. However without Vince he is ineffective anyway. :)

Rey
08-09-2011, 11:57 AM
He probably doesn't want to be a Titan anymore.

Ryan
08-09-2011, 12:11 PM

can't say i blame him.

BigBull17
08-09-2011, 12:20 PM

If I were them, I would trade him anyway. RB has a short shelf life, and they are not gonna be good anytime soon. They could get a decent haul for him.

Double Barrel
08-09-2011, 12:29 PM
Goooood. :evil:

Anything that weakens our division opponents is a great thing.

Playoffs
08-09-2011, 12:52 PM
@AdamSchefter

By not reporting to training camp today, Titans holdout RB Chris Johnson surrendered getting an accrued season toward free agency.
No worries ..... gold is over $1700/ounce.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/chris-johnson.jpg

:D

thunderkyss
08-09-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't understand.

Even though he'll have played four years at the end of this season, they'll treat him as if he's only played 3?

Even if he shows up & plays from day 1 of the regular season?

Why would the players agree to that?

Dutchrudder
08-09-2011, 01:38 PM
I don't understand.

Even though he'll have played four years at the end of this season, they'll treat him as if he's only played 3?

Because holdouts are stupid and 99.9% of NFL players don't hold out. He's still on his rookie deal, he needs to play it out and then hit free agency or get an extension.

The Pencil Neck
08-09-2011, 01:39 PM
I don't understand.

That's actually been a part of the CBA for several years now. Although, I think it was later in the previous CBA, I could be wrong about that.

TimeKiller
08-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Why wouldn't you pay the only player on your roster worth a damn?

infantrycak
08-09-2011, 01:54 PM
Why wouldn't you pay the only player on your roster worth a damn?

How do we know they haven't offered a really good deal and he is demanding an unreasonable amount?

Grams
08-09-2011, 02:00 PM
He has 2 years left on his contract. Even if he plays this year, hw will still not be a FA till 2013.

Showtime100
08-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Dumbass, wouldn't his agent have educated him?

I thought the same thing until I remembered who we were talking about. Ann Sullivan Macy (aka The Mircale Worker) has been gone for decades now. :D

HOU-TEX
08-09-2011, 02:16 PM
How do we know they haven't offered a really good deal and he is demanding an unreasonable amount?

We really don't know for sure. Only what has been presented by the media. They're saying the titans will refuse to negotiate with him until he shows up to camp.

Showtime100
08-09-2011, 02:21 PM
We really don't know for sure. Only what has been presented by the media. They're saying the titans will refuse to negotiate with him until he shows up to camp.

If that is the case I think Titan brass is acting in an understandable way. IIRC he is holding out on a contract he renegotiated last year (!). I mean, enough CJ, play out the freaking thing and do what you have to do when the contract is really up.

infantrycak
08-09-2011, 02:23 PM

Right now that may be their stance but I would lay money down that between his 2000 yd season and now they have had negotiations. He has been asking for a new contract.

Blake
08-09-2011, 02:47 PM
He has 2 years left on his contract. Even if he plays this year, hw will still not be a FA till 2013.

Wont matter when he signs a huge contract that his agent is probably negotiating right now.

Ckw
08-09-2011, 03:05 PM
Right now that may be their stance but I would lay money down that between his 2000 yd season and now they have had negotiations. He has been asking for a new contract.

I thought they renegotiated last year?

Chris Johnson & Tennessee Titans Agree To New Contract For 2010 (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-19/chris-johnson-tennessee-titans-agree-to-new-contract-for-2010-nfl-season.html)

The Pencil Neck
08-09-2011, 03:17 PM

Chris Johnson & Tennessee Titans Agree To New Contract For 2010 (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-19/chris-johnson-tennessee-titans-agree-to-new-contract-for-2010-nfl-season.html)

From what I understand, they did. But for some reason, that was a really bad contract and he's not being paid that much (relatively speaking) this year. I don't know why they negotiated such a bad contract.

Blake
08-09-2011, 03:18 PM

A player can ask the team to pay him more money at anytime. CJ has to honor the contract as much as the teams honor the contracts. Zilch. CJ has the leverage. He IS their team. And he is young. This tactic doesnt work if you are old and a backup. If the Titans want any chance of winning games this year then they will have to sign CJ to more money.

Players have to strike while the iron is hot. They cant wait until they are playing well and their contract is up, because that rarely happens.

