PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn Network's 5 New Shows: Why No One Will Watch Them

Stemp
08-04-2011, 09:24 AM
:lol:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2011/08/longhorn_networks_5_new_shows.php

b0ng
08-04-2011, 08:14 PM
How many college football games are going to be shown on LHN?

pbat488
08-05-2011, 12:35 AM
gonna be some interesting information released sunday night about this network if anyone is curious.. guy named @spadilly on twitter did some FOIA requests and has some documents he's gonna share with the public

gonna get real interesting real fast if its actual big news...

c10x
08-05-2011, 12:50 AM
gonna be some interesting information released sunday night about this network if anyone is curious.. guy named @spadilly on twitter did some FOIA requests and has some documents he's gonna share with the public

gonna get real interesting real fast if its actual big news...

What are you implying?

pbat488
08-05-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm not implying anything; I'm saying that on sunday a guy named @spadilly is going to release information he found about the network, ut-austin, espn, and Img that hasn't been released publicly.. that's all I know so far, but i'll be tuning in to see what he's got

Stemp
08-05-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm not implying anything; I'm saying that on sunday a guy named @spadilly is going to release information he found about the network, ut-austin, espn, and Img that hasn't been released publicly.. that's all I know so far, but i'll be tuning in to see what he's got

I'm not getting my hopes up, but it kinda funny watching the UT fans squirm or act like the Iraqi Information minister.

Mr. White
08-05-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up, but it kinda funny watching the UT fans squirm or act like the Iraqi Information minister.

I think most Longhorn fans think that LHN is a lame idea. I know I do.

pbat488
08-07-2011, 08:22 PM
http://themidnightyell.blogspot.com/2011/08/documents-reveal-intention-behind.html

here's the information I was talking about a few days ago

Texecutioner
08-08-2011, 10:39 AM
http://themidnightyell.blogspot.com/2011/08/documents-reveal-intention-behind.html

here's the information I was talking about a few days ago

From what I got out of that, is that Texas got a great deal on their hands. You being an A&M guy who hates Texas is mad about it, because it makes them stronger and gives them certain advantages. Is this deal with ESPN good for the overall conference of the BIG 12?? Probably not. Sounds like you should be angry with the system and how it operates though, not with the school who found a way to take advantage of it to their benefit. If the NCAA and the BCS had policies in place that made it more fair for everyone in your eyes, then this doesn't create these advantages. The fact is if A&M had the draw that Texas does and was able to develop the same type of revenue that Texas can, then Texas A&M would have done this as well. They just don't and you're angry about it because you hate Texas and are a fan of another team in the BIG 12. Again though, you should be blaming the system of college football and how it's set up. Not the schools that find ways to benefit from it.

Dutchrudder
08-08-2011, 11:08 AM
From what I got out of that, is that Texas got a great deal on their hands. You being an A&M guy who hates Texas is mad about it, because it makes them stronger and gives them certain advantages. Is this deal with ESPN good for the overall conference of the BIG 12?? Probably not. Sounds like you should be angry with the system and how it operates though, not with the school who found a way to take advantage of it to their benefit. If the NCAA and the BCS had policies in place that made it more fair for everyone in your eyes, then this doesn't create these advantages. The fact is if A&M had the draw that Texas does and was able to develop the same type of revenue that Texas can, then Texas A&M would have done this as well. They just don't and you're angry about it because you hate Texas and are a fan of another team in the BIG 12. Again though, you should be blaming the system of college football and how it's set up. Not the schools that find ways to benefit from it.

Where do you even get the slightest bit of anger or hate from Pbat's posts in this thread? Did you get into a spat with an Aggie about this somewhere else? Because it really seems like you're projecting something onto him in this case.

PS, don't read Texags, it will make your head explode.

Texecutioner
08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Where do you even get the slightest bit of anger or hate from Pbat's posts in this thread? Did you get into a spat with an Aggie about this somewhere else? Because it really seems like you're projecting something onto him in this case.

Maybe from the dozens of other threads where him and a few others in here have taken shots at Texas and their fans multiple times in here.

I wouldn't, just as I don't enjoy reading Orangebloods.com I can't stand listening to some of UT's fans either.

pbat488
08-08-2011, 03:04 PM

ahh, texecutioner, why do you get so angry about my posts?! I think you're just mad that I think ufc/mma is super gay and that I support a&m.

as for your response, first off, I don't hate longhorns like you think I do. two out of what I consider my three best friends are longhorns. you could say I hate the arrogance longhorn fans show, but it's not a big deal as all fanbases have their own respective negatives. seriously though, go back through this thread here (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72423) and read it. I posted numerous times during a very contentious period and I don't think I ever hated or demonstrated hatred towards the longhorns as you seem to believe. feel free to check through other posts in that forum as well; i'm sure there's some where i've made fun of them but never downright hated.

now, as to what perturbs me from this information being released isn't the fact that ut-austin is going to get a boatload of cash for this, that was a given and they already made way more than anyone else anyways, it's the way that the longhorn leaders have been so deceptive in their public statements on the subject. here's a quote from the blog I posted earlier demonstrating what I mean..

Remember a few weeks back when it was made known that the Longhorn Network planned to air a Big XII football game this coming season (2011) and the fuss from media and other conference members that came with that? Well, it was planned all along. In the signed agreement, the Longhorn Network HAS to show 1 live football game a year (This year it will be the first home game of the year against Rice to fill the requirement) but BOTH the University of Texas and ESPN have a "mutual desire" to show NO LESS THAN 2 live football games a year on the Longhorn Network.

So where does the network and ESPN stop at? Four live Texas Longhorn football games? The entire home schedule? And if the network does in fact air that many live football games, how does this affect the overall value of the 1st and 2nd tier media rights of the conference as a whole? Less money for the entire conference on the table when 1st tier rights become available in 2015-2016? I guess this also makes void Chip Brown and the Longhorn's spin that "Texas had no idea what ESPN was doing, it was their fault". It's not ESPN alone when there is a "mutual desire" is it?

ďThis was ESPN acting on its own,Ē one high-ranking administrator in the Big 12 said. ďI donít think Texas even knew where ESPN was in the process of trying to get this conference game secured. DeLoss Dodds has been very open and forthcoming with all the schools in the Big 12.

another reason why this information is upsetting to me doesn't have anything to do with longhorns but has to do with my disappointment in the a&m leadership (board of regents, loftin, byrnes, etc) for not foreseeing this happening. when it was announced the conference was staying together and the longhorn network was going to become a reality, I knew then that it would be the end of the Big XII eventually, I just didn't know how soon it would come to be.

after reading this information, it's clear that the endgame for the longhorns is going to be independence and that's fine. I, and i'm sure some other a&m fans, don't care too much about that. I've stated before and still believe that schools should lookout for themselves first and foremost, and I believe ut-austin did while a&m didn't.

at the end of all of this though, I hope and believe that a&m will eventually end up in the SEC. the Big XII is a sitting duck of a conference that will break up at some point and trigger a realignment craze like last summer, it's just a matter of when and not how in my opinion now.

jjohns1
08-08-2011, 03:18 PM
lmao @ back n fourth... horns on top n every1 made about it!!

hook em!

Dan B.
08-08-2011, 03:59 PM
One of the major topics that has been brought up not only on fan message boards but in the national media as well has been the airing of Texas high school content. Would it be surprising to anyone that UT Athletics and IMG would put forth their "best effort" to help ESPN secure the rights to airing all state UIL Championships? Fox Sports owns those rights until 2017, but anything after is fair game when the contract expires. And when the University of Texas owns the UIL, who do you think will be televising every Texas state football championship in all classifications, the UIL Basketball State Tournament already held in Austin as well as the softball and baseball tournaments? It is also not hard to imagine the state football championship games being played in Austin instead of Cowboys Stadium where they are located now when that time comes. Unfair advantage for Texas?

Psst.. Nobody tell @spadilly, but the UIL is already owned by the University of Texas. It was founded by UT and has been run for 100 years by UT:

The University Interscholastic League was created by The University of Texas at Austin to provide leadership and guidance to public school debate and athletic teachers. Since 1910 the UIL has grown into the largest inter-school organization of its kind in the world. The UIL continues to operate as part of the University of Texas, under the auspices of the Vice President for Diversity & Community Engagement.

http://www.uiltexas.org/about

pbat488
08-08-2011, 09:39 PM
here's an aggie grad who's an attorney thoughts on the network and the information from the documents..

I'm much more in line with this guys thoughts than I think texecutioner or others might seem to believe I am, especially his synopsis near the end.

http://marooncarrot.blogspot.com/

and sidenote..

dude, texags is the best!! how do you not love that site?! the hilarious people cloud out the complete idjits that post there so it's enjoyable for me. plus looch's stuff is top notch.

Stemp
08-09-2011, 02:22 PM
here's an aggie grad who's an attorney thoughts on the network and the information from the documents..

I'm much more in line with this guys thoughts than I think texecutioner or others might seem to believe I am, especially his synopsis near the end.

http://marooncarrot.blogspot.com/

and sidenote..

dude, texags is the best!! how do you not love that site?! the hilarious people cloud out the complete idjits that post there so it's enjoyable for me. plus looch's stuff is top notch.

Websider is much more enjoyable as an A&M fan, with as good or better info. Plus David has been spot on with his insider info on realignment, from both A&M and SEC sources.

Showtime100
08-09-2011, 04:32 PM
The article was worth reading for this alone....

To be sure, the idea of Mack Brown swapping bon mots with VY and Ricky Williams has some appeal.

Texecutioner
08-09-2011, 06:40 PM
ahh, texecutioner, why do you get so angry about my posts?!

I think you mistake amusement for anger.

Why would any Longhorn fan get angered by what Aggies fans have to say? Be realistic here.

I think you're just mad that I think ufc/mma is super gay and that I support a&m.

Man, sorry you're missing out.

as for your response, first off, I don't hate longhorns like you think I do. two out of what I consider my three best friends are longhorns. you could say I hate the arrogance longhorn fans show, but it's not a big deal as all fanbases have their own respective negatives. seriously though, go back through this thread here (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72423) and read it. I posted numerous times during a very contentious period and I don't think I ever hated or demonstrated hatred towards the longhorns as you seem to believe. feel free to check through other posts in that forum as well; i'm sure there's some where i've made fun of them but never downright hated.

I've read through enough threads to make my own determination on that.

now, as to what perturbs me from this information being released isn't the fact that ut-austin is going to get a boatload of cash for this, that was a given and they already made way more than anyone else anyways, it's the way that the longhorn leaders have been so deceptive in their public statements on the subject. here's a quote from the blog I posted earlier demonstrating what I mean..

What do you want or expect them to say.

another reason why this information is upsetting to me doesn't have anything to do with longhorns but has to do with my disappointment in the a&m leadership (board of regents, loftin, byrnes, etc) for not foreseeing this happening. when it was announced the conference was staying together and the longhorn network was going to become a reality, I knew then that it would be the end of the Big XII eventually, I just didn't know how soon it would come to be.

The Big XII needs to end. I'd like to see that happen as soon as possible.

after reading this information, it's clear that the endgame for the longhorns is going to be independence and that's fine. I, and i'm sure some other a&m fans, don't care too much about that. I've stated before and still believe that schools should lookout for themselves first and foremost, and I believe ut-austin did while a&m didn't.

From what I hear that is starting to change and A&M alums are getting really tired of being a doormat and are wanting to do something about it. I hope they do. I like it when A&M is competitive.

at the end of all of this though, I hope and believe that a&m will eventually end up in the SEC. the Big XII is a sitting duck of a conference that will break up at some point and trigger a realignment craze like last summer, it's just a matter of when and not how in my opinion now.

