PDA

View Full Version : Colts Vulnerable/Texans Ready to Compete

dinkatoid
08-05-2011, 12:44 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/38411/125/making-sense-of-the-nfl-frenzy?pg=2

Saw this over on rotoworld. I know their opinions aren't always spot on, but its still nice to see good press. Of course, I will be happier to see this type of feeling around the league late in the season...

Are the Colts vulnerable?

The Colts were more active in free agency than usual, taking low-cost gambles on former first-round picks like Tommie Harris and Jamaal Anderson. Still, there is a sense this team is vulnerable with Peyton Manning sidelined following another neck surgery.

The Jaguars believe they are ready to compete after carefully building up their roster the last two years under G.M. Gene Smith. We like Houston's chances of emerging better.

Wade Phillips has provided immediate results everywhere he's hired as a defensive coordinator. The cupboard wasn't bare in Houston; there is enough to talent here to be average right away. Average would be a big improvement for the Texans defense, and it would allow a primed offense to win games.

Houston smartly spent their free agent resources on the secondary. Johnathan Joseph was a huge get at cornerback and Danieal Manning will help improve a miserable safety situation from a year ago. The Texans are ready to contend. This time we mean it.

DocBar
08-05-2011, 12:52 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/38411/125/making-sense-of-the-nfl-frenzy?pg=2

Saw this over on rotoworld. I know their opinions aren't always spot on, but its still nice to see good press. Of course, I will be happier to see this type of feeling around the league late in the season...This can't be accurate. No mention of soft anywhere in it....:rake:

DexmanC
08-05-2011, 08:05 PM
This can't be accurate. No mention of soft anywhere in it....:rake:

Lombardi didn't write it.

EllisUnit
08-05-2011, 08:11 PM
This can't be accurate. No mention of soft anywhere in it....:rake:

agree total B.S :cowboy1:

ArlingtonTexan
08-05-2011, 08:22 PM
The colts were vulnerable in 2010.

drs23
08-05-2011, 08:56 PM
The colts were vulnerable in 2010.

You beat me to that AT. I hope I'm not :homer:ing too badly here but I think this could be when it all comes together. And there's no better day to start than Day 1!

You know, clock management, the red flag issue going away, a REAL DC, promising FA aquisitions, a killer draft class and a generally fresh mindset. I'm like many others though, it'll be interesting to see how some key pieces return from injury. That being said:

I'm STOKED! :texflag: :kingkong: :cow: :pirate: