PDA

View Full Version : Ravens fan here.....

THE RAVENS DEN
08-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Ravens fan here, just wanted to say thank you for you boy Vonta Leach.
And i not trying to be a dick, i know you guys are kinda upset about losing him.
But i will say this Us Ravens fans are very grateful for Leach and he fits our scheme perfect. We are hoping for a Foster yardage yr from Ray Rice now, because now we have a FB that wants to be a FB.

I will say this, i am very Jealous that you guys got Jonathan joseph. Us Raven fans were hoping to get him after we lost Josh Wilson to the Skins.

And i personally am very Jealous that you guys got Brook Reed in the Draft, the dude is a beast, i dont know how he is doing in your camp , im just basing it off of highlights of what i saw of him.

Another thing is, i saw that some of you Texan fans were interested in McClain as a FB. Let me just tell you, Dont, the man thinks he is a running back and trust me he isnt. McClain actually has the skill to be one of thee Best FULLBACKS in the LEAGUE, but he wants to be a RB. He doesn't want to be a FB

Anyways just wanted to say good luck on the upcoming season except for week 6:runaway:

EllisUnit
08-03-2011, 07:05 PM
And i not trying to be a dick, i know you guys are kinda upset about losing him.
But i will say this Us Ravens fans are very grateful for Leach and he fits our scheme perfect. We are hoping for a Foster yardage yr from Ray Rice now, because now we have a FB that wants to be a FB.

I will say this, i am very Jealous that you guys got Jonathan joseph. Us Raven fans were hoping to get him after we lost Josh Wilson to the Skins.

And i personally am very Jealous that you guys got Brook Shields in the Draft, the dude is a beast, i dont know how he is doing in your camp , im just basing it off of highlights of what i saw of him.

Another thing is, i saw that some of you Texan fans were interested in McClain as a FB. Let me just tell you, Dont, the man thinks he is a running back and trust me he isnt. McClain actually has the skill to be one of thee Best FULLBACKS in the LEAGUE, but he wants to be a RB. He doesn't want to be a FB

Anyways just wanted to say good luck on the upcoming season except for week 6:runaway:

yeah it sucked to lose him, but we are over it ;), should be aq good season its gonna suck seeing leach light up our LBs instead of the other way around.

Texecutioner
08-03-2011, 07:22 PM

And i personally am very Jealous that you guys got Brook Reed in the Draft, the dude is a beast, i dont know how he is doing in your camp , im just basing it off of highlights of what i saw of him.

Interesting. I had thought about McClain if we weren't going to end up with Vickers. I always thought that McClain was really good. He does run pretty well with the ball for a FB. Does he not block that well or what??

IBleedTexans
08-03-2011, 07:24 PM

Sorry guy, not to be rude but Ray Rice aint no Foster homie! Leach had a part in Fosters success but , he was the best back because HE made those cuts . Im just sayin...

EllisUnit
08-03-2011, 07:26 PM
Sorry guy, not to be rude but Ray Rice aint no Foster homie! Leach had a part in Fosters success but , he was the best back because HE made those cuts . Im just sayin...

:smiliedance:

False Start
08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Ya'll are getting Bernard Pollard too...good luck. :heh:

vupac1
08-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Now that we signed Vickers, I can finally say that I am happy for Leach getting the big payday he deserved. I will still root for him (except when he plays against us) and hopefully he can make another trip to Hawaii backing up Vickers ;)

I think yall will fall in love with Leach just as we did, his attitude def fits in well with that of your team. All that being said.. dam, yall realy paid a pretty penny for him! Don't be turning on him in a few yrs complaining about how much money yall have tied into your FB!

Also, what's your opinion on not seeing Vickers lead for Hillis twice a year now? I think the reason I'm so happy for Leach's situation is because I'm so pumped about getting Vickers (especially at a fraction of the cost!)

b0ng
08-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Great first post and repose.

You guys really going to love Leach I think he completely fits your guys style. Ray Rice's new best friend I bet. Can't wit to get another crack at you guys after last years excellent game.

DocBar
08-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Good luck to you guys except when we play ya!!! Enjoy watching Leach cuz we sure did.

Rey
08-03-2011, 07:35 PM

Personally I never wanted McClain because i had heard about him wanting to be a ball carrier.

I really liked leach but I really was neutral on seeing him go. He fits well with you guys though.

THE RAVENS DEN
08-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Interesting. I had thought about McClain if we weren't going to end up with Vickers. I always thought that McClain was really good. He does run pretty well with the ball for a FB. Does he not block that well or what??

Put it this way, McClain wanted Ray Rice's job ok.

Now with that being said, would you want your boy Foster running behind someone that wants his job. HELL NO

Im not saying McClain didnt do his job ,but i think McClain could have done better. Last season when McClain got the ball he would run to the side thinking he was faster then he was and also tip toeing like he is a finesse player. Instead of running up the gut like he was supposed to. He is supposed to be a bruiser. There were many time when it was 3 n 1 and he couldnt get a yard. There was this one time when it was 2 n goal (one yard to score), we ran it twice, i think once with McClain and once with Rice with McClain in front with no TD. I dont know about you but wouldn't you expect a TD from the 1 yd line with 2 downs to go.

