PDA

View Full Version : Jets reportedly have decided not to re-sign WR Edwards

Wolf
07-30-2011, 02:53 PM
Wide receiver Braylon Edwards won't be back with the Jets, the New York Daily News reported Saturday, citing a source.

The Jets would like to re-sign their unrestricted free agent, but don't have the salary cap space, the Daily News reported via its Twitter account.

According to the source, Edwards' return "won't happen."

One free agent the Jets could turn to, according the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, is former Giants and Steelers wide receiver Plaxico Burress. Burress, who was released from prison in June, was visiting the Steelers on Saturday, the Post-Gazette reported.

Edwards, 28, apparently saw the writing on the wall Wednesday, when the Jets extended a five-year deal worth almost $50 million, including $24 million guaranteed, to Santonio Holmes.

He congratulated Holmes via Twitter, but wrote "I would love to be a Jet but the feeling doesn't seem to be mutual with the management."

He removed that post, but later added, ""Will always love jets nation no matter what happens.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82119d70/article/jets-reportedly-have-decided-not-to-resign-wr-edwards?module=HP11_headline_stack

Corrosion
07-31-2011, 05:29 AM
Its odd they had the cap space to attempt to get Aso but they dont have the cap space to resign a reciever or do anything to help their offense ?

Trap_Star
07-31-2011, 05:38 AM
Its odd they had the cap space to attempt to get Aso but they dont have the cap space to resign a reciever or do anything to help their offense ?

most of that money that would of been for aso, is going to the re-signing of cromartie.

edwards wants to get paid.

Corrosion
07-31-2011, 05:44 AM
most of that money that would of been for aso, is going to the re-signing of cromartie.

edwards wants to get paid.

I dont see Edwards getting a big time deal .... he's just too inconsistant. I think the Texans got much the same player in JJ 3 years $10.5m ?

Trap_Star
07-31-2011, 05:46 AM
I dont see Edwards getting a big time deal .... he's just too inconsistant. I think the Texans got much the same player in JJ 3 years $10.5m ?

oh i agree, don't think he does tho....best thing for him is to sign a 1 year deal and prove this season that he deserves that pay day next offseason.

Wolf6151
07-31-2011, 06:20 AM

When I read between the lines in that story, I don't think it's about money. I'm thinking this is about attitude or actions behind the scenes on the part of Edwards.