PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think can turn it around on defense.

El Tejano
08-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Who do you believe will benefit from a new scheme on defense. One guy that has quietly been on the team still is Xavier Adibi. For some reason I keep thinking that he may just be a player that benefits from this change in scheme. When he was in college he was just going after the QB and he was a terror.

michaelm
08-05-2011, 03:54 PM
Who do you believe will benefit from a new scheme on defense. One guy that has quietly been on the team still is Xavier Adibi. For some reason I keep thinking that he may just be a player that benefits from this change in scheme. When he was in college he was just going after the QB and he was a terror.

Adibi reminds me of Jacoby in that every year, people are predicting him to turn the corner.

Perki-Perk
08-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Who do you believe will benefit from a new scheme on defense.

The WHOLE DAMN TEXANS DEFENSE!! We have a NFL DC now in case you didn't know. \sarcasm

I think Mario will actually look better from a Standing edge rush position. I know many are concerned with it, but I think he will make more plays with the improved secondary and the qb now not able to just get rid of the ball when it so pleases himself. I mean, suprisingly, only Rusty Smith had a bad game against us and I was expecting him to get ROY just on his performance against our D alone...lol

Sorry, got off on a tangent. I think ol Cush will be a lot better with him and Meco on the field together. Cush seem to feed off of Meco's Leadership/intensity.

Also, I think Quin to safety is an excellent choice. How, I don't know, that one is pure speculation, that and Ol Quinny himself said he felt like he was born to be a safety. I mean he would know right?

Um, I'm excited. We may actually have a D this year to reward the Offense with some dub's for all their awesomeness!

SheTexan
08-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Mario was knocking the crap out of guys this morning! Lookin GOOD!

DX-TEX
08-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Mario was knocking the crap out of guys this morning! Lookin GOOD!

Mario in new scheme+ rushing the QB 95% of time + contract year = dominance.

badboy
08-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Your question says turn it around not get better so I will go with a player who is perceived as the worst and whom I have criticised relentlessly. Kareem Jackson. Reasons for my opinion & optimism?

KJ will benefit from better coaching as well as the system.
No more stutter step.
Rookie to sophomore biggest jump. NFl will slow down for him.
At least two more vet DBs to guide him (Manning & Joseph)
Unlike other fans, I think he is not shell shocked.

Perki-Perk
08-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Your question says turn it around not get better so ....blah blah blah

JK. But IMD, I was suggesting who I suggested bc Cush obviously had a drop off between this year and last. Mario has never been widely appreciated as worthy of the top pick that year, and this year he may show it. And Quinn, well the secondary sucked last year, period, hands down, end of sentence. Ergo, any improvement would be a turn around and would qualify him as well. So take your snide remark and keep them coming...ahahaha

Big Lou
08-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Wade Phillips.

badboy
08-05-2011, 05:18 PM
JK. But IMD, I was suggesting who I suggested bc Cush obviously had a drop off between this year and last. Mario has never been widely appreciated as worthy of the top pick that year, and this year he may show it. And Quinn, well the secondary sucked last year, period, hands down, end of sentence. Ergo, any improvement would be a turn around and would qualify him as well. So take your snide remark and keep them coming...ahahahaActually did not mean in a snide way but was being reflective and thinking out loud (if possible on internet.) First person that jumped to mind was Quin but then read the thread title and deleted my comment and went with KJ.

DBCooper
08-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Dude, I'm going to benefit from not having to watch that crap like last year!

valleytexfan
08-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Dude, I'm going to benefit from not having to watch that crap like last year!

Amen.:texflag:

beerlover
08-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Mario Williams damn sure better be. :mariopalm:

You do realize that since the 2006 draft, even before if you consider the supposed pieces around him as a rookie, plus three defensive coordinators later, not to mention a Kings Ransom, the success of Texans having the type of defense needed to turnaround this franchise rests w/him. :fireball:

Allstar
08-05-2011, 10:25 PM
I hope it's KJ, but that's likely pushing it.

aussie_texan
08-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Aug. 04, 2011 12:52 p.m. - by Brandon Williams - Allen enjoys good practice Thursday with Texans
Veteran CB Jason Allen had an impressive morning session with a series of knockdowns and a diving interception. The sixth-year pro is the front-runner to capture the nickel corner spot

Aug. 05, 2011 12:13 p.m. - by Brandon Williams - Texans No. 1 secondary looks good in first practice together
CB Jason Allen had his second highlight reel pick in as many days when he made a diving pick of a Matt Leinart pass. Texans RapidReports

Maybe Jason allen can be our cromartie. joseph is our revis who we chuck on an island and allen is a ball hawk playmaker.

I was hoping K Jac would show enough to be our number2 CB but its seems like he has been a little inconsistent in practice. maybe allen takes the number 2 spot and gives this secondary some playmaking ability.

I love harris but i doubt he plays anything more then the nickel spot this year.

Playoffs
08-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Jason Allen, Earl Mitchell, Darryl Sharpton, Brooks Reed.

Allstar
08-05-2011, 11:41 PM
So much for my pick, from today

http://images.chron.com/photos/2011/08/05/27364355/600xPopupGallery.jpg

:wadepalm:

beerlover
08-05-2011, 11:52 PM
So much for my pick, from today

http://images.chron.com/photos/2011/08/05/27364355/600xPopupGallery.jpg

:wadepalm:

Guess it's true, a picture tells a thousand words :turtle:

SteveSlaton20
08-06-2011, 01:58 AM
Hopefully Mario is more consistent, not just a sack here and there. I'd rather have him in the QB's face for most of the game than him getting a sack or two every game.

El Tejano
08-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Anyone got the Adibi sack recorded? I believe Mario was one of the reasons he got there due to attention he may have received with the stunt.

Adibi looked good. Still waiting to see because even Jacoby looks all world in preseason (although not last night).