THE RAVENS DEN
08-03-2011, 07:43 PM

My man i didnt come here to argue who is a better back, think what you will. Foster has skill ill give him that but thats all. Hopefully he doesnt have a sophmore slump. Im just sayin...

IM NOT TRYING TO ARGUE WITH YOU, ILL GO THE STEALERS FORUMS FOR THAT.

The Pencil Neck
08-03-2011, 07:46 PM
You're going to love Vonta. We did.

For a while we even had the Vonta's KTFO (Knocked The ****** Out) award based on him destroying people.

He should make a big difference for your boy Rice. Without McGahee and McClain trying to steal his touches, Rice should have a great year and Leach will open the holes for him.

IBleedTexans
08-03-2011, 07:47 PM
My man i didnt come here to argue who is a better back, think what you will. Foster has skill ill give him that but thats all. Hopefully he doesnt have a sophmore slump. Im just sayin...

IM NOT TRYING TO ARGUE WITH YOU, ILL GO THE STEALERS FORUMS FOR THAT.

You'll get no argument from me homie , you stated your opinion ,as did I. I wish y'all the best except for when we meet as you stated .

THE RAVENS DEN
08-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Now that we signed Vickers, I can finally say that I am happy for Leach getting the big payday he deserved. I will still root for him (except when he plays against us) and hopefully he can make another trip to Hawaii backing up Vickers ;)

I think yall will fall in love with Leach just as we did, his attitude def fits in well with that of your team. All that being said.. dam, yall realy paid a pretty penny for him! Don't be turning on him in a few yrs complaining about how much money yall have tied into your FB!

Also, what's your opinion on not seeing Vickers lead for Hillis twice a year now? I think the reason I'm so happy for Leach's situation is because I'm so pumped about getting Vickers (especially at a fraction of the cost!)

We already love him like he has been here for yrs, the way i see it is you get what you pay for. Now with Vickers, i would be kinda jealous if we didnt pick up Leach. You guys would still have Leach if McClain didnt think he was a RB, The RAVENS are setting up to Beat the Stealers, we all know that. We literally give them games. The sad thing is Stealer fans act like they own us every time we play them which is far from the truth, the difference in scores are with TD almost everytime.(they got away with one in the play off against us thats for sure) Im just hoping we Sweep the Stealers and beat the Colts (we havnt won against the COLTS since 03').
Its funny because last yr was the first time we didnt play the COLTS in a season since i can remember and i feel we could have beat them.

THE RAVENS DEN
08-03-2011, 07:57 PM
You're going to love Vonta. We did.

For a while we even had the Vonta's KTFO (Knocked The ****** Out) award based on him destroying people.

He should make a big difference for your boy Rice. Without McGahee and McClain trying to steal his touches, Rice should have a great year and Leach will open the holes for him.

We cut McGahee (6 million a yr to be a back up, i dont think so) and i never liked him when we signed him. And McClain im hoping wont be here, i don't think he is anyways.

We drafted Anthony Allen and from what i saw on Highlights on youtube, im very excited, dude is a beast. Plus we have Parmalee and i think 2 other guys fighting for a spot.

PapaL
08-03-2011, 07:57 PM
As a resident of Maryland and a Texans fan, I love Vonta coming to Balt. He's gonna kick a$$ in black and purple.

THE RAVENS DEN
08-03-2011, 07:59 PM
You'll get no argument from me homie , you stated your opinion ,as did I. I wish y'all the best except for when we meet as you stated .

I hear ya, good luck.

DocBar
08-03-2011, 08:01 PM
As a resident of Maryland and a Texans fan, I love Vonta coming to Balt. He's gonna kick a$$ in black and purple.DUDE!!!! Send me some crabcakes!!!! I worked outside of Fredricksburgh, Md and loved it. Such a beautiful area and maybe 30 minutes from Gettysburgh. I like all that historical stuff.

JCTexan
08-03-2011, 08:03 PM
We already love him like he has been here for yrs, the way i see it is you get what you pay for. Now with Vickers, i would be kinda jealous if we didnt pick up Leach. You guys would still have Leach if McClain didnt think he was a RB, The RAVENS are setting up to Beat the Stealers, we all know that. We literally give them games. The sad thing is Stealer fans act like they own us every time we play them which is far from the truth, the difference in scores are with TD almost everytime.(they got away with one in the play off against us thats for sure) Im just hoping we Sweep the Stealers and beat the Colts (we havnt won against the COLTS since 03').
Its funny because last yr was the first time we didnt play the COLTS in a season since i can remember and i feel we could have beat them.

Leach simply priced himself out of the Texans pocket books. The Texans are over the salary cap by 8 million right now, so they couldn't afford the 3 Mil+ a year Vonta got with the Ravens. He's a hell of a FB, though. He fits right in with that Ravens team. He's a tough, physical FB that can hit with the best of them. You will love him.

vupac1
08-03-2011, 08:08 PM

Well lemme say that the Ravens have been my secondary team I root for after my Texans, so yes, I do agree that yall have been handing the steelers some games. I've always hated the Steelers ever since we had the Oilers here so trust me, I love watching BAL-PIT and I have been quite disappointed in some the outcomes...