They should have gone when they had the chance then. But why the SEC? You think they're having trouble competing now, and they really become irrelevant. I don't think the SEC would be the right move. I think the BIG 10 would me much smarter for them.

pbat488
08-09-2011, 10:42 PM
1) I think you mistake amusement for anger.

2) Why would any Longhorn fan get angered by what Aggies fans have to say? Be realistic here.

3) Man, sorry you're missing out.

4) I've read through enough threads to make my own determination on that.

5) What do you want or expect them to say.

6) The Big XII needs to end. I'd like to see that happen as soon as possible.

7) From what I hear that is starting to change and A&M alums are getting really tired of being a doormat and are wanting to do something about it. I hope they do. I like it when A&M is competitive.

8) They should have gone when they had the chance then. But why the SEC? You think they're having trouble competing now, and they really become irrelevant. I don't think the SEC would be the right move. I think the BIG 10 would me much smarter for them.

1) possibly; but I think you're just passive aggressive, not amused.

2) hahahahahahahaha, dear god, get off your high horse guy.

http://isthatcoffee.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/smug.jpg

3) nope, a good friend of mine is real into it and made me go to one of the events in houston in like '07 or '06 and it was the worst. more douchers were there than go out on washington now.

4) fair enough.

5) I want and expect them to tell the truth. they instead chose to lie and shift blame to the ESPN official because they were too cowardly to have their true intentions revealed to the public.. still don't wanna look like the bad guy for the eventual dissolution of the big XII.

6) hey! we agree on something!

7) yeah, i'm tired of being a freaking doormat!

except.. no. just.... no. i'm gonna guess you're about 25-27 years old, so if being a doormat is going 15 - 12 in your estimated lifetime against the high and mighty horns, then i'll take being a doormat. also, athletic department smack! (http://www.capitalonecup.com/standings.html).

8) when have I ever said I think we're having trouble competing in the big XII? that's just ridiculous and would've probably been more relevant from '03-'07ish but seriously, we have the best athletic department in the big XII as of right now, and I don't think there's any denying that*.

as for the big 10, I'd like it from a money standpoint, but realistically it's not a fit. those places are dying, while the south is where the country as a whole is moving. also, we have little natural rivalry with many of those schools. the SEC is where we should be. (as a sidenote, I've noticed many longhorn/tech/baylor fans think we're a terrible fit for the SEC, and I'd really like to understand why. we're not talking about how "we're gonna get the shit knocked out of us by vandy!! hahaha hook 'em, yeah!!!! *high fives* who wants to go to oil can harry's?!" queries that are normally brought up, but rather about the cultural fit in the conference. get back to me on that).

* logically

9) now I have my own question that stemmed from my last response! why are the longhorns so afraid of texas a&m going to the SEC?!

MadBurgerMaker
08-10-2011, 12:20 AM
If Texas A&M is going to go to the SEC, they need to go now. This continuous cycle of WE'RE LEAVING WE REALLY ARE THIS TIME OKAY MAYBE NOT JUST YET BUT WE WILL SOON bullshit is getting old.

Dutchrudder
08-10-2011, 12:22 AM
If Texas A&M is going to go to the SEC, they need to go now. This continuous cycle of WE'RE LEAVING WE REALLY ARE THIS TIME OKAY MAYBE NOT JUST YET BUT WE WILL SOON bullshit is getting old.

Yeah, but is it ever the school's AD or president saying that, or just a bunch of sportswriters with 'insider sources'? I'm sick of this crap myself, but all I have seen is people trying to make a name for themselves off of predicting when this move will go down.

MadBurgerMaker
08-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Yeah, but is it ever the school's AD or president saying that, or just a bunch of sportswriters with 'insider sources'? I'm sick of this crap myself, but all I have seen is people trying to make a name for themselves off of predicting when this move will go down.

True. Well, hell, I don't even think it's really "sportswriters" for a lot of it, or at least not in the usual sense, let alone university administration types. It seems to be coming mostly from bloggers and such, and it just gets repeated over and over and over.

FWIW, the guy who covers Texas A&M for the Express News here in SA and the Houston Chronicle dumped this out on twitter:

High-ranking A&M official just told me there have been "no precipitating events that have led to today's rumors & speculations" about SEC

High-ranking A&M official also said there will be "no imminent announcement or anything of that matter" concerning the SEC

A&M official was mum on whether something might happen with the SEC at some point, citing Ags' general unhappiness with the Big 12 right now

The stuff just seems to come from nowhere and explodes all over various message boards and it's starting to piss me off. C'mon people! We need to be paying attention to more important things: like UTSA's first football season! :play:

Dutchrudder
08-10-2011, 09:53 AM
True. Well, hell, I don't even think it's really "sportswriters" for a lot of it, or at least not in the usual sense, let alone university administration types. It seems to be coming mostly from bloggers and such, and it just gets repeated over and over and over.

FWIW, the guy who covers Texas A&M for the Express News here in SA and the Houston Chronicle dumped this out on twitter:

The stuff just seems to come from nowhere and explodes all over various message boards and it's starting to piss me off. C'mon people! We need to be paying attention to more important things: like UTSA's first football season! :play:

Yeah, from what I have gathered it has all been bullshit put out by sportswriters looking to attract hits to their website, followers to their twitter and users to their forums. They have cried wolf too many times, it's time for people (Aggies) to wake up and realize they are getting played, and they look like dumbasses every time they fall for it. It's ridiculous that A&M fans can't wait to get out of the best situation they could have in college football only to get trampled by the SEC. I really don't understand it, but then again I'm not living in CS drinking the koolaide any more.

Ole Miss Texan
08-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I don't think it's just A&M, I don't think any school really wants to be put in the negative light of "dissolving the Big 12" by being the 1st to go... even if it's just a matter of time of it happening. A&M, UT, OU... they don't want to be the scapegoat.

UT - Independent
A&M - SEC
OU, OK St., Texas Tech - Pac 10

All others - good luck

UT is in the perfect position to be independent but how would their other programs fare? Only Notre Dame's football progam is "on their own" while there other programs compete in the... what is it the Big East?? Is that still how they operate?? I'd wonder if UT does some similar route.

Dutchrudder
08-10-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't think it's just A&M, I don't think any school really wants to be put in the negative light of "dissolving the Big 12" by being the 1st to go... even if it's just a matter of time of it happening. A&M, UT, OU... they don't want to be the scapegoat.

UT - Independent
A&M - SEC
OU, OK St., Texas Tech - Pac 10

All others - good luck

UT is in the perfect position to be independent but how would their other programs fare? Only Notre Dame's football progam is "on their own" while there other programs compete in the... what is it the Big East?? Is that still how they operate?? I'd wonder if UT does some similar route.

If it went down like you have it above, I could see UT getting into the Pac-12+ for its other sports, but scheduling 2-4 football games with the Pac-12+ each year as part of the deal. There may be some opportunity to share TV rights too. I suppose UT could go with the SEC for its other sports, but I don't know if they would want that.

I really wish UT, OU, OSU, and A&M would just go to the Pac-12 and make a super-conference, but I don't see it happening any more.

HoustonFrog
08-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Solomon is no ones favorite and this is hsi comment on the Ags in this

Jerome Solomon (@JeromeSolomon)
8/9/11 3:23 PM
Texas A&M lives on a regular rotation from embarrassing inferiority complex to illogical superiority complex.

Dan B.
08-10-2011, 01:02 PM
What would A&M's exit fees be like? Didn't they stiffen up the penalty for ditching the conference when Nebraska left?

Dutchrudder
08-10-2011, 01:59 PM
What would A&M's exit fees be like? Didn't they stiffen up the penalty for ditching the conference when Nebraska left?

Iirc, I believe it's 20 million per school that leaves the conference now, but it depends on how much notice they give. So if they give >6 months notice, they pay 20 mill, and then it scales down from there somehow to 50% of the money. I think they also forfeit any TV contract income once they formally leave the conference. In any case, it's a steep price.

FirstTexansFan
08-10-2011, 03:16 PM
<<<------- The only Aggie that truly amuses Texecutioner :)

Doppelganger
08-10-2011, 04:51 PM
So, if I watch this channel will I get to learn and see:

1. Where Ricky buys his weed?
2. Cedric Benson's boat dealer?
3. Where and what Mack Brown likes to eat for a pregame meal?
4. The UT athletic department swimming through their money bin Scrooge McDuck style?!

All said by a UT fan!

Texecutioner
08-10-2011, 05:14 PM
<<<------- The only Aggie that truly amuses Texecutioner :)

I like the Aggies. They're from Texas and I support them as well as TT. But I'm a UT fan at heart and always will be, but I've always wanted those 3 to be competitive because it made the BIG 12 more exciting to watch and made the rivalry stronger. Over the years though, it's not much of a rivalry anymore other than to A&M fans. That's their SB. Texas fans get heated up for the Red River Shoot Out and then just try to win more games than Oklahoma in order to get to the BIG 12 championship.

The ones that amuse me are the ones that constantly take shots at the Longhorns and have such a bitter hate. They're both Texas schools so I've never understood that. Texas is head and shoulders ahead of them though to where it's not even close, so there simply is no reason to get bothered by what a bitter Aggie fan would want to say that's negative.

FirstTexansFan
08-10-2011, 05:42 PM
When the Ag's win, I razz my teasip brethren, when they win, they razz me... thus why I have thick skin... I've been on the short end of that stick too many times to mention :)

Stemp
08-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Iirc, I believe it's 20 million per school that leaves the conference now, but it depends on how much notice they give. So if they give >6 months notice, they pay 20 mill, and then it scales down from there somehow to 50% of the money. I think they also forfeit any TV contract income once they formally leave the conference. In any case, it's a steep price.

The exit penalty is giving up conference TV revenue for a certain amount of time depending on how much notice you give the conference. 2+ years = no penalty, 1+ year = 1 year revenue, <1 year = 2 years revenue.

NU and CU were able to negotiate less than 1 year revenue even though they only gave 1 year of notice.

And the new Fox contract that "guarantees" $20M/yr hasn't yet been signed. So the penalties would only be the current contract amounts.

Hookem Horns
08-10-2011, 06:21 PM
I like the Aggies. They're from Texas and I support them as well as TT.

I am with you there also. I have always rooted for most SWC (now former) schools when they are not playing Texas.

A&M is probably my 2nd favorite school to root for (maybe because of my east Texas ties). I would love to see them in the SEC as long as they still play Texas every season. I just wish Texas would get out of the Big Snooze conference.

Texecutioner
08-11-2011, 02:09 AM
I am with you there also. I have always rooted for most SWC (now former) schools when they are not playing Texas.

A&M is probably my 2nd favorite school to root for (maybe because of my east Texas ties). I would love to see them in the SEC as long as they still play Texas every season. I just wish Texas would get out of the Big Snooze conference.

Yeah, I don't get the back and forth I have to hate you more syndrome that many Longhorn fans and Aggie fans like to carry. I'm a Longhorn fan through and through, but I have no Aggie hate. I'll wish for them to have success as long as it doesn't interfere with Longhorns goals. I've rooted for the Aggies to beat Oklahoma in many seasons. I've even rooted for the Aggies to beat Texas a few times in hopes that it would embarrass Texas enough to where they would ax Greg Davis or even Mack Brown. Finally Davis got that ax last season and he is long gone.

