PDA

View Full Version : Courtland Innegan leaves titans camp

Tailgate
08-06-2011, 12:17 PM

Cornerback Cortland Finnegan has left the Tennessee Titans' training camp amid an apparent contract dispute, ESPN.com confirmed Saturday.

Finnegan is the team's lead cornerback, with Alterraun Verner and Jason McCourty battling for the No. 2 starter and nickel roles.

Yahoo! Sports first reported that Finnegan had left the team.

It was Finnegan who first organized the Titans' offseason workouts in March amid the NFL lockout, as players tried to maintain their offseason training routines.

Paul Kuharsky covers the AFC South for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp11/story/_/id/6839292/cortland-finnegan-leaves-tennessee-titans-camp-dispute-apparent

GP
08-06-2011, 12:24 PM
Soft!

EDIT:

adbrandt Andrew Brandt
Cortland Finnegan received a contract extension in 2008 - 4 yrs, 18M, 8.5M guaranteed. Had one year left on contract, as he does now.

Hookem Horns
08-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Someone probably went AJ on his a** again during practice and he couldn't take it.

ChampionTexan
08-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Someone probably went AJ on his a** again during practice and he couldn't take it.

There is nobody on the Titans roster who is in any way shape or form capable of going AJ.

GP
08-06-2011, 12:45 PM

LOL.

Or he's just rotten and cares only for himself. Which is why Andre Johnson and him are like matches and gasoline.

CloakNNNdagger
08-06-2011, 01:11 PM
LOL.

Or he's just rotten and cares only for himself. Which is why Andre Johnson and him are like matches and gasoline.

What might or might not be of any interest to any of you is that Finnegan has vowed to lose his reputation of a dirty player and to get less penalties this year.

I didn't know this until recently, but his older sister had Down syndrome and passed away at age seven from its complications. He has been very active in the Special Olympics over the years.

Rey
08-06-2011, 02:23 PM
What might or might not be of any interest to any of you is that Finnegan has vowed to lose his reputation of a dirty player and to get less penalties this year.

I didn't know this until recently, but his older sister had Down syndrome and passed away at age seven from its complications. He has been very active in the Special Olympics over the years.

Last year he embraced his reputation of being dirty.

A public ass whoopin has a way of bringing you back to reality.

b0ng
08-06-2011, 04:24 PM
That Guy always has been and always will be a bum on the field.

srrono
08-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Wouldnt be funny if the Texans traded for Courtland Finnegan.

Hookem Horns
08-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Funny? ... as a Texans fan no.

brakos82
08-06-2011, 06:34 PM

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m146/thehappygoldfish/Demotivational/Jokerlaughingfacepalm.jpg

srrono
08-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Funny? ... as a Texans fan no.

Thats why it would be funny and an out of this world never could happen moment. TexansTalk fans would be blowing up this forum it would be mad crazy.

GP
08-06-2011, 07:04 PM
Thats why it would be funny and an out of this world never could happen moment. TexansTalk fans would be blowing up this forum it would be mad crazy.

Well, he technically has passed the gang initiation fight...getting ran over by Andre Johnson in front of Texans fans in Reliant.

TheMatrix31
08-06-2011, 07:26 PM
I hate him and I seriously hope he ends up jobless. ****ing diseased fake thug Irish-ish clown.

PapaL
08-06-2011, 07:58 PM
I'd take him on my team. He's the type of player you hate when he's on the other team, love if he's on yours.

srrono
08-06-2011, 08:07 PM
I'd take him on my team. He's the type of player you hate when he's on the other team, love if he's on yours.

lol Courtland Finnegan is the Ron Artest of the NFL.

Kimmy
08-06-2011, 08:44 PM

AKA; Charles Barkley LOL I hated him at Phoenix, loved him here

PapaL
08-06-2011, 10:19 PM
lol Courtland Finnegan is the Ron Artest of the NFL.

Oh yeah, Metta World Peace...exactly hahaha

thunderkyss
08-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Last year he embraced his reputation of being dirty.

A public ass whoopin has a way of bringing you back to reality.

