PDA

View Full Version : Going through Pittsburgh

Texanmike02
07-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Almost 30 years ago when I was a little kid I remember the talk of the town. My dad and the neighbors would say "The road to the Super Bowl goes through Pittsburgh". I was 4. I remember it because my grandfather (a steelers fan back then) used to say the same thing when he came in town. I didn't know much about football, really anything... but I did know that saying.

This year, the road to the playoffs goes through Pittsburgh.

Lets be honest. We should punch Indy in the mouth. Indy doesn't really test us. Sure they test our new secondary... sure they test our offense but if we beat Indy that doesn't really tell us much because we hit them in the mouth last year. Partially because they were soft... they ARE a finesse team. If this team is going to be successful it will be because we are physical. That is on the defense. Miami can't tell us, they would actually have to be good. The Saints, they don't qualify either. Well maybe, they did let go of Shrub but I still think its the Pittsburgh game that is the tell all book.

I don't really question the offense so much as the defense. We know the offense (though it didn't do it as much last year) is capable of coming out and stunning the other team... but what about the defense? We had one game (SD?) that the special teams turned the tide (we wound up losing that game too for the record) but I want the defense to come out, smack the opponent and walk off the field handing a bloodied glove to the offense. If we get to the Pitt game and we see Cushing running over people, if Manning is throwing his body around... if Mario is shucking T's and Jenkinsing TEs then this team has arrived. This season isn't about if we can beat Indy... of course we can. We might not, given the short schedule... and of course it will be billed as the biggest game in franchise history (really? again?). Its not. We won that one last year. Then we basically flushed the rest of the season down the toilet. No, if you want the biggest game of our season, its Pittsburgh. We can go into that game 1-2, 2-1 3-0, it doesn't matter really. Win that game, 2-2 and life is grand (until we find out if this team can play well after an emotional win that is).

Anyone remember the Pittsburgh game a few years ago? Going for it on 4th down? Yeah... that game. Lets be honest, again. In the Kubiak era, has this team smacked any "heavy hitting" team in the mouth? Maybe Baltimore last year, we at least fought back. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think I am. I think it is exactly what we think it is. How have we fared against the Jets? Yes our offense has been suspect, but that happens against the Jets. Our problem? We've let them bitchslap our entire defense, Jenkins not withstanding. Dallas manhandled us, so did NY. We demolished cincy two years ago... oh wait, that's another from the softer side. Yes, this team needs toughness and that comes from the defense.

I'm not making a predication because I don't think ANYONE knows about this team. We've got the pieces but we've had them before. We had a candy ass Defensive coordinator (thanks smithiak that's all on you-- thanks bob for hiring a real DC) the last several years and honestly, name a hard hitting team that our defense has pushed around. In the last 4 years? I get it, Kubiak is an offensive guy... I have no problem with that really but why do we hire DCs that I would rather fight than my grandmother?

Hopefully we pass that test.

Mike

GP
07-30-2011, 06:47 PM
Agree with 99% of that.

Disagree that Bob escapes accountability for the hiring of TWO candy ass d-coords with no d-coord experience among both of 'em.

Bob signs the checks. Bob has the ultimate control. "Trusting your GM and head coach" should not go so far as to let them hire any geek off the street. They gotta' be handy with the steel if you know what I mean. Earn their keep.

New name for the defense should be The Regulators.

Texas T
07-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Nice post. It makes sense to me )and I'd definitely like to beat Pittsburgh because it's my wife's team).

I'd give you rep but I guess I did recently and must spread some first!!

DocBar
07-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Ohhhhh how I remember the Luv Ya Blue era. I still hate Pittsburgh more than any team in the AFC. That's mostly jealousy, though.

SAMURAITEXAN
07-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Mike, VS Pittsburgh game always has been special one to me. I am much closer to your dad's age and I lived in Houston back in Luv Ya Blue era. Now with Wade as our D coordinator, Pittsburgh game means a lot more than in the past personally.

Agree, we need to go through Pittsburgh and Win in a physical game to prove ourselves that we are tough and tough enough to slug it out with any team.

I also believe, it is very important for us to win many divisional games as possible. But yes, to win a physical game means a lot to our team.

Go Texans!!!

TheMatrix31
07-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Ohhhhh how I remember the Luv Ya Blue era. I still hate Pittsburgh more than any team in the AFC. That's mostly jealousy, though.

I don't hate Pittsburgh at all.