Stemp
08-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm an A&M fan and have season tickets there as well as the Texans. And while I like to mess with my longhorn friends (and I can certainly take the ribbing as well), I really don't have any hate for them, though I do despise some of their arrogant fanbase.

Ole Miss Texan
08-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I hope A&M does end up joining the SEC in the coming years but maintains the Texas rivaly game as one of their non-conference games. Would make for a very very tough schedule for sure but you gotta do it.

South Carolina and Clemson, for example, play every single year and its the last regular season game of the year. That's what UT and A&M should do.

pbat488
08-11-2011, 08:17 PM
I like the Aggies. They're from Texas and I support them as well as TT. But I'm a UT fan at heart and always will be, but I've always wanted those 3 to be competitive because it made the BIG 12 more exciting to watch and made the rivalry stronger. Over the years though, it's not much of a rivalry anymore other than to A&M fans. That's their SB. Texas fans get heated up for the Red River Shoot Out and then just try to win more games than Oklahoma in order to get to the BIG 12 championship.

The ones that amuse me are the ones that constantly take shots at the Longhorns and have such a bitter hate. They're both Texas schools so I've never understood that. Texas is head and shoulders ahead of them though to where it's not even close, so there simply is no reason to get bothered by what a bitter Aggie fan would want to say that's negative.

bolded = :ahhaha:

italicized = :potkettle:

Texecutioner
08-11-2011, 08:37 PM
bolded = :ahhaha:

italicized = :potkettle:

What is troubling you?

GlassHalfFull
08-11-2011, 09:43 PM
What is troubling you?

Tex, just curious. What year did you graduate from UT?

I have a theory based on graduation year and attitude.

Fightin' Aggie Class of '84 here. Which explains a lot.

pbat488
08-11-2011, 10:21 PM
What is troubling you?

well, my neck is killing me from a series of fracs today out near jewett, and recently it hurts when I pee so that sucks and is kinda scary..

but mostly, it's your hypocritical attitude about taking shots at teams/fanbases. you don't like it when other teams' fans take them at the longhorns, yet you continually take them at my ags by trying to belittle us.

also, to be clear, it's not the fact that you're saying stuff about aggie fans or a&m. that doesn't bother me too much; both of my older brothers went to tech and hardly any of my close friends from home even like a&m, so i'm not crying about that.

it's the fact that you claim to not like it when other fan bases say negative/derogatory things about the longhorns then proceed to do it. this is what is troubling me.

choose a stance and stick by it instead of waffling prease.

Texecutioner
08-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Tex, just curious. What year did you graduate from UT?

I have a theory based on graduation year and attitude.

Fightin' Aggie Class of '84 here. Which explains a lot.

I don't see how any type of graduation year would have anything to do with this. And I didn't go to school at UT. Are you one of those people that thinks that someone can only be a fan of a team in college sports if they attended there or something?

GlassHalfFull
08-12-2011, 12:30 AM
I don't see how any type of graduation year would have anything to do with this. And I didn't go to school at UT. Are you one of those people that thinks that someone can only be a fan of a team in college sports if they attended there or something?

Whoops, that felt a bit defensive.

I actually had a theory about attitudes based on when people had attended the school. Wasn't trying to call anyone out. My era was a bit more even. Then things got pretty uneven. They seem to be getting back to more even (hopefully).

I am an Aggie who loves her school. One of the prouder times in my life was when I went up to orientation with my son. I spent most of those 3 days with tears in my eyes remembering what A&M stands for and what my time there meant to me. We will be going to his graduation in the spring, and I expect to spend a bunch more time with tears.

Texecutioner
08-12-2011, 12:34 AM
well, my neck is killing me from a series of fracs today out near jewett, and recently it hurts when I pee so that sucks and is kinda scary..

but mostly, it's your hypocritical attitude about taking shots at teams/fanbases. you don't like it when other teams' fans take them at the longhorns, yet you continually take them at my ags by trying to belittle us.

also, to be clear, it's not the fact that you're saying stuff about aggie fans or a&m. that doesn't bother me too much; both of my older brothers went to tech and hardly any of my close friends from home even like a&m, so i'm not crying about that.

it's the fact that you claim to not like it when other fan bases say negative/derogatory things about the longhorns then proceed to do it. this is what is troubling me.

choose a stance and stick by it instead of waffling prease.

Are you kidding me?? We're in a UT thread where you're complaining about Texas getting a network and you have a constant history of taking digs at UT for as long as I can remember. And you're trying to act like I'm the guy doing that? Nice deflection from the truth and reality, but your history speaks for itself along with other Aggies in here that never miss an opportunity to take a dig at Texas. I'm just wondering where Pollardized is and why he is so late to the party. The only discourse I end up having with you that has anything to do with UT is from your own digs. I throw a little bit back in return and all of a sudden it's a problem. I remember last season when quite a few Aggs were all over the place kicking dust on UT after that awful season, the minute a Longhorn fan tossed it back in the direction it came it was a lot of crying and bad attitudes about it. If you want to dish it out, then make sure you can take it. Again, the Longhorn bashing from Aggies is comical to me.

Feel free to show me a thread where I slid in and dumped all over the Aggies for no reason or where it wasn't in return. As a matter of fact I don't even hardly start Longhorns threads in here. I'm usually just commenting in ones that "Aggie fans" start in here handing out a little reality check. I certainly have never started a thread about the Aggies ever. The only ill will I've ever wished on the Aggies was for Kubiak to get a job there as HC and the only reason why I even wished that on them was because I wanted him out of Houston. In this very thread, I said I liked the Aggies and generally wanted them to have success, yet you glance over that and get upset about some other comment. Sorry if the truth hurts, but it is the truth. If they go the SEC they're going to get hammered. They don't bring in enough talent year by year and they haven't even had much success in the BIG 12. If they do make that move though, I'll root for them, but I won't expect anything more than a 4 to 5 win season. A move to the BIG 10 would be a much a much smarter move to me.

Texecutioner
08-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Whoops, that felt a bit defensive.

I actually had a theory about attitudes based on when people had attended the school. Wasn't trying to call anyone out. My era was a bit more even. Then things got pretty uneven. They seem to be getting back to more even (hopefully).

I am an Aggie who loves her school. One of the prouder times in my life was when I went up to orientation with my son. I spent most of those 3 days with tears in my eyes remembering what A&M stands for and what my time there meant to me. We will be going to his graduation in the spring, and I expect to spend a bunch more time with tears.

Well that is great for you. I hope you enjoy your time. I know a lot of folks from your age group and era that are very proud Aggie fans. Good folks. I give them some ribbing here and there and they do the same to me. Personally I'd like to see A&M become a power house. I have wanted that for years. It would make the BIG 12 a lot more interesting than it just being Texas and Oklahoma being the big dogs that are favored to take it every season. The Texas and Texas A&M rivalry would be interesting again. Coming from a Texas fan it hasn't been for a long time. Personally I've wanted Texas A&M to embarrass Texas on more than one occassion as I stated before in hopes that it would get Mack Brown out of there, because if Texas loses to A&M the Alumni and the fan base in general finds it embarrassing. I'd much rather see Texas A&M and TT win the BIG 12 over Oklahoma if Texas isn't getting it done.

Dutchrudder
08-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Just an FYI, the anti-longhorn guy starting the silly threads was Orangelotpole and he was a U of H cougar. I think it just became a running joke after the fist couple "Ucla is giving it to Texas" or something like that. It was a bad season for ut no doubt, but I really don't recall anyone else being an ass about it.

Texecutioner
08-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Just an FYI, the anti-longhorn guy starting the silly threads was Orangelotpole and he was a U of H cougar. I think it just became a running joke after the fist couple "Ucla is giving it to Texas" or something like that. It was a bad season for ut no doubt, but I really don't recall anyone else being an ass about it.

I remember him as well. He was worse than anyone no doubt, but to dismiss the fact that a lot of the Aggies haven't thrown a ton of smack around on the Longhorns is just false Dutch. Again, it's their perogative. If you want to dish it, well you know the rest.

pbat488
08-12-2011, 11:12 AM
tex, you're not reading my posts carefully enough; I really couldn't care less when other people talk bad about me or things I like, seriously.

it's the fact that you steadfastly claim to not like people taking shots at your school then continue to do just that which makes me respond like I have.

And I didn't go to school at UT. Are you one of those people that thinks that someone can only be a fan of a team in college sports if they attended there or something?

I am one of those people if you're gonna make statements like this one.

Why would any Longhorn fan get angered by what Aggies fans have to say? Be realistic here.

b0ng
08-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Aggie Yell has got a big headline that says Bye Bye Big 12. Isn't this a tad premature?

pbat488
08-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Aggie Yell has got a big headline that says Bye Bye Big 12. Isn't this a tad premature?

yeah, way too early. i'm not getting my hopes up yet. a lot of things can change before the supposed august 22nd BoR meeting.

Dutchrudder
08-12-2011, 12:19 PM

Premature secession is becoming an epidemic among Aggies this year.

I really can't stand all the banter about this potential move. Aggies are acting like the SEC is some sort of football utopia that will fix everything that's wrong with A&M recruiting, when in reality, it will make it harder to recruit Texas players against Bama, LSU, Auburn, FU and Tenn. I think this is a terrible move for A&M if it happens, but all this talk about something that is currently a rumor is just stupid. If A&M doesn't go to the SEC because they reject A&M's bid, it will be a huge embarrassment to the school. Also, acting like a bunch of whiny bitches right now, could hurt our chances of getting into any other conference when the Big 12 dissolves. I really don't like how this is being handled.

Texecutioner
08-12-2011, 12:49 PM
tex, you're not reading my posts carefully enough; I really couldn't care less when other people talk bad about me or things I like, seriously.

it's the fact that you steadfastly claim to not like people taking shots at your school then continue to do just that which makes me respond like I have.

I am one of those people if you're gonna make statements like this one.

If you don't like my statements then I'd suggest you get some thicker skin as a fan or don't read them. I've said several times that I actually root for the Aggies in many cases and would like for them to get a lot stronger, but you keep looking for negatives and crying about them. It's not my duty to appease you or your Aggie feelings. You certainly haven't done that when talking about the Longhorns or other schools, so stop with the pot and kettle routine. It's gotten sad at this point. This is the exact type of routine of bitterness of why a lot of fans consider the Aggies as the little brother to the Longhorns by the way. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have said that since I didn't attend UT. After all I don't have that right according to you. Lol! I guess I turn this same idea around and ask if you "currently" attend Texas A&M. If not, then maybe you're not in a position to root for them either. And you should probably drop your support for the Texans as well. After all you're not a member of the team or on any of the coaching staff, nor do you work for the organization, so you shouldn't root for the Texans. You see how that works? You see how silly that sounds? This is exactly the reasons why I said from the very beginning that I find rhetoric like this from Aggie fans as amusing. You like to poke, but call foul and complain when the results don't fit your plan.

GlassHalfFull
08-12-2011, 01:01 PM
If you don't like my statements then I'd suggest you get some thicker skin as a fan or don't read them. I've said several times that I actually root for the Aggies in many cases and would like for them to get a lot stronger, but you keep looking for negatives and crying about them. It's not my duty to appease you or your Aggie feelings. You certainly haven't done that when talking about the Longhorns or other schools, so stop with the pot and kettle routine. It's gotten sad at this point. This is the exact type of routine of bitterness of why a lot of fans consider the Aggies as the little brother to the Longhorns by the way. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have said that since I didn't attend UT. After all I don't have that right according to you. Lol! I guess I turn this same idea around and ask if you "currently" attend Texas A&M. If not, then maybe you're not in a position to root for them either. And you should probably drop your support for the Texans as well. After all you're not a member of the team or on any of the coaching staff, nor do you work for the organization, so you shouldn't root for the Texans. You see how that works? You see how silly that sounds? This is exactly the reasons why I said from the very beginning that I find rhetoric like this from Aggie fans as amusing. You like to poke, but call foul and complain when the results don't fit your plan.

