PDA

View Full Version : Owen Daniels!

Nawzer
08-07-2011, 01:02 PM
It's Sunday morning (for 5 more minutes at least) and I feel really excited about Owen Daniels. I feel as though he's been overlooked a bit by the fans this offseason, but this guy is clearly one of the top tight ends if not the top one in the league. When he got injured in 09 he was on his way to becoming an All-Pro at his position and he was just playing lights out. Hopefully, he'll finally have the kind of season like he was on pace for back in 09. So yeah, I think OD will finally have that huge year he's due and I think he'll play a big factor if we are to make the playoffs this year. :fans:

TheMatrix31
08-07-2011, 01:50 PM
His presence is critical.

ThaShark316
08-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Like I said 5 months ago when there was talk about not bringing him back:

Offense hasn't been the same since week 10 of 2009. OD is that dude.

SheTexan
08-07-2011, 02:53 PM
I was at the Bills game when OD got injured, and I've never seen a more devestated player! His heart is HUGE and he gives 1000% all the time! He has that aura about him, like AJ, that screams confidence, and that's what is needed to win in the NFL.

badboy
08-07-2011, 03:00 PM
I am very optimistic that OD will return to his pre-injury abilities. I am a big fan. However, if he can not, Dreesen is quite capable of being the starting TE. This is becoming the team with depth we have longged for.

TheMatrix31
08-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Like I said 5 months ago when there was talk about not bringing him back:

Offense hasn't been the same since week 10 of 2009. OD is that dude.

Yep.

Nawzer
08-07-2011, 03:17 PM
I am very optimistic that OD will return to his pre-injury abilities. I am a big fan. However, if he can not, Dreesen is quite capable of being the starting TE. This is becoming the team with depth we have longged for.

Dressen improved a lot last season, but OD just has that ability that only star players do. He has that presence in the offense and him making those big plays over the middle is a great asset for the team.

Rey
08-07-2011, 03:35 PM
I was extremely high on OD when we first got him. I think that I began to take him for granted.

He is a beast in every sense of the word. With he and dreesen, we could really give defenses fits in a two tight set.

With vickers and Casey at the fb spot it opens the possibility to pass or run out of that formation tremendously. If you leave vickers or Casey wide open they may pick up 20 yards instead of 8.

But yeah, all of that starts with od.

hradhak
08-07-2011, 03:39 PM
There was a game last season (San Diego maybe) where we were coming back from behind (as was the script last year) where an entire drive was to OD. I remember him being so incredibly open on every play of that drive, which I never saw Dreesen being able to do. I'm hopeful that he's able to bring that every game this year. I see him being in the top 5 in tight ends again now that he's conditioned.

Texanfan4ever
08-07-2011, 03:41 PM
OD for President!!!LOL. He's been my favorite! If they had womens jerseys with his number on it, I'd be all over it! Just have men's as far as. Know!

b0ng
08-07-2011, 03:49 PM
OD for President!!!LOL. He's been my favorite! If they had womens jerseys with his number on it, I'd be all over it! Just have men's as far as. Know!
Get it custom made (like my wife did).]

Texanfan4ever
08-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Oh good idea! Duh! Can't believe i didn't think of that! Thanks for helping! :)

spurstexanstros
08-07-2011, 07:23 PM
They call him Open Daniels cause he always seems to get open.

Texanfan4ever
08-07-2011, 07:57 PM

LOVE IT!!!!!! He's a beast! Great athlete!

b0ng
08-07-2011, 08:06 PM

His nickname from Wisconsin is The Weatherman, and I personally like that one much better.

(He has a meteorology degree).

eriadoc
08-07-2011, 08:46 PM
I was extremely high on OD when we first got him. I think that I began to take him for granted.

He is a beast in every sense of the word. With he and dreesen, we could really give defenses fits in a two tight set.

With vickers and Casey at the fb spot it opens the possibility to pass or run out of that formation tremendously. If you leave vickers or Casey wide open they may pick up 20 yards instead of 8.

But yeah, all of that starts with od.

Props for recognizing and admitting that. I think people forget how good he is and how valuable he is to this offense, as evidenced by many of the threads posted around the time of his contract negotiations.

MEGA SWATT
08-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Yes, OD is the real deal.:bravo:

TheRealJoker
08-07-2011, 11:51 PM
I'm interested to see where Garrett Graham aka OD jr fits in this season.

Rey
08-08-2011, 03:10 AM
Props for recognizing and admitting that. I think people forget how good he is and how valuable he is to this offense, as evidenced by many of the threads posted around the time of his contract negotiations.

To be fair, od has really just started showing that he's back from his injury. Couple that with the fact he's had the same kind if injury two times before and surely you can see why some folks started devaluing him.

Or in my case, had forgotten just how good he is when he's on.

TimeKiller
08-08-2011, 10:15 AM
His nickname from Wisconsin is The Weatherman, and I personally like that one much better.

Well, between the Rainmaker and the Weatherman, there should be plenty of dark skies ahead for opposing defenses.

houstonspartan
08-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Fans have overlooked Owen Daniels? Which fans?