Raiders, Jets, Patriots, Titans, Jacksoffville.

Patriotsmuse
07-30-2011, 07:27 PM
It's a tough schedule and front loaded before the bye week.
The unknown is how Texans stand up against the Saints . I believe the pre season opener will set the tone .

If The right players have stay healthy. If Off season additions fit almost perfectly. If The defense plays opportunistic . If The coach has enough swag to occasionally ignore odds in favor of guts and feel. And If handful of injury replacements plug in and not allow a drop-off.

Then Pittsburgh 's just one of many.

ThaShark316
07-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Never really hated the Steelers more than I just hated how the Oilers would lose in :mariopalm: ways.

Anyway...yeah I can roll with this.

I expect 2-1 going into that game...we better be. At worst, 1-2.

TheMatrix31
07-30-2011, 07:40 PM
It's a tough schedule and front loaded before the bye week.
The unknown is how Texans stand up against the Saints . I believe the pre season opener will set the tone .

If The right players have stay healthy. If Off season additions fit almost perfectly. If The defense plays opportunistic . If The coach has enough swag to occasionally ignore odds in favor of guts and feel. And If handful of injury replacements plug in and not allow a drop-off.

Then Pittsburgh 's just one of many.

I know you're new and I don't want to step on your toes, but please good Lord, the "swag" stuff has got to go.

/general rant on anyone that uses that word

Dutchrudder
07-30-2011, 07:44 PM
I know you're new and I don't want to step on your toes, but please good Lord, the "swag" stuff has got to go.

Were you also mentally scarred by the Swagger Jagger song?

DocBar
07-30-2011, 08:00 PM
A SWAG is a Scientific Wild Assed Guess.

b0ng
07-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Is that game here or at Pittsburgh?

Texas T
07-30-2011, 08:15 PM
it's in Houston

Trail.Blazr
07-30-2011, 08:15 PM
The road to the playoffs does NOT go through Pittsburgh. While, I too agree with you in concept, we can lose to Pittsburgh and still make the playoffs.

The road to the playoffs is the same this year as it has been every year we fall short...

Win division games. 0-6, 1-5, 2-4 even 3-3 doesn't work for any team with playoff aspirations.

It starts week 1... again this year.

DocBar
07-30-2011, 08:18 PM
The road to the playoffs does NOT go through Pittsburgh. While, I too agree with you in concept, we can lose to Pittsburgh and still make the playoffs.

The road to the playoffs is the same this year as it has been every year we fall short...

Win division games. 0-6, 1-5, 2-4 even 3-3 doesn't work for any team with playoff aspirations.

It starts week 1... again this year.

I don't think you see what he's talking about here....

TheMatrix31
07-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Were you also mentally scarred by the Swagger Jagger song?

I'm really glad I have no clue what that is.

Texas T
07-30-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm really glad I have no clue what that is.

You are one lucky person if you didn't get sucked into that discussion...

Trail.Blazr
07-30-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't think you see what he's talking about here....

I believe I do.. Houston's D is not a smash mouth style team. whatever.

The greatest show on turf wasn't either.. They were opportunistic because they new other teams had to press offensively to keep up for any chance at a win.

THAT is what I think the Texans are better suited for... not where this thread is wishing we could go.

DX-TEX
07-30-2011, 08:34 PM
Someone posted an interview with Michael Lombardi the last few days in a thread I can not remember. He has been questioning the Texans toughness for years now. Why doesnt someone on the coaching staff or a player use these types of comments as bulletin board material to fire these guys up. Make them want to stand up and say hey 'We are here and we are NOT leaving!"

First 6 games this season will show if they have gotten any tougher this year:

Colts, Dolphins, Saints, Steelers, Raiders, Ravens.

b0ng
07-30-2011, 08:49 PM
it's in Houston

Have a way better feeling about it then than if it's at Heinz (or 3 rivers or whatever the **** that field is called now). Honestly I think the true test is the Ravens game at Balty.

wildroot
07-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Nice post. It makes sense to me )and I'd definitely like to beat Pittsburgh because it's my wife's team).

I'd give you rep but I guess I did recently and must spread some first!!

Oh Jeez...that'd make for a cozy evening with the missus.

80tothezone
07-30-2011, 10:59 PM

Raiders, Jets, Patriots, Titans, Jacksoffville.