I thought he took the whup'n pretty good. Still talking shit when he was getting help back on his own two feet.

I've always liked Cortland. I think he's one of the better corners in the league. He's short... short on talent, but he hangs in there & uses what he does have to make a living. Tenacity, toughness, & he won't back down.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Andre took it to him.

Just wonder'n what took him so long.

thunderkyss
08-07-2011, 12:20 AM

He adds toughness to what ever team he's on.

Trail.Blazr
08-07-2011, 10:04 AM
haha.. Finnegan a texan... that'll be the day. Wanna see a pissed off Andre??

I am a fan of his toughness and tenacity, but you can have those qualities without being a dirty player, which is where he has lost my respect as a fan of the game. He is a poor sportsman and it detracts from all that is good in the game... I would think it has to take a special turd to draw Andre into fist-a-cuffs.

I hope he gets "flushed".

He's certainly not God's gift to the Titans, so I could see potential for this being a Vincent Jackson type of stand off.

BSofA04
08-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Even the titan fans admit how AJ "handled" innegan.

See comment #2

http://www.tennessean.com/comments/article/20110807/SPORTS01/308070063/David-Climer-Cortland-Finnegan-piles-Tennessee-Titans-list-distractions

TheMatrix31
08-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I can't stand that whole "you'd love him if he was on your team" idea.

No, I wouldn't. There are reasons I ****in' hate the guy. Those reasons won't suddenly disappear because he'd be on my team.

I was ready to stop rooting for the Suns in 2004 (until he left) if we got Kobe, which was a real, real possibility. Thankfully, we went another route.

GP
08-07-2011, 04:23 PM
He adds toughness to what ever team he's on.

Disagree.

Polarizing figure. You love him when you're winning, you're pissed at him when you're losing.

The drunk uncle at the family reunion is obnoxious, but when he's out with his own set of friends at the bar on Saturday night he's a real champ in his friends' eyes. Same guy, different situations. Polarizing figure.

I am glad he's Bud Adams' family member, not mine.

Pantherstang84
08-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I can't help but chuckle when these stories about that franchise come out.

Hey. How do you like your franchise now?

No. You keep Bud, we don't want him back.

Sorry. Maybe a little classless on my part but serves them hillbillies right.

GP
08-08-2011, 12:24 AM
I can't help but chuckle when these stories about that franchise come out.

Hey. How do you like your franchise now?

No. You keep Bud, we don't want him back.

Sorry. Maybe a little classless on my part but serves them hillbillies right.

Oh, they are not going to ever admit they have a screwball owner.

They know they lucked into getting an NFL team, they are locked up in the same division as we are, and they can't ever admit that Houston is a better all-around team in any capacity.

For them, it'll always be "We've been to the Super Bowl, and you haven't!" or some such rubbish. Even Finnegan is held up as being some "tough guy" who brings the heat and doesn't take that Andre Johnson's shit like the other DBs in the NFL do. LOL.

Man, I remember when they all stood around and stomped on the Steelers' Terrible Towel. They thought they had killed King Kong! And look at 'em now. I can't even remember the name of their tequila-drinking, tubby gut running back that went to Seattle and got cut a few weeks after landing there. Their precious golden shower boy VY is gone. Haynesworth, the only legitimately "tough" guy on their team, is gone. Fisher is gone. Their star WR is arrested monthly, right on the dot. Looney owner.

They went from heroes to zeroes so quickly, the oxygen masks fell from the ceiling into their laps.

I hope they win just enough games to place them out of reach of #1 and even the #2 pick. I hope they land about #3 or #4, and can't get the best projected QB out there. Hasselbeck doesn't scare me. He couldn't do shit with the Seahawks. Bring it, Titans fan boys. BRING IT.

Playoffs
08-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Bud Adams has a message for Courtland Finnegan...

http://weeklyworldnews.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/bud_adams.jpg

Double Barrel
08-08-2011, 11:16 AM
For them, it'll always be "We've been to the Super Bowl, and you haven't!" or some such rubbish.

That's true.