CloakNNNdagger
08-09-2011, 03:28 PM
The Titans were about 7 million under the cap at the end of last week. They've picked up Hasselbeck for 9 million. And Johnson wants about 11 million. Bud is probably having to go through therapy figuring out how he is going to get through this with his wallet in tact.:kitten:

HOU-TEX
08-09-2011, 03:29 PM

Agreed, no doubt. I remember last season he did something similar and ended up working something out (like the fellas mentioned above).

Eh, who knows what going on with them.

badboy
08-09-2011, 03:36 PM
"Stupidist thing I ever seen an athlete do." signed Ricky Williams.

"Yeah, me too!" signed Mike "ear muffin" Tyson.

El Tejano
08-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Take however long you need Chris. Take your time getting back. Dey need Chris Johnson, Chris Johnson don't need dem!

Wolf
08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Tuesday is a key date in the NFL for contract holdouts, but it won’t speed up running back Chris Johnson’s return to the Titans. He remains in Orlando working out, and indications are he still has no plans to report to training camp any time soon.

His holdout reached 11 days on Monday.

“Being he is our best player and we are getting close to the season, you try not to think about it,” safety Chris Hope said. “He is an important piece to our locomotive. But I support him and understand his point. No one blames him.”

Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson on Monday reported to his team a day before Tuesday’s deadline for earning a fourth year of service toward free agency. That date doesn’t mean anything to Johnson since he still has two years left on his contract. So he has no incentive to get a fourth year of service for free agency since his contract would still have a year remaining.
Under the new CBA, teams have had the option of fining holdouts $30,000 per day since the club’s official reporting day for training camp. But Reinfeldt was not definitive on whether the Titans have been fining Johnson and or Cortland Finnegan.
http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/tag/chris-johnson/

GP
08-10-2011, 09:52 AM
The Titans implode.

Let's list all the things that have gone wrong with them.

1. Vince Young drama, ending in VY getting released from the team.

2. Jeff Fisher has a squabble with Bud Adams. Fisher is gone.

3. First-year head coach.

4. Their best WR (Britt) is a monthly star on the TV show Cops.

5. Their new starting QB is a guy who couldn't hang with Seattle.

6. The leprechaun has left the building, taking his Lucky Charms with him.

7. Chris Johnson twitched his way out of camp, too.

8. Their defense is a shell of its former self.

Could end up being THE worst team in the NFL this year, especially if they do not have Finnegan and Chris Johnson. The team chemistry has to feel awkward right now.

The Pencil Neck
08-10-2011, 11:39 AM
The Titans implode.

Could end up being THE worst team in the NFL this year, especially if they do not have Finnegan and Chris Johnson. The team chemistry has to feel awkward right now.

I'm not counting them out, yet.

Hasselbeck can still get it done and this is his swan-song. They could be a lot tougher than people give them credit for.

I HOPE they totally implode and go TITs up but...

Dutchrudder
08-10-2011, 11:41 AM
The Titans implode.

Yep, I like their chances at getting Luck with the 1st pick in the draft next year. I think I'm the only one on this board who picked them to do so. The Titans will be 2 easy wins for the Texans this year, which is good news for us. However, if they get Luck, then we will have the next Peyton Manning in our division, which could begin the next decade of Texans suffering...

El Tejano
08-10-2011, 12:04 PM
The Titans implode.

Munchak will keep that from happening.

GP
08-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Munchak will keep that from happening.

By going out there and playing in the games himself?

If Cowher or some other vet HC was taking over that team, I might agree. And I will say that anything IS possible, I agree on that.

But man oh man, their backs are not against the wall. They are EMBEDDED into the wall.

Double Barrel
08-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I gotta' go with GP on this one. The Titans are imploding. Slug Adams is reaping what he sowed, and I hope Titans fans choke on that chicken bone of losing.

Anything is possible, but what is probable is that a first year head coach is taking over a very troubled franchise and they will continue to nosedive. Star players are unhappy, and with the way Slug operates, he's not going to get pushed around for more money. That stubborn old fool is that team's own worst enemy, and that's fine with me.

The Texans had better sweep them this year. And not just sweep, but mop them up. No way should a team under a 6th year head coach lose to a team in this state of disarray.

Shaft75
08-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I've read that the FO thought they had a contract in place and he was agreeable. When they were explaining the terms he kept nodding in agreement.

...I probably shouldn't have...