Also, quick question.. when you say it's obvious you are gearing up to beat PIT by adding Leach.. and with the departure Mason, Heap, TJ.. are you guys beginning to lose a bit of faith in Flacco airing it out and want to focus solely on ground and pound? (bc let's face it, I felt like the playoff collapse was on him) Just curious as a semi-Ravens fan looking for some real insight...

nytexan
08-03-2011, 08:09 PM
As a resident of Maryland and a Texans fan, I love Vonta coming to Balt. He's gonna kick a$$ in black and purple.

Yea the softest team in the league loses it two physical players to the Ravens. That should help.

DocBar
08-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Yea the softest team in the league loses it two physical players to the Ravens. That should help.But only one of them was a part of a unit that actually succeeded in doing its job....:kitten:

headsplint
08-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Foster has skill ill give him that but thats all.

What else is required?

HTown2ATX
08-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Welcome to the board first off.

Second though, I don't know if you are giving Arian his due. I can't crown him best ever yet, no one can. But I think you are downplaying him IMO.

Vonta was not on the field for every play and he was still just bustin it up.

Also, I was sad to see him go and you guys got a hell of a good plaer there.

Allstar
08-03-2011, 09:43 PM
What else is required?

I think he means that's all he's gonna say because he's not here to get into an argument about RBs.

IBleedTexans
08-03-2011, 09:55 PM
I think he means that's all he's gonna say because he's not here to get into an argument about RBs.

Yea thats what I took it as

Texan_Bill
08-03-2011, 10:04 PM

Eff you Ravens fan. ;)

We love errrrrrrrr, loved Vonta Leach... That said, he's the enemy now!! However, we're certainly glad we didn't overspend for him the way y'all did. Y'all will love him; Dude plays hard every down he's on the field. He levels people! People hurt when he hits. There's a reason @RayLewis congratulated him after our last meeting against the Ravens (last season)!!!

MEGA SWATT
08-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Don't thank Texans fans, we didn't make that decision. Thank our glorious front office. Hard to see him go. Best of luck with him on your team.

DocBar
08-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Don't thank Texans fans, we didn't make that decision. Thank our glorious front office. Hard to see him go. Best of luck with him on your team.It was probably the right decision regardless of how much it sucks right now.

MEGA SWATT
08-03-2011, 10:52 PM
It was probably the right decision regardless of how much it sucks right now.

True, plus I just saw that interview/hi-light clip of Vickers and that made it hurt a lot LESS!!!

Rey
08-03-2011, 10:55 PM
I've been going back and looking at some of Arians runs and looking at vickers in Cleveland and I really think we got the better fb.

They didn't use vickers as much, but I saw him make better blocks overall. He was able to get out in front of receivers/returners and make good blocks. His athleticism really allows him to get up on defenders in a hurry at he hits with some good torque.

I watched some of Arians runs and a lot of times he's not even following leach.

I saw a couple pass plays where leach was in the game and leach went out for a route. He served no purpose other than decoy. If it wasn't play action and he was coming wide open he had 0 chance of getting the ball.

Leach's value was tremendously overrated by some. Jmo.

He made a lot of good blocks, but he also got his ass handed to him. There was a of talk about leach on the goal line. Well in this video he got destroyed by one of the jets lb's on the goal line: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=lhQeiBdFTfo

It happens about the 1:30 mark.

DocBar
08-03-2011, 11:08 PM
I've been going back and looking at some of Arians runs and looking at vickers in Cleveland and I really think we got the better fb.

They didn't use vickers as much, but I saw him make better blocks overall. He was able to get out in front of receivers/returners and make good blocks. His athleticism really allows him to get up on defenders in a hurry at he hits with some good torque.

I watched some of Arians runs and a lot of times he's not even following leach. That's part of the ZBS. It helps draw defenders that direction, opening up cutback lanes.

I saw a couple pass plays where leach was in the game and leach went out for a route. He served no purpose other than decoy. If it wasn't play action and he was coming wide open he had 0 chance of getting the ball. He had no chance of being targeted or he drew an LB or S out of their coverage and opened up a bigger pkay down the field?

Leach's value was tremendously overrated by some. Jmo. I'm tending to agree with this. I would say it would be interesting to see the play calling with a true pass catching threat at FB (Casey) but I know nothing at all about Vickers.

He made a lot of good blocks, but he also got his ass handed to him. There was a of talk about leach on the goal line. Well in this video he got destroyed by one of the jets lb's on the goal line: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=lhQeiBdFTfo Everyone in the NFL gets their ass handed to them on occassion.
It happens about the 1:30 mark.All things considered, that's understandable.

Texan_Bill
08-03-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm happy with Vickers!! He's from Beaumont, lives in Houston irrespective of his Colorado college connection.... (Yes, I see you conspiracy theorists working on the Colorado theory, tip)...

Don't get me wrong Vonta is a beast and I love the way he plays the game (AKA blowing up DL's and LB's), BUT to overpay for a FB is foolish!!! I'll take Vickers in a heartbeat!!!

Rey
08-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Wow. Watching that video reminded me how good Arian foster is. He does some absolutely sick things in that video. Leach on the other hand looked average.

I know that's not the complete package, but you'd think leach would have looked more hammerific on some of Arians best plays. Not the case.

Corrosion
08-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Ya'll are getting Bernard Pollard too...good luck. :heh:

You know what sucks about that ? ..... Pollard is gonna look like a damn All Pro in that scheme.

