PDA

View Full Version : Cheta Ozougwu

Trail.Blazr
07-31-2011, 01:47 PM
???

Is there room for him?
Does he have a chance to make the team?

With only draft day comments about him for a basis, it doesn't seem likely, but who doesn't like a potential Mr. Irrelevant becomes Relevant story?

I'm looking forward to see training camp reports on him.

The Pencil Neck
07-31-2011, 01:56 PM
???

Is there room for him?
Does he have a chance to make the team?

With only draft day comments about him for a basis, it doesn't seem likely, but who doesn't like a potential Mr. Irrelevant becomes Relevant story?

I'm looking forward to see training camp reports on him.

I don't expect him to. I expect him to wind up on the practice squad, if anything.

He's way too small to be a DE in this defense. OTOH, he's not fast enough to be a rush linebacker and he's not fluid enough to be a linebacker that drops into coverage. His strength is against the run; he's a strong kid.

With the switch to the 3-4, we have to carry more LBs. I just don't see this kid having what it takes to make the squad.

Rey
07-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Somebody is going to get injured. Might be in the lb corps.

So maybe.

TimeKiller
07-31-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm guessing they need at least 8 backers to make this happen.

Williams, Ryans, Cushing and Barwin round out the starters, so who are their backups?

Reed obviously fills an OLB spot, I guess they feel alright with Sharpton and Bentley backing up the middle spots even though one is undersized and the other...kinda sucks. I think there's room for him if they believe he can rush or would just be a better athlete to throw in than Kevin Bentley. I can't give a reason why Bentley plays on any team so...I could see him replacing Bentley. Another young LB I think we should watch for is the West Texas Braman UDFA backer dude. Big guy, maybe he could be an ILB who can clog up the running game, allow Cushing to see some reps at OLB for rushing.

Interesting stuff.

Rey
07-31-2011, 03:04 PM
When did bentley become the whipping boy?

He's not anything special, but he's solid and is a good special teams player by all accounts.

I think he makes a fine back up in the middle.

The Pencil Neck
07-31-2011, 03:10 PM
Bentley is also a FA and is not currently on the team.

Rey
07-31-2011, 03:17 PM
Bentley is also a FA and is not currently on the team.

Yeah, so I've heard.

I dont think Mark Anderson is on the team either.

The Pencil Neck
07-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah, so I've heard.

I dont think Mark Anderson is on the team either.

Exactly. I'm not sure who's going to be suiting up but we seem to be deficient on LBs.