PDA

View Full Version : Whose left?

Doppelganger
08-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Who else would you sign if you were the Texans? Here is who I would look at

1. NT Jamal Williams. Yeah, he is 35, but he was also THE Jamal Williams that Wade used as his NT in San Diego. He probably only good for another year or two.

2. ILB Stephen Cooper. 32, but had a great year as an ILB in San Diego. Would be a great plus reserve for Meco or Cush.

3. NT Pat Williams. I know he is 39 and I know he is only good for 1st and second down, but still, can you imagine this hog in the middle of our D line? He easily will take up 2 defender, possibly 3!

4. OG Brian Waters. He can play and at 34, has 2-3 good years left. Would be an upgrade over Brisel.

Brandon420tx
08-05-2011, 01:29 PM
We just got ourselves under the cap. I'll leave the old fellars to retire and see what Mister Alexander can bring to the backup ILB position. All the other spots you listed I'm content with as long as Studdard doesn't win his backup spot back

Errant Hothy
08-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I don't sign anybody without making a cut or two first. I'd keep the 2.6 million in cap space we have now in reserve in case we lose player to free agency. If more cap room is generated during TC I'd wait till after the final cuts to see if there is anybody out there who could help the team, and even then I would keep some of the cap space in reserve. Let us not forget that this team would not have been able to sign guys like Anderson or Leach withiout having some cap space during the season.

DX-TEX
08-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Nevermind. Im a dolt.

badboy
08-06-2011, 09:48 PM
We have filled most holes but need to watch for cuts that may offer us a better player. I really want one more vet corner.

Lucky
08-06-2011, 10:00 PM
I'll leave the old fellars to retire and see what Mister Alexander can bring to the backup ILB position.
I didn't see Alexander on the field today. Is he injured?

A lot of these vets are waiting until camp is over before signing. Can't say I blame a 30something from wanting to miss 100 practices. I wouldn't be surprised to see one the Williams NTs sign here after camp closes.

ObsiWan
08-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I didn't see Alexander on the field today. Is he injured?

A lot of these vets are waiting until camp is over before signing. Can't say I blame a 30something from wanting to miss 100 practices. I wouldn't be surprised to see one the Williams NTs sign here after camp closes.

yeah, there may be better pickins as T/C comes to a close. Some guys available now may get a sense of urgency. And guys who fit us better may get cut and become available.

Besides, I'm not sure who I'd cut to make room for those old farts that were listed

Wolf6151
08-07-2011, 05:23 AM
I can't give specific names but I think that as TC cuts start being made we need to look for additional help at DE, ILB, and NT. We need better quality depth. I agree with Hoth about holding onto some of that salaray cap money for now so that we can sign some additional players at the end of TC and some reserve so that we can sign a player or 2 during the season.

leebigeztx
08-07-2011, 09:21 AM
It happens all the time when vets come in and sign right after the 1st game and have unguaranteed salaries. I'm sure some of the older guys don't mind missing camp. Williams is a good name to keep an eye on. If in the preseason the texans are getting gashed up the middle, williams will be on the roster. If yrans is slower and cush is post juice cush, cooper might make his way on the roster also. I would like to see tully banta cain given a good look. Guy can rush the paser and has production the last coujple of years.