Texan_Bill
08-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Wow. Watching that video reminded me how good Arian foster is. He does some absolutely sick things in that video. Leach on the other hand looked average.

I know that's not the complete package, but you'd think leach would have looked more hammerific on some of Arians best plays. Not the case.

I wouldn't call Leach "average"... However I would say that he did things that a few FB's could do nearly equally as well, thus down grading his importance on the "O"!!!

gwallaia
08-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Are people in Baltimore still pissed about the Colts leaving in the middle of the night?

**serious question**

Rey
08-03-2011, 11:20 PM
All things considered, that's understandable.

I know all about the zbs. I ran it for 4 years in HS and 4 years in college.

But the point you are making even further diminishes the importance if the fb on running plays in our scheme.

As far as him going out on routes, he had 0 chance of catching the ball. He was easy to guard and cluttered things up when he ran his little hooks in the middle of the field. No safeties bit up on him and no lb's went out of their way to cover him. In fact they tended to hold him loosely. They had him covered but they were able to help on other routes.

Probably the least scary route runner to run a route last year. Well not probably. Definitely.

DocBar
08-03-2011, 11:22 PM
I know all about the zbs. I ran it for 4 years in HS and 4 years in college.

But the point you are making even further diminishes the importance if the fb on running plays in our scheme.

As far as him going out on routes, he had 0 chance of catching the ball. He was easy to guard and cluttered things up when he ran his little hooks in the middle of the field. No safeties bit up on him and no lb's went out of their way to cover him. In fact they tended to hold him loosely. They had him covered but they were able to help on other routes.

Probably the least scary route runner to run a route last year. Well not probably. Definitely.Did someone have to cover him? Besides, he was a LOT cheaper than Reggie Bush as far as decoys go....:whip:

Rey
08-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Did someone have to cover him? Besides, he was a LOT cheaper than Reggie Bush as far as decoys go....:whip:

He was not in the same class of decoy as Reggie bush. :lion:

DocBar
08-03-2011, 11:47 PM
He was not in the same class of decoy as Reggie bush. :lion:You have a point. He was MILLIONS cheaper and we got better production. :spit:

MEGA SWATT
08-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Wow. Watching that video reminded me how good Arian foster is.

He makes it look soooo easy!!!!!:hurrah::specnatz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92clos5OGg0&feature=related

DocBar
08-03-2011, 11:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92clos5OGg0&feature=relatedWhen you're Arian Foster, it IS easy. :chef:

Shaft75
08-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Welcome Ravens Den!

I just wanting to say hello and tell you sorry ahead of time for the hellacious beatdown the Texans are going to give the Ravens in y'alls house. I see our new man Vickers blasting LBs, Andre torching the DB's and Flacco get crutch by the new and improved Super Mario & co.

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife, and hide ya husband cause the Texans gonna be ballin outta control!

Rey
08-04-2011, 12:03 AM

Another solid yet unspectacular block by leach. Some awesome acceleration by Arian.

b0ng
08-04-2011, 12:30 AM
Man after watching that Arian video our O-line is really effing fast. I saw Meyers almost staying stride for stride with Arian on one of his long runs.

Our O-line, Wade Smith, Chris Meyers were literally playing out of their minds and channeling some hot oldschool 90's broncos stuff.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 12:49 AM
He made a lot of good blocks, but he also got his ass handed to him. There was a of talk about leach on the goal line. Well in this video he got destroyed by one of the jets lb's on the goal line: http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=lhQeiBdFTfo

It happens about the 1:30 mark.

Rey, is the link correct?

michaelm
08-04-2011, 12:54 AM

the m. before youtube.com in the address is for the mobile site, IIRC.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 12:59 AM
the m. before youtube.com in the address is for the mobile site, IIRC.

I took out the "m." and it still doesn't work!

But it doesn't matter.
I can still find the play when I have a little more time.
I still have the game,
At any rate, thanks for the help!

AnthonyE
08-04-2011, 01:46 AM
I took out the "m." and it still doesn't work!

But it doesn't matter.
I can still find the play when I have a little more time.
I still have the game,
At any rate, thanks for the help!

It took a bit of deleting, but I fixed the link for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhQeiBdFTfo

76Texan
08-04-2011, 01:58 AM

Another solid yet unspectacular block by leach. Some awesome acceleration by Arian.

I have to disagree with you, Rey.
That was a great block by Leach!
(Watching it on youtube is much more difficult to see than when you can watch it in super-slo-mo.)

Nice hook block by Myers allowed Caldwell to get up to the second level on the ILB and seal off the inside.
Leach watched to see if he needed to help Winston; he didn't have to so he went upfield where he sized up the SS Branch.
Branch wanted to go inside; Leach took him to the outside cleanly.
This gave Foster the shortest route to the end zone (inside).
That was smart and great blocking, IMHO.

Rey
08-04-2011, 02:02 AM
I have to disagree with you, Rey.
That was a great block by Leach!
(Watching it on youtube is much more difficult to see than when you can watch it in super-slo-mo.)

Nice hook block by Myers allowed Caldwell to get up to the second level on the ILB and seal off the inside.
Leach watched to see if he needed to help Winston; he didn't have to so he went upfield where he sized up the SS Branch.
Branch wanted to go inside; Leach took him to the outside cleanly.
This gave Foster the shortest route to the end zone (inside).
That was smart and great blocking, IMHO.