"some such rubbish" = "we've been the the playoffs" :winky:

Until the Texans have done anything - A.N.Y.T.H.I.N.G. - I'm just not comfortable seeing Texans fans strutting and bragging. It's not only unbecoming, but (no offense) it's downright goofy.

I hate the Titans as much as anyone. We do have many things that are major improvements over the Titans. Classier owner, better tailgating, better logo & colors, better practice facility, better stadium, better public relations, better 3D souvenir cups...the list is long.

However, the one aspect that we simply cannot say this is the most important aspect: history on the gridiron. Hope that changes, but at this point, a decade into it, we are still a franchise that is all dressed up but has nowhere to go. [/reality check]

As far as Courtland Finnegan, he's a little punk-assed *****. I don't even have to entertain the notion "but if he's on our team", because I know in my heart that Bob would never allow him to tarnish a Texans uniform. Just not gonna' happen. Ever.

SheTexan
08-08-2011, 12:33 PM
However, the one aspect that we simply cannot say this is the most important aspect: history on the gridiron. Hope that changes, but at this point, a decade into it, we are still a franchise that is all dressed up but has nowhere to go. [/reality check]k

We're 10, TEN, years old!!! The franchise that now resides in Tenn is HOW OLD?? Old enough to be a GREAT grandparent?? How many times has that franchise been to the SB?? ONE!! Come on DB! You lived through 36 yrs of Oiler history, just like me, and we survived!! At ten years old, I truly believe we are a franchise that is all dressed up, BUT, it will NOT take us 50+ yrs to get where we want to go!! JMO!! If it does, I won't live to see it, so I guess that's a plus! :)

Double Barrel
08-08-2011, 12:45 PM
k

We're 10, TEN, years old!!! The franchise that now resides in Tenn is HOW OLD?? Old enough to be a GREAT grandparent?? How many times has that franchise been to the SB?? ONE!! Come on DB! You lived through 36 yrs of Oiler history, just like me, and we survived!! At ten years old, I truly believe we are a franchise that is all dressed up, BUT, it will NOT take us 50+ yrs to get where we want to go!! JMO!! If it does, I won't live to see it, so I guess that's a plus! :)

I know, SheTex. I know it's a short history. But, we have no strutting rights right now. I'm not saying that can't change, but right now, that freakin' team of Slug has pretty much owned us, and as much as I hate hate hate hate hate it, I can't deny the reality of it.

This is our year. Wade has me hopeful, more than I have been in a long time, but I'm not strutting, yet. I want to see our boys prove it to us and the NFL, make their destiny and be a force to be reckoned with for many years. If not this year in the AFC South, when?

Always Texans fans, my friend. :fans: :texflag:

GP
08-08-2011, 12:54 PM
If you don't win the Super Bowl, you were never there.

You're just one of the other 31 teams who tried and failed.

The Titans coming up 1-yard-short in the SB is an even more humiliating experience. 1 yard short. So I could care that they made it to the playoffs or even to the SB.

The Bills made it to 4 SBs in the 90s and came up empty every time. People only remember the winner, not the loser. Except the Rams-Titans SB! Because everyone remembers 1-yard-short: The stretch for the goal line that came up short.

If we get a SB championship before the Titans, oh the joy! And I hope Bud lives to see it.

Doppelganger
08-08-2011, 01:20 PM
If you don't win the Super Bowl, you were never there.

You're just one of the other 31 teams who tried and failed.

The Titans coming up 1-yard-short in the SB is an even more humiliating experience. 1 yard short. So I could care that they made it to the playoffs or even to the SB.

The Bills made it to 4 SBs in the 90s and came up empty every time. People only remember the winner, not the loser. Except the Rams-Titans SB! Because everyone remembers 1-yard-short: The stretch for the goal line that came up short.

If we get a SB championship before the Titans, oh the joy! And I hope Bud lives to see it.

I gotta disagree with this one. Because they made the Superbowl 4 straight years, people will remember them. They are a unique team and I don't think we will ever see something like that happen again. Most losing teams are never remembered, but that group will be. In fact, I am having a hard time remembering who beat them those 4 times without looking it up. I know there was the Giants and Cowboys, but who else?

