PDA

View Full Version : OLD THREAD - Rumor: Randy Moss spotted at Houston Airport today

Commodore
07-30-2011, 01:03 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/DustyGmoe

DustyGmoe Dustygmoe
RT "@twtweallwegot: Randy Moss seen at Houston Airport #texansmaybe"
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Apparently someone called in to 610 radio and said the same thing.

Astew10112
07-30-2011, 01:06 PM
Interesting...don't know if I believe it though.

DX-TEX
07-30-2011, 01:07 PM
IAH is a major hub. Priscoe from CBS sports mentioned changing planes here this morning on his way to Cowboys camp in San Antonio

gary
07-30-2011, 01:11 PM
IAH is a major hub. Priscoe from CBS sports mentioned changing planes here this morning on his way to Cowboys camp in San AntonioThat makes more sense.

b0ng
07-30-2011, 01:15 PM
That would be hilarious but I can't imagine that Smithiak was very impressed with what Randy brought to the table in his performances in 2010.

Playoffs
07-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Nah, it was Snoop Dog.

TheMatrix31
07-30-2011, 02:33 PM
**** Randy Moss.

VTexan
07-30-2011, 02:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AJiHr.png

That AJ, Randy Moss Combo in the red zone.

TEXANRED
07-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Andre Johnson/Randy Moss?
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/TEXANRED/831166-drooling_homer_large.gif

DX-TEX
07-30-2011, 03:12 PM
Anyone hyped for this needs to watch film from any of Moss's 3 teams last year. the guy has completely given up. If he doesnt get the ball he slowly runs 5 yards then just stops.

TEXANRED
07-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Anyone hyped for this needs to watch film from any of Moss's 3 teams last year. the guy has completely given up. If he doesnt get the ball he slowly runs 5 yards then just stops.

I don't know why the Pats let him go. He didn't want to be in Minny and he sure as hell didn't want to play for the Titans.

Randy Moss still has lots left in the tank. The thing about Randy is Randy won't play for a team he doesn't want to play for.

What receiver wouldn't want to play with AJ?

DX-TEX
07-30-2011, 03:18 PM
What receiver wouldn't want to play with AJ?

A primadonna who thinks he is still a #1 and in actually has lost about 3 steps but his ego wont let him see it but everyone else in the league can see it?

TEXANRED
07-30-2011, 03:29 PM
A primadonna who thinks he is still a #1 and in actually has lost about 3 steps but his ego wont let him see it but everyone else in the league can see it?

2009-2010 season he had over 1200 yards and 13 TD's

I am not sure why the Pats dropped him. Draft picks? The Pats being the Pats? Who knows?

Randy as the #2? Start planning your trip to Indy cus we are heading to the Superbowl to make the Eagles fans cry!

Texecutioner
07-30-2011, 03:32 PM
That would be hilarious but I can't imagine that Smithiak was very impressed with what Randy brought to the table in his performances in 2010.

Don't mistake it as if Randy still isn't capable of being a really good WR though. That guy is so moody and iffy mentally, that you just never know. Like he has always said, he plays when he wants to play. That's just how he rolls unfortunately.

I don't think Bob would ever sign him though. Way to many issues with him and I can't fault him on a guy like Moss. I'd welcome it though, because it would be at low money most likely and the potential gain would be much higher than the risk. I don't see how teams could stop a combo of AJ and Moss with Daniels in the middle and Foster and Tate running the ball.

Wolf
07-30-2011, 03:36 PM
I'd rather have Burress

just because you never know if Randy wants to play or not.

TEXANRED
07-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Don't mistake it as if Randy still isn't capable of being a really good WR though. That guy is so moody and iffy mentally, that you just never know. Like he has always said, he plays when he wants to play. That's just how he rolls unfortunately.

I don't think Bob would ever sign him though. Way to many issues with him and I can't fault him on a guy like Moss. I'd welcome it though, because it would be at low money most likely and the potential gain would be much higher than the risk. I don't see how teams could stop a combo of AJ and Moss with Daniels in the middle and Foster and Tate running the ball.

The reward is definitely worth the risk.

DX-TEX
07-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Guy is a cancer on a team, plain and simple.

Bob will NEVER allow it.

/thread

mariowillshine15
07-30-2011, 03:45 PM

Bob will NEVER allow it.

/thread

I don't think he's a cancer he just stops caring. Give him a reason to care and i bet he produces.

A cancer is someone like T.O. who turns the locker room against each other when he's not getting what he wants.