I have been saying for the last few years that he's a key part of this team. When he went down, I sent message to a friend: "We're f----d." My friend responded that TE is a basic position and we will be fine.

No, we we'ren't fine. When it comes to OD, Tight end isn't a plug-and-play position. He and Matt have a connection. That is evident on the field.

Owen Daniels is a VERY important part of this team.

Nawzer
08-08-2011, 11:26 AM

I have been saying for the last few years that he's a key part of this team. When he went down, I sent message to a friend: "We're f----d." My friend responded that TE is a basic position and we will be fine.

No, we we'ren't fine. When it comes to OD, Tight end isn't a plug-and-play position. He and Matt have a connection. That is evident on the field.

You're absolutely right about OD's importance to this team. But my point was that with all the talk surrounding the secondary and the defense in general, OD has been overlooked a bit. It's understandable because we were historically bad on defense last year so people will focus on that area most of the time. But OD is an integral part of this team and the connection he has with Schaub is extremely valuable and essential for us if we are to make the playoffs this year.

Rey
08-08-2011, 12:09 PM

When od went out we missed him, but dreesen wasn't exactly chopped liver.

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2011, 12:31 PM
I love Dreessen. Matt has said that he loves Dreessen because he works hard and he's always in the place he's supposed to be. That sort of consistency is very important.

But Dreessen is a pale, pale comparison to Owen Daniels. Owen, in this offense and healthy, is the best TE in the business. Bar none. When we have Owen and Andre and Matt on the field together and healthy, this passing offense clicks and it makes all the other receivers look better than they are. Combine that with a running game (Foster, Tate, and Ward), and this offense cannot be stopped. At least, not for long.

I'm hoping that Garrett Graham steps up and over Dreessen and becomes OD#2 forcing Dreessen into the #3 TE position.

mussop
08-08-2011, 12:46 PM
It would be unbelievable if we were to win the super-bowl this year. It would be a MIRACLE if OD was not a MAJOR factor in us winning it.

SheTexan
08-08-2011, 01:16 PM

Sure wish he'd work some of his magic on the weather here! I'm SICK of all this heat. Come on OD!! Bring on the RAIN!!! :thankyou:

TexanBacker93
08-08-2011, 02:08 PM
I have no doubt that the season would have ended with a playoff appearance, at least. As it was we missed out because the Colts turned off the motor at halftime to let the Jets get in instead of us. I will go to my grave with the belief that the Colts wanted to see us in the playoffs about as much as the Browns enjoyed visiting with the Broncos back in the 80s.

We were 5-3 after the Bills game and went on to lose 4 straight close contests against division opponenets. With him I say we win the 2 home games at least. We finish 11-5 and get the #1 wildcard spot. I think the Colts beat the Jets in that last game so they finish with the #1 seed. We would have played a Pats team that we had just beaten and had lost its 2nd best receiver. It would have been in Foxboro, but that wouldn't have changed the outcome. Texans win again.

Now it's on to the Divisional Round. I think the Bengals beat the Ravens since they had swept them in the regular season. This means we play the Colts. In this new O.D. healthy scenario we won the game in Houston and almost won the game in Indy. We have the offense capable of keeping up with them. Plus, in the final 2 games of the regular season we gave some UDFA kid named Foster the starts. We all know what kind of destruction he had in plans when he played Indy next...so...... the Texans march into Indy and knock off the Colts.

Time to play for the AFC Championship. The Bengals lost to the Chargers in the regular season so I see no reason to change now. My run ends here, though. I don't think we would win on the road in S.D. That was a great team that year. They were actually a great team last year except for all the special teams issues.

Still, how much better would our lives be without that injury? OK. Maybe our lives wouldn't be affected, but imagine the 2010 season with O.D. healthy for the whole season. We would have been picking later and maybe we end up with McCourty instead of Jackson. A lot of his success could have been because he was in a better system, though. Making that kind of playoff run gives you confidence. Look at the Jets. They've done it twice now. I can't think of a bigger bunch of confident jack#$@es. So we take that and actually win 4 or 5 of those games that we lost (SD, Jax, Jets, Bal, Den). We win the division and host the Jets and win in front of the loudest game ever to be played in Reliant Stadium. We then would travel to Foxboro and I don't think the karma will continue for that year. The Pats beat us.

So...that injury cost us 5 playoff games including our first ever home game. At least that's how I see it in my universe.

Blake
08-08-2011, 02:10 PM

He also likes to MAKE IT RAIN!!!
http://crackopenacoldone.sportsblognet.com/files/2011/02/fat-joe-make-it-rain.jpg

Wolf6151
08-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm interested to see where Garrett Graham aka OD jr fits in this season.

I'm eager to see this as well especially after all the great comments by Kubiak last year. I want to see if this guy is worth the draft pick.

I like OD but I'm cautious about him due to his injury history. I was against OD's contract extension since Dreesen does a fine job replacing OD.

Ryan
08-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Dreesen is a fine player and i havbe absolutely no faults with him at all. But, it's clearly obvious how much better this offense is with a healthy OD on the field and i think last year could have been so much different had he really been 100% all year, despite our atrocious defense,