Allstar
08-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I don't think it'll be that big of a deal once he actually gets his new contract. It's not like he wants to leave the Titans anyways.

GP
08-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I've read that the FO thought they had a contract in place and he was agreeable. When they were explaining the terms he kept nodding in agreement.

...I probably shouldn't have...

My name is GP. And I approve of this post.

GP
08-10-2011, 07:21 PM
I don't think it'll be that big of a deal once he actually gets his new contract. It's not like he wants to leave the Titans anyways.

Of course he doesn't want to leave Tennessee, his teeth would REALLY stand out if he lived in any other state. Makes sense to stay.

And Arkansas doesn't have a pro team, so that state is out of the Chris Johnson sweepstakes.

gary
08-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I usually believe in a player honoring his full contract and then asking for a new one but being that most football players have short career especially short for a running back then CJ should get the most money he can while he plays. That being said, he should go to camp and discuss it like a man and maybe he has been offered a new deal but his overall ego is just getting the best of him.

edo783
08-11-2011, 01:14 AM
IIRC, they didn't negotiate a new contract last year, but did find a way to get an extra mill or so to him. The kid SHOULD be paid, but as long as he stays out and adds to the teams turmoil ..... I am all for it.

Doppelganger
08-11-2011, 07:05 AM
If I were them, I would trade him anyway. RB has a short shelf life, and they are not gonna be good anytime soon. They could get a decent haul for him.

I doubt that. While he is good, backs have a short shelf life. You can find productive backs all the time. If he was a QB, then yeah, a haul for sure. But a RB? Nah. Maybe a 3rd or 4th? Not much more.

gary
08-11-2011, 10:32 AM
If he wants to go to a winning team than losing a year towards free agency is not good for him.

HJam72
08-11-2011, 01:36 PM
The league should also make him not play for a year. :fingergun:

Playoffs
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Of course he doesn't want to leave Tennessee, his teeth would REALLY stand out if he lived in any other state. Makes sense to stay.

And Arkansas doesn't have a pro team, so that state is out of the Chris Johnson sweepstakes.

:lol: Must spread rep.

Allstar
08-11-2011, 02:15 PM
If he wants to go to a winning team than losing a year towards free agency is not good for him.

He doesn't want to go anywhere. He wants to stay in Tennessee. They put a band aid over his contract last year and promised him a new deal this year. He's holding out until that happens.

gary
08-11-2011, 02:20 PM
He doesn't want to go anywhere. He wants to stay in Tennessee. They put a band aid over his contract last year and promised him a new deal this year. He's holding out until that happens.Well, then he should show up to camp and talk things through.

ChampionTexan
08-11-2011, 05:22 PM
The Tennessee Titans are ready to make Chris Johnson the highest-paid running back in the NFL. The general manager says they just need him to show up in training camp to finalize that extension.

link (http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Titans-GM-Ready-to-Make-CJ-NFLs-Highest-Paid-RB/9621a7c8-2696-476c-aebb-328d97162b16)

Highest paid may or may not mean this year, and it also may or may not mean highest guaranteed amount, so this may or may not be meaningful.

badboy
08-12-2011, 10:13 PM
link (http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Titans-GM-Ready-to-Make-CJ-NFLs-Highest-Paid-RB/9621a7c8-2696-476c-aebb-328d97162b16)

Highest paid may or may not mean this year, and it also may or may not mean highest guaranteed amount, so this may or may not be meaningful.Player said he has not received any new offer.

The Pencil Neck
08-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Player said he has not received any new offer.

But the GM said they weren't actually going to make the offer until he came to camp.

Catch-22.

Hopefully, this goes on all season.

Showtime100
08-12-2011, 10:15 PM
But the GM said they weren't actually going to make the offer until he came to camp.

Catch-22.

Hopefully, this goes on all season.

Just getting ready to post that same thing. The Titans want a "show of good faith" by seeing him simply on the campgrounds and I'm with them on this one.

Thorn
08-12-2011, 10:27 PM
chris johnson.....OK, this reminds me, I need to schedule my 6th month dental check up today. Gotta get that gold cleaned.

