PDA

View Full Version : taylor mays?

Texans_Fan59
08-04-2011, 09:33 PM
hes definetly on the trading block.. should we be interested?

The Pencil Neck
08-04-2011, 09:38 PM
hes definetly on the trading block.. should we be interested?

Not really. He's a more athletic version of Pollard. He likes to play up near the line, in the box, and he's not good in coverage.

That doesn't fit with what Wade wants to do.

DocBar
08-04-2011, 09:40 PM
hes definetly on the trading block.. should we be interested?If we could give SF a 5th and get a 3rd from SF for taking him. This guy has Roy Williams written all over him. He's an in the box, run stopping safety.
EDIT: I give Pete Carroll all kinds of kudos for not showing college loyalty by not making sure he got Leinart, Bush or Mays. College rahrah is all fine and dandy, but the NFL is all business. I'd really love to hear his honest opinion/analysis of the three.

dinkatoid
08-04-2011, 09:43 PM
If he were willing (and I really doubt he would be), he could probably be a killer special teams player with his speed and hitting ability. I really doubt he would accept a minimum price to do it, though.

beerlover
08-04-2011, 09:47 PM
They could try him out as a 3-4 OLB probably about the same size as Von Miller & he was 2nd pick overall. Sometimes a scheme can dictate a position. Mario would be the Thunder, Mays the lightening :mario3::firehair:

Just not in the secondary, please :roast:

srrono
08-04-2011, 09:49 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83702

DocBar
08-04-2011, 09:51 PM
They could try him out as a 3-4 OLB probably about the same size as Von Miller & he was 2nd pick overall. Sometimes a scheme can dictate a position. Mario would be the Thunder, Mays the lightening :mario3::firehair:

Just not in the secondary, please :roast:THAT is an excellent idea. If I were Denver, I'd go back to the 3-4 and laugh at 31 teams crapping their pants trying to gameplan for Dumervil AND Miller.

ObsiWan
08-05-2011, 03:22 AM
If we could give SF a 5th and get a 3rd from SF for taking him. This guy has Roy Williams written all over him. He's an in the box, run stopping safety.
EDIT: I give Pete Carroll all kinds of kudos for not showing college loyalty by not making sure he got Leinart, Bush or Mays. College rahrah is all fine and dandy, but the NFL is all business. I'd really love to hear his honest opinion/analysis of the three.

I thought Pete courted Matt L. for a bit but the Texans made the better offer...?

Allstar
08-05-2011, 04:22 AM
There's a reason this guy is getting traded so quickly, he sucks.

TimeKiller
08-05-2011, 08:49 AM
I thought Pete courted Matt L. for a bit but the Texans made the better offer...?

I think PC probably told Matty Clipboard he wasn't giving him the starting job automatically. He probably just said if I'm going to be a backup I may as well be on a better team. Texans > Seahawks in most categories.

El Tejano
08-05-2011, 11:28 AM
I would give up Slaton for this guy though.

Dutchrudder
08-05-2011, 05:28 PM
I think PC probably told Matty Clipboard he wasn't giving him the starting job automatically. He probably just said if I'm going to be a backup I may as well be on a better team. Texans > Seahawks in most categories.

He had a better chance of starting in Seattle, but the Texans probably offered more money to keep him here. I think it had a lot to do with cutting Orlovsky.