PDA

View Full Version : I think i'm drunk on texans koolaid.

EllisUnit
08-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Let this thread not be for ALL the negative TT.com Posters.

Even though we only signed 2 big name FA players. We fixed what needed to be fixed, we have a new PROVEN D.C we have our same explosive offense returning. minus Leach plus Vickers.

The colts have dont nothing, the jags are still the jags "a hail merry wont save them this time". And the titans look like Finnegan while he was getting smacked around by A.J.

I have always been excited about the start of the season, but never this excited "i feel like a kid going to sleep on Christmas eve". We all know what potential this team has. And how far they can go.

I seriously see a deep play-off run for this team "is it the koolaid talking" :glasshalffull: maybe but damn it feels good.

My wife asks me why do you love a loser so much, dont you get tired of watching them lose. I tell her that its amazing to love something so much that you cant control, and yes the texans lose a lot but there will come a day when they dont lose anymore and i will have seen it all the ups and down. That makes it more special.

BSofA04
08-07-2011, 11:55 AM
:bravo:

I think the condensing of the offseason into one week, and than having the Texans so active in free agency for that one week has caused many Texan fans, including myself, to wonder if this is actually our year.

However, my relationship with this team has caused me to become suspect of their sweet-talk until they show me a damn ring!!

kbourda
08-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Well, I can see the excitement building and it is out of the "norm" for the Texans front office to be so aggressive when it comes to free agents. However, I think it is appropriate to channel expectations unit we see the product on the field and throughout the season. I've been a Texans fan long enough to know to stay out of the prediction/expectation when it comes to this team.

HJam72
08-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Personally, I DO think it's time to get excited, BUT there's always injuries...

There's also the fact that our new D may need a year to gel and just how much better will they be the first half of this season, etc...

I think it mostly depends on the health of our starters throughout the season and playoffs (YES, I said playoffs). :fans:

Having said that, God bless Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub!!! (and a couple of new DBs)!!!

Carr Bombed
08-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Well, I can see the excitement building and it is out of the "norm" for the Texans front office to be so aggressive when it comes to free agents. However, I think it is appropriate to channel expectations unit we see the product on the field and throughout the season. I've been a Texans fan long enough to know to stay out of the prediction/expectation when it comes to this team.

Sad but true. :)

The Pencil Neck
08-07-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm one of the sunshine guys. I love the moves the FO has made this year. I think they've had a great draft and they've made most of the moves I wanted them to make in FA.

But I gotta see it on the field.

I have to see this team start off with a better than 5-7 record before I go hog-wild.

With that said, I love the team and I have high hopes. But I've been a Houston Oiler/Texan fan for as far back as I can remember and I've been disappointed once or twice before.

Wolf
08-07-2011, 02:31 PM
http://www.isledegrande.com/sunshine-sunglasses-clpart.jpg

SheTexan
08-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Part of loving the game of football is simply BELIEVING in good things to come! That's the way it starts out every season for me. If I focused on the negatives all the time, I would HATE this game, and probably our football team. Thankfully, I'm one of the few who can leave the past alone and focus on the future. SO, right now, on August 7th, 2011, I BELIEVE our Texans can wake up the football world, make tongues wag, make believers out of NONbelievers, make all those Cowboy fans out there wish they had jumped on the Texans bandwagon, give the freaking media NO reason to say negative things about us, and MOST of all, believe that on Feb 5th, 2012 I'll witness AJ and Meco holding up the Lombardi with a huge smile on their face! It's my choice to believe that will happen! If it doesn't, I will shed a few tears, read this MB everyday, and hope like the rest of you diehards, that SOMEDAY our wish will come true! I know, sounds sappy, but, has done well for me for almost 60 yrs, so I think I'll just keep on believing!!

Rey
08-07-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm really feeling good about this season and most of it stems from wade, jj watts, Mario and j Jo.

i think that there will be a noticeable infusion of speed and talent in the secondary. I love manning and Quinn at the safety spots. I love that wade brings a functional defense to town. I love jj watts. I think he may end up being the best player on defense and quite possibly the best player taken in the draft. Didn't pay much attention to him in college, but the more I've seen the more I have realized just how talented the guy is. Then you mix in his intelligence and his work ethic and I believe its a wrap.

I think Mario will have at least 14 sacks this year.

But I've never felt this kind of confidence heading into a Texan season. I've been excited before, I've thought we had a good chance to win games before. But I've never felt this level of confidence.

We have every ingredient needed to beat anybody in the NFL. Now we just have to go out on the field and prove it and I can't wait.

GP
08-07-2011, 02:45 PM
On paper, we're probably Top 10, maybe even Top 5 out of all teams.

I'd say the Jets look pretty damn scary on paper right now. Team 1.

The Eagles likewise. Team 2.

Then a mix of Steelers, Pats, Ravens at spots 3, 4 and 5.

I think we're somewhere there, at spot 5 or up to spot 10 depending on injuries and if the defense takes off quickly for us.

The team feels balanced now, not a lopsided boob in a bad bikini top.

Anything can go right, and everything can go wrong. So while I am excited, I also remember that feeling of when Carwin went kerplunk in Game 1, Cushing missed 4 games for female problems, 'Meco went down with a bad injury, and our offense would spot teams 3 or 4 TDs before deciding to pour it on.

I guess we've had our hurricane, so there shouldn't be one this year. We've had two bad d-coords in the past, so this one should turn out better for us. Injuries and a suspension on defense hurt us really bad last year, so maybe we stay healthy like we did in 2009. The only thing stopping us now is the bird flu or a killer asteroid. Right???

