PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young: We are a dream team

b0ng
07-30-2011, 01:07 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/30/vince-young-declares-the-eagles-to-be-a-dream-team/related/

“From Nnamdi [Asomugha] to [Dominique Rodgers-]Cromartie, to Jason [Babin] to myself,“ Young told the media on Saturday, according to Tim McManus of PhillySportsDaily.com. “I know they are going to do some more things. . . . It’s just beautiful to see where we’re trying to go.”

ohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease let VY start most of the season in Philly. If they hated McNabb they are going to just loooooooooove VY.

JasonBabin93: I feel like we are the Miami Heat of the NFL..... Except we win the final game....

Dutchrudder
07-30-2011, 01:09 PM
He was never known for his intelligence.

Dan B.
07-30-2011, 01:18 PM
I think Vince is going to surprise some people. The fact that he went to Philadelphia shows a real maturation IMO. He wanted to be a backup with a good organization rather than start somewhere like Buffalo. Reid is a brilliant coach and can use Young's talents effectively -- if Vince chooses to listen to him. I think Vince is showing that he will.

I also think Philly fans are going to be better towards him than others do. The backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. If Vick goes down, the city will go into meltdown. If Vince comes in and does even a few things right (something I think he is capable of), the fans will start screaming for him to start. See: Rosenfels, Carlson, or Bucky Richardson. Philly didn't crucify Vick, and there was at least as much to work with on Vick's resume. I don't think Philly fans would fault Vince for getting in a scuffle at practice.

Some of y'all need to get over the grudge with Vince. He's not at fault for getting drafted by the worst team in sports. It's not his fault that *********s wore his jersey to Reliant. I'm personally feeling a lot better about Vince now. It hurt before because I had a lot of positive memories of the guy. Now I can root for him again, with the added bonus of watching him beat the Cowboys. I'm really hoping that Jerry looks out from his box in Arlington when Dallas plays Philly and sees 50,000 jerseys with "Young" on the back. I would LOVE to see Vince get a 50 yard run in OT to crush the Boys.

b0ng
07-30-2011, 01:27 PM
It's entirely hilarious that the backup QB is calling his new team The Dream Team and is making it sound like they should just mail the Lombardi to Philly. Even Babin's comments are hilarious as well.

The fact that VY happens to be that backup is just icing on the cake.

EDIT: You didn't hear Dan O. talk about how him and Peyton are going to be a dynamic duo (more like an ambiguously gay duo lol), or see Leinart saying that the Texans making it deep. Backup QB's should be seen on the practice field and almost never heard from. I don't know how "mature" this strikes me. Didn't hear him utter the words "Hard work" either.

gary
07-30-2011, 01:30 PM
I agree with him after all of the players Philly has now signed out of basically nowhere. I think we might be looking at a Patriots vs Eagles super bowl.

Hookem Horns
07-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Now I can root for him again, with the added bonus of watching him beat the Cowboys. I'm really hoping that Jerry looks out from his box in Arlington when Dallas plays Philly and sees 50,000 jerseys with "Young" on the back. I would LOVE to see Vince get a 50 yard run in OT to crush the Boys.

I am a Giants fan so it's hard for me to root for the Eagles, however I normally always do when they play the Cowboys. I pretty much agree here. I was hoping VY would go to an NFC East team just to pay back all those VY/Cowboys fans that gave me grief all these years about how I should be rooting for the Titans because of the Horns. Now I want to see them rooting for the Eagles. I can't wait to see all of those Eagles jerseys at the Austin area Academy stores.

Texecutioner
07-30-2011, 01:39 PM
I think Vince is going to surprise some people. The fact that he went to Philadelphia shows a real maturation IMO. He wanted to be a backup with a good organization rather than start somewhere like Buffalo. Reid is a brilliant coach and can use Young's talents effectively -- if Vince chooses to listen to him. I think Vince is showing that he will.

I also think Philly fans are going to be better towards him than others do. The backup QB is always the most popular guy in town. If Vick goes down, the city will go into meltdown. If Vince comes in and does even a few things right (something I think he is capable of), the fans will start screaming for him to start. See: Rosenfels, Carlson, or Bucky Richardson. Philly didn't crucify Vick, and there was at least as much to work with on Vick's resume. I don't think Philly fans would fault Vince for getting in a scuffle at practice.

Some of y'all need to get over the grudge with Vince. He's not at fault for getting drafted by the worst team in sports. It's not his fault that *********s wore his jersey to Reliant. I'm personally feeling a lot better about Vince now. It hurt before because I had a lot of positive memories of the guy. Now I can root for him again, with the added bonus of watching him beat the Cowboys. I'm really hoping that Jerry looks out from his box in Arlington when Dallas plays Philly and sees 50,000 jerseys with "Young" on the back. I would LOVE to see Vince get a 50 yard run in OT to crush the Boys.

Damn, great post!

Dutchrudder
07-30-2011, 01:48 PM
I don't think Vince knows what a 'Dream Team' actually is. The Eagles are far from that, but that's not to say they won't be a favorite for at least the NFC championship.

Hardcore Texan
07-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Let me just paint the timeline now:

Eagles get off to a great start, Vick is lighting it up.

Vick scrambles in a super hero-esk run, exposes his body to a tough hit from a defender and gets injured.

In comes VY. Starts off great, wins a couple of games.

His play begins to decline, he throws a few picks, drops a few games and fans turn on him.

Vince takes in a tequila party at Sausagefest 2 to try and make himself feel better.

His perceived maturation is uncloaked like virgin's dress on prom night.

DBCooper
07-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Go Cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DX-TEX
07-30-2011, 02:24 PM

Then he goes and makes a stupid, dumbass and immature comment like this. If he just cried when the Nashville fans boo'd him how will he react when the Philly fans cuss him and chucnk snowballs at him?

Playoffs
07-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Vince needs to take the cotton of of his ears and stuff it in his mouth (and his tweeter).

Time to shut-up, grow-up, study-up, and commit to being a teammate and to his craft.

He is damn lucky to be in Philly.

SheTexan
07-30-2011, 02:37 PM

Spoken like a true UT homer!! J/K!!!! LOVE ya neph!!:smooch:

Texecutioner
07-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Are people going to stomp all over this guy for his entire career? And then after it too??

Rey
07-30-2011, 02:52 PM
What's wrong with him talking up his new team?

SheTexan
07-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Are people going to stomp all over this guy for his entire career? And then after it too??

YEP!! And enjoy every minute of it!! After all, its the TEXAN thing to do ya know! Just read this messsage board and all the HATE post against players that are not liked! NOONE does it better than Texan fans!! :winky:

pirbroke
07-30-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm cool with calling them the dream team, spread the word. Dallas just knocked out Miami Dream team, so I say it's houston turn to knock out the Eagles dream team in the super bowl. ahhh the state of Texas, were dreams come to die, LOL ok I need a new slogan, ideas anyone.

b0ng
07-30-2011, 04:01 PM

As long as he keeps up with saying inflammatory stuff and being a general goofball? Yes.

drs23
07-30-2011, 04:21 PM

Every chance I get. Hurling pads into the stands? Pouting like a crybaby? Sausage and tequila parties sporting the panther fist pump? Gimme a break.

And I left a few out. The guy is a sausage case/moron.

Best wishes to him. :clown:

BSofA04
07-30-2011, 04:33 PM
If they're the Dream Team, VY is Christian Laettner. :hobie:

Texecutioner
07-30-2011, 06:50 PM
As long as he keeps up with saying inflammatory stuff and being a general goofball? Yes.

Yeah, but there are a ton of guys in the NFL that do that. A lot of people wanted Chad Johnson here and he hit his coach during a game. Some even wanted James Harrison after he shit all over great players on his own team.

I just don't see why people still hold a grudge against a guy that has never done anything to this team or insulted the fan base. He loves this city. He also wanted to be a Texan. People act like he said he'd never play here or something, but it was the opposite. I'd think after like 6 years or whatever, people would be over it by now especially since he isn't a Titan anymore.

DBCooper
07-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Yeah, but there are a ton of guys in the NFL that do that. A lot of people wanted Chad Johnson here and he hit his coach during a game. Some even wanted James Harrison after he shit all over great players on his own team.

I just don't see why people still hold a grudge against a guy that has never done anything to this team or insulted the fan base. He loves this city. He also wanted to be a Texan. People act like he said he'd never play here or something, but it was the opposite. I'd think after like 6 years or whatever, people would be over it by now especially since he isn't a Titan anymore.

My "Sausage Love" sense is tingling..........

TheMatrix31
07-30-2011, 07:35 PM
He's an ***** headcase who has wasted his talent thus far. And the homers make me hate him even more. Had some ridiculously staunch defenders on another site I frequent. Made it unbearable to even think about him, let alone root for him. Ugh.

imatexan
07-30-2011, 07:39 PM

As long as he still is a whinny all talk/little results player then yes.
If anything VY has been given way more passes than any other player with the amount of talent he has, just because he is from Texas we are supposed to follow every dumb thing he says?

I won't and unless he changes drastically I will always remember the stupid comments/him in a Titans uniform celebrating with the Reliant stadium "titans fans"
No this is not "your house" Vince, I will never have any respect for him after that and since then he has just confirmed my opinion with his breakdowns.

Honoring Earl 34
07-30-2011, 07:54 PM

There's still people out there who still think we should've taken Young . In fact these folks have the common line of " nobody even knew who Mario was " or " Mario wasn't even the best on his team " . These guys are clueless and have season tickets to boot .

Hardcore Texan
07-30-2011, 08:42 PM

:ok:

And I am a Longhorn fan.

b0ng
07-30-2011, 08:48 PM

True and I am pretty sure most of those guys get their own threads here too (James Harrison comes to mind as well as Mendenhall).

You have to remember that the original post of this thread was me quoting what vince said and then hoping that he has to start a few games for Philly this year along with Babin's comments. I can't help it if an ex-Texan and the last guy to help UT win a championship happened to make those comments, I would've posted them if Vick, Jackson or any of the other Eagles had said it because calling yourself a dream team when these guys have yet to practice together is just stupid no matter who says it.