:kubepalm:

Am I allowed to root for them since I have a son currently a student???

Dayum. I thought once an Aggie, always an Aggie. Guess I need to go have them rewrite the traditions.

Texecutioner
08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
:kubepalm:

Like clockwork, I knew you'd be piggy backing.

I wasn't the one that made the suggestion that you had to go to school in order to root for a team. You Aggies fans have done that in this thread and have done that in others when you don't like the results of comments and complaints about other schools. See how that works? You just give me more material to work with when that's not even my intention, but since you want to go there........

GlassHalfFull
08-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Like clockwork, I knew you'd be piggy backing.

I wasn't the one that made the suggestion that you had to go to school in order to root for a team. You Aggies fans have done that in this thread and have done that in others. See how that works?

This will at least give you something else to cry for with the Aggies now.

Please show me where I said that. I asked a question because I had a theory about attitude and era.

Being an Aggie sports fan gets one used to heart break, I can't deny it. Kinda good training to be a Texans fan.

Texecutioner
08-12-2011, 01:19 PM
Please show me where I said that. I asked a question because I had a theory about attitude and era.

Being an Aggie sports fan gets one used to heart break, I can't deny it. Kinda good training to be a Texans fan.

You didn't, but if you read closely enough, you're fellow Aggie fan Pbat did. And this is only one of several times I've seen Aggie fans in here resort to that ploy in a discussion regarding Texas or the "alleged" rivalry between both schools. It seems like every time this stuff is being discussed at length that always comes into play. I wasn't suggesting that you couldn't root for your Aggies. I was turning the statement around to show how silly it was. Rooting for a college football team is no different than rooting for a Pro Hockey team in Canada or an NFL team in your own city.

pbat488
08-12-2011, 02:03 PM
first off, yes, I do attend and will be graduating from texas a&m either this december or next may with a degree in petroleum engineering, depending on whether I get an internship this fall with petrohawk/bhp in australia.

now, you're still not comprehending what i'm saying. I don't care if you're gonna bash me or my school (well, not exactly true, especially when you bash in your specific condescending way, see my paragraphs under the quote) i'm used to it and don't take offense too much. I don't get my feelings personally hurt by it, and usually have some clever retort to give back to them because that's my personality.

however, don't say you don't like it when people take shots at the school you support then turn around and do it right back. this is what gets at me. you have an inability to sense your own hypocrisy. you've stated multiple times you don't like it when people say stuff about the longhorns, then you respond in like. if you don't like it, then why do you do it?

Rooting for a college football team is no different than rooting for a Pro Hockey team in Canada or an NFL team in your own city.

you are correct, it's not! people are free to root for whoever the hell they want. but this patronizing mumbo jumbo about a&m being a cute little doormat for the high and mighty longhorns, or how anything an aggie says shouldn't be taken seriously or however you put it earlier in this thread is just freakin' stupid, even moreso in my eyes coming from someone who didn't even attend said school. it's total snobbishness/dooshbaggery on my part, but i'd much rather have an actual graduate talk shit instead of a t-shirt fan trying to talk down to me because it's just comical coming from people who don't know what it's like to attend either of the schools involved.

as an aside to this, real longhorns, not people on a message board, and I get on great as it is. there's always ribbing and jokes to be had, but there's usually a lot of respect there between us, because we know how great both institutions truly are, in their own separate ways.

Texecutioner
08-12-2011, 02:52 PM
first off, yes, I do attend and will be graduating from texas a&m either this december or next may with a degree in petroleum engineering, depending on whether I get an internship this fall with petrohawk/bhp in australia.

Good for you. I hope that it works out well for you.

now, you're still not comprehending what i'm saying. I don't care if you're gonna bash me or my school (well, not exactly true, especially when you bash in your specific condescending way, see my paragraphs under the quote) i'm used to it and don't take offense too much. I don't get my feelings personally hurt by it, and usually have some clever retort to give back to them because that's my personality.

Well you do seem to care, but you also seem to have had no problems criticizing Longhorns fans in the past and the alums in general. Some of it I've even agreed with. And weren't you just earlier in this thread calling all MMA fans a bunch of *********s or something like that, yet you're calling my hypocrtical?

however, don't say you don't like it when people take shots at the school you support then turn around and do it right back. this is what gets at me. you have an inability to sense your own hypocrisy. you've stated multiple times you don't like it when people say stuff about the longhorns, then you respond in like. if you don't like it, then why do you do it?

Well as I've stated before, when Aggies do it, I just find it amusing. When most other fans of other teams or schools do it, I do as well. I know that Texas is doing great things to stay competitive and it's not a school to frown upon. Not to me any way. If someone else feels differently, well that's their perogative, but it isn't going to change my thoughts one way or the other. But if someone is smack talking or trashing my favorite team just to do it or out of hate, or where it's not legit, then I'll gladly put a few things in perspective for them or send some of it back. You know that old saying in here that people like to use. "Don't start none and there won't be none." Well that goes hand in hand doesn't it. You don't see me jumping in on Aggies threads just to bash them consistently. You've never seen me start an Aggie thread to bash them. But if I'm going to listen to some digs being taken at the school or team I root for and I don't consider it legit, then it's game on!! If you consider that hypocritical, because I'm not going to turn the other cheek because you say so, well so be it. I disagree, because I'm not running around looking for reasons to pick on Aggie.

you are correct, it's not! people are free to root for whoever the hell they want. but this patronizing mumbo jumbo about a&m being a cute little doormat for the high and mighty longhorns, or how anything an aggie says shouldn't be taken seriously or however you put it earlier in this thread is just freakin' stupid,

Well sorry, but that's how I feel. That's how a lot of fans that root for UT feel and even fans that don't like either team that I talk to seem to get the same feeling as that.

even moreso in my eyes coming from someone who didn't even attend said school. it's total snobbishness/dooshbaggery on my part, but i'd much rather have an actual graduate talk shit instead of a t-shirt fan trying to talk down to me because it's just comical coming from people who don't know what it's like to attend either of the schools involved.

And see, it is quite obvious that you do push this tired rhetoric. "You didn't go to school there so you can't root for them!! T-shirt fan!!" Lol! What the hell is a T-shirt fan any way?? And just because you strut around your campus singing the Aggie fight song or how you miss your mommy around the dorms doesn't make you anymore educated of a fan or about the school in general than a guy that didn't go there ever or someone who went there 30 years ago. Half of my family went to UT for the record. My grandfather whom I'm very proud of was a big time Alum over there that donated a ton of money there annually and told me football stories about his years at Texas ever since I was a little kid. So did my father who didn't go there by the way, but his brother did and a lot of my cousins did. I've been attending games out there since I first knew what football was. Some 18 year old brat who just graduated HS and is enrolled there because he decided to go there probably doesn't know half of the stuff I know and have cherished about the team since I was little. But according to you, HE has more right to say the things I'm saying than I do?? Puuuullleeeeese!! That's a bunch of horseshit if I've ever heard it in my existence. Show me this rule that states only school enrolled students should root for a college football team. In case you haven't noticed, it's a business and it operates for revenue and off of what the fans bring in. My family has contributed a lot of money to that school and has raised all of us to root for that school. We weren't forced to attend there though and never was that something I cared about doing when I graduated.

as an aside to this, real longhorns and I get on great as it is. there's always ribbing and jokes to be had, but there's usually a lot of respect there between us, because we know how great both institutions truly are, in their own separate ways.

Real Longhorns. Lol! You see that's the thing you obviously can't get past. Either you went to school there or you didn't and that's the thing with you. Guess where I did go? I went to University of Houston. I never cared about that place one way or the other either. Never cared about their athletics, because I took classes there. That didn't make me "a cougar." I wanted to live in Houston when I graduated. I didn't automatically become some Cougar fan for life because some bitter fan of some other school such as yourself said I had to. I knew where my fan allegiences were and they weren't going to change. Your whole premise behind this is silly.

I do agree that both institutions are great schools though. I have a lot of friends that attended A&M and partied there a lot when I was younger. You keep this chip on your shoulder completely looking past many of the statements in here that I have said.

Dan B.
08-12-2011, 02:59 PM
T Shirt fans weren't such a big deal to Aggies in the '90s. Just sayin.

b0ng
08-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Premature secession is becoming an epidemic among Aggies this year.

I really can't stand all the banter about this potential move. Aggies are acting like the SEC is some sort of football utopia that will fix everything that's wrong with A&M recruiting, when in reality, it will make it harder to recruit Texas players against Bama, LSU, Auburn, FU and Tenn. I think this is a terrible move for A&M if it happens, but all this talk about something that is currently a rumor is just stupid. If A&M doesn't go to the SEC because they reject A&M's bid, it will be a huge embarrassment to the school. Also, acting like a bunch of whiny bitches right now, could hurt our chances of getting into any other conference when the Big 12 dissolves. I really don't like how this is being handled.

It's a terrible move for UT, that's for sure because if A&M leaves I don't see a team that would want to join the Big XII with LHN looming as trying to give UT the ultimate recruiting advantage. It's not the football games that won't be on LHN, it'll be all of the behind the scenes coaches access crap where they can showcase their prospects on their own network.

I know the Big XII is just been UT and OU for the last decade but it won't remain that way forever, and I just wonder what OU does if A&M leaves. There is no way in the world that the SEC would reject a bid by A&M unless it had a bunch of ridiculous stipulations to it like having to take in Baylor as well or some nonsense like that. SEC wants an inroads to Texas high school football programs, no way they would turn A&M down flat by themselves.

gwallaia
08-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Go Coogs!

Texecutioner
08-12-2011, 03:45 PM
T Shirt fans weren't such a big deal to Aggies in the '90s. Just sayin.

Yeah, in those Mackovich years Aggie fans hardly cared what Longhorns fans had to say or thought. The funny thing is that you stated in another thread that you were known as this VY hater or something like that around your die hard Longhorn friends and over here like some sort of apologist for him. I've experienced the very same thing regarding VY and also with Texas in general depending on who I'm talking to. If I'm talking to certain friends of mine that are die hard homers for UT, they get extremely angry at times when I'm telling them certain things that aren't perfect about the team or making my feelings known about Mack Brown and Greg Davis. They say I'm not a real fan at times because I don't tow the line of fan worship and I get called "a closet Aggie" at times thinking I'm going to be insulted by it. Lol!

Kaiser Toro
08-12-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't mind seeing the Ags cut and run, since this "rivalry" has always been a one sided, emotion driven tradition. My only concern is the other SEC schools having more of a recruiting footprint in Texas. The upside is that I will get to see some SEC football in College Station.

b0ng
08-13-2011, 10:33 AM
ESPN radio is saying A&M is going to be announced Monday and Clemson, FSU, and Mizzou are also likely. Apparently Doug Gottleib is breaking the story.

Gottlieb is saying A&M going to the SEC is a sure thing.

Wolf
08-13-2011, 11:17 AM
NCAA shoots down college networks showing prep games

The spate of new television networks affiliated with different NCAA conferences knew that they wouldn't get a chance to broadcast high school games for at least a year. Now it appears that they may never get that chance.