Section516
08-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Chris Johnson wants top money - Period.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6864135/top-rb-money-not-enough-chris-johnson-tennessee-titans-sources-say

The Tennessee Titans' contract stalemate with holdout running back Chris Johnson shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

While the Titans publicly stated they are willing to make Johnson the highest-paid running back in the NFL, those close to Johnson believe he should be paid as one of the top playmakers in the league -- not just for running backs, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

toronto
08-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Chris Johnson wants top money - Period.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6864135/top-rb-money-not-enough-chris-johnson-tennessee-titans-sources-say

The Tennessee Titans' contract stalemate with holdout running back Chris Johnson shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

While the Titans publicly stated they are willing to make Johnson the highest-paid running back in the NFL, those close to Johnson believe he should be paid as one of the top playmakers in the league -- not just for running backs, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

He's making me puke. I have no doubt even Bud is willing to pony up $25M or 30M for him, but he's not worth Manning/Brees money. No RB is. If this is how its gonna be, then fine pal. Sit and watch your potentially incredible career rot. Last I checked, lots of SB winners out there had pedestrian RBs.

ObsiWan
08-15-2011, 04:20 PM
He's making me puke. I have no doubt even Bud is willing to pony up $25M or 30M for him, but he's not worth Manning/Brees money. No RB is. If this is how its gonna be, then fine pal. Sit and watch your potentially incredible career rot. Last I checked, lots of SB winners out there had pedestrian RBs.

why? as long as he holds out that's a weapon Tennessee won't have.
they can go at this all year as far as I'm concerned.

brakos82
08-15-2011, 04:21 PM
why? as long as he holds out that's a weapon Tennessee won't have.
they can go at this all year as far as I'm concerned.

Because he's a TEN fan.

:facepalm: ObsiWan!

ObsiWan
08-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Because he's a TEN fan.

:facepalm: ObsiWan!

Oh.
I... did not know that.
:redface:

houstonspartan
08-16-2011, 12:11 AM
This sounds like a dude who clearly no longer wants to play for a team on the decline, and wants to be traded. You'd think he'd just say "Trade me" instead of making unreasonable demands.

Yes, he deserves to be the highest paid RB.

Hell NO he doesn't deserve to be one of the highest paid players in the NFL.

This guy is clearly angling to play in New Orleans or Indianapolis or New England.

toronto
08-16-2011, 11:30 AM
This sounds like a dude who clearly no longer wants to play for a team on the decline, and wants to be traded. You'd think he'd just say "Trade me" instead of making unreasonable demands.

Yes, he deserves to be the highest paid RB.

Hell NO he doesn't deserve to be one of the highest paid players in the NFL.

This guy is clearly angling to play in New Orleans or Indianapolis or New England.

And guess what? Those teams arent stupid enough to pay him that idiotic kind of money. Name me one RB in any of those 3 cities that made a fortune outside Bush's rookie bonus. The Colts cut Edgerrin James rather than re-up him, and keep drafting heirs to RBs (Addai, Mike Hart) to keep that position cheap.

He can always try the Raiders, they love speed and overpaying.

Double Barrel
08-16-2011, 11:51 AM
, those close to Johnson believe he should be paid as one of the top playmakers in the league

I agree completely! Matter-of-fact, he should stick to his guns and hold out indefinitely until he gets his way! :evil:

Ole Miss Texan
08-16-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree completely! Matter-of-fact, he should stick to his guns and hold out indefinitely until he gets his way! :evil:

I agree! I hope he holds out as long as possible that it effects his play and that of the titans this season. I hope he either gets traded (unlikely) out of our division.... or the Titans sign him to a crazy deal that ends up getting them in cap hell in a couple years!!:evil:

Blake
08-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Its good to see a player have the ability and leverage to force a club to honor their agreement. The only reason they want him to come in is so they can talk him into taking less money than he told his agent to get.

GlassHalfFull
08-23-2011, 02:07 PM
Chris Johnson’s contract situation is not getting better (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chris-Johnson-8217-s-contract-situation-is-not-?urn=nfl-wp5553)

For those of you who would like to see Chris Johnson run the football on an NFL field this year, I'm afraid things aren't looking good.
Larry Fitzgerald's new deal likely squashed any notion Johnson had of taking a more modest contract. The Titans general manager says there's no point in even making Johnson an offer. And the owner of the franchise says that life's too short to deal with Johnson "with the way he's acting."
But other than that, I think things are going really well.
It's officially time to start pushing Johnson down your fantasy draft boards. The Titans season starts in 20 days, and they're moving further and further apart. Anyone have any reason to believe that things between Johnson and the team will become less frosty in the next couple of weeks?
Here's more from Titans owner Bud Adams (via TitanInsider):
"I'm not gonna make any offer with the way he's acting. Life's too short," Adams said.