Texecutioner
08-08-2011, 01:27 PM
I thought he took the whup'n pretty good. Still talking shit when he was getting help back on his own two feet.

I've always liked Cortland. I think he's one of the better corners in the league. He's short... short on talent, but he hangs in there & uses what he does have to make a living. Tenacity, toughness, & he won't back down.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Andre took it to him.

Just wonder'n what took him so long.

Great post with logic and not filled with hate. He is a pretty good CB. I'd take him here in a second as a #2 CB. I could care less about his altercation with AJ. AJ licked him up and embarrassed him and that was the end of it. I don't like him because he plays dirty and because he's a slimebag on the field, but over all he is a pretty effective player that could help this team out. He isn't a cancer to his team like other players are like Chad Johnson or TO who others have wanted to come here. He'd be one of the more respected CB"s in the league if he'd just cut out all of the dirty stuff and the antics though.

Dutchrudder
08-08-2011, 01:30 PM
This thread needs more Titan FAIL

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/134/821/2012587.jpg.22444.0_display_image.jpg?1262734665

GP
08-08-2011, 04:53 PM
I gotta disagree with this one. Because they made the Superbowl 4 straight years, people will remember them. They are a unique team and I don't think we will ever see something like that happen again. Most losing teams are never remembered, but that group will be. In fact, I am having a hard time remembering who beat them those 4 times without looking it up. I know there was the Giants and Cowboys, but who else?

They are remembered for making it to 4 straight SBs, but you probably can only name one team they played: Cowboys. Name the other two, without looking.

I almost posted a sentence in there, where I would have said that the Bills would be remembered for 4-straight appearances and 4-straight losses.

But the point of what I am saying is that nobody cares about the loser. I damn sure don't want to be watching the Texans play in the Super Bowl only to lose it to the other team--OK, well "Yeah, I want to watch it" but you guys know what I mean....it sucks to be runner up at the Super Bowl.

For all I care, the Titans haven't accomplished shit. They have no room to brag about anything. They shouldn't have even been in the Super Bowl in the first place except for a verrrry close call on the kickoff return that helped them beat the Bills...coached by Wade Phillips at that time, right? Yikes!

Anyways, only the Colts can claim they are better than any other team in the AFC South. Consistently in reg season, and also after having won a SB. And a return trip a year or so later vs. Saints. I won't hear any shit talking from the Titans. Ever.

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2011, 08:59 PM
They are remembered for making it to 4 straight SBs, but you probably can only name one team they played: Cowboys. Name the other two, without looking.

The Giants was the first SB they played in and it's famous for the Wide Right missed kick. The Bills should have won that one.

The other team was the Mark Rypien led Redskins.

Other teams famous for making it to the SB and losing are:

1) The Elway led Broncos who made it 3x in 4 years losing to the Giants, Redskins, and Niners.
2) THe Bengals who Montana beat with that last minute drive where the Bengal NT broke his leg. I'll always remember that.
3) The various times the Vikings went and lost to the Chiefs, Dolphins, Raiders, and Stealers.
4) The Colts losing to the Jets.
5) The Patriots getting CRUSHED by the Bears and again with Parcell's at the helm.
6) The Panthers coming up short against the Patriots.
7) Favre losing to Elway to give Elway his first ring.
8) The Falcons getting pantsed by the Broncos.

Actually, I think I do remember most of the losers almost as well as I remember the winners.

GP
08-08-2011, 10:24 PM
The Giants was the first SB they played in and it's famous for the Wide Right missed kick. The Bills should have won that one.

The other team was the Mark Rypien led Redskins.

Other teams famous for making it to the SB and losing are:

1) The Elway led Broncos who made it 3x in 4 years losing to the Giants, Redskins, and Niners.
2) THe Bengals who Montana beat with that last minute drive where the Bengal NT broke his leg. I'll always remember that.
3) The various times the Vikings went and lost to the Chiefs, Dolphins, Raiders, and Stealers.
4) The Colts losing to the Jets.
5) The Patriots getting CRUSHED by the Bears and again with Parcell's at the helm.
6) The Panthers coming up short against the Patriots.
7) Favre losing to Elway to give Elway his first ring.
8) The Falcons getting pantsed by the Broncos.