According to a variety of sources, the NCAA officially ruled that networks affiliated with individual schools or individual conferences will not be allowed to broadcast any high school events. The decision was based on the logic that televising events on those networks would provide their affiliated colleges with an unbalanced recruiting advantage.

The NCAA's decision goes far beyond the temporary, one-year ban on televising high school events that was agreed upon by Big 12 athletic directors at a meeting at the start of August. And while the NCAA's ruling will also affect schools in the Pac-12 and Big 10, the clear catalyst behind the move was the Longhorn Network, which had announced plans to broadcast a slate of 18 high school football games earlier in the summer.

In the meantime, NCAA President Mark Emmert told the Austin American-Statesman that a long-planned summit on university and conference-affiliated television networks would go forward as planned, even with the issue of high school broadcasts now settled.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/NCAA-shoots-down-college-networks-showing-prep-g?urn=highschool-wp4566

Wolf
08-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I root for all Texas schools, unless they are playing UT.

however, living in Austin, what I found out is lots of UT fans are snobby. And what was ironic is that my friends and I went camping and ended up camping next to some A&M people. It was some pretty good times, down to earth both us and them, sure we had a little ribbing going back and forth but was pretty cool

Last season was tough, but probably the most humorous saying I think I read on here was "oh, the doctors finally beat the lawyers" ...after the Baylor game

Showtime100
08-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Go Coogs!

....it's like he reads my mind or something. :D

Texecutioner
08-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I don't mind seeing the Ags cut and run, since this "rivalry" has always been a one sided, emotion driven tradition. My only concern is the other SEC schools having more of a recruiting footprint in Texas. The upside is that I will get to see some SEC football in College Station.

Yeah, that's one thing no one has really talked about much thus far. Hopefully it doesn't make that much of an impact.

ATXtexanfan
08-13-2011, 04:23 PM
aTm to the sec is sweet. i think they will be able to hold their own. man can't wait for the likes of bama and florida to visit college station. also can't believe UT has run off neb and aTm. funny how OU is still standing by their side

b0ng
08-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, that's one thing no one has really talked about much thus far. Hopefully it doesn't make that much of an impact.

Does all of the SEC being able to recruit Texas have the possibility of a huge impact?

Dutchrudder
08-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Does all of the SEC being able to recruit Texas have the possibility of a huge impact?

Yeah, as much as the Longhorns seem to think this won't effect them, I think they will be singing a different tune in the next 4 years. The SEC recruits very well in general, but not very well in Texas (compared to the Big 12 schools). Pending realignment, every other year LSU, Bama, Auburn, and the Miss's will have a game to invite Texas recruits to.

Kaiser Toro
08-13-2011, 04:44 PM

It will be part of the pitch to families, especially for those schools in the West.

I would like to see UT go Independent for football. What happens with basketball and baseball will be interesting to see should they go that route.

Lucky
08-13-2011, 05:07 PM
I've had people tell me they prefer college football to the NFL because it's "pure". Please. "Pure" greed. Rivalries and tradition take a backseat to $$$. We know the NFL is about $$$. No one's hiding that. College football and their noise about "student athletes" makes me ill. Treat these guys like employees and provide them health insurance after their playing days are over. Don't tell me the money's not there.

[/rant]

Tailgate
08-13-2011, 08:15 PM
aTm to the sec is sweet. i think they will be able to hold their own. man can't wait for the likes of bama and florida to visit college station. also can't believe UT has run off neb and aTm. funny how OU is still standing by their side

Run off??? This isn't about the Longhorn Network anymore. The NCAA ruled against showing high school game recruits, and there were even concessions made regarding what games get shown,etc. So all the bitching A&M did regarding certain aspects of the LHN were all quelled. And let me ask you a question, would A&M turned down the opportunity to get their own friggin network with ESPN? Hell no!

So what is this really about? This is about A&M trying to get out from under Texas shadow. They are wanting to show they can make their own decision and make it out on their own. Plain and simple. Texas didn't run anyone off, so quit acting like this is all big bad UTs fault.

b0ng
08-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Texas didn't run anyone off, so quit acting like this is all big bad UTs fault.

Why did NU leave the BIGXII?

Tailgate
08-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Why did NU leave the BIGXII?

8 reasons:

1. 12/05/09 ... Texas 13, Nebraska 12
2. 10/27/07 ... Texas 28, Nebraska 25
3. 10/21/06 ... Texas 22, Nebraska 20
4. 11/01/03 ... Texas 31, Nebraska 7
5. 11/02/02 ... Texas 27, Nebraska 24
6. 10/23/99 ... Texas 24, Nebraska 20
7. 10/31/98 ... Texas 20, Nebraska 16
8. 12/07/96 ... Texas 37, Nebraska 27

In all seriousness. If A&M or Nebraska had a chance to join forces with ESPN to create their own network, the first of its kind.... do you honestly think they would have said no?

b0ng
08-13-2011, 10:16 PM
8 reasons:

In all seriousness. If A&M or Nebraska had a chance to join forces with ESPN to create their own network, the first of its kind.... do you honestly think they would have said no?

What does it matter, then those schools would be in UT's position where it looks like everybody is trying to get away from them if they had their own network. They'd say yes, and other teams would slowly back away from them (like they are now). This kind of all started when the Big10 Network came about and made a ton of money for the entire conference, and they show everything Big10. But the LHN is not going to be the same kind of animal with all the schools getting the same amount of exposure and I think that's why you have this same issue coming up so soon after it appeared to have been settled.

This re-alignment stuff is going to keep happening if the BigXII is going to be perceived to be controlled by the southern division (Namely UT), and I'm very interested in seeing if the whole conference dissolves if A&M is actually going, which is something I have to see to believe. I read a rumor that 3 teams were in talks with the PAC to jump ship if A&M leaves (I think the teams were OU, OSU and TTU but I could be wrong) so it could get really interesting early next week.

Showtime100
08-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Coogs.

b0ng
08-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Wonder if the coogs get out of CUSA with all the realignment stuff going on

Showtime100
08-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Post edited edue to it's tackiness..........with apologies.

Tailgate
08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
What does it matter, then those schools would be in UT's position where it looks like everybody is trying to get away from them if they had their own network. They'd say yes, and other teams would slowly back away from them (like they are now). This kind of all started when the Big10 Network came about and made a ton of money for the entire conference, and they show everything Big10. But the LHN is not going to be the same kind of animal with all the schools getting the same amount of exposure and I think that's why you have this same issue coming up so soon after it appeared to have been settled.

This re-alignment stuff is going to keep happening if the BigXII is going to be perceived to be controlled by the southern division (Namely UT), and I'm very interested in seeing if the whole conference dissolves if A&M is actually going, which is something I have to see to believe. I read a rumor that 3 teams were in talks with the PAC to jump ship if A&M leaves (I think the teams were OU, OSU and TTU but I could be wrong) so it could get really interesting early next week.

Actually, you nailed it. This all began with the Big 10 network. The Big 12 was never going to get a true network going, and they struggled to get any true TV deal done that was comparable to other conferences that all were more advanced than the Big 12 for the most part. The only conference that the BIG 12 had a better TV was the Big East. Pretty bad. Meaning, Texas did what they felt they had to do in lue of all of this. Again, if any other school in the Big 12 was in the same position and had an opportunity to do what Texas did by partnering with ESPN, you better believe they would have done it.

IMO, the dissolution of the BIG 12 was going to eventually happen. I thought we all knew that after the PAC deal did not happen, that staying together was temporary anyway? The super conferences looks like it will still happen, and I agree... where this all ends up will be interesting. But trying to put all the blame on Texas for this as they are the big bad monster is just not accurate.

Tailgate
08-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Found this post over on Texags. Seemed pretty damn on point to me....

Just want to cleanup a couple of things and then Iím out. Here are a few facts:

1. NU and CU left because they were pissed that all votes seemed to go to the South or the old SWC schools, not just to Texas. No more partial quallifiers, Conf HQ to Dallas, Conf Champ Game to Texas, etc.

2. A&M voted with Texas on just about every item ever voted on in the BigXII

3. Before the LHN came along, Texas NEVER got a single benefit from the BigXII or other schools that A&M did not also get.

4. A&M voted for unequal revenue.

5. A&M received a higher than average % of tv revenue every year they were in the BigXII, not just this year. Always have benefited from unequal revenue since the very first year.

6. Texas approached A&M about some sort of network several years ago. At the time neither one knew how big it could be and both thought the schools themselves would have to pay up front money. A&M Ath Dept was in a serious financial bind and didnít think there would be much revenue so they declined.

7. A&M and all other parties knew about the LHN last summer.

8. possible high school games on the LHN were discussed and common knowledge to everyone back in December.

9. When all school met a few weeks ago and concerns about hs games and 2nd BigXII game were discussed, LHN agreed to not show hs games until NCAA ruled and also offered to drop the whole idea altogether if necessary. But also showed how a strong LHN could benefit all schools.

10. Texas went over itís entire contract with all schools there.

11. As for the additional BigXII game, Fox and ESPN made a deal that would allow that to happen. Fox gave concessions to ESPN but would get something in return in the future. No one knows what that was but they didnít give it up for nothing and it would have likely included additional games to Fox to the benefit of other conference schools.

12. The additional BigXII game on LHN would mean a windfall for another BigXII team so the BigXII agreed to allow it as long as both parties agreed. LHN had already been talking to Tech about the game and offered them a significant amount of money. $5mil over and above what they already get, plus 2 more games on TV that would otherwise not have been televised. That opportunity was only available to Tech as a result of the LHN. Nothing was done behind Techís back and Tech would have done very well if they so desired. Texas would make the same amount of money whether Tech agreed or not.

13. Contrary to popular belief, there was never anything even remotely bad in that contract, as pointed out by various non-partial lawyers, etc since. And all was known by A&M and others at this meeting.

14. All schools left the meeting satisfied that there were no issues and as long as Texas kept itís word and did not attempt to televise hs games they would commit to the BigXII.

15. Nothing changed after that. The LHN ceased any planning of televising hs games. Texas even reiterated that if it kept everyone happy they would try to insure that LHN did not televise any hs games regardless of what NCAA ruled because it wasnít a huge part of the network. Meanwhile A&M continued talks with the SEC.

16. Initially, A&M agreed and made a 10 year commitment to the BigXII last summer in exchange for a guaranteed $20mil/year payout from the conference. Beebe agreed that the conference would come up with the money to pay from a combination of NU/CU buyout money and increased tv contract revenue. Texas and OU agreed to forego their usual unequal revenue split of the buyout fee to allow A&M to have a greater shareÖas well as the other schools.

17. With the new $1.2 bil Fox contract for the conference 2nd tier tv rights (already signed) A&M is now assured of getting at least the promised $20mil every year.

Iím sure everyone is going to pick every one of those apart or just simply say, stupid arrogant sip but Iím pretty sure those are the facts. Not sure I see where all the greedy sip rhetoric is coming from. Although, like I said, I do think A&M just saw an opportunity to move east and used a lot of this to ratchet up the hate. I also understand that fans are fans and get riled up about things that they sometimes donít have the full story on but that A&M admin knew all the facts and based their decision more on just getting out and not all the hate spewed on these boards.

oh, and for the guy who asked

18. Once A&M joins the SEC, you will no longer be able to host the 7 on 7 tournament because the SEC has banned them for all member schools. Technically they are considered non-scholastic so they are not a school sponsored activity, nor are they UIL sponsored so the LHN could probably televise them. Realistically, I doubt they will and the NCAA will probably change the rule to close any possible loopholes but there is nothing to stop the tournament form moving to Austin, even if it is not televised.