:worthless: Oh Wait!!! wrong emoticon.

:spit: That is the one I needed.

Double Barrel
08-23-2011, 02:50 PM
"I'm not gonna make any offer with the way he's acting. Life's too short," Adams said.

They forgot the rest of the quote: "....and money is too sweet. Oh lordy, sweet, sweet money!"

http://cltampa.com/imager/boss_hogg/b/original/2114893/9c5f/boss_hogg.jpg

HOU-TEX
08-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Sure would suck to be the person that drafted him for their FF team.

GlassHalfFull
08-23-2011, 03:00 PM
They forgot the rest of the quote: "....and money is too sweet. Oh lordy, sweet, sweet money!"

LOL, I knew DB couldn't resist that hanging curveball from Bud.

gary
08-23-2011, 03:01 PM
At this point he should report to the team and just let the season play out. Why risk another Pro Bowl season?

Thorn
08-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Damn, Chris Johnson is about all that team has going for them on offense. With the Titans and Jags in the shape they are in, we could take 2nd place with another 7-9 record. :lol:

Ckw
08-23-2011, 05:39 PM
http://d0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/chris-johnson-gold-teeth.jpg?w=594

cuppacoffee
08-23-2011, 06:10 PM
http://d0inw0rk.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/chris-johnson-gold-teeth.jpg?w=594

Guy doesn't need a raise.

See the price of gold lately?

:coffee:

Texans34Life
08-30-2011, 10:19 AM
JasonColeYahoo
CJ wants $12m/yr, $30m guar. Tenn thinks $8m/yr, $20m @greyraven41: @JasonColeYahoo need to know what CJ and Titans numbers are. Do u know?

ensign_lee
08-30-2011, 06:16 PM
To be fair, Chris Johnson is one of the lowest paid running backs in the league, definitely near the bottom in terms of starting RBs. They are EXTREMELY lowballing him if htey want him to continue on his current contract.

And with the shelf life of RBs, I can't say I blame Johnson. He needs to get his money while the getting is good. Remember Dominick Davis? He was earning more money than CJ is earning now. And his career was tragically cut short by injury.

thunderkyss
08-30-2011, 06:58 PM
To be fair, Chris Johnson is one of the lowest paid running backs in the league, definitely near the bottom in terms of starting RBs. They are EXTREMELY lowballing him if htey want him to continue on his current contract.

And with the shelf life of RBs, I can't say I blame Johnson. He needs to get his money while the getting is good. Remember Dominick Davis? He was earning more money than CJ is earning now. And his career was tragically cut short by injury.

So.... what was the point of last years' hold out?

Pantherstang84
08-30-2011, 07:00 PM

I agree he needs to hold out as long as necessary. I'm thinking late December would be a good time for both sides to reach an agreement.

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2011, 07:03 PM

:spit::spit:Must spread the rep

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Poor Bud spent all of his money supporting his failed VY thing. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't go back into his classic Oilers mode.......Dollars in MY pocket is so much better than pennies in your pocket...........

michaelm
08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Lol, tweet by Chris Johnson:

Can these fake Titan fans STFU on my timeline I don't have a regular job so don't compare me to you and I can care less if uthink I'm greedy

toronto
08-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Lol, tweet by Chris Johnson:

I got 5 bucks that says CJ plays week 1, with a new contract rich enough that he can go to Fort Knox and ensure his teeth stay shiny for life.

Vinny
08-31-2011, 03:52 PM
I think he isn't worried about his accrued season, because he knows he is signing with the team and is just skipping camp. It's like when Mike Rozier held out. A few extra weeks of not running or getting hit, smoking 5 packs a day (substitute your substance of choice for CJ) were worth it to him. He's getting paid and everyone knows it.

I'm really not sure how much Mike Rozier has to do with anything, but I had to get that out of my system. Flushing the pipes or something.

HOU-TEX
08-31-2011, 05:03 PM
I think he isn't worried about his accrued season, because he knows he is signing with the team and is just skipping camp. It's like when Mike Rozier held out. A few extra weeks of not running or getting hit, smoking 5 packs a day (substitute your substance of choice for CJ) were worth it to him. He's getting paid and everyone knows it.

I'm really not sure how much Mike Rozier has to do with anything, but I had to get that out of my system. Flushing the pipes or something.