Ok well I disagree. It was a regular block. Nothing spectacular about it.

It was a good block yes, spectacular. Heck no.

Rey
08-04-2011, 02:03 AM

It worked for me but I'm on my cellular.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 02:06 AM

Thanks, Anthony (I would never have figured it out, LOL!)
I'll watch it tomorrow!

I was wanting to see the play where Rey said Leach was blown up by the Jet LB.

(I've seen Leach lost a few here and there) but if Rey was reffering to the one-yard loss by Ward around the 11-min mark in the second quarter, then it wasn't one of those times.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Ok well I disagree. It was a regular block. Nothing spectacular about it.

It was a good block yes, spectacular. Heck no.

If Leach had let Branch go inside, he could have demolished him (Branch).
But that would force Foster to cut outside, which would have given time for pursuit to get there.
That is what I saw.

Rey
08-04-2011, 02:29 AM
Thanks, Anthony (I would never have figured it out, LOL!)
I'll watch it tomorrow!

I was wanting to see the play where Rey said Leach was blown up by the Jet LB.

(I've seen Leach lost a few here and there) but if Rey was reffering to the one-yard loss by Ward around the 11-min mark in the second quarter, then it wasn't one of those times.

No.

Leach was knocked on his ass and damn near kept foster from scoring.

Foster stretched his arm out and got the td.

There really is no mistaking it. It looked very un hammerish on that play.

I'm not saying leach sucked. I just think he was way over hyped because he was a fan favorite. Lots of fb's make the blocks he made.

Vickers is a better overall player IMO. I think he'll actually bring more in the blocking arena and making plays with the ball in his hand it's not even close.

Rey
08-04-2011, 02:37 AM
If Leach had let Branch go inside, he could have demolished him (Branch).
But that would force Foster to cut outside, which would have given time for pursuit to get there.
That is what I saw.

Just looked like a fb running in the hole and picking up the first opposite jersey he saw.

As a blocker you can't see the rb.

In the zbs you take your steps, but if a defender crosses your face you "take them where they want to go" which really means just push them past the hole.

It's up to the rb to make the right cut off of your block.

My point is that I dont think vonta analyzed the play like you think he did. I think he just picked up the guy the best way he could. He did a good job of doing that.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 02:48 AM
No.

Leach was knocked on his ass and damn near kept foster from scoring.

Foster stretched his arm out and got the td.

There really is no mistaking it. It looked very un hammerish on that play.

I'm not saying leach sucked. I just think he was way over hyped because he was a fan favorite. Lots of fb's make the blocks he made.

Are you talking about the Jets game this year?
Foster's TD in the fourth quarter?

Rey
08-04-2011, 02:53 AM
I went back and watched it again.

Leach just basically gets in his way. It's not a real solid hit and he certainly didn't kick him out.

Arian just accelerated and ran past the guy.

Look vonta was solid. But Arian was amazing. Go back and look at his runs. Dude runs like a video game except better.

I had forgotten how good he was. His vision and acceleration in and out if his cuts is top notch. As a blocker he makes your job a whole lot easier. Just put a hat on a guy and Arian usually made the right cut and got positive yards. If a guy wants to run a certain way you just ride him and burry him and Arian will make the cut off of what you did.

No disrespect to vonta but Arian is the effin man. He needs to thank him for bringing him notoriety.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 02:53 AM
Just looked like a fb running in the hole and picking up the first opposite jersey he saw.

As a blocker you can't see the rb.

In the zbs you take your steps, but if a defender crosses your face you "take them where they want to go" which really means just push them past the hole.

It's up to the rb to make the right cut off of your block.

My point is that I dont think vonta analyzed the play like you think he did. I think he just picked up the guy the best way he could. He did a good job of doing that.

Your point is well taken; however, in this instance, I can see that Leach wanted to clear the SS to the outside. Branch had full intention to at least stall the block to the inside to force the runner outside, but Leach didn't let him.

Rey
08-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Are you talking about the Jets game this year?
Foster's TD in the fourth quarter?

It was the jets game from last season. And I don't know what quarter it was. Late in the game is a good guess since we are talking about our offense.

Rey
08-04-2011, 03:02 AM
Your point is well taken; however, in this instance, I can see that Leach wanted to clear the SS to the outside. Branch had full intention to at least stall the block to the inside to force the runner outside, but Leach didn't let him.

I disagree again.

As a defender the last thing you want to do is force a runner outside. You are taught to force the defender back inside because that's where your help is coming from.

If you force the ball carrier outside then you are not using the inside pursuit. That's why ball carriers so often try to hit the sideline.

Arians cut and acceleration was sick. He was able to cut up the field before backside pursuit had a chance to get there.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 03:12 AM
It was the jets game from last season. And I don't know what quarter it was. Late in the game is a good guess since we are talking about our offense.

LOL, silly me!
Foster only played the Jets that one time.

Leach won (barely) over #57 Bart Scott.
Harris #52 came in free to tackle Foster.

Rey
08-04-2011, 03:15 AM
LOL, silly me!
Foster only played the Jets that one time.

Leach won (barely) over #57 Bart Scott.
Harris #52 came in free to tackle Foster.

Lol. . . Ohhhhhhhhh no.

Leach got his ass handed to him on that one.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 03:21 AM
I disagree again.