Lol my boss is from Jacksonville.... cant wait to leave a stuffed jaguar Gored by the red white and blue bull on his desk.. A real jaguar would be better but wal-mart apparently sells everything but live exotic animals and I won't pay Mall prices.

Oh and as usaual mike is right. I remember 4 yrs ago when they slaughtered us. Although I think we will win and baltimore the next week too.

DocBar
07-30-2011, 11:03 PM
I believe I do.. Houston's D is not a smash mouth style team. whatever.

The greatest show on turf wasn't either.. They were opportunistic because they new other teams had to press offensively to keep up for any chance at a win.

THAT is what I think the Texans are better suited for... not where this thread is wishing we could go.He's also talking about the history of Pittsburgh and the fact that 30 yrs ago, you went through Pittsburgh to get to the SB. 30 yrs later, it still holds true. It's about a mindset and tradition. Everyone on here realizes you need to win your division. :fingergun:

Patriotsmuse
07-30-2011, 11:34 PM

I know you are used to being a controlling little nut but crossover child all are welcome to the "lets not be a typical A hole" brigade!

DocBar
07-30-2011, 11:36 PM
I know you are used to being a controlling little nut but crossover child all are welcome to the "lets not be a typical A hole" brigade!what? Punctuation is your friend. It can and should be used in the middle of sentences, as well as the end of them.

Texanmike02
07-31-2011, 01:08 AM
I know you are used to being a controlling little nut but crossover child all are welcome to the "lets not be a typical A hole" brigade!

Wow. Make yourself at home.

Mike

DocBar
07-31-2011, 01:26 AM

Raiders, Jets, Patriots, Titans, Jacksoffville.You must be a youngen and haven't experienced the full gamut of pure suckiness that has been Houston football in relation to Pittsburgh football. Consider yourself lucky.

DocBar
07-31-2011, 01:27 AM
Have a way better feeling about it then than if it's at Heinz (or 3 rivers or whatever the **** that field is called now). Honestly I think the true test is the Ravens game at Balty.I call it the "cozy ketchup confines". It works for me.

NitroGSXR
07-31-2011, 01:33 AM
What? Punctuation is your friend. It can and should be used in the middle of sentences, as well as the end of them.

From the capitol of Texas... Fify.

:lion:

JB
07-31-2011, 02:55 AM

Really? Just a few posts in and already insulting people?

Enjoy your brief visit young whippersnapper!

Trail.Blazr
07-31-2011, 06:48 AM
He's also talking about the history of Pittsburgh and the fact that 30 yrs ago, you went through Pittsburgh to get to the SB. 30 yrs later, it still holds true. It's about a mindset and tradition. Everyone on here realizes you need to win your division. :fingergun:

Whatever dude. He's using history to suggest that Pitt's version of smashmouth is what we need. And while I can't argue with 6 rings, He's also suggesting that we have the pieces to be that team THIS year. I object. There is nothing to suggest the Texans D will have any attitude in comparison. Again, I believe we are better compared to that of yet another SB winning team. The Rams. They were a finesse team that would put Mega points on the board on offense and dared you to keep up. They didn't have a smash mouth D, but yet were VERY successful at applying pressure up front and sitting back and looking for turnovers.

Quite honestly, as I try to sip from the Battle Red kool-aid, I have concerns if we can do anything in the 3-4. If I recall, when we abandoned the 3-4 years ago, Nose Tackle was a big problem for us. Should be the same now. We also didn't have a good enough LB corp. Should be the same now. Our only proven LB's have more questions than answers. Will Demeco be able to bring it yet? Is Cushing going to play up to his "ahem: Over-trained athlete syndrome" self? Or do we get back to backs of Cushing 2.0?

But I digress. Back on topic, as this OP suggests through title and spirit, this is NOT a team that needs to beat Pittsburgh nor can they play like them, but they still can get to the superbowl despite. Gotta focus on what's real.

thunderkyss
07-31-2011, 06:53 AM
Lets be honest. We should punch Indy in the mouth. Indy doesn't really test us.

Miami can't tell us, they would actually have to be good.

The Saints, they don't qualify either.

I still think its the Pittsburgh game that is the tell all book.

I think they will all be telling. If we go toe-to-toe with the Colts & win at the last minute, at home... I don't think that fares well for our team. Short season or not, Manning isn't taking reps & we've got a lot (as a fan base) to really bring some noise for 60 minutes. Manning should be discombobulated when he leaves Reliant on Sept 11.