Wolf
07-30-2011, 03:46 PM
randy cares about well Randy

VTexan
07-30-2011, 03:47 PM

Bob will NEVER allow it.

/thread

Cancer's usually spread.

DX-TEX
07-30-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't think he's a cancer he just stops caring. Give him a reason to care and i bet he produces.

A cancer is someone like T.O. who turns the locker room against each other when he's not getting what he wants.

he is getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. Are you even reading what you writing? Why would yu want a guy who doesnt care?

mariowillshine15
07-30-2011, 03:53 PM
he is getting paid millions of dollars to play a game. Are you even reading what you writing? Why would yu want a guy who doesnt care?

He's still an amazing talent. If you can get him to buy into the team like he did with the Pats he can still be a great receiver.

It's not like he would cost much. If he stops trying to just cut him.

b0ng
07-30-2011, 03:55 PM

No I think he has it in the tank when he's motivated, I just wonder if he'd be motivated playing for a QB not named Tom, Peyton or Drew.

Texans_Chick
07-30-2011, 04:10 PM
In this week's USA Today article on the league's best wide receivers, Andre Johnson was ranked #1. He was asked who he thought the best receiver was, and he said Randy Moss.

ThaJokaa
07-30-2011, 04:15 PM
In this week's USA Today article on the league's best wide receivers, Andre Johnson was ranked #1. He was asked who he thought the best receiver was, and he said Randy Moss.

Well of course he's not going to say himself, that just sounds extremely bad. He's going to say another player for sure, and no doubt he said Randy Moss because thats who he looked up to when he first started in the NFL.

TexanSam
07-30-2011, 04:16 PM

I remember listening to sports radio a few years ago, probably back in 2005 or 2006. It was some national show and they had Randy Moss as their guest. They asked him who he thought the top 5 WRs in football were at that time and he named Andre Johnson as one of them. This was before AJ started tearing it up so it came as kind of a shock to the hosts. Looks like Moss was onto something

Texans_Chick
07-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Well of course he's not going to say himself, that just sounds extremely bad. He's going to say another player for sure, and no doubt he said Randy Moss because thats who he looked up to when he first started in the NFL.

Just saying.

DexmanC
07-30-2011, 04:21 PM

Bob will NEVER allow it.

/thread

I don't recall Randy's teammates doggin' him, ala T.O.

Randy's beef usually takes place against owners who give
the QB ALL the credit for the record-breaking season, or
knuckleheads like Jeff Fisher.

I don't see any reason to believe Randy would have a problem in
Houston. Apparently, The Cowboys think the same.

Brisco_County
07-30-2011, 04:23 PM

1) If you're a professional, you do your job either way.

2) How does anyone stop caring when they're playing for Tom Brady and Bill Belichick?

3) He's exactly the type of player that does not fit in the Texans locker room.

DexmanC
07-30-2011, 04:29 PM

It ain't about the money, it's about control.

He makes millions of dollars, but he then must risk life, limb,
and ACL while being bound to a contract. If he slips up, they
have ways to take his money, and THEN some.

"To play a game" makes it seem like you're talking about "tiddly-winks."

NFL ball is far more than that. Your life could change or end on the
very next snap of the ball.

Rey
07-30-2011, 04:41 PM
1) If you're a professional, you do your job either way.

2) How does anyone stop caring when they're playing for Tom Brady and Bill Belichick?

3) He's exactly the type of player that does not fit in the Texans locker room.

Ne traded him because he started talking about his contract situation.

Had nothing to do with him not caring.

Ryan
07-30-2011, 04:48 PM
I say send him in. Just the thought of DC's having to gameplan for both Andre AND Moss at the same time excites me. He still is one of the best at stretching the field. 1 year contract with low base salary and performance based incentives sounds like a win to me.

leebigeztx
07-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Ne traded him because he started talking about his contract situation.

Had nothing to do with him not caring.

Exactly, but this is typical texans. The eagles got cullen,nmandi,babin and are still adding quality players. In houston, nothing going on after joseph and manning. One team talkin superbowl, one team talking just making the playoffs. Warren,moss,franklin,and clements should be on this roster. Why? They're better than the guys in front of them by a distance. Moss >> walters, franklin >> mitchell and cody, warren > smith, clements >> quinn@S or kj at cb.