With that, Iím out. Good luck ags and have a good year.

gwallaia
08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
Wonder if the coogs get out of CUSA with all the realignment stuff going on

There has been a lot of buzz about UH being invited to the Big12 if A&M leaves for the SEC.

But you never know what will happen.

b0ng
08-14-2011, 01:14 AM
There has been a lot of buzz about UH being invited to the Big12 if A&M leaves for the SEC.

But you never know what will happen.

I can't imagine that actually happening unless UH does something to replace or upgrade Robertson Stadium.

Would the BigXII possibly lose their AQ status if they replace A&M with Houston?

Pantherstang84
08-14-2011, 09:36 AM
8 reasons:

Exactly. Neither school would have said no. This is what kills me about this whole issue. I have been listening to some of the sports radio pundits and the UT fanboys are bitching and moaning about A&M leaving the Big12 conference.

I am assuming that with a straight face, they are saying that A&M's move is not about money. Instead it is about A&M running from UT and their TV deal.

News flash:

It is always about the money!

The University of Texas went and got their payday with the Longhorn Network. Now they have heartburn when another school goes to another conference for more money? Sounds like the lawyers want their cake and to eat it too.

gwallaia
08-14-2011, 11:01 AM
I can't imagine that actually happening unless UH does something to replace or upgrade Robertson Stadium.

Would the BigXII possibly lose their AQ status if they replace A&M with Houston?

Plans to expand Robertson Stadium are already complete. $51 million has been raised so far for the $120 million dollar project. In the meantime, 2 - 3 years, UH home games would be played at Reliant Stadium.

The BigXII would not lose the AQ status.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/uh-new-stadium-downtown.jpg

Lucky
08-14-2011, 11:10 AM
In the meantime, 2 - 3 years, UH home games would be played at Reliant Stadium.

I'm more likely to go see the Coogs games at Reliant. BTW, what's the seating capacity of the renovated stadium?

b0ng
08-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Plans to expand Robertson Stadium are already complete. $51 million has been raised so far for the $120 million dollar project. In the meantime, 2 - 3 years, UH home games would be played at Reliant Stadium.

The BigXII would not lose the AQ status.

Home games on Saturdays? I can't imagine that the field would be ready to go for an NFL game if it just had a college game played on it the day (or night) before.

Are they doing some sort of scheduling thing where the Coogs and the Texans are playing opposite each other (One home one away every weekend)?

Showtime100
08-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Thank you all for not acting on my earlier post. It was as tacky, rude, and disrespectful. I was drinking bigtime last night and have no other excuse. Anyway, carry on. My apologies and sincere thanks again. :smooch:

:fans:

gwallaia
08-14-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm more likely to go see the Coogs games at Reliant. BTW, what's the seating capacity of the renovated stadium?

Ultimately it will be 50,000+.
I actually prefer to see the Coogs play at Robertson Stadium, it has a more college atmosphere to it.

Home games on Saturdays? I can't imagine that the field would be ready to go for an NFL game if it just had a college game played on it the day (or night) before.

Are they doing some sort of scheduling thing where the Coogs and the Texans are playing opposite each other (One home one away every weekend)?

That's a good question. I'm not sure how the scheduling would be handled?

http://www.chron.com/sports/photogallery/UHs_plans_for_athletics_upgrades.html#22013403

b0ng
08-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Ultimately it will be 50,000+.
I actually prefer to see the Coogs play at Robertson Stadium, it has a more college atmosphere to it.

That's a good question. I'm not sure how the scheduling would be handled?

http://www.chron.com/sports/photogallery/UHs_plans_for_athletics_upgrades.html#22013403

Interesting times for sure, and I am hoping that we can get out of CUSA and at least be in an AQ conference for a little while before everybody decides that superconferences are for the best.

It'd also be nice to have a nationally recognized football program that would have a legitimate shot at winning everything in this city. I have a feeling that if the Coogs were winning a lot more there'd be a much more tangible buzz locally for the football team.

God I'd love to see UH in a big bowl in my lifetime.

Dan B.
08-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Exactly. Neither school would have said no. This is what kills me about this whole issue. I have been listening to some of the sports radio pundits and the UT fanboys are bitching and moaning about A&M leaving the Big12 conference.

I am assuming that with a straight face, they are saying that A&M's move is not about money. Instead it is about A&M running from UT and their TV deal.

News flash:

It is always about the money!

The University of Texas went and got their payday with the Longhorn Network. Now they have heartburn when another school goes to another conference for more money? Sounds like the lawyers want their cake and to eat it too.

It's funny how OU saw UT getting its own network and said "we need one of those of our own."

But A&M saw it (after rejecting a joint network with the Horns) and broke their legs scurrying away.

UT could've gotten more money last year. They could have joined the Big 10, or the Pac 10 by themselves after A&M pulled this whiny card a year ago. UT didn't. They stood by their centuries old rivals. They told potential conferences that it was everyone, or no one.

A&M is ditching their brothers. That's the difference.

b0ng
08-14-2011, 02:53 PM
I love the outrage from butthurt UT fans. Nebraska leaves, Colorado leaves? No big deal guys we got all the teams that matter.

A&M? **** YOU YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE OUR BROTHER.

Dan B.
08-14-2011, 03:07 PM
I love the outrage from butthurt UT fans. Nebraska leaves, Colorado leaves? No big deal guys we got all the teams that matter.

Dude we didn't play Nebraska for a century

HoustonFrog
08-14-2011, 05:20 PM
SEC to Texas A&M..."No Fat Chicks" (stolen from friend)..LOL

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6861385/sec-satisfied-current-alignment-extend-invite-texas-am

The Southeastern Conference is not extending an invitation to Texas A&M to become its 13th member, but isn't ruling out adding the Aggies in the future.

University of Florida president Dr. Bernie Machen said the conference's presidents and chancellors met on Sunday and "reaffirmed our satisfaction with the present 12 institutional alignment."

"We recognize, however, that future conditions may make it advantageous to expand the number of institutions in the league," Machen said.

Dutchrudder
08-14-2011, 06:17 PM
SEC to Texas A&M..."No Fat Chicks" (stolen from friend)..LOL

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6861385/sec-satisfied-current-alignment-extend-invite-texas-am

:wadepalm::wadepalm::wadepalm::wadepalm:

If that's what happens, then A&M has noone to blame but themselves. They have handled this whole situation so poorly over the past few months that I really can't blame the SEC if they don't want us. At least Nebraska and Colorado left the conference with some dignity.

Kaiser Toro
08-14-2011, 06:41 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRLx0S6Vx_is16FMOo0YCqX898CWkn9 kMoj2UXLldFcfePdgya

One of my Aggies buddies sent this to me two days ago....karma is a *****.

b0ng
08-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Not So Fast (http://texas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1251783)

A source locked into Texas A&M's situation said the Aggies will be announced as members of the Southeastern Conference beginning in 2012 within 21 days.

"Texas A&M wants the SEC, and the SEC wants Texas A&M," the source said.

The SEC presidents met Sunday and decided to take no action on Texas A&M but certainly left the door open.

"We discussed criteria and process associated with expansion," said Florida president Bernie Machen, chairman of the SEC presidents and chancellors, in a statement.

The A&M source said the process to complete A&M's move from the Big 12 to the SEC was always expected to take two to three weeks. That process continues uninterrupted, the source said.

I don't know what to believe anymore. . .

Pantherstang84
08-14-2011, 08:01 PM
It's funny how OU saw UT getting its own network and said "we need one of those of our own."

But A&M saw it (after rejecting a joint network with the Horns) and broke their legs scurrying away.

UT could've gotten more money last year. They could have joined the Big 10, or the Pac 10 by themselves after A&M pulled this whiny card a year ago. UT didn't. They stood by their centuries old rivals. They told potential conferences that it was everyone, or no one.

A&M is ditching their brothers. That's the difference.

I don't buy it. The only school UT cares about is UT, to think otherwise is foolish. Likewise the only school A&M cares about is A&M, to think otherwise is also foolish.

Disclaimer...I never attended or sought to attend University of Texas or Texas A&M. Furthermore, my kids have never attended either school.

gwallaia
08-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm hearing talk now that the SEC can't invite A&M, that A&M must first apply otherwise there is some legal problems the SEC could incur.

The A&M Board of Regents meets tomorrow to discuss among other things, conference affiliation. Stay tuned, it may not be over quite yet.

Pantherstang84
08-14-2011, 09:13 PM

Yeah. It's hypocritical if you ask me.

Dutchrudder
08-15-2011, 10:54 AM
A&M to SEC in MS Paint...

THujone FTW!

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/94799-Cfb-offseason-in-ms-paint-part-ii-dateline-Aggy

Stemp
08-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Loftin was given authority as to conference alignment yesterday.

Expect things to simmer down for a few days, for A&M to negotiate exit fees and other stuff then make a move very quickly after and without much notice.

TexanSam
08-16-2011, 04:37 PM
a&m to sec in ms paint...

Thujone ftw!

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/94799-cfb-offseason-in-ms-paint-part-ii-dateline-aggy

lmao!

Dutchrudder
08-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I may be an Aggie, but I have no problem laughing at my school :)

And I hope Ole Miss Texan sees this:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/sec98.jpg

Dutchrudder
08-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Also, this gif is awesome:

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/n38cjc.gif

Ole Miss Texan
08-16-2011, 07:00 PM

:bat:

gwallaia
08-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Aggie's In-Box

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/Texas-am-inbox-logo.jpg

Dutchrudder
08-17-2011, 02:52 PM
:bat:

A bat? You sure you don't mean to use pitchforks and torches? :D

bah007
08-18-2011, 03:06 PM
As a Texas fan I'll add my take.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! - I graduated from Sam Houston. I have been a Texas fan my entire life and wanted to attend school there, but my parents couldn't afford it. They also didn't want me paying off loans for my entire life so UT was off the table. Some people thinks that means I'm not a true fan, or that I'm a t shirt fan. And guess what? I could care less. They have always and will always be my team. And my twin brother is a lifelong fan of the Aggies. He even lived in College Station while he was attending Blinn. Therefore, I think I have the unique insight of a person who is actually a fan of both programs.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

As far as the Texas situation goes, I don't think they did anything wrong. Nobody would have turned down what they were offered, and they would have been fools to turn it down themselves.

It all comes down to what is fair. Does fair mean giving everybody the same thing? Or does fair mean giving everybody what they deserve? Texas brings in the most revenue for the Big XII, that is why they receive the most revenue. Is that fair? Some say no.

In my opinion, this is the Big XII's fault. They have let Texas embarrass them. They let Texas walk all over them and give in to their every request. They know that they cannot afford to lose Texas. If they do, they lose the largest piece of revenue.

And by never stepping up to Texas and drawing a line in the sand, they have become Texas' hostage. Because Texas now knows that the Big XII will do anything to keep them.

There needs to be a time when the Big XII steps up and says, "These are the conference's guidelines, and EVERYBODY needs to follow them." But that time has never come, and I doubt it ever will.

Texas has become bigger than the conference, and that should never happen.

Does this make Texas look greedy? Yes. But is it wrong? I don't know. If they can earn more than the other schools then why should they be held back from maximizing their brand?

As for A&M, I say do what is best for A&M. As long as the Aggies and Longhorns still play every year, I could care less what conference they are in. Just like UT, why should A&M be held back?

I don’t understand why some UT fans are upset about A&M trying to leave. They are just trying to maximize their revenue, which is exactly what Texas has done.