Actually, I think I do remember most of the losers almost as well as I remember the winners.

Quiz time:

Who did the Ravens beat to win their only SB?

Who did the Bucs beat to win their SB?

The Jimmy Johnson-era Cowboys won 2 SBs in (1992 and 1993). What two teams did they beat?

Switzer came along and in his second season won a SB with the Cowboys. What team did they beat?

No cheating. No phone-a-friend, either.

texasguy346
08-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Quiz time:

The Jimmy Johnson-era Cowboys won 2 SBs in (1992 and 1993). What two teams did they beat?

Switzer came along and in his second season won a SB with the Cowboys. What team did they beat?

Ravens beat the Giants. I think Collins was the giants QB.

Bucs beat the Raiders as Gruden beat his old team. Gannon had a damn good season that year.

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2011, 10:29 PM
Quiz time:

Giants with Kerry Collins at the helm.
Raiders with Gannon.
Bills and then Bills? I think. I've got a question about this one.
Steelers, Larry Brown was the MVP and immediately went to the Raiders in an almost P-Burnt reversed situation.

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Raiders with Gannon.
Bills and then Bills? I think. I've got a question about this one.Steelers, Larry Brown was the MVP and immediately went to the Raiders in an almost P-Burnt reversed situation.

Whew. I went and checked after posting. I was worried about that one. But I was pretty sure that the Cowboys beat the Bills in back to back years.

Pantherstang84
08-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Oh, they are not going to ever admit they have a screwball owner.

They know they lucked into getting an NFL team, they are locked up in the same division as we are, and they can't ever admit that Houston is a better all-around team in any capacity.

For them, it'll always be "We've been to the Super Bowl, and you haven't!" or some such rubbish. Even Finnegan is held up as being some "tough guy" who brings the heat and doesn't take that Andre Johnson's shit like the other DBs in the NFL do. LOL.

Man, I remember when they all stood around and stomped on the Steelers' Terrible Towel. They thought they had killed King Kong! And look at 'em now. I can't even remember the name of their tequila-drinking, tubby gut running back that went to Seattle and got cut a few weeks after landing there. Their precious golden shower boy VY is gone. Haynesworth, the only legitimately "tough" guy on their team, is gone. Fisher is gone. Their star WR is arrested monthly, right on the dot. Looney owner.

They went from heroes to zeroes so quickly, the oxygen masks fell from the ceiling into their laps.

I hope they win just enough games to place them out of reach of #1 and even the #2 pick. I hope they land about #3 or #4, and can't get the best projected QB out there. Hasselbeck doesn't scare me. He couldn't do shit with the Seahawks. Bring it, Titans fan boys. BRING IT.

Dude I've got to spread the rep but the bolded part cracked me up.

GP
08-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Raiders with Gannon.
Bills and then Bills? I think. I've got a question about this one.
Steelers, Larry Brown was the MVP and immediately went to the Raiders in an almost P-Burnt reversed situation.

Not too shabby.

Bonus Round:

1.) The Patriots in 2004 and 2005 won back to back titles. In 2006, the Steelers beat what team in the Super Bowl?

2.) The Broncos won back to back titles in 1998 and 1998. In no particular order, what two teams did they beat for those two SB titles?

Get these two answers correct, and I will double your current amount...which is $0. No pressure.

Blake
08-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Quiz time:

Giants with Collins at the helm.

Raiders. Chucky beat his old team.

Probably a Bills team or 2. Cant remember the others.

Answers above.

Blake
08-09-2011, 09:29 AM
Not too shabby.

Bonus Round:

1.) The Patriots in 2004 and 2005 won back to back titles. In 2006, the Steelers beat what team in the Super Bowl?

2.) The Broncos won back to back titles in 1998 and 1998. In no particular order, what two teams did they beat for those two SB titles?

Get these two answers correct, and I will double your current amount...which is $0. No pressure.