Miami should be a blow-out.... it shouldn't even be close. The team needs to be on their game from the get go & Miami won't have a chance.

The Saints... that's a world class club, I don't see how playing them won't tell us where the Texans stand.

I agree with your thoughts about Pittsburgh.

I don't really question the offense so much as the defense. We know the offense (though it didn't do it as much last year) is capable of coming out and stunning the other team...

I don't agree with this. The offense still has questions. I don't believe they are where they should be after following Kubiak for 5 years.

We expect the defense to win the battle of field position, no reason we shouldn't expect our offense to win T.O.P. even last year. As good as the stats were, they did a poor job of staying on the field & protecting our defense.

If we were the Jets, or Baltimore I can understand. I wouldn't expect so much from the offense. But with Kubiak, the best rusher in the league, the best wide receiver in the league, a bona-fide Pro-Bowl QB & TE.... doesn't make sense what we saw last year.

but what about the defense? We had one game (SD?) that the special teams turned the tide (we wound up losing that game too for the record) but I want the defense to come out, smack the opponent and walk off the field handing a bloodied glove to the offense. If we get to the Pitt game and we see Cushing running over people, if Manning is throwing his body around... if Mario is shucking T's and Jenkinsing TEs then this team has arrived.

I just felt it wiggle.

Mike

Ω

thunderkyss
07-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Someone posted an interview with Michael Lombardi the last few days in a thread I can not remember. He has been questioning the Texans toughness for years now. Why doesnt someone on the coaching staff or a player use these types of comments as bulletin board material to fire these guys up.

Because it is the coaches that are soft.

Think about how the defense played in 2009. I thought we had a real defense. Room for improvement, sure, but I thought we were going to start doing the things that make defenses great. Going after the QB, flying to the ball, jumping routes, making it difficult for other teams to do anything. Understanding we'll give up the big play every now & then, but piling up enough 3 & outs that it worked out in our favor.

But in 2010, they tried to overcompensate for missing Cushing then Demeco & starting kiddie corners.

Even in 2010, you can see when they got aggressive they shut down opposing offenses. Every game we made a comeback in, that's what happened. Even the Giants game, we owned the third Qtr, but the coaches backed it off once it looked like we were in the game.

Maybe Bush didn't know anybetter. Maybe he didn't want to upset Gary & it was Gary telling him to play conservative. I don't know.

I don't necessarily think that we needed a DC that had experience as a DC either. As respected as Wade is, if he doesn't go with his gut & our defense looks like **** because he doesn't want to upset Gary, then we aren't any better off than what we were before.

We need a DC who will punch the OC if he needs it.

thunderkyss
07-31-2011, 07:15 AM
Someone posted an interview with Michael Lombardi the last few days in a thread I can not remember. He has been questioning the Texans toughness for years now. Why doesnt someone on the coaching staff or a player use these types of comments as bulletin board material to fire these guys up.

Because it is the coaches that are soft.

Think about how the defense played in 2009. I thought we had a real defense. Room for improvement, sure, but I thought we were going to start doing the things that make defenses great. Going after the QB, flying to the ball, jumping routes, making it difficult for other teams to do anything. Understanding we'll give up the big play every now & then, but piling up enough 3 & outs and turnovers that it worked out in our favor.

But in 2010, they tried to overcompensate for missing Cushing then Demeco & starting kiddie corners.

Even in 2010, you can see when they got aggressive they shut down opposing offenses. Every game we made a comeback in, that's what happened. Even the Giants game, we owned the third Qtr, but the coaches backed it off once it looked like we were in the game.

Maybe Bush didn't know anybetter. Maybe he didn't want to upset Gary & it was Gary telling him to play conservative. I don't know.

I don't necessarily think that we needed a DC that had experience as a DC either. As respected as Wade is, if he doesn't go with his gut & our defense looks like **** because he doesn't want to upset Gary, then we aren't any better off than what we were before.

We need a DC who will knock the **** out of the OC if he needs it.

GuerillaBlack
07-31-2011, 07:31 AM

Well, he got called out by someone.... Only right, IMO.

JB
07-31-2011, 07:42 AM
Well, he got called out by someone.... Only right, IMO.

Care to clarify that a bit?

TheMatrix31
07-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Not sure suggesting to someone to stop using one of the most annoying, mind-numbingly infuriating terms to describe something, "swag", is calling someone out. No biggie, who cares.