As a defender the last thing you want to do is force a runner outside. You are taught to force the runner back inside because that's where your help is coming from.

If you force the ball carrier outside then you are not using the inside pursuit. That's why ball carriers so often try to hit the sideline.

Arians cut and acceleration was sick. He was able to cut up the field before backside pursuit had a chance to get there.

As a general rule, yes!
But isn't it more important to get the runner to run parallel with the LOS?
Also, the general rule of the ZBS is downhill running first and foremost, isn't it?
With Foster going through the hole pretty much in a straight shot, by allowing him to continue on vertically, the defender (Branch) would give him (Foster) the whole field to work with.

Rey
08-04-2011, 03:23 AM
Lol. . . Ohhhhhhhhh no.

I watched it again and I was slightly mistaken. Leach still got stood up and stopped at the goal line by #57 but he wasn't the one that almost kept foster out the ez.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Lol. . . Ohhhhhhhhh no.

Did you watch in on youtube?

The LOS was the two.
Leach was near the goal line.
Bart Scott was in the end zone.
Who won?

Rey
08-04-2011, 03:33 AM
As a general rule, yes!
But isn't it more important to get the runner to run parallel with the LOS?
Also, the general rule of the ZBS is downhill running first and foremost, isn't it?
With Foster going through the hole pretty much in a straight shot, by allowing him to continue on vertically, the defender (Branch) would give him (Foster) the whole field to work with.

I don't think you're taking into account how fast things happen on the field. When you watch film it's easy to slow things down and watch things over and over again, and you start filling in the story with your own personal time frame.

As soon as the safety or lb on that side sees a run towards them they have to think outside in, while backside is thinking inside out/clean up duty.

So when the ball is hiked and the rb runs to the right the defender (lbs and safeties) is going to attack the blockers outside shoulder. That's basic fundamentals.

Even on a run off tackle or behind the guard, if the run is coming towards you attack the blockers outside shoulder.

What you are trying to do is close the hole off. Or not let the hole become even wider. It allows backside to fight over and make the play. If the rb tries to bounce you are in good position to make the play.

The safety was in a tough spot. He was on the outside of vonta, but he was not near strong enough to buck him and close the hole off and he knew it. So he attacked outside and tried to cross back over and make a play but he was not near quick enough.

A more physical safety could have played it better, but his inside pursuit was awful and the o line did a good job of picking everything up.

Rey
08-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Did you watch in on youtube?

The LOS was the two.
Leach was near the goal line.
Bart Scott was in the end zone.
Who won?

Well we won that play because we scored. But I was just commenting on the over-hyped aspect of leach running through everybody. Any time you block your man it's a win, but again, leach didn't hammer anyone on that play. He got stood up and dropped.

He made his block, but he didnt steam roll on the goal line which is an aspect of his game that was largely hyped around here. He had an iso up on the lb. In a situation like that, for the money he wanted, he should have absolutely cleared that guy out.

Had Arian followed right behind his big fb, he would have found anything but a red carpet laid out.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 03:47 AM
At any rate, I'm not too concerned with a demolishing block.
An effective block is a great block.

Leach did well for the Texans, especially last year.
I just want to give him credit, that's all.

Foster did well on his own for the most part.
As long as the coach plan for opponents gearing to take away the cut back lane, our running game should be fine.

Rey
08-04-2011, 03:55 AM
At any rate, I'm not too concerned with a demolishing block.
An effective block is a great block.

Leach did well for the Texans, especially last year.
I just want to give him credit, that's all.

Foster did well on his own for the most part.
As long as the coach plan for opponents gearing to take away the cut back lane, our running game should be fine.

Leach was very good in his role. I think vickers has a chance to be better.

But regardless of who is the fb on the team I think Arian is the key piece. The o line gets a lot of credit too. They made some really good plays and they were really getting to the second and third level of the defense.

If I had to choose one piece of the running game to lose, it probably would have been vonta though. I think it should still go well with a competent fb in there.

76Texan
08-04-2011, 04:03 AM
I don't think you're taking into account how fast things happen on the field. When you watch film it's easy to slow things down and watch things over and over again, and you start filling in the story with your own personal time frame.

As soon as the safety or lb on that side sees a run towards them they have to think outside in, while backside is thinking inside out/clean up duty.

So when the ball is hiked and the rb runs to the right the defender (lbs and safeties) is going to attack the blockers outside shoulder. That's basic fundamentals.

Even on a run off tackle or behind the guard, if the run is coming towards you attack the blockers outside shoulder.

What you are trying to do is close the hole off. Or not let the hole become even wider. It allows backside to fight over and make the play. If the rb tries to bounce you are in good position to make the play.

The safety was in a tough spot. He was on the outside of vonta, but he was not near strong enough to buck him and close the hole off and he knew it. So he attacked outside and tried to cross back over and make a play but he was not near quick enough.

A more physical safety could have played it better, but his inside pursuit was awful and the o line did a good job of picking everything up.

I hear you very well.
Still, I think each situation is different.
Here, there was also the force man (the one who took on Dreessen) that Foster could have run into had he been forced to cut to the outside.

But since you took the time to go through all that, you can take this one.
I need to go to work early tomorrow, daggum it!

