PDA

View Full Version : Matt Schaub about to be on ESPN 1st Take

Kimmy
08-09-2011, 09:01 AM
For those who can watch. For those who can't, I'll post a recap

BetaV1
08-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the heads up! Watching and waiting.

Ole Miss Texan
08-09-2011, 09:58 AM
For those who can watch. For those who can't, I'll post a recap
57 minutes ago...
Thanks for the heads up! Watching and waiting.
43 minutes ago...

What's going on?!!

Kimmy
08-09-2011, 10:04 AM
57 minutes ago...

43 minutes ago...

What's going on?!!

Still waiting :foottap:

Ole Miss Texan
08-09-2011, 10:08 AM

:Tumblewee

Cjeremy635
08-09-2011, 10:11 AM

I think you were bluffing!

http://www.onlinepokerlowdown.com/images/bluff.jpg

Kimmy
08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
I think you were bluffing!

http://www.onlinepokerlowdown.com/images/bluff.jpg

LOL Nope, I think they have him at the end to allow TC practice to be over. I'm going to record & post the vid, then transcribe for Nitro :) Promise!!

Yankee_In_TX
08-09-2011, 10:57 AM
I was watching at the gym, but had to head to work before he was on :(

Kimmy
08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Here is part 1 - part two coming up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2TidbCI1pU

Kimmy
08-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Part Two (I guess his Twitter is legit??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hdKa2yX5y8

hobie
08-09-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks Kimmy... !! ^^^^^

BetaV1
08-09-2011, 11:21 AM
"Matt, if you were an ice cream cone, what flavor would you be?"

MistaRed
08-09-2011, 11:30 AM
"Matt, if you were an ice cream cone, what flavor would you be?"

Did they really ask him that? SMH ESPN is the worst.

BetaV1
08-09-2011, 11:34 AM
Haha. No. The first few questions asked were legit. Asked Schaub about the new defense and what he's seen so far, Andre's injury, etc. The second half questions...not so much. Just about his golf game.

Kimmy
08-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Montage of Texan highlights with various callers

"A 2010 season that started with talk of the Texans being playoff contenders ended in disappointment. Just 2 wins out of their last 10 games for a 6 & 10 season tally, one giant step back for a franchise that seemed to be on the way up. So what was the problem in Houston? The offense ranked 3rd in yards per game, 4th in passing yards per game and included the leagues leading rusher in Arian Foster. The defense ranked 29th in points per game, 30th in total yards per game and last in passing yards per game. So you be the judge. Here with more Texans talk is the guy who runs it on the field, quaterback Matt Schaub."

"Matt, I know it's easy for me to access blame with just the numbers, I know your head coach Gary Kubiak sort of gave a shot at looking back at those last 10 games before the season started with training camp. What did you take away from that as he was pointing out how you lost some of those games?"

Matt - Well just being more consistent as a football team, I feel like there were plenty of games where in all 3 phases we didn't play consistently well and if we can start fast and finish the game strong, then we'll be in position to do some good things. Last year we just weren't consistent enough across the board. Offense & defense, especially to go ahead and finish off some of those games, those tight games where it comes down to one play and more often than not, we were on that short list.

Andrea - And you had 5 games specifically where it came down to one play. Two of those games you had interceptions that you had thrown. When you're sitting there as a quarterback in that room and your head coach is saying that, what goes through your mind?

Matt - Sigh, I've got to be better. You know, against the Ravens we fought all the way back to tie the game and win in overtime and then that mistake down there, backed up on our own end in overtime and uh, in Denver in week 16 having a tipped ball in the two minute drill and we're going down to kick the game winning field goal and gave the game away right there. So it hurts when you could have done something to win the game for your team.

Andrea - I mentioned something of the defensive numbers and obviously the defense needed improvement, Kubiak said that he is pleasantly surprised with the progress of the defense under Wade Phillips. You've gone up against it a little bit now with training camp just getting under way. How would you describe what you've seen defensively from the team?

Matt - Oh I love it! There's a ton of competition over there, a lot of new guys, new faces coming in to try and help us, a lot of young guys that are rising to the challenge, I like the scheme, I like what they're doing and they're really coming together and really uh, playing as a group and playing hard, playing fast and they're making us better on our side of the ball and likewise I feel like we're making them better on their side of the ball from all the stuff we do formationally and with our pass game. I think in the end, we're all gonna be better players.

Andrea - You mentioned the passing game, so it's like two people I want to go to, from the passing game standpoint right now just looking back getting Andre Johnson back into practice after he misses a couple with a dislocated finger, how does he look since he's been back?

Matt - Oh he's a (??) Andre is Andre, he's gonna be there ready to go for his team, but uh, we had a little setback with the finger, he's feeling much better, looking good, strong, so its good to have him at 100% and having Owen Daniels here at the start of camp, 100% unlike last year when he was coming back from injury. It's great to have him here, healthy now, too.

Andrea - And Jonathan Joseph one of the free agent acquisitions you guys picked up on defense, someone now who can challenge an Andre Johnson. What has Joseph brought so far?

Matt - You know I think he's looked really good. He's a real talented guy, real smart in pass coverage and um what offenses are trying to do against certain looks and uh so he's very uh, good cover corner. He's a guy we needed so I like what's he's bringing to that side of the ball for us.

Andrea - Arian Foster said that his hamstring is no big deal, what do you think?

Matt - Well obviously he knows his body, I can't speak on that topic. I know one thing that he's gonna be there for us and be ready to go and produce like he did last year. You know uh we expect big things out of him, as he does for himself. So I fully expect him to be ready, he had a great off season so, we're looking forward to seeing big things from him again.

That was it for the football talk. They started talking about golf. His favorite course, who was better him or his wife, then his top four golf team.

Kimmy
08-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Montage of Texan highlights with various callers
"Matt, I know it's easy for me to access blame with just the numbers, I know your head coach Gary Kubiak sort of gave a shot at looking back at those last 10 games before the season started with training camp. What did you take away from that as he was pointing out how you lost some of those games?"

Matt - Well just being more consistent as a football team, I feel like there were plenty of games where in all 3 phases we didn't play consistently well and if we can start fast and finish the game strong, then we'll be in position to do some good things. Last year we just weren't consistent enough across the board. Offense & defense, especially to go ahead and finish off some of those games, those tight games where it comes down to one play and more often than not, we were on that short list.

This is what has kept my excitement down for the season this year. I just don't know if I can handle another year of "consistency" quotes.

HTown2ATX
08-09-2011, 12:35 PM
This is what has kept my excitement down for the season this year. I just don't know if I can handle another year of "consistency" quotes.

LMAO

Or that old post game gem "It's on me" and don't forget "We've got great kids out there" also the "we'll keep batteling" and my personal favorite that had me damn near breaking my TV after game after game of our DB's getting smoked so bad that Phillip Buchanon seemed like a baller and we all wanted change but all we heard was "We'll stick with what we've got".

Man that last quote....damn....if there was ever anything that would make me so frustrated as to run around the streets throwing fecal matter, that was it.

Would rep you, but already did :)

drs23
08-09-2011, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=Kimmy;1747178]Montage of Texan highlights with various callers

Thanks for posting the transcript Kimmy.

MSR!

badboy
08-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Here is the interview I want

Andrea: "So Matt how does it feel to lose so many games by one play?"

Matt (Snarling): "Start the game clock and give me the ball!!"