GuerillaBlack
07-31-2011, 07:57 AM
Care to clarify that a bit?

Not sure suggesting to someone to stop using one of the most annoying, mind-numbingly infuriating terms to describe something, "swag", is calling someone out. No biggie, who cares.

If that's what the new guys wants to say, then that's what the new guy wants to say. He probably got offended when you told him using "swag" was out of style, tbh. Leave the newbies alone.

:fans:

Malloy
07-31-2011, 07:57 AM
It feels like every thread these days contain 2/3s personal rah-rah, I find myself skipping threads more and more often. Kinda sad really.

Grams
07-31-2011, 08:05 AM
We need a DC who will knock the **** out of the OC if he needs it.

I just want to see the defense knock the **** out of the other team's offense.

TheMatrix31
07-31-2011, 08:29 AM
If that's what the new guys wants to say, then that's what the new guy wants to say. He probably got offended when you told him using "swag" was out of style, tbh. Leave the newbies alone.

You might have a future in public defense.

GuerillaBlack
07-31-2011, 08:38 AM
You might have a future in public defense.

I've been told this many times now. Maybe I should switch from accounting.

thunderkyss
07-31-2011, 10:35 AM

:kitten:

DocBar
07-31-2011, 10:51 AM
So.....back on topic. I really hope the Texans can build an organization with the rich history and tradition of Pittsburgh. One day we can start a thread that has the road going through Houston.

Patriotsmuse
07-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Wow. Make yourself at home.

Mike

Thank you . I am always feeling at home when I express myself.

Patriotsmuse
07-31-2011, 03:10 PM

Perhaps you lack the keen ability to follow the bouncing ball. I posted in earnest about Texans season and matrix chose to show his lack of manners. Therefore , I felt obliged to assist him in correcting his impulses. If you feel that is either hurling insults are youthful indulgence ,I suggest you get in line behind matrix in that same brigade for mentioned.:dance3::dance3::dance3:

thunderkyss
07-31-2011, 03:37 PM
Perhaps you lack the keen ability to follow the bouncing ball. I posted in earnest about Texans season and matrix chose to show his lack of manners. Therefore , I felt obliged to assist him in correcting his impulses. If you feel that is either hurling insults are youthful indulgence ,I suggest you get in line behind matrix in that same brigade for mentioned.:dance3::dance3::dance3:

TheMatrix voiced a dislike for a particular word you just happened to use. He asked you to not use it. In his post he indicated his problem was the word, not you, not your post.

You've managed to call two of our members *******s... neither of whom insulted you.

Patriotsmuse
07-31-2011, 04:15 PM
TheMatrix voiced a dislike for a particular word you just happened to use. He asked you to not use it. In his post he indicated his problem was the word, not you, not your post.

You've managed to call two of our members *******s... neither of whom insulted you.

I stated bad manners it was the other member who stated insult .
I think " I know you are new here and stepping on your toes" speaks for itself as bad form.
I equally think calling someone a young whipper snapper and vaguely threatening they will be gone from the forum is rather offensive if not out right insulting.

Regardless, I am quite at ease with both my replies to the members.

gwallaia
07-31-2011, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the board Patriotsmuse.

The great majority here enjoying talking football with visiting fans.

With that said, how does everyone up there like Vollmer? He played his college ball down here in Houston.

Patriotsmuse
07-31-2011, 04:56 PM

With that said, how does everyone up there like Vollmer? He played his college ball down here in Houston.

Thank you Kindly.

I love talking football!

Texanmike02
07-31-2011, 06:17 PM

Sometimes ,punctuation ...if overused ;or used incorrectly !can make )it harder( than it ... needs? to be.

Mike

Texanmike02
07-31-2011, 06:19 PM

Interesting story. My brother (80tothezone) had him in one of his classes. If he's on here I"ll let him tell the story... I don't know all of the details but pretty interesting.

Mike

Patriotsmuse
07-31-2011, 06:48 PM
Sometimes ,punctuation ...if overused ;or used incorrectly !can make )it harder( than it ... needs? to be.

Mike

Oh you are a progressive lol.

DocBar
07-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Oh you are a progressive lol.

I. Must. Be. A. Conservative.:spin:

Wolf
07-31-2011, 07:09 PM

I read that in William Shatners voice

:thud:

Patriotsmuse
07-31-2011, 07:19 PM

Rigid ,anal focus on grammar is indicative of the progressive personality.
It was a joke to Texas Mike . If he is or is not progressive was not really my jest .