I had ankle surgery right next to Rozier while he was getting his done. We were drugged up at the same time and all I remember was laughing at him. I guess he was funny.

Ok, back on topic

CJ's a moron, but he's their franchise and will get paid

Wolf
08-31-2011, 05:32 PM
If you was a real fan my tweet would not bother you it only make the fake fans upset

NickTheTitan Nicholas Brown
@
@ChrisJohnson28 real fans care about the whole team, not just one player. Real players care about the whole team too instead of themselves.

ALLDAYPUENTE Andrew Puente
@
@ChrisJohnson28 if you knew how to spend your money you should be living fine with the money they offer you #dumbass

ChrisJohnson28 Chris Johnson
My titan fans taking it all wrong I'm talking to the ones writing me racist Comments. I'm not call the Titan fans fake at all. #LUV

http://twitter.com/#!/chrisjohnson28

toronto
08-31-2011, 06:25 PM
I forget who said it (think it was Peter King) but felt this holdout was a lot like the ones Walter Jones pulled, and like Rozier, it was to avoid camp.

TEXANRED
08-31-2011, 06:37 PM

First, wow, Vinny is back.

Second, wow, a Mike Rozier reference.

Welcome back.

NitroGSXR
09-01-2011, 01:19 PM
He just got paid per NFL.com. 55 million/4 years.

toronto
09-01-2011, 01:21 PM
He just got paid per NFL.com. 55 million/4 years.

$30M guaranteed. About what I figured he'd get. And he avoided training camp. Maybe he isn't as dumb as he looks.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Chris Johnson agrees to terms on $53.5 million contract
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 1, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Chris Johnson AP

Chris Johnson’s holdout ended in the most predictable way possible. He’s back in the fold 10 days before the regular season starts. Right on schedule.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean first reported and PFT’s Mike Florio can confirm that Johnson agreed to a four-year,$53.5 million contract extension. $30 million is guaranteed. Some of the guaranteed money is for injury, and some for skill. $53.5 million is the new money. Part of the guarantee tranfers to injury on the first day of a given league year.

In the end, Johnson essentially got the guaranteed money and per-year dollars he was looking for. The Titans didn’t have to pay him Larry Fitzgerald money or completely break the running back mold.

This should give Johnson enough time to be ready for Week One. It should also give Adrian Peterson a starting point for negotiations of his next contract.

Grams
09-01-2011, 01:49 PM
30 Mill guaranteed over 6 years total - sounds like 5 mill a year

or 30 mill over the 4 years of the extention - is 7.5 mill a year

far cry from the 12 mill he wanted

Blake
09-01-2011, 03:36 PM
30 Mill guaranteed over 6 years total - sounds like 5 mill a year

or 30 mill over the 4 years of the extention - is 7.5 mill a year

far cry from the 12 mill he wanted

Chris Johnson will earn $31 million over the next three years under his new contract.
For comparison's sake, DeAngelo Williams will make $30 million in the first years of his deal. Originally due to collect less than a $1 million this year, Johnson will take home $13 million, followed by $8 million in 2012 and $10 million in 2013. All but $1 million is guaranteed. Don't look for him to be uniform Thursday night. CJ2K is not playing in New Orleans for the preseason finale

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4743/chris-johnson

Grams
09-01-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't care how they break it down with what paid out in what year.

I am just looking at it as 30 mill guaranteed - and it was 4 years added to the end of the 2 years he has left

to me that is 30 mill over 6 years - 5 mill a year avg

Blake
09-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Did anyone notice his new contract is basically the same as Mario's coming out of college in 2006?

6 years 54 million.

Blake
09-01-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't care how they break it down with what paid out in what year.

I am just looking at it as 30 mill guaranteed - and it was 4 years added to the end of the 2 years he has left

to me that is 30 mill over 6 years - 5 mill a year avg

You are ignoring base salary. He will be getting paid roughly 13 million a year.

Thorn
09-01-2011, 04:28 PM
And this is why I don't financially support the NFL by buying tickets or going to the games. They are lucky I actually bought a baseball cap once.

Players make to much, owners squeeze the ticket buyers for it, and the TV announcers are about as intelligent as a retarded lizard.

And channel 13 still has a contract for broadcasting the preseason Texans games.

Double Barrel
09-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm so disappointed in Bud right now. I was sure that his senility would extend this holdout when mixed with his stubbornness. Is anyone sure that his carcass has not been turned into an animatronics machine and someone else is making the decisions??

thunderkyss
09-01-2011, 05:22 PM
And this is why I don't financially support the NFL by buying tickets or going to the games. They are lucky I actually bought a baseball cap once.