Rey
08-04-2011, 04:11 AM
I hear you very well.
Still, I think each situation is different.
Here, there was also the force man (the one who took on Dreessen) that Foster could have run into had he been forced to cut to the outside.

But since you took the time to go through all that, you can take this one.
I need to go to work early tomorrow, daggum it!

Goodnight man. Good chattin!

HOU-TEX
08-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Moat around here know that Leach was muh boy and I'm still kinda ticked he's gone. However, I completely understand why they allowed him to walk. As far as Vickers...meh, he's got a lot to prove imo. The only thing Leach never really had was versatility out of the backfield. Face it, defenses didn't care where Leach was going. lol.

If Vickers can come in and prove to me he can hand out slobber-knockers AND be a reliable option out of the backfield, then I'll feel better. Until then, eh, let Casey do work

*edit: I'm keeping my sig until someone other than the obvious skill players can earn his spot. ha

Tailgate
08-04-2011, 12:51 PM

That music made my brain hurt!

Rey
08-04-2011, 03:30 PM
That music made my brain hurt!

Yeah I would suggest watching that with the volume off. The music is awful IMO.

Dutchrudder
08-04-2011, 03:45 PM
I think the Ravens will be an 8-8 team this year. They lost too many secondary players and their offense will be pretty lame like always. Rely mostly on Rice to do all the work and hope Flacco doesn't throw away the game.

DocBar
08-04-2011, 10:54 PM
I think the Ravens will be an 8-8 team this year. They lost too many secondary players and their offense will be pretty lame like always. Rely mostly on Rice to do all the work and hope Flacco doesn't throw away the game.I'll bet ya a Happy Meal that they go at least 10-6.

b0ng
08-04-2011, 11:05 PM
I'll bet ya a Happy Meal that they go at least 10-6.

Who is Flacco throwing to now?

EDIT: Boldin and Houshmanzadeh

vupac1
08-04-2011, 11:18 PM

I think they cut/released? Housch

They are on the verge of signing Malcom Floyd from SD tho

Rey
08-04-2011, 11:18 PM

I don't think housh or mason are there?

vupac1
08-04-2011, 11:19 PM
I don't think housh or mason are there?

Nope, neither is Heap

Just Boldin for now, and they are close to signing Malcolm Floyd

b0ng
08-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Jets WR corps got worse (in my opinion) too. I think Jerricho Cotchery was underrated and will be missed. Plax for Braylon seems like a silly move.

Those two teams might have some really bad offensive numbers next year.

DocBar
08-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Jets WR corps got worse (in my opinion) too. I think Jerricho Cotchery was underrated and will be missed. Plax for Braylon seems like a silly move.

Those two teams might have some really bad offensive numbers next year.I would take Plax over Edwards any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Twice is twice the number of catches that Edwards will get on any given Sunday but equal to the number of drops....I hate math...:hides:

Rey
08-04-2011, 11:34 PM

Those two teams might have some really bad offensive numbers next year.

Yeah it seems as if they have taken a step back in their ability to stretch the field.

b0ng
08-04-2011, 11:41 PM
I should clarify, their run games should be pretty good but those passing numbers might not be so hot.

DocBar
08-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I should clarify, their run games should be pretty good but those passing numbers might not be so hot.Don't clarify...SHARE!!!! :)
littering and...littering and....you know the rest...

THE RAVENS DEN
08-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Are people in Baltimore still pissed about the Colts leaving in the middle of the night?

**serious question**

Yes and no, some of the old schoolers are, i was only 1 or 2 when they left so i really dont remember (but i understand) but we got the RAVENS now and to me INDY can have them, if you can watch

E 60 - THE BAND THAT WOULD NEVER DIE
(the colts marching band, they actually hid their uniforms in a Mausoleum for a little while.

very cool stuff, they our one of the reason why we got another team, the messed up thing about he whole thing is, they took all the trophies etc. Johnny Unitas was pissed about that too and made it known.

When the Browns left ohio and came to md they were able to keep all of their
memorabilia and their Name which we didnt want anyways, Plus they got their team back within 2 yrs not 11,12 years.

But it was the way they Left, that is the fcked up thing. If that happenned to the RAVENS, i know dam well id probably be balling my eyes out thats for sure.

Oh and another thing, thats why the RAVENS hate the COLTS , not as much as the fans though and not nearly as much as THE RAVENS AND FANS REALLY REALLY HATE THE STEALERS, (you guys have no clue how much Ravens and fans hate them)

Wolf
08-05-2011, 07:00 PM
I am not sure how old you are , but some of us lived through the Oilers-Steelers battles . I was 8 when I first got a taste of Earl Campbell versus "The Steel Curtain" .. I hated the Squealers

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/464/448/alc41_renfro_display_image_display_image.jpg?12880 29179

as a kid I still remember Jim Tunney and was :pissed:

and I had to look it up the freaking play

#4 most controversial calls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqPbXWhZA_o

anyway with the Texans, Pittsburgh isn't in our division, I still hate them but not like I used to.

Kimmy
08-05-2011, 07:13 PM
I am not sure how old you are , but some of us lived through the Oilers-Steelers battles . I was 8 when I first got a taste of Earl Campbell versus "The Steel Curtain" .. I hated the Squealers

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/464/448/alc41_renfro_display_image_display_image.jpg?12880 29179

anyway with the Texans, Pittsburgh isn't in our division, I still hate them but not like I used to.