Pantherstang84
07-31-2011, 09:48 AM
I agree with him after all of the players Philly has now signed out of basically nowhere. I think we might be looking at a Patriots vs Eagles super bowl.

Well dang it. We just get the lockout over and now we have to cancel the season and give the trophy to Philly. This Fall is going to suck. I guess there is always the English Premier League.

GuerillaBlack
07-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Philly gonna get LeBroned this season, tbh.

jaayteetx
07-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Well dang it. We just get the lockout over and now we have to cancel the season and give the trophy to Philly. This Fall is going to suck. I guess there is always the English Premier League.

Yep, thats why they play the games. I love it when they start handing out trophies before the year has even started, makes it so much better.

b0ng
07-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Philly gonna get LeBroned this season, tbh.

As if they need to sign Asomugha to choke an NFCCG. Andy Reid has that down pretty good already.

TheMatrix31
07-31-2011, 12:05 PM
I don't think the Miami Heat and Philadelphia Eagles are similar in the least bit. And the only *********s on Philadelphia are at their quarterback position.

SteveSlaton20
07-31-2011, 02:48 PM
i love the way y'all are freaking out about this and comparing it to lebron's, "not one, not two, not three..." claim after he signed with miami.

RealSkipBayless Skip Bayless

Very sad that Vince Young, after 2 Pro Bowls, 30-17 record, saving Jeff Fisher's job, got Fisher-balled around the NFL. Jeff ruined his rep.

VTexan
07-31-2011, 03:47 PM
Hookem, I think it's time to change your signature... at least for now :). also your new avatar is sickening .

Hardcore Texan
07-31-2011, 04:16 PM
i love the way y'all are freaking out about this and comparing it to lebron's, "not one, not two, not three..." claim after he signed with miami.

Very sad that Vince Young, after 2 Pro Bowls, 30-17 record, saving Jeff Fisher's job, got Fisher-balled around the NFL. Jeff ruined his rep.

I have been a member here for several years and you just gave me my first neg rep and told me to **** off for this post! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1738557&postcount=9)

Thanks, that negative 83 points really set me back. Too bad you have zero clarity around the situation. I am actually a huge Longhorn fan, and will always be grateful for his contributions to the Horns. However to sit around and act like his FAILURE as QB in the NFL is anything but his fault is ridiculous. Saved Fisher job? Please son, buy a clue.

Go read up on how Fisher and the tits org covered for him, all the missed meetings, throwing temper tantrums, throwing shoulder pads into the stands, getting into fights at strip clubs, etc. And every team in the NFL KNOWS it, the story is out. Why do you think he was cut and no one traded for him.

I actually want him to turn things around as a person. As a football player he has had the luxury of being the most talented person on the field just by setting foot on it......until he got to the NFL. You see, at this level, hard work beats talent. So it's a little hard for me to work up a bunch of sympathy for someone who has all the God-given talent in the world and pisses it away and then cries about it. Give me a freaking break, time to man up and go to work. You want sympathy? It's in the dictionary between sh!t and syphilis.

My advice: Life is tough, wear a cup.

Heath Shuler
07-31-2011, 06:28 PM
I have been a member here for several years and you just gave me my first neg rep and told me to **** off for this post! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1738557&postcount=9)

Thanks, that negative 83 points really set me back. Too bad you have zero clarity around the situation. I am actually a huge Longhorn fan, and will always be grateful for his contributions to the Horns. However to sit around and act like his FAILURE as QB in the NFL is anything but his fault is ridiculous. Saved Fisher job? Please son, buy a clue.

Go read up on how Fisher and the tits org covered for him, all the missed meetings, throwing temper tantrums, throwing shoulder pads into the stands, getting into fights at strip clubs, etc. And every team in the NFL KNOWS it, the story is out. Why do you think he was cut and no one traded for him.

I actually want him to turn things around as a person. As a football player he has had the luxury of being the most talented person on the field just by setting foot on it......until he got to the NFL. You see, at this level, hard work beats talent. So it's a little hard for me to work up a bunch of sympathy for someone who has all the God-given talent in the world and pisses it away and then cries about it. Give me a freaking break, time to man up and go to work. You want sympathy? It's in the dictionary between sh!t and syphilis.

I thought he was being sarcastic; you mean he actually meant to quote Skip Freakin Bayless? LMFAO Skip Bayless?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Spled
07-31-2011, 08:00 PM
They are pretty stacked, but so are Green Bay and New Orleans.

b0ng
08-01-2011, 09:15 AM

Please do tell me how VY earned those pro bowl nods because I would love to know. Also, lets discuss his ROY award and how he totally deserved it over Marques Colston.

gary
08-01-2011, 09:25 AM
All I know is that if Houston had made these same signings then this board would go balls to the wall crazy.

infantrycak
08-01-2011, 09:34 AM
All I know is that if Houston had made these same signings then this board would go balls to the wall crazy.

Other than Aso, why? Whoohoo a backup QB and a guy we dumped and everyone agreed was a bust (in addition to being an a-hole).

gary
08-01-2011, 09:43 AM
Other than Aso, why? Whoohoo a backup QB and a guy we dumped and everyone agreed was a bust (in addition to being an a-hole).How about DMC, Jenkins, and Donald Lee the TE? I am sure they are not done yet but that trade for DMC was great for them.

The Pencil Neck
08-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Please do tell me how VY earned those pro bowl nods because I would love to know. Also, lets discuss his ROY award and how he totally deserved it over Marques Colston.

Well, for one of them, he was like the 4th or 5th alternate, iirc. Guys were injured and guys decided not to go and so it fell to him by default. It's almost wrong to call that a pro bowl nod.

eriadoc
08-01-2011, 09:50 AM
What's wrong with him talking up his new team?

By all means, talk up the TEAM. If you have reason to spout off, then you're confident. If you don't, then you're just a loudmouth jackass being cocky. VY including himself in that "Dream Team" analogy was just cocky. Even Babin has more reason to be tweeting than VY. If VY would have deferred praise to his teammates and said something like he was just happy to be part of a dream team, then that would have looked like a sign of maturity. As usual, he's too stupid to even fake it.

infantrycak
08-01-2011, 09:59 AM
How about DMC, Jenkins, and Donald Lee the TE? I am sure they are not done yet but that trade for DMC was great for them.

DMC is hype rather than performance, Jenkins may have a good game or two but is essentially done and Donald Lee would be our 4th string TE. I'm not knocking the Eagles overall and they will be a good team but these moves smack of desperation to me. And I would bet against Vick having as good a season as last year.

gary
08-01-2011, 10:05 AM
DMC is hype rather than performance, Jenkins may have a good game or two but is essentially done and Donald Lee would be our 4th string TE. I'm not knocking the Eagles overall and they will be a good team but these moves smack of desperation to me. And I would bet against Vick having as good a season as last year.I guess time will tell us everything we need to know if they have done enough to win. It is about how well all of them gel together on the field.

Texan_Bill
08-01-2011, 10:13 AM
"6"....'Nuff said.

nero THE zero
08-01-2011, 10:14 AM
DMC is hype rather than performance, Jenkins may have a good game or two but is essentially done and Donald Lee would be our 4th string TE. I'm not knocking the Eagles overall and they will be a good team but these moves smack of desperation to me. And I would bet against Vick having as good a season as last year.

I disagree about Jenkins but do agree that it is tough to see this Philly team putting it together. If they do it would be talent trumping intangibles, which rarely happens.

I especially agree about Vick and, despite all of the talent signed on defense, there are still questions (i.e. DRC underachieving, Jenkins' injuries, Babin as a one year wonder, etc.) and they have an OL coach running their defense.

Dutchrudder
08-01-2011, 10:24 AM
I disagree about Jenkins but do agree that it is tough to see this Philly team putting it together. If they do it would be talent trumping intangibles, which rarely happens.

I especially agree about Vick and, despite all of the talent signed on defense, there are still questions (i.e. DRC underachieving, Jenkins' injuries, Babin as a one year wonder, etc.) and they have an OL coach running their defense.

All this considered, and I think we have the beginnings of the most over-hyped epic fail to ensue this year. If they go 8-8 or less, I will laugh my ass off.

DexmanC
08-01-2011, 11:10 AM
By all means, talk up the TEAM. If you have reason to spout off, then you're confident. If you don't, then you're just a loudmouth jackass being cocky. VY including himself in that "Dream Team" analogy was just cocky. Even Babin has more reason to be tweeting than VY. If VY would have deferred praise to his teammates and said something like he was just happy to be part of a dream team, then that would have looked like a sign of maturity. As usual, he's too stupid to even fake it.

Meh. That seems to be an overreaction, from what I saw.
When I went NFL.com, and watched question-and-answer session,
the "dream team" assertion seemed just fine. He was asked an opinion
on what he thought of HIS team's offseason moves. The look on his
face, and the tone of Vince's voice seemed more like jubilation than
arrogance.

It reminds me of the negative press Michael Jordan got after his
Hall of Fame induction speech. When I went to NBA.com, and watched
the whole thing, I saw a man getting a lot of things off his chest. Mike
was speaking from the heart, and when it was over, the media label him
as an arrogant prick. I'd advise everyone to see for themselves, instead
of running with popular talking points.

The words a lot of people are using against Vince Young seem blown
way out of proportion. I think the kid a do well with Andy Reed's
coaching. Mcnabb and Vick have similar skill sets, and Young is
just as talented. It's a win/win for everybody.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/09000d5d8211b9ed/Eagles-Dream-team

beerlover
08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Vince Young, IS a dream :bubble:

Yankee_In_TX
08-01-2011, 11:42 AM
I also think Philly fans are going to be better towards him than others do.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_DunQwAVCd-bj1yN2SUHeOCx4FKPmZhRUQrbLA_5OKFKQVgsc

(minimum characters)

Playoffs
08-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Vince Young, IS a dream :bubble:
Bayless thinks VY is a dreamboat.