1.) Patriots beat the Rams, and Panthers in Reliant. Steelers beat Seattle I think.

2.) Packers and Favre was one. Brain fart on the other.

texasguy346
08-09-2011, 09:43 AM
1.) Patriots beat the Rams, and Panthers in Reliant. Steelers beat Seattle I think.

The other team the Broncos beat was the Falcons with Jamal Anderson as the starting RB. I remember that whole "Dirty Bird" dance they did.

Blake
08-09-2011, 09:43 AM
The other team the Broncos beat was the Falcons with Jamal Anderson as the starting RB. I remember that whole "Dirty Bird" dance they did.

Damn I almost said that but wasnt 100%. Props.

The Pencil Neck
08-09-2011, 10:14 AM
Not too shabby.

Bonus Round:

Oh, god. The pressure is killing me.

1) The Steelers beat... hmmm... Cardinals or Seahawks. 2006, I think, was the Seahawks. Yep. Now that I think about it, definitely the Seahawks. (The Patriots had beaten the Panthers and the Eagles [McNabb and TO].)

2) First they beat the Packers (who were going to their 2nd SB in a row) and then they beat the Falcons (who had beaten the Vikings who really SHOULD have been there because they were probably the best team in football at that time).

The Pencil Neck
08-09-2011, 10:16 AM

Not quite. Patriots beat the Rams in their FIRST SB which was in like 2001 or so. Then the Patriots had an off year, and iirc, they missed the playoffs. Then they came back and beat the Panthers and then the Eagles in consecutive years.

GP
08-09-2011, 10:26 AM

And IIRC, one of the Falcons' secondary players (A Safety, I think) got busted for propositioning a lady that weekend. Allegedly. Can't remember if he was guilty or if it was just an allegation.

GP
08-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Can you guys name two Texas Tech University running backs who made Super Bowl appearances?

One was on a SB winner, and one was on a SB loser.

Double Barrel
08-09-2011, 11:18 AM
Not quite. Patriots beat the Rams in their FIRST SB which was in like 2001 or so. Then the Patriots had an off year, and iirc, they missed the playoffs. Then they came back and beat the Panthers and then the Eagles in consecutive years.

Funny thing about that Patriots / Panthers Super Bowl at Reliant is that the Texans played both of those teams at Reliant that year. They beat the Panthers and lost to the Patriots in OT.

The Pencil Neck
08-09-2011, 11:48 AM
Can you guys name two Texas Tech University running backs who made Super Bowl appearances?

I don't really keep track of where different players played in college. I'm not that much of a college fan except right before the draft when I'm trying to figure out who's who and which ones I want.

jlam
08-09-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah sorry GP, but your point about nobody remembering Super Bowl losers sounds nice in a Ricky Bobby "If you're not first you're last..." kind of way, but it's not really the case at all.

Certainly most sports fans will tend to remember Super Bowl winners better than their opponents, but the Super Bowl has grown to be such a unique spectacle over the past 20 years or so that even making it there is memorable in and of itself. I'd wager that any fan that pays any sort of attention that was able to name better than 3/4 of the Super Bowl Champs since 1990 could also likely name most of teams they lost to.

I would think this point would be better applied in other sports' finals, like NBA Finals (though I'm a nerd and can remember most of those as well) or Word Series. Or it would really be the case for NFC/AFC Conference Championship Games. Definitely a lot less people have any meaningful recollection of those games if it wasn't an extraordinary event or their team wasn't involved. But not so much for the Super Bowl. Too much focus on a singular event.

GP
08-09-2011, 03:14 PM
I surrender my sword. I have been bested.

Grams
08-09-2011, 05:29 PM

Timmy Smith - Redskins

Anthony Lynn - Broncos

GP
08-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Timmy Smith - Redskins

Anthony Lynn - Broncos

I was going for Bam Morris (Steelers).

TheMatrix31
08-09-2011, 07:12 PM
I don't buy it. If you're a sports fan, you're gonna remember who played in championship series/games/etc.

Grams
08-09-2011, 09:15 PM
I was going for Bam Morris (Steelers).

You did say name 2.

:D