WOLF!!!! Why'd ya have to post that! Oh man, I clearly remember being in my childhood living room & my parents absof^ckinglutely losing their minds during this game!

Best part about that clip is good 'ol Bum with that cowboy hat. Gotta love that man!

THE RAVENS DEN
08-05-2011, 07:14 PM
I think the Ravens will be an 8-8 team this year. They lost too many secondary players and their offense will be pretty lame like always. Rely mostly on Rice to do all the work and hope Flacco doesn't throw away the game.

I wouldnt say 8-8, yea we lost Josh Wilson (which im still freaking pissed about), but we got a DC who actually likes to blitz and isnt going to do prevent Defense as soon as we lead buy 3 points which was total bullsht. But we our getting dom. Foxworth back and Webb is another yr removed from his injury that came in his rookie yr ,also we finally get Ed Reed back for the first Game.(he missed the first 6 games last yr due to surgery and still lead the league in interceptions with only playing 10 games, thats a mind fck for ya lol). We also got the Rookie Jimmy Smith and hearing nothing but good things in trainning camp. We lost D. laundry who was a push over anyways.

The thing that messed us up last yr was mainly our Offensive Line, with Oher going to the LT position and losing Gaither to a back injury(which he was supposed to play RT. Our whole O line was mixed around, Yanda was playing RT when he was a G (a very good one at that i might add). Chris Chester was moved to G and he was a back up.

Also our man Problem that we still have is the OC , Cam Cameron who would have been fired but Coach John Harb. stood up for him(because he is his friend). Trust me Everyone was asking for Cams head, all he did was the same freaking plays over and over again and when something did work , you wouldnt see the play again. The problem with Cam Cameron is he doesnt use the player how they should be use, he doesnt use their strengths. If you dont believe me, just go check other forums to teams he coached for SD, Dolphins(GOOGLE IT). Everyone was bitching about the exact same thing the Ravens fans are bitching about. The only thing i can say is, it should get better simply because Cam knows he is Fired if the Offense doesnt do a 180 and if that happens, im praying he is fired mid season and not next yr.

Wolf
08-05-2011, 07:15 PM
WOLF!!!! Why'd ya have to post that! Oh man, I clearly remember being in my childhood living room & my parents absof^ckinglutely loosing their minds during this game!

Best part about that clip is good 'ol Bum with that cowboy hat. Gotta love that man!

I must like punishment... and watching that made me mad .. damn I hold grudges

Kimmy
08-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I must like punishment... and watching that made me mad .. damn I hold grudges

The worst part about this game? It was another "who knows?" Who knows if we would have won? Who knows if we would have won the SUPERBOWL?!?!

sighs Typical, typical ....

Now it's got me a hot! hahaha

THE RAVENS DEN
08-05-2011, 07:21 PM

Housh is gone,But might come back if we dont resign Mason (which im still Furious about)

We got rookie Tandom Doss, Torrey Smith (which both are looking really really good) and a few other Rooks that look promising we also signed James Hardy that is 6-foot-5, 220-pound who played for Buffalo right before the lockout who was a 2nd round pick.

Guess we are going to have to wait for the preseason games to see who pans out.

b0ng
08-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Housh is gone,But might come back if we dont resign Mason (which im still Furious about)

We got rookie Tandom Doss, Torrey Smith (which both are looking really really good) and a few other Rooks that look promising we also signed James Hardy that is 6-foot-5, 220-pound who played for Buffalo right before the lockout who was a 2nd round pick.

Guess we are going to have to wait for the preseason games to see who pans out.

Sounds like Vonta Leach and Ray Rice have their work cut out for them this year.

THE RAVENS DEN
08-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Oh also someone posted that our D wasnt going to be a good, Man you have no idea how much better they our going to be, We our finally getting
Sergio Kindle ( our number one pick last yr in the draft, who broke his crown falling down 2 flights of stair) so that is another pass rusher who will be opposite of T-Sizzle and of course we have Ngata who lost 20 pounds (which he really didnt need to) so he will be a bit faster of the line, We also have MOUNT CODY who also lost some wieght but gain muscle and is much more leaner. Arthor Jones who gain wieght but it was muscle wieght and of course we still have Redding who started to find his way towards the mid to end season.

So in other words im really excited (also nervous, like anyone else and their team) about our Defense, If Jimmy Smith is the real deal then we should have our own shut down corner.

Plus our 6th round draft pick Tyrod Taylor QB looks like Vick 2.0 (we will know when the preseason has started) Aug.11 cant come soon enough, we play the dream team EAGLES, but itll be mostly Rooks and people we got in FA on both sides of the ball.

THE RAVENS DEN
08-05-2011, 07:50 PM

And yes that was total b.s. , the Refs are Black and Gold deguised in black and white strips. Refs should be fined when it comes to bad call that change the game, EXAMPLE- STEALERS VS DOLPHINS- that game was total B.S

did i mention that fcking HATE the Stealers, with a passion and their fans are a joke with their white, YELLOW soaked Piss towels, I got banned from their forums. Mind you i didnt even say anything vulgar or insulting to the point i should have been banned.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-06-2011, 10:39 AM

I remember that play well. That was total BS. I never got over that call. There was song for it too. I'm sorry so sorry........