PapaL
08-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Any time there are 89 other sweaty and half dressed guys running is a dream team for Vince Young.

DBCooper
08-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Other than Aso, why? Whoohoo a backup QB and a guy we dumped and everyone agreed was a bust (in addition to being an a-hole).

Lol, you kill me, cak!

Dan B.
08-01-2011, 12:23 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_DunQwAVCd-bj1yN2SUHeOCx4FKPmZhRUQrbLA_5OKFKQVgsc

(minimum characters)

Other fans overplay the "crazy Philly Phan" angle. They've embraced some pretty unsavory dudes in that city, like Vick, Owens, and Iverson. I know they booed Irvin, but he was wearing a Dallas jersey. I don't see them throwing their own players under the bus that much myself.

Dread-Head
08-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Vince is the backup to the "Atomic Dog?" Good for him.

Hookem Horns
08-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Hookem, I think it's time to change your signature... at least for now :). also your new avatar is sickening .

Yes, I have been too busy to change all of that. Actually I have had the RM avatar up for months since the NFL season ended.

BTW, I am back in Madrid now however just spent the last 3 weeks in Barcelona with some friends we have there. RM are not the crybabies strangely obsessed with stealing your team captain. I would be hatin' that team a little more. :)

As for VY, I just want to see him have a chance to tear up the Cowboys. It will serve all those Cowboy fans right that jumped on the Titans bandwagon. I wanna see if they also jump on the Eagles bandwagon.

Texecutioner
08-01-2011, 12:50 PM
arrogance.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/09000d5d8211b9ed/Eagles-Dream-team

Agree with everything here Dex. Good post.

BullNation4Life
08-01-2011, 01:13 PM

he is a quitter who once owned the keys to the Ferrari and now in the back of the bus. He will ride the coat tails of those who actually have the mental capacity to perform on a week to week basis.

If the Eagles succeed, Vince Young will have nothing to do with that success...

and this is from a VY supporter and Texas fan...

BullNation4Life
08-01-2011, 01:16 PM

I am still waiting on Babin's 4 game ban for "Over training syndrome"

it's coming, just wait....

Yankee_In_TX
08-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Other fans overplay the "crazy Philly Phan" angle. They've embraced some pretty unsavory dudes in that city, like Vick, Owens, and Iverson. I know they booed Irvin, but he was wearing a Dallas jersey. I don't see them throwing their own players under the bus that much myself.

As long as you win. The second VY does something stupid, how will he handling the booing? It'll make the booing in Tenn feel like cheers :)

Playoffs
08-01-2011, 02:18 PM
...If the Eagles succeed, Vince Young will have nothing to do with that success...
I think Eagles will do well & VY will be called on for a game or 3 and will do okay. Pretty strong supporting cast.

This from a former VY supporter who thinks he's turned into a jerk.

DexmanC
08-01-2011, 04:11 PM
As long as you win. The second VY does something stupid, how will he handling the booing? It'll make the booing in Tenn feel like cheers :)

I wouldn't compare those hicks in Tennessee to those great fans in Philly.

The whole world thought Vick would be booed when he returned, but
Philly welcomed him with open arms. I think Vince will do quite well up
there.

GP
08-01-2011, 04:28 PM

I rep'd you. You gained 73 points. Not sure why his neg rep points are more than mine.

Dutchrudder
08-01-2011, 04:29 PM
I rep'd you. You gained 73 points. Not sure why his neg rep points are more than mine.

7300 points actually. The numbers are weird in how the system displays rep.

GP
08-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Vince Young is the ultimate UT Homer Fan barometer. If a guy stands his ground on here and tries to douse all the fires in these threads, then he is just a UT Homer Fan.

I liked the Leach-led Red Raiders but even I can't find myself making excuses for why several of his QBs and WRs just don't produce in the NFL.

Vince Young winning the NCAA championship was the best thing for Longhorn fans, and the worst thing for NFL fans. Because now we have a situation whereby certain UT fans can't separate their love for UT and the reality of the NFL life he's crapped away...all on his own, unassisted, 100%.

And for him to act like he has somehow been blessed by God to be on the Dream Team (as if he's a REAL part of that, by the way) it's just comical. It shows he IS a narcissist as I think maybe CND had proposed in the past. All that little kitty cat (Vince) sees when he looks in the mirror is a lion.

Dude is hilarious. It's like a perpetual tragic comedy.

Vince Young is like that dooshbagg bench warmer (the tall white dude) for the Jordan-era Bulls who would stand at the end of the bench and mean-mug the opponent and wave his towel, scream and jump up and down, and then run in and get his 1 minute of garbage time. He had nothing to do with that team's success other than to cheerlead and absorb the glory that oozed out of the other guys. That's where VY is headed. It's like Graham Harrell getting a SB ring with the Packers. BFD.

Double Barrel
08-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm pretty ambivalent about VY now. I'm not a UT fan, and since he's no longer a Titan and not in our division, I just don't care.

Heck, the fact that he's playing for a Cowboys rival makes me lean toward rooting for the guy. I'd love to see him start against Dallas and do to them what he seemed to always do to the Texans.

And I think the term "dream team" has different connotations for basketball than it does for football, IMO.

imatexan
08-01-2011, 05:06 PM
arrogance.

Michael Jordan has every right to be arrogant if he wanted, VY has none because he has not won a championship...or 6.

He has proven a failure up until this point and a head case, comparing him to Jordan in any way baffles me.

Dutchrudder
08-01-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm pretty ambivalent about VY now. I'm not a UT fan, and since he's no longer a Titan and not in our division, I just don't care.

Heck, the fact that he's playing for a Cowboys rival makes me lean toward rooting for the guy. I'd love to see him start against Dallas and do to them what he seemed to always do to the Texans.

And I think the term "dream team" has different connotations for basketball than it does for football, IMO.

I haven't heard the term used to describe anything other than the US Olympic Basketball team and the team that Michael Scott assembles in The Office when he starts his own paper company. I think I know which one of those is most like the Eagles this year.

Honoring Earl 34
08-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Vince Young is the ultimate UT Homer Fan barometer. If a guy stands his ground on here and tries to douse all the fires in these threads, then he is just a UT Homer Fan.

I liked the Leach-led Red Raiders but even I can't find myself making excuses for why several of his QBs and WRs just don't produce in the NFL.

Vince Young winning the NCAA championship was the best thing for Longhorn fans, and the worst thing for NFL fans. Because now we have a situation whereby certain UT fans can't separate their love for UT and the reality of the NFL life he's crapped away...all on his own, unassisted, 100%.

And for him to act like he has somehow been blessed by God to be on the Dream Team (as if he's a REAL part of that, by the way) it's just comical. It shows he IS a narcissist as I think maybe CND had proposed in the past. All that little kitty cat (Vince) sees when he looks in the mirror is a lion.

Dude is hilarious. It's like a perpetual tragic comedy.

Vince Young is like that dooshbagg bench warmer (the tall white dude) for the Jordan-era Bulls who would stand at the end of the bench and mean-mug the opponent and wave his towel, scream and jump up and down, and then run in and get his 1 minute of garbage time. He had nothing to do with that team's success other than to cheerlead and absorb the glory that oozed out of the other guys. That's where VY is headed. It's like Graham Harrell getting a SB ring with the Packers. BFD.

My question would be , did Jacksonville fans act this way when they didn't take Tebow ? I'm thinking not and Tebow had a better college career .

Texecutioner
08-01-2011, 05:45 PM
My question would be , did Jacksonville fans act this way when they didn't take Tebow ? I'm thinking not and Tebow had a better college career .

You can't compare their college careers when Tebow played an extra season. VY won by his 3rd season and his draft status was high to the point that he didn't had nothing left to prove in college and would have been dumb to stay.

The Pencil Neck
08-01-2011, 05:48 PM
You can't compare their college careers when Tebow played an extra season. VY won by his 3rd season and his draft status was high to the point that he didn't had nothing left to prove in college and would have been dumb to stay.

Which makes it very odd that he didn't.

:jk:

Honoring Earl 34
08-01-2011, 07:38 PM

Umm ... Tebow's team won the national championship in 07 and 09 . Tebow won the Heisman in 07 .

VY td pass 44 .... tds run 37 .

Tebow tds pass 88 ... tds run 57 .

VY wouldn't have caught him in two more years .

HoustonFrog
08-01-2011, 08:06 PM
I love it already..

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/josh_ellis.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userid=8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090&plckPostId=Blog%3a8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090Post%3ae8909fec-a198-4dfd-9be8-7502041c088a&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

It was new Philadelphia backup quarterback Vince Young who over the weekend called the Eagles a "dream team," the kind of bulletin board fodder any division rival would be happy to have.

Well, Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, never one to hold his tongue, has heard about the talent Philadelphia has assembled as well, but apparently isn't impressed.

The Eagles may have Young, Nnamdi Asomugh, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Cullen Jenkins, but Ryan's still confident despite the Cowboys' free agent class being far more under-the-radar. So far, the only guys added to Ryan's defense have been defensive ends Marcus Spears, Kenyon Coleman and Jason Hatcher, who will begin practicing with the team later this week.

"I've got three bullies over there waiting for Thursday," Rob Ryan said. "These are proven players, and that's what we need. I don't know if we win the all-hype team, I think that might have gone to somebody else, but we're going to beat their ass when we play them."

The Eagles, surely, will note Ryan's comments. They should also probably clear more room on that bulletin board, because this won't be the last thing he has to say

GP
08-01-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm so conflicted. I don't know who to root for.

I respect the hell out of the Ryan family. So for Rob to come out and put them on full blast like this? Well, I'm swinging over to the side of the Lone Star.

If there was any doubt that the Eagles-Cowboys games would be rich with drama this season...all doubt has been erased.

Going to be some GOOD action when these two teams meet up.

Honoring Earl 34
08-01-2011, 09:22 PM

I respect the hell out of the Ryan family. So for Rob to come out and put them on full blast like this? Well, I'm swinging over to the side of the Lone Star.

