PDA

View Full Version : DT Aubrayo Franklin

Section516
08-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Hasen't had anyone really pursuing him..Visiting 49'ers later today..

Why haven't we brought him in? Surely his worth has dropped due to lack of interest? Worth a shot anyways?

Franklin spent his first four years with the Baltimore Ravens as a backup who saw limited action but then found success after signing with the 49ers prior to the 2007 season. He has become a very effective run stopper in the middle as he plugs up the middle. He plays with excellent leverage and does a good job of using his hands to control and shed blockers. He lacks great lateral range and makes most of his lays in the box. He lacks the upfield speed and acceleration to pressure the pocket as a pass-rusher but can cave in the pocket with an effective bull rush at times.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/player/scouting/_/id/4604/aubrayo-franklin

Doppelganger
08-01-2011, 07:29 AM

Why haven't we brought him in? Surely his worth has dropped due to lack of interest? Worth a shot anyways?

Franklin spent his first four years with the Baltimore Ravens as a backup who saw limited action but then found success after signing with the 49ers prior to the 2007 season. He has become a very effective run stopper in the middle as he plugs up the middle. He plays with excellent leverage and does a good job of using his hands to control and shed blockers. He lacks great lateral range and makes most of his lays in the box. He lacks the upfield speed and acceleration to pressure the pocket as a pass-rusher but can cave in the pocket with an effective bull rush at times.

That's why Wade doesn't want him. He wants DTs who are able to create havoc and not just big tubs of goo.

otisbean
08-01-2011, 07:30 AM

Maybe we'll get lucky and be able to sign him to a friendly contract due to apparent lack of interest.

The1ApplePie
08-01-2011, 10:43 AM
That's why Wade doesn't want him. He wants DTs who are able to create havoc and not just big tubs of goo.

Yet Wade loved Jamal Williams:kitten:

Section516
08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Just seems to me if his market has dropped there is no reason we shouldnt sniff. Nothing wrong with having Franklin/Okoye 40/40 split with Cody filling in the rest.

ChampionTexan
08-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Just seems to me if his market has dropped there is no reason we shouldnt sniff. Nothing wrong with having Franklin/Okoye 40/40 split with Cody filling in the rest.

Uhmmmm.....actually there is.

Section516
08-01-2011, 02:17 PM
Yes. Indeed there is. I meant Mitchell..Sorry, was reading about Okoye and the bears..

badboy
08-01-2011, 06:12 PM
I was interested in Franklin before last season but he did not impress me and he is pretty expensive.

leebigeztx
08-02-2011, 06:19 PM
I was interested in Franklin before last season but he did not impress me and he is pretty expensive.

So expensive he signed a 1 yr deal with new orleans :wadepalm: