PDA

View Full Version : Are we done with FA?

Wolf6151
07-31-2011, 05:15 AM
Joseph and Manning were both huge signings for the Texans but I haven't heard of the Texans pursuing anyone else in FA. Surely we're not done, are we? Will the Texans sign any more FA's? If so who do you think we'll go after? We've still got holes on the team and could use some better quality depth at several positions.

ObsiWan
07-31-2011, 05:19 AM
I'd like to think the answer is "no, we're not done". I'm thinking they're trying to get the draftees and minor UFA (i.e., the Bulman-class folks) re-signed.

And when you think about it, F/A is never done. I just think the frenzy has died down. We were "drinking from a fire hose" for a while there.

Wolf6151
07-31-2011, 05:28 AM
Yea it was pretty exciting there for the first few days. I'm just thinking they need to sign some depth at ILB, DT, and DE as well as a Punter and another SS/FS for training camp competition.

Corrosion
07-31-2011, 05:30 AM
I could see them signing several positions -

FB (Vonta)
ILB
DE
NT
Punter
Maybe a WR & an OLB.

Dont ask for names , they will probably be minor signings in comparison to those deals already done. So many guy's available at every spot its hard to know who they might bring in.

ObsiWan
07-31-2011, 05:31 AM
Yea it was pretty exciting there for the first few days. I'm just thinking they need to sign some depth at ILB, DT, and DE as well as a Punter and another SS/FS for training camp competition.
I totally agree.... especially about bringing in more LBs

Rey
07-31-2011, 10:19 AM
This fo brings in guys all the time. Even during the season we are working guys out and stuff.

No way we are completely done. The longer you wait though, the more desperate guys become and the cheaper you can get them for.

DX-TEX
07-31-2011, 10:22 AM
I'd like to think the answer is "no, we're not done". I'm thinking they're trying to get the draftees and minor UFA (i.e., the Bulman-class folks) re-signed.

And when you think about it, F/A is never done. I just think the frenzy has died down. We were "drinking from a fire hose" for a while there.

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1411537_o.gif

Love this gif

srrono
07-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Not knowing our cap position I am guessing we are in the position where the Texans are looking for bargins. We cant fix 9 years of offseasons in one offseason.

XI CMURDER IX
07-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Not knowing our cap position I am guessing we are in the position where the Texans are looking for bargins. We cant fix 9 years of offseasons in one offseason.

Exactly, we as fans, wanted them to make a big splash in free agency. Well they did and they spent a LOT of money. They are going to be looking for veterans, rookies, and backups, to sign for the league minimum more than likely. They might have a little room, but they aren't going to sign another big name player.

b0ng
07-31-2011, 10:43 AM
I could live with them signing a good DT, and some depth guys (ie, the DT has a good/great chance of actually being a starter) but I'm not going to be too sad if they don't.

They can't possibly be done bringing in bodies for the 2011 season though, no way.

badboy
07-31-2011, 05:32 PM
I would like to see another vet corner, but ok if not. We need to find a punter and a FB. Other teams still have time to let players go that we could be interested in.

steelbtexan
07-31-2011, 07:26 PM
I could see them signing several positions -

FB (Vonta)
ILB
DE
NT
Punter
Maybe a WR & an OLB.

Dont ask for names , they will probably be minor signings in comparison to those deals already done. So many guy's available at every spot its hard to know who they might bring in.

Yep

ILB,DE,FB and P really need to be addressed for depth purposes. Warren if healthy and Vickers would be a great place to start.

DocBar
07-31-2011, 07:28 PM
How much cap room could we possibly have left? The lack of cap space is the excuse we gave for letting Leach walk.

keyser
07-31-2011, 07:57 PM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1411537_o.gif

Love this gif

Getting off topic, but that's one of my favorite movies (UHF), and one that it ssems lots of people haven't ever seen.

The Pencil Neck
07-31-2011, 08:44 PM
How much cap room could we possibly have left? The lack of cap space is the excuse we gave for letting Leach walk.

I think they had $X allocated for the FB spot and wouldn't go higher than that. Now that $X goes in to the pot with whatever $Y they had allocated for other positions.

I think they may have more available than you expect because they've budgeted to take care of a few more positions.