If there was any doubt that the Eagles-Cowboys games would be rich with drama this season...all doubt has been erased.

Going to be some GOOD action when these two teams meet up.

Just need VY to play.

DocBar
08-01-2011, 10:09 PM
What's wrong with him talking up his new team?Are you serious? He's lucky to have a team at all, much less a new one. VY needs to be in the background and try to impress the coaching staff with on field feats.

DocBar
08-01-2011, 10:11 PM

Going to be some GOOD action when these two teams meet up.Rob Ryan is just another loud mouth Ryan. The biggest difference is that ob has to wear striped shirts so we can tell if he's walking or rolling. Talk about a round mound of...oh yeah....family oriented and all.

b0ng
08-01-2011, 11:15 PM

The obvious answer is to root for simultaneous meteors to hit both Philly and Dallas.

GP
08-02-2011, 01:33 AM
The obvious answer is to root for simultaneous meteors to hit both Philly and Dallas.

Had a literal LOL right there. Still conflicted, though.

While I want Dallas to lose, it therefore means the Eagles have to do really well in order to beat them. BUT this means enduring VY and his stoopid remarks each week if the Eagles get on a roll and start winning.

On one hand, it would be great if somehow VY played vs. Cowboys and beat them badly. BUT I'd need him to regress in the next game and stink up the joint so badly that he pulls a hand grenade on Andy Reid. On TV.

Since there seems to be no way I can have all of that happen, maybe the best bet is to root for the Cowboys (since Vick will likely be the QB). The Cowboys won't go anywhere anyways, so I think I can root for them two times-per-year.

I dunno. Now I feel dirty for saying I will root for the Cowboys. Dammit.

drs23
08-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Every chance I get. Hurling pads into the stands? Pouting like a crybaby? Sausage and tequila parties sporting the panther fist pump? Gimme a break.

And I left a few out. The guy is a sausage case/moron.

Best wishes to him. :clown:

WARNING: A non-VY jock sniffing/hugging post such as the one cited will earn you a negative rep from SteveSlaton20 along with the advise to "f-ck off".

You have been warned.

Hardcore Texan
08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
WARNING: A non-VY jock sniffing/hugging post such as the one cited will earn you a negative rep from SteveSlaton20 along with the advise to "f-ck off".

You have been warned.

He got you too I see, and didn't even have the originality to mix up his comments. I repped you to make up for it.

DexmanC
08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Michael Jordan has every right to be arrogant if he wanted, VY has none because he has not won a championship...or 6.

He has proven a failure up until this point and a head case, comparing him to Jordan in any way baffles me.

I posted the video, because it's obvious VY was NOT being arrogant, and
NEITHER was Mike. Yet, the media TWISTED these men into being
VILLAINS. I'm sick of this shit, 'cause they do it all the time. Just look
at Lebron, or Artest, or Muhammad Ali, or Mike Vick, and on and on.

Texecutioner
08-02-2011, 10:52 AM

Vick wasn't a villain?? Wake up. He slaughtered over 50 dogs and tortured them out of his own pleasure through gambling and dog fighting.

Lebron caused fans and the media to dislike him all on his own for years. I don't know if I'd call him a villain, but he did enough to get criticized.

Artest ran up in the stands and caused a riot.

Texecutioner
08-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Umm ... Tebow's team won the national championship in 07 and 09 . Tebow won the Heisman in 07 .

VY td pass 44 .... tds run 37 .

Tebow tds pass 88 ... tds run 57 .

VY wouldn't have caught him in two more years .

Tebow was nothing but a role player on that first championship team, so I don't even know why you're trying to mention that. He wasn't even the starter. He won one Championship his Junior season the same as Vince did at UT. They both led their teams in great fascion and led their teams to championships as Juniors. THe only difference was that Vince had high draft value after that season and Tebow didn't so Tebow stayed an extra season.

Hardcore Texan
08-02-2011, 10:57 AM

I am not sure I am following you. Villains?

Lebron: Was full of himself with "the decision", that's not a villian that's vanity.

Artest: Went into the stands and punched a fan, come on now. He reaped what he had sown on that deal. Glad to see he has turned things around though, I think he grew a lot from that experience.

Vick: killed dogs, that's pretty sick shit right there, he earned what he got. That said, I believe in second chances. He paid his debt, did his time and that's in the past. I am glad he has turned things around they way he has, I love a good comeback. He has shown a lot character to persevere through the adversity. But he did bring that adversity on himself.

Ali: I have no idea what happened in regards to Ali. I haven't read up on it nor was I around at the time.

And VY wan't villified by the media. Reporting news that reveals he's immature is what it is.

Honoring Earl 34
08-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Tebow was nothing but a role player on that first championship team, so I don't even know why you're trying to mention that. He wasn't even the starter. He won one Championship his Junior season the same as Vince did at UT. They both led their teams in great fascion and led their teams to championships as Juniors. THe only difference was that Vince had high draft value after that season and Tebow didn't so Tebow stayed an extra season.

Do you think the gator nation squealed whenJ acksonville passed on him ?

Texan_Bill
08-02-2011, 11:04 AM
MJ - arrogant, but he backed up. I've got no problem with his arrogance because his arrogance equated to an unnatural obsession with winning and being the best.

LeBron - arrogant POS. Fine if you want to move onto Miami. Just don't be a dick about and do it in the most arrogant of fashion ever.

Artest - is just flat-out certifiable, but I like me some CrazyRon. Some people are just characters and Ron-Ron is one.

Ali - (See MJ but with a great sense of humor)

Vick - Convicted felon who did some of the most insane, unimaginable shit to dogs ever. Some people won't forgive and I understand that. That said, he did his time for his crime(s) and I beleive in second chances, (however he has a very short leash (no pun intended) as far as I'm concerned).

VY - Too dumb to be arrogant.

Texecutioner
08-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Do you think the gator nation squealed whenJ acksonville passed on him ?

No, and I've never understood the over the top hatred here either. I agreed with you on that point.

DexmanC
08-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Vick wasn't a villain?? Wake up. He slaughtered over 50 dogs and tortured them out of his own pleasure through gambling and dog fighting.
Didn't a woman kill her baby, feed her to the swamp, get acquitted, and
a million dollar book deal? Is she being vilified HALF as much as Vick was? Is
she the subject of a bazillion PSA's on every channel you turn to?
Puhleeeezze!!

Lebron caused fans and the media to dislike him all on his own for years. I don't know if I'd call him a villain, but he did enough to get criticized.

Isn't he the ONLY reason the Cavs were competitive AT ALL? He gave
that town everything he had, and they burned his jerseys on world-wide
television. That image was symbolic of things much worse than Lebron
could have ever dreamed of. Again. Puhleeeeze!

Artest ran up in the stands and caused a riot.

Interesting. The Bruins were NOT vilified when they did THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSZbZ0Z4zcM)!
Again, for the third time..... Sing it with me now...
PUHLEEEEEEZE

I could have also mentioned Tiger Woods, but you get the point.

Texecutioner
08-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Puhleeeezze!!

What the **** does Casey Anthony have to do with Vick?? He killed dogs. He had them raped and tortured certain ones as bait dogs just to get scarred up and battered mentally. You may look at animals as nothing, but that's really really sad. And to say that Casey Anthony hasn't been villafied either makes you unintelligent or insane when she was plastered all over the news for months and had people all over the country wanting her to die. People didn't want Vick to die. They just wanted him to serve time. And now he got a key to the city of Dallas and has been put back on a pedastool and has all kinds of endorsements again. Stop trying to bring up other cases to dismiss what one person did. It doesn't change the fact that he tortured animals and how disgusting it was.

I agree that Cavs fans acted like a bunch of whiney babies and should have been more thankful, but Lebron made his own bed Nationally and caused people to dislike him. I do think it was over the top and exaggerated though.

Interesting. The Bruins were NOT vilified when they did THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSZbZ0Z4zcM)!
PUHLEEEEEEZE

I don't know what the Bruins did and I don't follow hockey. It doesn't matter though. We're not talking about them, and stop skirting the issue by bringing up other stuff. We all saw Artest run into the stands and attack people. It was wrong and it was stupid. He got villafied, because he caused violence and a family function NBA game. Image wise he made a nice come back though and many fans including myself have embraced him, so what are you talking about? He just won an award from the NBA for being a great dude that did nice things for communities. Your complaints here are completely off base.

infantrycak
08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Puhleeeezze!!

Puhleeeze yourself. Stupid comparison. One person was found not guilty by a jury and one admitted guilt to multiple charges. One was the highest paid player in the NFL and one was someone totally unknown before her alleged crime.

The Pencil Neck
08-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Puhleeeze yourself. Stupid comparison. One person was found not guilty by a jury and one admitted guilt to multiple charges. One was the highest paid player in the NFL and one was someone totally unknown before her alleged crime.

And one is now a star with endorsement deals and the other one can't return to her home and had to be let back loose into the wild in an undisclosed location under threat of physical harm.

Casey Anthony is one of the most vilified people in the US.

GP
08-02-2011, 12:30 PM
He got you too I see, and didn't even have the originality to mix up his comments. I repped you to make up for it.

Yeah, I got him up from 1995 to 2068 just now.

SteveSlaton20, you need to get your shit together and quit that crap. If you disagree with someone, don't be a ***** by neg repping people for it. Win the debate, or walk away gracefully if you're not winning it, but don't puss out and hit people with neg rep.

Neg rep is for situations like THIS where you're not being a good message board citizen. Do you understand what I am saying? And if you neg rep ME, four others will come and boost me. Get on board, broseph.

I'd be neg repping you again if the system let me.

DexmanC
08-02-2011, 12:32 PM
And one is now a star with endorsement deals and the other one can't return to her home and had to be let back loose into the wild in an undisclosed location under threat of physical harm.

I'll believe that, when I see PSA's of Sarah McLaughlin kissin' babies
during my football games. And people didn't stop until they took
all of O.J.Simpson's money and put him behind bars for life.