DocBar
07-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Rigid ,anal focus on grammar is indicative of the progressive personality.
It was a joke to Texas Mike . If he is or is not progressive was not really my jest .It's not all about you.

DocBar
07-31-2011, 07:23 PM
I read that in William Shatners voice

:thud:That's crazy because that's the same voice I typed it in. :yikes:

80tothezone
07-31-2011, 08:32 PM
Interesting story. My brother (80tothezone) had him in one of his classes. If he's on here I"ll let him tell the story... I don't know all of the details but pretty interesting.

Mike

Yeh I had Seabass (Volmer) in a couple of classes in my time at UofH. Actually we both had the same last class in dec 2008 Economic analysis of Law. He Had done well in the class (one of the few who did) and was actually worried about passing because he is from Germany and passing would mean that he would graduate and graduating would mean his visa would expire. So we sat out there and talked for about an hour on whether or not he should take the final. In the end he decided to tell the professor not to pass him and retook the class next semester and was then able to be drafted by the patriots. So there it is my Seabass story....

gwallaia
07-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Hmmm, I remember the Seabass videos during UH games when he would teach everyone a German word.

80tothezone
07-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I think what mike is referring to is the toughness that the steelers have. When things fall apart the steelers come together. They find a way to win ... no excuses ..... Big Ben goes down ... no problem we gonna win any way. They look for a way to win instead of an excuse why they cannot. That is why the road to the playoffs goes through them, The fact that they have been doing it for 30 yrs I think just means they are one of the best at it. Last year Meco goes down and it's well that is why our D sucked, or our coaches or our staff... Winners win regardless of circumstances ..... The first part of last yr we saw a little of that and that is what this team has been missing. The guy that steps up like the rockets championship runs. That is what we need and the way you find out if you have people like that on your team is by playing a team like the steelers who have turned it into an everyday thing. Do we have the people who can get hit get up and hit right back with a vengeance.

Norg
07-31-2011, 09:14 PM
Last time we played the steelers they took us to the wood shed

This time hopefully we can return the favor

NitroGSXR
07-31-2011, 10:32 PM

+1

Welcome! I'd like to see patriotsmuse make some comments in the Warren thread.

House of Pain
07-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Last time we played the steelers they took us to the wood shed

This time hopefully we can return the favor

I remember being up in NYC, and having to go to the only place where they would show that game (and the Cowgirls game too), a place called Hill Country. I went there by myself, and all the other Texans fans scattered around the restaurant, all of us in our respective Texans gear, meekly looking around at each other.

By halftime, all of us were drunk and sitting at the same table, irrationally questioning why we put ourselves what is the misery of being a Texans fan.

Although, I hate the Steelers, I respect their team tremendously. I would love nothing more than take the wind out of their sails by beating them. It won't make up for that bar tab in Manhattan, but it would be a start.

Patriotsmuse
08-01-2011, 12:37 AM
+1

Welcome! I'd like to see patriotsmuse make some comments in the Warren thread.

Thank you and will comment on Warren.
By the way the Patriot in Patriotsmuse refers to being an American Patriot.

NitroGSXR
08-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Thank you and will comment on Warren.
By the way the Patriot in Patriotsmuse refers to being an American Patriot.

Ah okay. What team(s) do you root for?

The Pencil Neck
08-01-2011, 01:48 AM
I remember being up in NYC, and having to go to the only place where they would show that game (and the Cowgirls game too), a place called Hill Country. I went there by myself, and all the other Texans fans scattered around the restaurant, all of us in our respective Texans gear, meekly looking around at each other.

By halftime, all of us were drunk and sitting at the same table, irrationally questioning why we put ourselves what is the misery of being a Texans fan.

Although, I hate the Steelers, I respect their team tremendously. I would love nothing more than take the wind out of their sails by beating them. It won't make up for that bar tab in Manhattan, but it would be a start.

I was in Italy for that game. I'd gotten food poisoning in Florence and I was in a rickety little bed in a castle outside Rome. I'd been assured that they had high-speed internet and I'd be able to watch the game online. It wasn't. I couldn't. So I was sick and we got our asses handed to us.

I was very depressed.

Patriotsmuse
08-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Ah okay. What team(s) do you root for?

Texans!:hurrah:

76Texan
08-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Texans!:hurrah:

Just gave you a rep for that!