This is different than Nebraska. Nebraska left because Oklahoma and Texas passed them by. They were the golden goose when the Big XII started, and they got left in the dust. They offered up plenty of excuses as to why they were leaving, but they left because they couldn’t keep up. They ran away.

This is more like Colorado. And no, I am not saying that Colorado is equal to A&M. I am saying the situations are more similar. Colorado got a better offer, so they left. A&M is trying to get themselves a better offer, and if they get one, they should take it.

I also happen to think that A&M would fit in well with the SEC. I think that they would get dogged on the football field for at least a few years. But culturally, A&M has always seemed more like an SEC school to me anyway.

All in all, if A&M leaves, I wish them well. As a Texas fan, I am only worried about two things:

1) I hope that they don't throw away our rivalry. I know that UT wants to keep it. As much as the fanbases seem to hate each other, we have always been brothers.
2) A&M going to the SEC would change recruiting in the state of Texas. It would invite those schools to invade the state, and it would take away any recruiting advantage that A&M thinks they would gain by going over there. It would also affect Texas. As much as we like to think it wouldn't, it would.

Sorry for the length of the post, folks.

spurstexanstros
08-18-2011, 06:56 PM
to this thread

oh yeah well my school is on FOx,no ...NBC ( no they have the golden domers)CBS, No...can I get them on versus maybe.... Ok I'll settle for the UPN...no...public access....hold on let me do a search for UTSA football....ok it comes up between Undercover Hotties pay per view and Violent Femmes reunion tour...WTF..oh well go Roadrunners

stop your bitchin aggies and uters...least your school is relavent..God I cant even spell that right...crumple crumple...at least the degree fits in trash can....

Blake
08-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Aggies can't stand ignoring a UT thread that has nothing to do with them. While I respect a lot of Aggie friends I have, this looks like penis envy again.

bah007
08-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Aggies can't stand ignoring a UT thread that has nothing to do with them. While I respect a lot of Aggie friends I have, this looks like penis envy again.

My take on the fans of both sides has always been this:

90% of Texas fans are just people who love the Longhorns and hold no grudge against A&M other than the fact that we are rivals. But the other 10% are just arrogant jackasses who think that being a fan of a certain team somehow makes them "better" than people who choose to cheer for a different team.

90% of A&M fans are just people who love the Aggies and hold no grudge against Texas other than the fact that we are rivals. But the other 10% suffer from a severe inferiority complex and think that they must constantly prove that A&M is just as good as Texas.

The really bad part is that these small 10% populations do most of the talking. And that is why everyone on the outside thinks that Longhorns are pricks and Aggies are retarded.

Blake
08-19-2011, 04:16 PM
My take on the fans of both sides has always been this:

90% of Texas fans are just people who love the Longhorns and hold no grudge against A&M other than the fact that we are rivals. But the other 10% are just arrogant jackasses who think that being a fan of a certain team somehow makes them "better" than people who choose to cheer for a different team.

90% of A&M fans are just people who love the Aggies and hold no grudge against Texas other than the fact that we are rivals. But the other 10% suffer from a severe inferiority complex and think that they must constantly prove that A&M is just as good as Texas.

The really bad part is that these small 10% populations do most of the talking. And that is why everyone on the outside thinks that Longhorns are pricks and Aggies are retarded.

Good post. To be honest I think this is how 99% of any fan base is. There are always those bad apples that are going to give the fan-base a bad name to others.

gwallaia
08-23-2011, 10:48 PM
Funny but probably true shot at the LHN

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/815818-big-12-football-look-for-extremely-objective-espn-reporting-on-texas-football

Stemp
08-25-2011, 06:18 PM
And now it's official. A&M is moving out...

c10x
08-26-2011, 01:24 AM

It's gonna cost them if they do. Texas and OU both declined the dollars from the Nebraska & Colorado payout. As a contingent to stay, only a year ago, A&M demanded all of the money. If they choose to leave so soon afterwards, the small schools are going to be out for blood when it comes to departure fees.

Not that fees are a reason to stay, but it is going to cost them.

Hookem Horns
08-26-2011, 03:17 AM

Good for them. I would love to be in the SEC with relevant opponents almost every week. The problem for them might be they may not be a relevant opponent to most teams there, though I hope that is not the case. I will root for them over there.

I just wish Texas would get out of the Big XII. Besides OU it's pretty much a bore for me.

b0ng
08-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Texas is going to try and replace the Thanksgiving UT/A&M game with UT/Notre Dame.

I wonder if this is the begining of that Texas/N.D. ******** superconference that was being rumored a few weeks ago when it was more clear that the Aggies were leaving.

Stemp
08-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Texas may schedule a home and home with ND, but it won't be for thanksgiving. ND already plays either Stanford or USC Thanksgiving weekend. They may give up Stanford, but they aren't going to give up the USC game for Texas. And they sure aren't going to join the Big 12-3 when they've already spurned the Big East and the Big 10. Their donor alums are adamant about staying independent and their alums control the purse strings for the school and AD.

b0ng
08-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Texas may schedule a home and home with ND, but it won't be for thanksgiving. ND already plays either Stanford or USC Thanksgiving weekend. They may give up Stanford, but they aren't going to give up the USC game for Texas. And they sure aren't going to join the Big 12-3 when they've already spurned the Big East and the Big 10. Their donor alums are adamant about staying independent and their alums control the purse strings for the school and AD.

While N.D. may feel as though independence is apart of their identity, they will start feeling left out if superconferences form (say 4 conferences of 16 teams each) and they don't have a chair when the music stops. Also, N.D.'s deal with NBC isn't that great compared to the money schools in the SEC/BigXII/Big10 get from their deals with the conference. Throw Pac-12 in there now as well I think.

Stemp
08-28-2011, 05:45 PM
While N.D. may feel as though independence is apart of their identity, they will start feeling left out if superconferences form (say 4 conferences of 16 teams each) and they don't have a chair when the music stops. Also, N.D.'s deal with NBC isn't that great compared to the money schools in the SEC/BigXII/Big10 get from their deals with the conference. Throw Pac-12 in there now as well I think.

IF there is a major rearrangement to super conferences, then you may be right. However, that won't happen in the near future. Right now, the Big 12 is looking to add just 1 team and their best bet is probably BYU or UH. There is little to no chance ND makes a move right now. Maybe in 5 or 6 years at the earliest.

BattleRedToro
08-29-2011, 12:37 AM

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/thujone/sec98.jpg

University of Texas has so little room to criticize Ole Miss as racist. It isn't like UT was a trailblazer when it came to enrolling black students.

Dutchrudder
08-29-2011, 01:26 AM
University of Texas has so little room to criticize Ole Miss as racist. It isn't like UT was a trailblazer when it came to enrolling black students.

It's a joke dude. The author could have used just about any SEC school for that pic, just happened to be Ole Miss.

Post #6,666: endorsing racist jokes. Hmmmmm...

BattleRedToro
08-29-2011, 07:53 AM
It's a joke dude. The author could have used just about any SEC school for that pic, just happened to be Ole Miss.

Post #6,666: endorsing racist jokes. Hmmmmm...

I know it's a joke, but it belies the fact that UT was slow to allow black students to attend just like Ole Miss. Therefore, UT fans have little ground to stand on to depict some other university as racist, even if it's a joke.

Kaiser Toro
08-29-2011, 08:31 AM

My great Aunt was the VP of a local NAACP chapter and worked with Thurgood Marshall to support the Sweatt case.

BattleRedToro
08-29-2011, 12:15 PM
My great Aunt was the VP of a local NAACP chapter and worked with Thurgood Marshall to support the Sweatt case.

That's cool.:brando:

Hookem Horns
08-29-2011, 12:44 PM

I doubt they will ever join the Big XII however the reason why they will not join the Big 10 is a moral one. It's a Catholic school and some Big 10 schools are involved in stem cell research which they are against. This has been their official stance on not joining the Big 10. They are in the Big East with their other progams however football wise it is a weak conference.

There are rumors that the Big XII is the most likely conference they would join however I don't see it. Outside of Texas and OU the rest of the conference is a bore. I personally really dislike the Big XII. It's a boring conference.

Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, OSU, Baylor, Mizzou ....:zzz: dude wake me up after all of those boring schools have been played.

What person that grew up in Texas could really get excited about those schools? There is zero history with the states of Kansas, Missouri, and Iowa. And Baylor? Most Baylor fans don't even take their football program seriously.

I could always get up for Nebraska, CU (sometimes), and of course A&M is always fun, now those schools are gone. So the only teams left that even make me want to turn on the TV is OU and Tech. The Sand Aggies only because their fans are pretty obnoxious and I like to see them get beat down.

So with that all said, why in the world would ND want to join the Big XII?? They would be locked into the same boring schedule.

Oh and BYU? Please, no excitement there either.

My excitement of college football is really taking a hit with Texas being in the Big Bore.

Kudos to A&M for joining a real conference. They might get beat down a lot however at least they are playing real teams almost every week. As a Texas fan I am envious. I would LOVE Texas to be in the SEC.

Hookem Horns
08-29-2011, 12:52 PM
I know it's a joke, but it belies the fact that UT was slow to allow black students to attend just like Ole Miss. Therefore, UT fans have little ground to stand on to depict some other university as racist, even if it's a joke.

What schools weren't slow back then with that issue? They were just mirroring society in general.

I don't think the joke is so much about the school than it is about the state in general. Mississippi as a state has the same reputation as Vidor even today. Is it still justified? I honestly don't know, I have never spent any time there.

Stemp
08-29-2011, 02:38 PM
I doubt they will ever join the Big XII however the reason why they will not join the Big 10 is a moral one. It's a Catholic school and some Big 10 schools are involved in stem cell research which they are against. This has been their official stance on not joining the Big 10. They are in the Big East with their other progams however football wise it is a weak conference.

There are rumors that the Big XII is the most likely conference they would join however I don't see it. Outside of Texas and OU the rest of the conference is a bore. I personally really dislike the Big XII. It's a boring conference.

Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, OSU, Baylor, Mizzou ....:zzz: dude wake me up after all of those boring schools have been played.

What person that grew up in Texas could really get excited about those schools? There is zero history with the states of Kansas, Missouri, and Iowa. And Baylor? Most Baylor fans don't even take their football program seriously.

I could always get up for Nebraska, CU (sometimes), and of course A&M is always fun, now those schools are gone. So the only teams left that even make me want to turn on the TV is OU and Tech. The Sand Aggies only because their fans are pretty obnoxious and I like to see them get beat down.

So with that all said, why in the world would ND want to join the Big XII?? They would be locked into the same boring schedule.

Oh and BYU? Please, no excitement there either.

My excitement of college football is really taking a hit with Texas being in the Big Bore.

Kudos to A&M for joining a real conference. They might get beat down a lot however at least they are playing real teams almost every week. As a Texas fan I am envious. I would LOVE Texas to be in the SEC.

Unfortunately, that's just excuse, not a real reason. Notre Dame has done many things that go against orthodox Catholic teaching and doctrine and been chastised for it. They have, in may ways, moved far from strict Catholic doctrine. So the whole "stem cell research" thing is simply an excuse, nothing more. If the ND alums wanted to join a conference (which they strongly do NOT) then the Big 10 or Big East would be a more likely destination.

BYU is a possibility, but they will likely require some strong long-term written commitments to the Big 12 by Texas and OU and the others and my guess is that Texas will balk at having to sign such a commitment. BYU will also move slowly as they are run by the LDS church and are highly unlikely to make a major move without going through a long painstaking process. That, unfortunately for the Big 12, will only hurt public perception of the conference and if BYU ultimately decides to stay indy, then the Big 12 will look even weaker and desperate when they have to take UH or SMU. It will also keep their footprint fairly small and won't add any new markets, so the TV money may not be as lucrative as they believed last year.