Casey Anthony just got RICHER for the same damned crime.

The Pencil Neck
08-02-2011, 12:37 PM

RICHER doesn't mean she isn't vilified.

Casey Anthony is despised across the US. A lot of people want her dead.

gary
08-02-2011, 12:39 PM

Casey Anthony just got RICHER for the same damned crime.You are right and it is because she is pal freaking White see there you win.

Texecutioner
08-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Sticking up for OJ now?? What the hell does any of this have to do with the fact that these people you're defending still committed crimes? Whether you want to brainwash yourself into thinking that Casey Anthony wasn't villafied or that she is some American hero doesn't change the fact that the people you're defending (OJ, Vick) still committed horrible crimes involving torture and murder. This is obviously a race thing with you as usual and you're twisting things completely around trying to paint the guilty black people as victims and the guilty white people as if they've been portrayed as heroes. You're not trying to even look at anything with facts or with rationality. You just see the race of the people involved and form distorted beliefs.

Double Barrel
08-02-2011, 12:42 PM

Without a doubt. Even her family has gone into hiding because of death threats (http://www.google.com/search?q=Casey+Anthony+threats&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=).

Texan_Bill
08-02-2011, 12:45 PM
A closer comparison would be Casey Anthony and Orenthal James Simpson. Casey was aquitted but many people believe she's guilty as hell. Poor prosecution. Orental James is similar; many believe he is guilty of turning two people into Pez Dispensers. He too was acquitted. Again, poor prosecution.

Hate for Orenthal James = Hate for Casey Anthony.

As Cak said above, Vick admitted to the allegations against him. He was also a prime time Douche before all of the dog stuff even came out.

DexmanC
08-02-2011, 12:48 PM
You are right and it is because she is pal freaking White see there you win.

I never said ANYTHING about her race.:wadepalm:

DexmanC
08-02-2011, 12:50 PM
Sticking up for OJ now?? What the hell does any of this have to do with the fact that these people you're defending still committed crimes? Whether you want to brainwash yourself into thinking that Casey Anthony wasn't villafied or that she is some American hero doesn't change the fact that the people you're defending (OJ, Vick) still committed horrible crimes involving torture and murder. This is obviously a race thing with you as usual and you're twisting things completely around trying to paint the guilty black people as victims and the guilty white people as if they've been portrayed as heroes. You're not trying to even look at anything with facts or with rationality. You just see the race of the people involved and form distorted beliefs.

I ain't defending O.J. I'm just pointing out the inconsistency in the so-called
justice and public opinion game. It's the inconsistency I have a problem with,
I ain't defending O.J. 8 out of 10 "most hated" athletes have the shall-not-be-
named- in common.

El Tejano
08-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Well, I just hope Fox plays Eagles games over Cowboy games like they did us.

gary
08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
I never said ANYTHING about her race.:wadepalm:No, but that seems to be what you're getting at though.

Texecutioner
08-02-2011, 01:03 PM
I ain't defending O.J. I'm just pointing out the inconsistency in the so-called
justice and public opinion game. It's the inconsistency I have a problem with,

There is no inconsistency. Casey Anthony is villafied beyond belief. She is at an undisclosed location due to fear of her life. OJ Simpson had an entire country of Black Americans cheering and celebrating because he got off for murder just because of his race. If anything the only inconsistency was that OJ had so many fans and followers wanting him to get off and Casey Anthony didn't. And how do you even compare the two when OJ was set free and went on for like another 12 or 13 years of freedom and may have lived in shame, but he was free? Casey Anthony just got off a few weeks ago. You have no idea what society will do to her in the next few years or even in the next few weeks. She just got set free!! You're also comparing two eras of history where the media exposure was completely different. This comparison is as baseless as it gets.

I ain't defending O.J. 8 out of 10 "most hated" athletes have the shall-not-be-
named- in common.

Signed Favre, Clemens, Casey Anthony, John Rocker, Tonya Harding, and etc.

You're unbelievable. :wadepalm:

gary
08-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Signed Favre, Clemens, Casey Anthony, John Rocker, Tonya Harding, and etc.

You're unbelievable. :wadepalm:Jessica Tata.

DexmanC
08-02-2011, 01:12 PM
. OJ Simpson had an entire country of Black Americans cheering and celebrating because he got off for murder just because of his race.

They were not cheering O.J. They were glad it white people got to feel,
just once, what Black Americans feel ALL THE TIME. Young Black males
get killed by Whites in the streets, Black females get raped by White males,
the criminal justice system either lets them off, or gives them a tap on
the wrist.

They weren't cheering O.J. They were glad the justice system worked ONCE
for somebody not white. Unfortunately, it was the ONLY time such a thing
happened in favor of non-whites. Oscar Grant gets gunned down on
camera in a crowded subway, the officer gets 9 months in prison.

One white guy in Norway kills over 70 people, yet when they capture him,
they humanize him. They don't label ALL the people of his race as terrorists.
Yet, we ALL know what would've happened had a non-white done the same.
Oh, yeah. It DID happen. The event is commemorated as "9/11," and this
country spent billions of dollars bombing the shit out of a non-white country
to get its revenge.

Are the bombs getting lubed up for a white country? Nah.

C'mon man. Don't be mad at a brotha for callin' it like he sees it.

Texan_Bill
08-02-2011, 01:14 PM
A closer comparison would be Casey Anthony and Orenthal James Simpson. Casey was aquitted but many people believe she's guilty as hell. Poor prosecution. Orental James is similar; many believe he is guilty of turning two people into Pez Dispensers. He too was acquitted. Again, poor prosecution.

Hate for Orenthal James = Hate for Casey Anthony.

As Cak said above, Vick admitted to the allegations against him. He was also a prime time Douche before all of the dog stuff even came out.

Damn, I thought someone would've bitten on the Pez Dispenser reference.

DexmanC
08-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Jessica Tata.

She got a book deal? Nope. Nigeria handed her back to the U.S.,
knowing that if they'd have protected her, they'd have been BOMBED.
Non-white countries know not to mess around. They don't get the respect
white countries do. America would've bombed a country of over 400 million
people just to kill ONE Black woman.

Ya'll know I ain't lyin'

Section516
08-02-2011, 01:17 PM
After reading only part of the last page, I have to wonder how a VY thread got turned into a OJ white v black thread..I thought i ventured into the NSZ forum

Playoffs
08-02-2011, 01:22 PM
After reading only part of the last page, I have to wonder how a VY thread got turned into a OJ white v black thread..I thought i ventured into the NSZ forum

No shyte ... cleanup on aisle 6, please.

The Pencil Neck
08-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Ya'll know I ain't lyin'

I'm in Dallas. I don't even know who this woman is.

And we've never thought you were lying. We just think you're wrong, misguided, and confused. And possibly a paranoid schizophrenic.

infantrycak
08-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Ya'll know I ain't lyin'

For the love of whatever you find holy would you please learn to spell y'all correctly. The f#$king apostrophe does not go in the middle of the word which is not being abbreviated. Carry on with your racist BS other than that.

gary
08-02-2011, 01:27 PM

Ya'll know I ain't lyin'My point is not that she got a book deal but just stop with the race this and race that stuff it's old. And how do you know she won't be offered a deal once she has her day in court?

Texecutioner
08-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Young Black males
the wrist.

I'd still like to see you provide some yearly statistics in the last 25 years that suggest this is as high as you say it is and that it's consistent every year. Are you going to do that, or are you going to just write things without having any idea whether they're true or not?

Texan_Bill
08-02-2011, 01:35 PM

Ya'll know I ain't lyin'

And?? She'll lose any proceeds in all of the other litigation she's in or about to be in. I.E. EquiSearch.

BTW, Orenthal James had a book deal in place with the ilconceived title "If I Did It?" Ring a bell??

Release of the book was canceled due to the Civil Case that Orenthal James lost.

DBCooper
08-02-2011, 01:48 PM
For the love of whatever you find holy would you please learn to spell y'all correctly. The f#$king apostrophe does not go in the middle of the word which is not being abbreviated. Carry on with your racist BS other than that.

I like the ya'll spelling over y'all, it's got a hipster hillbilly vibe to it.

HOU-TEX
08-02-2011, 01:49 PM
lol...go vince!

gary
08-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Casey Anthony is currently being sued by two people at least and there might be even more so her new income will more than likely go towards that.

kingh99
08-02-2011, 01:53 PM
More like Sanford and Son and we know which one is Dummy.

DexmanC
08-02-2011, 02:06 PM
I like the ya'll spelling over y'all, it's got a hipster hillbilly vibe to it.

I'm not submittin' a term paper. You know what I'm saying, quit red-inkin'
my syntax.

DexmanC
08-02-2011, 02:07 PM
Casey Anthony is currently being sued by two people at least and there might be even more so her new income will more than likely go towards that.

If she's being sued in state court, all she has to do is move out of Florida.
If it's a federal case, then she's screwed.

Dan B.
08-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Puhleeeezze!!

PUHLEEEEEEZE

I could have also mentioned Tiger Woods, but you get the point.

You're going to get a lot of crap for those comparisons. I'd stick to football ones.

Why is it that Ben Rothlesberger has a job after raping two women? Why do we Houstonians stick up for Warren Moon's wife beating ass, and why does he have a radio show? Why aren't these guys villains? Why is Vince complimenting his new teammates a sign of immaturity exactly?

Ya'll (just kidding cak) are making Mount Everest out of an anthill. These comments were nothing.

infantrycak
08-02-2011, 02:53 PM
If she's being sued in state court, all she has to do is move out of Florida.
If it's a federal case, then she's screwed.

Damn you are ig'nt. You don't get to just walk away from a state court judgment. Try looking up full faith and credit clause.

Texecutioner
08-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Damn you are ig'nt. You don't get to just walk away from a state court judgment. Try looking up full faith and credit clause.

What are you talking about Cak!!???

If you're charged or being held liable by the state, you just move away and it disappears!! :spit:

Texan_Bill
08-02-2011, 03:01 PM
What are you talking about Cak!!???

If you're charged or being held liable by the state, you just move away and it disappears!! :spit:

Signed,

Anna Nicole Smith

gary
08-02-2011, 03:03 PM
A case just does not go a way if a person moves.

gary
08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Here is how it works in reality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Faith_and_Credit_Clause

DBCooper
08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Here is how it works in reality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_Faith_and_Credit_Clause

You should go to law school, Gary

gary
08-02-2011, 03:20 PM
You should go to law school, GaryI am actually thinking about a sports attorney in my future but that would be down the line.

DBCooper
08-02-2011, 03:29 PM
I am actually thinking about a sports attorney in my future but that would be down the line.

Get it in 10 years and get in on the next CBA!

Gotta be some money in that racket.

gary
08-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Get it in 10 years and get in on the next CBA!

Gotta be some money in that racket.You might just see me involved in the next CBA talks. I figured since I can't play a sport like I would have done for sure then I'll do something related to sports.

Texecutioner
08-02-2011, 03:44 PM
Young Black males
the wrist.

I'd still like to see you provide some yearly statistics in the last 25 years that suggest this is as high as you say it is and that it's consistent every year. Are you going to do that, or are you going to just write things without having any idea whether they're true or not?

Honoring Earl 34
08-02-2011, 04:12 PM

On BET's American Gangster series I remember seeing White Blood's cells .

Texan_Bill
08-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Although there was a huge coup to derail this thread, I will attempt to get it back on track... Vince is dumb!!! :hobie:

BigBull17
08-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Although there was a huge coup to derail this thread, I will attempt to get it back on track... Vince is dumb!!! :hobie:

I hate that VY still takes air time on our talk radio. He failed, plain and simple. We made the correct pick and they need to get over it. He needs to mature, alot, to be successful. Dropping comments like this is just unnecessary. Doesn't need to happen. Philly better hope Vick doesn't get hurt. And Vince better toughin up if he thought the yokles in Cousin-**** USA were bad. Worst thing he did was buy into his own hype. It has stunted him and may be the thing that derails his chance at a career.

Texan_Bill
08-02-2011, 08:14 PM
I hate that VY still takes air time on our talk radio. He failed, plain and simple. We made the correct pick and they need to get over it. He needs to mature, alot, to be successful. Dropping comments like this is just unnecessary. Doesn't need to happen. Philly better hope Vick doesn't get hurt. And Vince better toughin up if he thought the yokles in Cousin-**** USA were bad. Worst thing he did was buy into his own hype. It has stunted him and may be the thing that derails his chance at a career.

It's not a question of maturity with VY :hobie: , its a question of intelligence. He did after all assume a relationship with Steve McNairs kids. He's done other good things on the maturity tip.... He's just too dumb (See his Wonderlic score) to realize he says stupid or in his case stoooopid ass comments....

Easy ShaggyBevo people, y'all too are starting to realize the obvious!!

b0ng
08-03-2011, 09:21 AM
Goddamn you guys trainwrecked this thread.

The Pencil Neck
08-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Goddamn you guys trainwrecked this thread.

Sorry. We'll try to trainwreck the next one better.

Honoring Earl 34
08-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Sorry. We'll try to trainwreck the next one better.

This thread was brought to you by " The Fugitive " .

cdollaz
08-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Vince Young is like that dooshbagg bench warmer (the tall white dude) for the Jordan-era Bulls who would stand at the end of the bench and mean-mug the opponent and wave his towel, scream and jump up and down.

Jack Haley. He and Mark Madsen were the 2 names I thought of when I heard VY's statement.

Also, is someone really comparing Vick with Casee Anthony. She is the most hated person in America. Hate for her is many times greater than it was for Vick. Maybe the reason you haven't seen commercials about her during football games is that SHE DOESN'T PLAY FOOTBALL. There is also the little-known fact that a football game hasn't been played since the verdict came down in her case. To compare the two really just shows a lack of intelligence.

And, the whites killing blacks BS is stupid, and played. Seems like pretty much every time I hear that a black male has been killed, it has been committed by another black male.

Dutchrudder
08-03-2011, 12:22 PM
If anyone's bored, here's a fun read for the VY fanboys and haters alike! Lot's of nice stats and cherrypicks, but a rather hostile environment to discuss anything negative about VY.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/94079-Give-me-some-VY-stats-facts-for-his-detractors

Dan B.
08-03-2011, 01:00 PM
It's not a question of maturity with VY :hobie: , its a question of intelligence. He did after all assume a relationship with Steve McNairs kids. He's done other good things on the maturity tip.... He's just too dumb (See his Wonderlic score) to realize he says stupid or in his case stoooopid ass comments....

Easy ShaggyBevo people, y'all too are starting to realize the obvious!!

That's what's so funny about the Vince thing. My UT friends think I'm a Vince hater and a Texan homer because I don't think Vince could jump right in and start for the Patriots over Brady. I made the same argument with them I'm making here -- that Vince needs to grow up and there's no better place in the NFL to do so than Philadelphia. It's odd that when I say that here I'm a VY lover but when I say it there I hate him. I think it says more about other posters on each site than it does about me.

Marcus
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Well apparently, Andy Reid didn't care very much for Vince Young's dream team talk.

Link (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/08/andy-reid-throws-water-on-dream-team-flames/1)

Said Reid:

"I've heard you guys comment about dream teams and all that stuff, and players come in talking about it, and all of that, but these guys haven't had an opportunity to practice. So right now we've got a lot of good-looking guys standing around watching. Obviously, dreams aren't reality. The reality will come when I can get my hands on them and get them into practice and we start grinding here like the other guys are grinding — that's reality. If you're dreaming in this league you end up in about the third row with a concussion."

Nice first impression you made on your new coach there, dumbass!:loser

Playoffs
08-03-2011, 01:40 PM
We are the world...
We are the Dream Team!
We are the best, so just skip the games
Give us our bling rings!

Eagles trying to run from Dream Team -- sorry, it's sticking.

chicagotexan2
08-03-2011, 01:52 PM
We are the world...
We are the Dream Team!
We are the best, so just skip the games
Give us our bling rings!

Eagles trying to run from Dream Team -- sorry, it's sticking.

there's a test im takin
it's called tha wonderlichs
i eat boogers on the sidelines and scored a 6
We are the world.........
We are the dream team
my sausage tastes gooder on fresh sunbeam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8UZCrO8gqU

StarStruck
08-03-2011, 05:58 PM
I think Vince is still maturing and hope he gets it together while still in the league. Truth be told, I was very disappointed when McNabb left the Eagles because those last two games he played against the Cowboys were delightful especially the one when he danced his way out of the tunnel. Vick has been great for the team, and now Vince (in it to win it) is the making for an unsettling Christmas Eve.

OBTW, Dan B, 50K jerseys from another team "ain't" going to happen at Cowboys Stadium, lol. If anything similar to the past, perhaps 10 or so per section. Still can't figure out why the Eagles most dysfunctional seem to always be the ones to show up.

b0ng
08-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Seems like pretty much every time I hear that a black male has been killed, it has been committed by another black male.

Or a police officer.

Playoffs
08-06-2011, 09:38 AM
:lol: I don't think VY can pronounce the new Eagles cornerbacks name. (ESPN)

WAR DREAM TEAM!!!

GP
08-06-2011, 03:11 PM
I hope THIS is the sort of Dream Team the Eagles become:

http://www.realmovienews.com/movieimages/5632/5728/5728_poster_0_f.jpg

TexansBull
08-06-2011, 04:27 PM
They were not cheering O.J. They were glad it white people got to feel,
just once, what Black Americans feel ALL THE TIME. Young Black males
the wrist.

They weren't cheering O.J. They were glad the justice system worked ONCE
for somebody not white. Unfortunately, it was the ONLY time such a thing
happened in favor of non-whites. Oscar Grant gets gunned down on
camera in a crowded subway, the officer gets 9 months in prison.

One white guy in Norway kills over 70 people, yet when they capture him,
they humanize him. They don't label ALL the people of his race as terrorists.
Yet, we ALL know what would've happened had a non-white done the same.
Oh, yeah. It DID happen. The event is commemorated as "9/11," and this
country spent billions of dollars bombing the shit out of a non-white country
to get its revenge.

Are the bombs getting lubed up for a white country? Nah.

C'mon man. Don't be mad at a brotha for callin' it like he sees it.

Dude, I feel for you. Something obviously has happened in you life to have a view that white people are evil. BTW, Michael Jackson was black not white and yet he got off too. If he did anything to you, he was actually black at one time so don't be mad at whitey.

Also, how do you feel when you read the this report of black people beating on whites? Sorrow, happiness, or jealousy? Where was Jesse, Al, or Barry crying this as an injustice?
http://www.jsonline.mobi/news/milwaukee/126828998.html?ua=blackberry&dc=smart&c=y

On OJ, how is that justice when a guilty person got off? The system didn't work. It failed. Why celebrate that?

The guy in Norway was not humanized. Nothing I have read has made me believe it.

How many people needed to die on 9/11 for us to justify bombing that hell hole people call Afghanistan? There weren't just white people in that building. Its because of people like you that make us weak. We as a country have to win the PC war instead of fighting the real war. If people like you would get out of the way people like me would have gone in, really bombed the crud out of the place where the Grand Canyon would be jealous and we would have been out already. The service men's/woman's life is more important than the PC war. I don't support putting our people in harms way to protect someone trying to kill us.

Sorry to go off on a rant and keep this subject alive, but that offended me. And if I offended anyone I am not sorry. That is too PC.

b0ng
08-06-2011, 11:30 PM
I had a terrible dream. Texans vs Titans at Relient. Vince Young was the color commentator.

The Pencil Neck
08-07-2011, 12:39 AM
I had a terrible dream. Texans vs Titans at Relient. Vince Young was the color commentator.

Neg rep.