Rey
08-07-2011, 02:57 PM
The odds alone say we have to break through at some point right?

badboy
08-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Standing on a precipice and gazing into the haze filled great beyond is dizzying but I have to realize in my euphoria, I could tumble into Tom Petty's "Free Falling". Even that is not too bad but a sudden landing could be devastating.

Remind me of falling in love. I enjoy the teenage hormones colliding but historically that usually results in an emotionally catrosphic ending.

Texas T
08-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Part of loving the game of football is simply BELIEVING in good things to come! That's the way it starts out every season for me. If I focused on the negatives all the time, I would HATE this game, and probably our football team. Thankfully, I'm one of the few who can leave the past alone and focus on the future. SO, right now, on August 7th, 2011, I BELIEVE our Texans can wake up the football world, make tongues wag, make believers out of NONbelievers, make all those Cowboy fans out there wish they had jumped on the Texans bandwagon, give the freaking media NO reason to say negative things about us, and MOST of all, believe that on Feb 5th, 2012 I'll witness AJ and Meco holding up the Lombardi with a huge smile on their face! It's my choice to believe that will happen! If it doesn't, I will shed a few tears, read this MB everyday, and hope like the rest of you diehards, that SOMEDAY our wish will come true! I know, sounds sappy, but, has done well for me for almost 60 yrs, so I think I'll just keep on believing!!

You just brought a tear to this mans eye...I felt like I was watching Braveheart or We Were Soldiers. You made me want to run out on the field and help make this happen. I was already sold on the team this year-I'm choosing to ignore the previous years and KNOW that we will win!!!

Rep to you young lady!!

Texanfan4ever
08-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Agree with all the above! Trying to remain calm and sensible when I feel like screaming! I love this team! I feel like they r my kids or Part of my family, something sick like that! Lol. Can u imagine this town if it works? And one of the best parts wld be having Wade help make it happen! Be like coming full circle from the Oilers days with Bum and Earl! Can you imagine Bum's pride? Ah!!! It's too much to think about! Pass me some more koolaid! I'm delirious!:koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:::

EllisUnit
08-07-2011, 04:04 PM
You just brought a tear to this mans eye...I felt like I was watching Braveheart or We Were Soldiers. You made me want to run out on the field and help make this happen. I was already sold on the team this year-I'm choosing to ignore the previous years and KNOW that we will win!!!

Rep to you young lady!!

:bravo:

Texanfan4ever
08-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!:smooch:

Honoring Earl 34
08-07-2011, 04:28 PM
This time of year I chose to believe we are playoff bound . Why ... cause if I didn't why care ? . The pessimist is never disappointed but can't have the 100% natural high when something good does happen .

I will admit that when Carr was QB I didn't believe we would go 8-8 . These though are different times and I'll leave a song ( Bill's Favorite band ) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGFrje9QZvE

Playoffs
08-07-2011, 04:30 PM
...and MOST of all, believe that on Feb 5th, 2012 I'll witness AJ and Meco holding up the Lombardi with a huge smile on their face! It's my choice to believe it will happen...
Okay, that visualization just gave me chills!

Wolf
08-07-2011, 04:37 PM
This time of year I chose to believe we are playoff bound . Why ... cause if I didn't why care ? . The pessimist is never disappointed but can't have the 100% natural high when something good does happen .

I will admit that when Carr was QB I didn't believe we would go 8-8 . These though are different times and I'll leave a song ( Bill's Favorite band ) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGFrje9QZvE

I heard Bill was in the video :kitten:

unclejamima
08-07-2011, 04:43 PM
I've seen everything from Renfro called OB, Stagger Lee, Buffalo debacle, Montana comeback, and recent Texans gaffs, and still I swallow the koolaid. No matter how good they may look, I still have that feeling that disaster awaits. I'm ready to see Houston put some beat down on their opponents when they get a lead. Last year had alot of flukish endings, but for the most part it looks like they play with a losers mentality. WHY cant we run the ball on first down more?

ObsiWan
08-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I'm one of the sunshine guys. I love the moves the FO has made this year. I think they've had a great draft and they've made most of the moves I wanted them to make in FA.

But I gotta see it on the field.

I have to see this team start off with a better than 5-7 record before I go hog-wild.

With that said, I love the team and I have high hopes. But I've been a Houston Oiler/Texan fan for as far back as I can remember and I've been disappointed once or twice before.

Talent is one thing. "Expect-to-win" attitude is something else. They gotta come out every game with guns blazing. No more of that sleep-walking through the first quarter or half. Schaub said himself...
(on how much the team has talked about and gone over starting the game fast) ďAbsolutely. Thatís a focus of ours, both offensively and defensively. We got to start games better, not playing catch-up, obviously. Itís a 60-minute game; itís where you finish thatís most important. But we can help ourselves out a tremendous amount if we just start faster and put some points on the board early in the game, set the tempo, have the defense go three-and-out and weíll be in good shape.Ē

DBCooper
08-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm excited!

Our offense is first class already.

We needed a defense. I love Wade Phillips defenses. I like aggression. I like disguises. I like blitzing.

If our guys can get this concept, we can be scary!

Texanfan4ever
08-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Yes! I'm drinking the koolaid till the end! And one say, hopefully this year, it will be worth it! Heck! It's already worth it! I LOVE this team! Yay! This is the last week without football till February! I about can't stand it!

MEGA SWATT
08-07-2011, 11:52 PM
Yes, I'm drinking the Koolaid. It's delicious. This team is in my blood. We saw the misery of having our Oilers go out of state and having NO team for years. We finally get football back and it's like our kid is turning 10 yrs old. We never give up on our kid(s). We love them even though they frustrate us or whether they fail; we teach them and celebrate their success. That is why we keep watching and no, we never get tired of our team win or lose.:ymca::texan:

http://www.adclassix.com/images64koolaid.jpg