Dutchrudder
08-29-2011, 03:13 PM
I blame one person for all this crap: Dan Beebe. What a pathetic excuse of a commissioner. If he had the foresight to understand what the SEC, Big 10 and Pac 10 were doing years ago, he would have pushed for a Big 12 network in 2008 and made all schools sign exclusive contracts for it. Instead of just Texas getting 300 mill over 10 years, the could have gotten the whole conference a billion over 10 years. If they had a decent network and comparable revenues to the SEC, there wouldn't be much dissent among the schools, but the opportunity is gone. If Nebraska left, then grab a BYU, Air Force or whoever to fill the hole. It's not like they bring a lot of ratings to the table anyways.

Doppelganger
08-29-2011, 04:45 PM
IF there is a major rearrangement to super conferences, then you may be right. However, that won't happen in the near future. Right now, the Big 12 is looking to add just 1 team and their best bet is probably BYU or UH. There is little to no chance ND makes a move right now. Maybe in 5 or 6 years at the earliest.

I think the Big XII is looking to add in 3 teams. BYU, Houston, and Airforce are the three they want to bring in. BYU, like Texas, has its own network, so they won't have an issue with UT. UH brings in the Houston market, and Airforce brings the Denver/Colorado Springs markets back to the Big XII.

With these 3 teams in the conference, I would do some division realignment in order to balance the conference.
Division 1: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa state, and Missouri.

Division 2: Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor, Houston, BYU, and Airforce.

I would also push for UT-Notre Dame to have a yearly rivalry game so that when the supercomferences come into being, they can being Notre Dame in.

Doppelganger
08-29-2011, 04:56 PM

I think it would make a lot of sense for Notre Dame to join the Big XII. Like you said, there is only Texas and OU. In a typical year, Notre Dame should finish, at worst, 3rd in the Big XII. Winning the Big XII, means they could get a shot at the National Championship and a strong second could vault them into a BCS game. If they went to the SEC, they would have a VERY difficult road to maneuver. PAC 10, though not as daunting as the SEC, is still pretty tough. Big X, now has Nebraska, along with Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, and an emerging Michigan State. Big XII provides an easier schedule and the safety of a BCS conference. Plus, SEC, PAC 10, and Big X probably won't be thrilled with them having their own TV deal. You know the Big XII has no issue with it.

Hookem Horns
08-29-2011, 04:57 PM

Well that would pretty much free up my Saturday afternoons. Maybe I would take up golf or something.

gwallaia
08-29-2011, 05:18 PM
As a UH alum and season ticket holder, I want to see us get out of the non-AQ CUSA and get into the Big 12 or the Big East so we too can get a piece of the money train everyone else is enjoying.

The Coogs are an exciting team to watch and with increasing fan attendance the past few years and a stadium expansion in the works, I think UH would be a good addition.

Stemp
08-29-2011, 05:47 PM
I think the Big XII is looking to add in 3 teams. BYU, Houston, and Airforce are the three they want to bring in. BYU, like Texas, has its own network, so they won't have an issue with UT. UH brings in the Houston market, and Airforce brings the Denver/Colorado Springs markets back to the Big XII.

With these 3 teams in the conference, I would do some division realignment in order to balance the conference.
Division 1: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa state, and Missouri.

I would also push for UT-Notre Dame to have a yearly rivalry game so that when the supercomferences come into being, they can being Notre Dame in.

With that type of strength of schedule (or lack thereof), an undefeated Big 12 team will likely be below a 1 loss team from the SEC, PAC 12 or Big 10 in the BCS standings. And 1 loss to any team would put them out of the BCS championship game for sure.

BattleRedToro
08-29-2011, 06:09 PM
What schools weren't slow back then with that issue? They were just mirroring society in general.

I don't think the joke is so much about the school than it is about the state in general. Mississippi as a state has the same reputation as Vidor even today. Is it still justified? I honestly don't know, I have never spent any time there.

Oberlin College in Ohio was founded in 1833. Two years later
in 1835, the first black students began enrolling there. That is a trailblazing university. Slavery wouldn't be abolished in the USA for another 28 years.

University of Texas on the other hand was founded in 1883. Sixty-seven years later in 1950, the first black students enrolled there, and that was only because the State of Texas lost in the Supreme Court.

Dutchrudder
08-29-2011, 06:29 PM
Oberlin College in Ohio was founded in 1833. Two years later
in 1835, the first black students began enrolling there. That is a trailblazing university. Slavery wouldn't be abolished in the USA for another 28 years.

University of Texas on the other hand was founded in 1883. Sixty-seven years later in 1950, the first black students enrolled there, and that was only because the State of Texas lost in the Supreme Court.

Wtf does Oberlin College have to do with UT vs Ole Miss?

BattleRedToro
08-29-2011, 06:47 PM
Wtf does Oberlin College have to do with UT vs Ole Miss?

My point was UT fans portraying Ole Miss as a racist university is hypocritical. I referenced Oberlin to let UT fans know that they shouldn't act high and mighty for integrating 12 years ahead of Ole Miss because Oberlin College integrated 48 years before UT was even founded and 115 years before UT did. In otherwords UT fans you aren't any better than Ole Miss fans.

Dutchrudder
08-29-2011, 06:52 PM
My point was UT fans portraying Ole Miss as a racist university is hypocritical. I referenced Oberlin to let UT fans know that they shouldn't act high and mighty for integrating 12 years ahead of Ole Miss because Oberlin College integrated 48 years before UT was even founded and 115 years before UT did. In otherwords UT fans you aren't any better than Ole Miss fans.

Well now that is actually on topic, but you're thinking about this way too much. It's a joke, get over it.

Hookem Horns
08-29-2011, 06:54 PM
My point was UT fans portraying Ole Miss as a racist university is hypocritical.

Did you even read my post? Like I said, it is was probably more of a knock on the state not the university. Ever see Mississippi Burning?

For example when someone calls the Arkansas Razorbacks a bunch of inbreds, it is because of the state's reputation of having a bunch of inbreds up there. It's not because they feel the University of Arkansas is literally encouraging sex within the family.

That is how I took it anyway.

BattleRedToro
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Well now that is actually on topic, but you're thinking about this way too much. It's a joke, get over it.

No. UT fans need to get over themselves and their arrogant, better than everyone else attitude.

Doppelganger
08-29-2011, 10:40 PM
No. UT fans need to get over themselves and their arrogant, better than everyone else attitude.

STRONG disagreement.Most UT fans are like any other fan base: they support their team and are pretty good people. Like any successful program there is a small minority of vocal idiots who make the rest of the group look bad.

Don't judge a group by the small minority of idiots.

Dutchrudder
08-30-2011, 12:43 AM
STRONG disagreement.Most UT fans are like any other fan base: they support their team and are pretty good people. Like any successful program there is a small minority of vocal idiots who make the rest of the group look bad.

Or klansmen... :pirate:

Stemp
08-30-2011, 01:04 PM

That "small minority" tend to congregate on the message boards, giving the impression they are the majority.

See Orangebloods, Hornfans and ShaggyBevo as examples A, B and C.

bah007
08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
That "small minority" tend to congregate on the message boards, giving the impression they are the majority.

It's the same with most other fanbases as well. See TexAgs, etc.

XI CMURDER IX
08-30-2011, 05:20 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ebs413.gif

pbat488
08-30-2011, 05:40 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ebs413.gif

hahahahaha cuppycup is one of the funniest posters on texags with all the gifs and farks he does

OrangeLotPole8
08-30-2011, 07:03 PM

STEMP....... you have been REPPED! AHMEN! :bravo:

Doppelganger
08-30-2011, 07:36 PM

Ok, but look at the numbers. Take all of the people on all the UT message boards, how many is that, a few thousand? There are millions of UT fans. a few thousand out of a group of millions is a small minority.

Stemp
08-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok, but look at the numbers. Take all of the people on all the UT message boards, how many is that, a few thousand? There are millions of UT fans. a few thousand out of a group of millions is a small minority.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying that anyone who is interested in the fans perspective will visit those message boards and that is the impression they will get.

And I know how TexAgs is. I am member, but mostly to help promote my A&M apparel business. The real scoop and the better A&M website is the Scout site - Websider.com

BTW, I will launching my TCU apparel website very soon - TCULocker.com

gwallaia
08-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Hitler's take on the Aggies moving to the SEC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsjhgE9CK4Y

XI CMURDER IX
08-30-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm saying that anyone who is interested in the fans perspective will visit those message boards and that is the impression they will get.

And I know how TexAgs is. I am member, but mostly to help promote my A&M apparel business. The real scoop and the better A&M website is the Scout site - Websider.com

BTW, I will launching my TCU apparel website very soon - TCULocker.com

I suppose I will be getting a special deal, yes? :kitten:

Stemp
08-30-2011, 10:09 PM
I suppose I will be getting a special deal, yes? :kitten:

I'll hook you up :handshake:

jtexas
09-03-2011, 07:48 PM
What i find hilarious about this whole network situation is the fact Texas wins any way you evaluate it. A&M fans are ripping Texas with the assumption the school is worse off by accepting the deal. It's like ripping a Lamborghini owner for getting a flat tire.

ESPN is contractually obligated to pay Texas $300 million in any situation. They will have to settle with Texas if ESPN fails.

If that happens, Texas is ridiculously more attractive to advertisers and networks than any other school. The 2012 football budgets are as follows:

Texas: $153.5M
(Next biggest budget) Ohio St: $126.5M
That's a 21% increase over the #2 school.

70% increase over Oklahoma: $90.5M
102% increase over A&M: $75.8M

Next, does anyone truly believe that Texas wouldn't be accepted to the SEC if they were willing to accept the shared conference money? The SEC would do a Lebron type ESPN special allowing Mack Brown to decide which current team he would like to replace. A&M is acting as if they are doing something Texas couldn't.

Texas will come out of this as an independent or be forced to accept the same "mediocrity" revenue sharing in a BCS conference. The lose situation is still being #1.

Before the hate, no i'm not a Texas fan either, i just can't stand all the stupid comments. Hate on the fact they went 5-7 with that spending power instead.

GlassHalfFull
09-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Is everybody enjoying watching the Longhorn/Rice game?

:hides:

Hookem Horns
09-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Is everybody enjoying watching the Longhorn/Rice game?

:hides:

Yep ... found a live stream. :)

gwallaia
09-04-2011, 12:18 AM
LOL!
RICE MOB forms $EC on field at half-time!

Too bad it was on LHN, not many people saw it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/24b6sn5.jpg

Stemp
09-04-2011, 01:28 AM
Poking fun at both Texas and A&M.

Wolf
09-10-2011, 01:54 PM
McConaughey video: ĎWe deserve their best. They deserve ours.í

Not many have seen it yet, but Longhorns super fan Matthew McConaughey has recorded a short commercial that has been airing on the Longhorn Network.

Itís a shout-out to Texas fans to ďshow up, wear our colors, wave our flag, let them hear our noise, feel our energy, and share our spirit.Ē The full transcript ran in todayís paper as a letter to the Sports Editor.

Hereís the vid itself:

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2011/09/09/mcconaughey_vid.html

Kaiser Toro
09-11-2011, 12:29 AM
Went to the game this evening. When the Longhorn Network promo ran on the Mutombotron, there were a number of boo birds.