:polevault:

jgl35
08-08-2011, 05:22 PM
Some quotes from the Eagle's message board from fans attending camp on Vince Young Aug. 8.

V.Y. just missed DeAndre Brown by 11 yards. Best pass he's thrown today.

Havn't seen a single highlight of Vince in tc yet. Seems like one of those players who's head gets in the way.

Once he learns mechanics, how to throw from the pocket, and seeks therapy he will be fine trade bait.

They can call Young no. 2 all they want. Mike Kafka is way ahead of him right now.

I would post a possitive quote, but could not find one.

SheTexan
08-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Some quotes from the Eagle's message board from fans attending camp on Vince Young Aug. 8.

V.Y. just missed DeAndre Brown by 11 yards. Best pass he's thrown today.

Havn't seen a single highlight of Vince in tc yet. Seems like one of those players who's head gets in the way.

Once he learns mechanics, how to throw from the pocket, and seeks therapy he will be fine trade bait.

They can call Young no. 2 all they want. Mike Kafka is way ahead of him right now.

I would post a possitive quote, but could not find one.

Same ol VY! Arrogance over action! His motto!

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2011, 05:42 PM
Same ol VY! Arrogance over action! His motto!

All he does is win.

Hookem Horns
08-08-2011, 06:20 PM
All he does is win.

You forgot to mention 30-17

All those VY retards do on the UT boards is reply with those 2 things.

As a side note, on Hornfans.com someone posted a VY/Eagles training camp photo. VY is standing next to Vick and VY is the only one not wearing shoulder pads. Someone asked why VY wasn't in pads and a clever poster replied that he probably threw them into the stands. :) So with that not all UT fans are blind VY jock sniffing morons.

drs23
08-08-2011, 06:43 PM
You forgot to mention 30-17

All those VY retards do on the UT boards is reply with those 2 things.

As a side note, on Hornfans.com someone posted a VY/Eagles training camp photo. VY is standing next to Vick and VY is the only one not wearing shoulder pads. Someone asked why VY wasn't in pads and a clever poster replied that he probably threw them into the stands. :) So with that not all UT fans are blind VY jock sniffing morons.

Thanks Hookem. It's nice to know there are some UT folks with redeeming qualities. Damn sure won't get it at that "Hairy Bevo" site. Those are some VY huggin', jock sniffin' mofos over there.

Uh-Oh. I feel a neg rep coming from SteveSlaton20. Gawd, that hurts. :kitten:

BigBull17
08-08-2011, 08:49 PM
It's amazing that one damn game has made him the winner of all winners. He didn't win in high school. He hasn't really won anything in pros, yet he is worshiped. Every big game that has ment something, he has choked and wilted in the pressure. Just saying. Guys career has mirrored, to a T, HWWSNM.

nut
08-12-2011, 07:56 AM
It's amazing that one damn game has made him the winner of all winners. He didn't win in high school. He hasn't really won anything in pros, yet he is worshiped. Every big game that has ment something, he has choked and wilted in the pressure. Just saying. Guys career has mirrored, to a T, HWWSNM.

If you are going to pile on the guy, get your facts straight.

From Wiki -

Young was coached by Ray Seals at Madison High School in Houston where he started at quarterback (QB) for three years and compiled 12,987 yards of total offense during his career.[11] During his senior season he led his Madison Marlins to a 61–58 victory in the 5A Regionals over the previously undefeated Galena Park North Shore Mustangs, accounting for more than 400 yards of total offense while passing for three touchdowns and rushing for two more before a crowd of 45,000 in the Houston Astrodome.[10] After beating Missouri City Hightower 56–22 in the state quarterfinals, Houston Madison faced Austin Westlake in the state semi-finals. Although Young completed 18-of-30 passes for 400 yards and five TDs and rushed for 92 yards (on 18 carries) and a TD, Houston Madison lost 42–48.

Among the honors Young received in high school were:

being named Parade's and Student Sports' National Player of the Year after compiling 3,819 yards and 59 touchdowns (TD) as a senior,[12]
being named 2001 Texas 5A Offensive Player of the Year,[12]
designation as The Sporting News's top high school prospect,[11][12]
and the Pete Dawkins Trophy in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.[11]

Playoffs
08-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Vince Young says “Dream Team” remark was taken out of context

Posted by Mike Florio on August 22, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT

AP
When quarterback Vince Young joined the Eagles last month, he called the club a “Dream Team.”

With “Dream Team” thereafter becoming the unofficial T-shirt slogan of the Eagles, Young now says his words were taken out of context. While also reiterating them.

“That’s pretty much how it go with Vince Young,” Young said Monday, via Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer. “My words always get taken out of context. It’s just basically what I mean. We do have some really talented guys and I feel like if we continue to keep working and taking care of our responsibilities and finish like a team like we want to finish I feel like that’s pretty much how I called it.”

And so, basically, it’s still a Dream Team.

“That’s just how I feel,” Young said. “I don’t care what nobody else says, that’s how I feel about the guys here.”

And so, once again, the phrase “out of context” is used out of context to convey displeasure with the fact that someone is being criticized for the words that have come out of their mouths.* That’s why it was so refreshing last week, when Seahawks G.M. John Schneider admitted on PFT Live that he said that the Vikings “[expletive] on” Tarvaris Jackson, apologized for it, and moved on.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/22/vince-young-says-dream-team-remark-was-taken-out-of-context/

Double Barrel
08-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Vince Young says “Dream Team” remark was taken out of context

Typical VY. It is never his fault. Always somebody else's fault for his mistakes.

He should just be a man and admit that his "dream team" blast was spoken out of context. Nobody misunderstood his words. They are never that complex.

GP
08-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Typical coddled, paranoid narcissist.

In his world, everybody misunderstands him and is out to get him.

There is a serious mental health issue with that guy.

Double Barrel
08-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I thought that I could try to root for the guy since he's no longer a Titan.

But, I was wrong.

I am incapable for rooting for such a stupid narcissist.

GP
08-22-2011, 04:47 PM
I thought that I could try to root for the guy since he's no longer a Titan.

But, I was wrong.

I am incapable for rooting for such a stupid narcissist.

Won't we agree that he's more than JUST a narcissist, though?

He's got lots of personality and social development problems. LOTS.

He's like a 5-tool guy in the disorder realm. Seriously.

Hookem Horns
08-22-2011, 10:52 PM
“That’s pretty much how it go with Vince Young,” Young said . “That’s just how I feel,” Young said. “I don’t care what nobody else says ... "

Did this guy ever attend an English class? Actually you don't even need to attend an English class not to make those kinds of mistakes. All you have to do is listen to people speaking around you and know those types of mistakes just don't sound right. I know people that have only been speaking English for a few years that are beyond that level.

BTW, you pretty much lose me when you start speaking in the 3rd person, or maybe he cannot pronounce the word "me".

Playoffs
08-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Eagles’ Castillo says LBs “will be ready to win the Super Bowl”

Posted by Michael David Smith on August 22, 2011, 7:36 AM EDT

With rookie Casey Matthews, second-year player Jamar Chaney and third-year player Moise Fokou starting at linebacker, the Eagles are inexperienced at the position. But Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo isn’t ready.

In fact, Castillo believes that by the time the Super Bowl rolls around, no one will be saying the Eagles’ linebackers are inexperienced.

“The linebackers will be ready to win the Super Bowl,” Castillo said, via Andy Schwartz of CSNPhilly.com.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/22/eagles-castillo-says-lbs-will-be-ready-to-win-the-super-bowl/

War Dream Team! :choke:

b0ng
08-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Fun fact: Juan Castillo was the O-line coach for the Eagles before being promoted to Defensive Coordinator.

gtexan02
08-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Did this guy ever attend an English class? Actually you don't even need to attend an English class not to make those kinds of mistakes. All you have to do is listen to people speaking around you and know those types of mistakes just don't sound right. I know people that have only been speaking English for a few years that are beyond that level.

BTW, you pretty much lose me when you start speaking in the 3rd person, or maybe he cannot pronounce the word "me".

He speaks the same lingo that Chris Johnson does. Imagine CJ's confusion when he's in the huddle and someone who speaks normal English tries to tell him what to do. No wonder he's holding out

chicagotexan2
08-23-2011, 09:22 AM

That's the problem. When you are around people that can't speak proper English either then you'll never get it right. And when you are a coddled star athlete and have nothing but sycophants hanging around you no one will ever try to correct you. The guy is just mentally and emotionally soft and that will never change.

Playoffs
09-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Dream Team QB Vince Young's impostor caught:

http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/stephanpittman.jpg

The Prince George’s County Police Department has released the mug shot of Stephan Pittman, the man who was arrested on felony fraud charges today for impersonating Eagles backup quarterback Vince Young.

Seeing his mug shot, I can only assume Pittman was not a very successful Vince Young impersonator.

The balding Pittman is obviously older than the 28-year-old Young, and in a video of Pittman being brought into custody (http://pgpolice.blogspot.com/2011/09/video-prince-georges-county-police.html#.Tn0LAyDbPW0.twitter) he looks shorter and pudgier than the 6-foot-5, 232-pound Young.

Prior to Pittman’s arrest, Young said his impostor had received money from people who believed they were doing business with the real Vince Young, and that the impostor had taken pictures with children claiming to be the real Vince Young. Presumably none of the people who thought he was the real Vince Young have ever seen the real Vince Young.

Pittman had "no comment" on whether the 2011 Eagles are, in fact, a Dream Team.

DexmanC
09-25-2011, 09:10 PM
If you'd have seen the video, you'd know Vince's comment WAS
taken out of context. The media BLEW IT UP by repeating it, OUT OF
ITS ORIGINAL CONTEXT, ad-nauseum on every network.

The American Public HAS been dumbed down. The media can cause
mass hysteria on ANY subject.

chicagotexan2
09-26-2011, 10:34 AM
If you'd have seen the video, you'd know Vince's comment WAS
taken out of context. The media BLEW IT UP by repeating it, OUT OF
ITS ORIGINAL CONTEXT, ad-nauseum on every network.