Players make to much, owners squeeze the ticket buyers for it, and the TV announcers are about as intelligent as a retarded lizard.

And channel 13 still has a contract for broadcasting the preseason Texans games.

You go girl

Blake
09-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Wont matter when he signs a huge contract that his agent is probably negotiating right now.

Check-mate.

Showtime100
09-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Isn't it funny how players always seem to come to terms or go to jail (Cedric Benson) juuuuust when it makes them miss the dreaded preseason (or the rest of it, in Ced's case).

Btw, two counts of misdemeanor assault, and he goes away for a week - at his choosing?? That ain't effing right

edo783
09-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Btw, two counts of misdemeanor assault, and he goes away for a week - at his choosing?? That ain't effing right

It was in Austin and he played for UT ..... go figure.

GlassHalfFull
09-26-2011, 10:53 PM
2011 Regular Season 48 rushes for 98 yds. ave 2.1 long 9 TD's 0

I wonder if Bud is happy with the results of the contract so far this season.

Wolf
11-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Plus, Chris Johnson had one of the worst games of his career in what has already been a hugely disappointing season. He followed up a 130-yard effort against Carolina with a season-low 13 yards on 12 carries, his longest gain going for only 6 yards.

“You go back to the last game and I got 130 and everything was good,” Johnson said. “You come back to this game and nothing is working. It goes back to the offense not executing, not being consistent.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AvKsU.4KhAgeZefbyo6CcCo5nYcB?gid=201111 20001

toronto
11-21-2011, 06:45 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AvKsU.4KhAgeZefbyo6CcCo5nYcB?gid=201111 20001

I am about as neutral as it gets on CJ, and I will tell you, that yesterday alone? every time he got the ball there were Falcon defenders in the backfield literally off the snap. The Titans' offensive line, long a major strength, is now a liability.

Playoffs
02-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Apparently he showed up out of shape.

It is unlikely that Titans RB Chris Johnson won't improve upon his lackluster 2011 campaign, the way we hear it. The biggest thing going for Johnson will be a full offseason working with the team. A team source recently indicated that Johnson's conditioning played as large of a role in his poor performance last season as anything. Although the team's blocking wasn't great and other factors contributed, we hear he simply was out of shape until the second half, when he strung a few solid games together, albeit against poor defenses.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/02/18/wayne-could-replace-jackson-in-san-diego

infantrycak
02-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Apparently he showed up out of shape.

It is unlikely that Titans RB Chris Johnson won't improve upon his lackluster 2011 campaign, the way we hear it. The biggest thing going for Johnson will be a full offseason working with the team. A team source recently indicated that Johnson's conditioning played as large of a role in his poor performance last season as anything. Although the team's blocking wasn't great and other factors contributed, we hear he simply was out of shape until the second half, when he strung a few solid games together, albeit against poor defenses.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/02/18/wayne-could-replace-jackson-in-san-diego

Not buying that excuse. He ended the season with four games in which his high water mark was 61 yards against a coasting Texans. He wasn't finding his stride to end the season as he got in shape.

gtexan02
02-20-2012, 10:51 AM
I agree^

CJs main problem last season was "he got paid"

Texecutioner
02-20-2012, 10:30 PM
Not buying that excuse. He ended the season with four games in which his high water mark was 61 yards against a coasting Texans. He wasn't finding his stride to end the season as he got in shape.

I think he doesn't care as much. He was to dominant to have lost that much. He clearly wasn't running with the same type of passion and intensity.

gtexan02
09-09-2012, 09:03 PM
11 rushes for 4 yards.
Looks like CJs still enjoying his payday from last year.

What an epic collapse his career has seen since the holdout

GP
09-09-2012, 10:53 PM
He'll have an occasionally great game, but 80% of the time he's going to have bad stats and look very ordinary.

The Titans coach, can't remember which one (maybe the RB coach) the last week or two was saying how 'CJ has that look in his eye, he's back..' blah blah blah. I was like, 'whatever.' Look at him today: FOUR YARDS. Pathetic.

Double Barrel
09-10-2012, 02:00 PM
11 rushes for 4 yards.
Looks like CJs still enjoying his payday from last year.

What an epic collapse his career has seen since the holdout

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/26443388.jpg