The American Public HAS been dumbed down. The media can cause
mass hysteria on ANY subject.

Ok against my better judgemetn I will humor you by re-examing the interview.

Reporter asks VY 'What do you think about the pieces added to this team in the last 2 days"

VY replies 'Dream team'. To see all the players added is a beautiful thing.

Now I've replayed the video and I don't see or hear a white man putting words into vy's mouth from the grassy knoll. We'll see if the dream team can beat the 49ers with Houston's favorite son at the helm.

Double Barrel
09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
"Dream team" came out of his mouth, and regardless of context, "dream team" came out of his mouth.

Granted, the media field day is overblown, but that goes without saying with the media. That is what they do best.

And they never would have blow this out of proportion if "dream team" had not come out of VY's mouth.

DexmanC
09-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Ok against my better judgemetn I will humor you by re-examing the interview.

Reporter asks VY 'What do you think about the pieces added to this team in the last 2 days"

VY replies 'Dream team'. To see all the players added is a beautiful thing.

Now I've replayed the video and I don't see or hear a white man putting words into vy's mouth from the grassy knoll. We'll see if the dream team can beat the 49ers with Houston's favorite son at the helm.

Are you really that robotic? Pay attention to the tone of his voice when
he said the words "Dream Team." It was a PASSING REMARK, that was
blown up as if it were a Desean Jackson touchdown celebration.

chicagotexan2
09-26-2011, 12:02 PM

domo arigato mr roboto. Are you really that dense? He said it. Nobody asked if he thought they were a dream team. He said 'dream team'. What do you think of the players added to the team the last few days? DREAM TEAM. Don't try to get all CSI on here and deflect critisism of Young because 'you' see a joking inflection in his voice. He did what he does really well. He put his foot in his mouth. Let's see if Dream Team Philly can beat SF because they couldn't be the NYG.

BigBull17
09-26-2011, 12:10 PM

Whatever. VY doesn't know how to be sarcastic or witty. That requires 2 brain cells to rub together. He STILL feels like he is relevant, and that he helpped make them a dream team. Can't spell dream team without 1-2.

chicagotexan2
09-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Whatever. VY doesn't know how to be sarcastic or witty. That requires 2 brain cells to rub together. He STILL feels like he is relevant, and that he helpped make them a dream team. Can't spell dream team without 1-2.

The only 2 things Young knows how to rub against are young taut sweaty shirtless men sipping on Patron.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/shared-blogs/austin/outandabout/upload/2008/05/austin_stars_la/vince-young-shirtless.jpg

b0ng
09-29-2011, 10:19 AM

Racebaiting at it's finest.

Hervoyel
09-29-2011, 04:52 PM

M-O-O-N! That Spells Dream Team!

BIG TORO
09-29-2011, 05:43 PM
Everybody needs to leave VY alone! He had a slip of the tongue and it got blown out of proportion. What he meant to say was "Dumb Team.":splits:

drs23
09-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Everybody needs to leave VY why alone! He had a slip of the tongue and it got blown out of proportion. What he meant to say was "Dumb Team." :hobie:

fify

GP
10-02-2011, 06:16 PM
The Dream Team is still sleeping...

They lost to the 49ers and are 1-3. ONE WIN.

Vince Young is a jinx wherever he goes.

hradhak
10-02-2011, 09:50 PM
Well considering the media already gave the Eagles the Lombardi trophy before the season started, I don't even see why we're playing the games anymore.

Seriously though, Vick was terrible at the end of last season and he was anointed as the second coming and the greatest comeback story ever. The bottom line is that the Eagles are never going to win with Vick or VY. I'm starting to wonder if they're even going to make the playoffs. Nnamdi is probably kicking himself for joining the Eagles.

sakebomb
10-03-2011, 06:06 AM
Nnamdi is probably kicking himself for joining the Eagles.

No way. It's hard to kick carrying all that cash to the bank.

BIG TORO
10-03-2011, 07:11 AM
No way. It's hard to kick carrying all that cash to the bank.

But remember for Namdi money was not important! He just wanted to be on a winning team!!! Hell the Raiders are doing better than the eagles!

Playoffs
10-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Vince Young is a jinx wherever he goes.
Nah, it's the media's fault -- always picking on him & mis-quoting him. :vincepalm:

Double Barrel
10-03-2011, 11:30 AM
During the highlights last night, they showed Aso getting burned a couple of times. He's not necessarily the so-called "shutdown corner" advertised in the off-season.

So glad we got Manning and Joseph instead of just Aso.

Air Canada
10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
During the highlights last night, they showed Aso getting burned a couple of times. He's not necessarily the so-called "shutdown corner" advertised in the off-season.

So glad we got Manning and Joseph instead of just Aso.

They utilize Aso wrong a lil too much... He's at his best man to man coverage.. PRESS man coverage. Get him doing that and he can shutdown that side of the field or receiver... He isn't nearly a shutdown corner playing zone coverage. :runaway:

jgl35
10-04-2011, 09:14 AM
They utilize Aso wrong a lil too much... He's at his best man to man coverage.. PRESS man coverage. Get him doing that and he can shutdown that side of the field or receiver... He isn't nearly a shutdown corner playing zone coverage. :runaway:

Correct. This is what they are doing with him.
As far as what is going on with this team, this is what I see.
Three pro bowl CBs that can't or will not tackle. Bump the receiver down. Pro bowl left tackle who misses his asigment by double teaming a DT with the left guard and alowing his DE a free run at the QB.
Macklen and others swinging the ball around and not putting it away,
D. Jackson turning to plead with an official when the ball is picked by the CB covering him and not running after the man with the ball.
Could go on with more, but what is the sense?
The mind set looks to be let the other guy do it.
What they need is someone --a player-- to get into people's faces. The Eagles use to have that in Dawkens and I would love to see him back of this football team. It doesn't matter if he can still play or not. There is NO leadership in that lockerroom.
If you can not hold a 20 point lead against a team that you are clearly better than, you need someone to come in and punch you in the mouth. Simple as that.
You play the game on the field, not on paper.

Hookem Horns
10-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Loading up with free agents has never worked in the NFL and doesn't work in most team sports. Baseball is the only sport I can think of where you can buy championships.

The key to success is strong drafts period. Sure landing a FA to fill a hole or 2 is one thing and works if accompanied by a strong draft. See the Texans situation with Joseph.

Just ask any Redskins fan about the above.

BigBull17
10-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Putting your DE's in wide 9's is not bright. Leaves huge holes to run through

The1ApplePie
10-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Putting your DE's in wide 9's is not bright. Leaves huge holes to run through

Promoting your O-line coach to defensive coordinator is not the brightest idea either.

False Start
10-05-2011, 09:24 AM
I am LOVING this. :lol:

A dream team...at this pace wins may be just a dream. :sleep:

BigBull17
10-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Promoting your O-line coach to defensive coordinator is not the brightest idea either.

touche'

Playoffs
10-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Vick trying the shake Vince's Dream Team mojo:

Michael Vick: 'The Dream Team thing is over' (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/10/eagles-qb-michael-vick-the-dream-team-thing-is-over/1)

Not gonna happen -- not on my watch. :evil:

Dread-Head
10-07-2011, 03:08 PM
You'll note there are no quotation marks about that. If Vince said it chances are the to be verb "are" was probably missing.

"We a dream team."
:vincepalm:

Playoffs
11-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Vick 2 broken ribs.

Perfect situation for DreamTeamBackupSaviorQuarterbackVinceYoung to turn the Scream Team back into the Dream Team.

Can DTBSQVY do it???

burro
11-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Vick 2 broken ribs.

Perfect situation for DreamTeamBackupSaviorQuarterbackVinceYoung to turn the Scream Team back into the Dream Team.

Can DTBSQVY do it???

Vick and Young may as well be interchangeable parts. That is to say that Vick is extremely overrated. I wouldn't expect Young to swoop in and save anybody if I were an Eagles fan.

Hookem Horns
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Go Giants!

jgl35
11-15-2011, 07:52 AM
Vick 2 broken ribs.

Can DTBSQVY do it???

The Phila. press Monday wanted to speak to Young about his possible start if Vick could not play Monday. Looked for him at the Nova Care Center and Young was not there. Monday is a work day for the team. Tuesday is their day off.
Interesting.

GlassHalfFull
11-15-2011, 08:09 AM
The Phila. press Monday wanted to speak to Young about his possible start if Vick could not play Monday. Looked for him at the Nova Care Center and Young was not there. Monday is a work day for the team. Tuesday is their day off.
Interesting.

Philly had VY tied up and gagged in an equipment closet. They didn't want to give him another chance for foot in mouth disease.

GP
11-15-2011, 08:58 AM
Philly had VY tied up and gagged in an equipment closet. They didn't want to give him another chance for foot in mouth disease.

LMAO.

Rep your way if it lets me. That was funny stuff!

Playoffs
11-15-2011, 10:17 AM
...Interesting.
Typical.

DBCooper
11-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Go Giants!

Lol, Go Cowboys!

Playoffs
12-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Moving on, Dan Graziano of ESPN.com says it's simple: the Eagles are losers.

The Eagles are losers. It's as simple as that. One more loss will ensure a losing record for a team that does nothing as well as it does losing. There was absolutely no excuse for the defense to come out the way it did in this game, playing soft, missing tackles and watching Marshawn Lynch, who it knew was Seattle's only real weapon, run over it at will. There was no excuse for DeSean Jackson, who's still moping about his contract after insisting he wouldn't, to be giving up on deep routes when he's the only deep threat the team has. There was no excuse for the Eagles' penalties, for not calling timeout after a third-down stop with a minute left in the first half, for sending 12 men onto the field for a punt return and having to call a timeout when they were still in the game and looked as though they might need their timeouts. These are the careless, lazy, undisciplined acts of losing players and losing teams, and whatever the Eagles might have been or should have been, this is what they are. They are 4-8. They are the most disappointing flop of a team in the entire league. They are losers.