El Tejano
07-30-2011, 04:54 PM
I'd like to have a Mad Super Freak Randy Moss play for us.

jaayteetx
07-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Exactly, but this is typical texans. The eagles got cullen,nmandi,babin and are still adding quality players. In houston, nothing going on after joseph and manning. One team talkin superbowl, one team talking just making the playoffs. Warren,moss,franklin,and clements should be on this roster. Why? They're better than the guys in front of them by a distance. Moss >> walters, franklin >> mitchell and cody, warren > smith, clements >> quinn@S or kj at cb.

Hows adding a bunch of "name" players worked out for the Redskins?

gary
07-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Randy is not going to come here.

ObsiWan
07-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Well... there you have it
[/thread]

Ryan
07-30-2011, 05:03 PM

Based on what?

gary
07-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Well... there you have it
[/thread]Not that I would not take him but he just would not play here.

gary
07-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Based on what?Well, did he go to Reliant or just hop on another plane?

houstonspartan
07-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Not going to react to an athlete being seen at one of the largest airports on the planet. It's ridiculous. Even Jesus likely has to transfer at IAH (or Atlanta) at some point.

thunderkyss
07-30-2011, 06:14 PM
I am not sure why the Pats dropped him. Draft picks? The Pats being the Pats? Who knows?

The Pats dropped him because he said something at a press conference questioning Belichick's wisdom.... I don't remember exactly what it was, but you know how they do in New England. If you aren't towing the line, they kick you to the curb.

thetexanator
07-30-2011, 06:15 PM
could you guys imagine kubiak trying to contol moss if he starts to pout?

Brisco_County
07-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Come to think of it, this is a total Jerry Jones thing to do. Not drafting Moss is one of Jones' biggest regrets. I won't be surprised if Moss ends up a Cowboy.

thunderkyss
07-30-2011, 06:16 PM

Yeah, that's why he wears the number 80...

:kitten:

BigBull17
07-30-2011, 06:18 PM
We don't have the right qb for moss. Matt is good, but moss is all about the deep ball. Matt doesn't have the gun for that. We need bigger possession guys and YAC guys.

thunderkyss
07-30-2011, 06:20 PM
could you guys imagine kubiak trying to contol moss if he starts to pout?

That's probably the biggest reason he won't come to Houston. Gary would have to put on his big-boy pants.

As far as the playing when he wants to, it's not like he tries to hide it. Everyone knows when he's dogging it.

In those situations, you sit him down & put JJ in.

chicagotexan2
07-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Why would kubiak have to put on big boy pants for a whiny quitter who plays halfass football. Moss is a dog and not worth the trouble anymore. He may have some football left but he doesn't play like it.

SheTexan
07-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Yeah, that's why he wears the number 80...

:kitten:

AJ wears #80 because of Jerry Rice, not Randy Moss!

playa465
07-30-2011, 07:16 PM
We don't have the right qb for moss. Matt is good, but moss is all about the deep ball. Matt doesn't have the gun for that. We need bigger possession guys and YAC guys.

While its been debated, I agree

DBCooper
07-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Well, did he go to Reliant or just hop on another plane?

I heard he went to your house to hang with your homegirls!

DX-TEX
07-30-2011, 07:19 PM

Was going to say that. AJ refers to Rice a lot when he is interviewed. Said he was in awe his rookie season when he got to meet him in a game against the Raiders.

Lucky
07-30-2011, 08:14 PM
Gary would have to put on his big-boy pants.
tk, are you dogging Coach Kubes? Never thought I'd see the day...

Pantherstang84
07-30-2011, 08:20 PM
The reward is definitely worth the risk.

NO its not. If you want a problem child WR give Plaxico a ring.

b0ng
07-30-2011, 09:31 PM
NO its not. If you want a problem child WR give Plaxico a ring.

Plax is a Steeler now right or was that just rumors and speculation?

Maddict5
07-30-2011, 09:38 PM

Was going to say that. AJ refers to Rice a lot when he is interviewed. Said he was in awe his rookie season when he got to meet him in a game against the Raiders.

'can we get 2 new sarcasm-o-meters to checkout please..'

ObsiWan
07-30-2011, 09:38 PM
if I was of a mind to grab a WR I'd go after James Jones, GB still hasn't re-signed him

of course, he's not much of a brat so maybe his name doesn't belong in this thread

DBCooper
07-30-2011, 09:51 PM
if I was of a mind to grab a WR I'd go after James Jones, GB still hasn't re-signed him

of course, he's not much of a brat so maybe his name doesn't belong in this thread

What would that put the JJ count at, 4?

Lol

Pantherstang84
07-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Plax is a Steeler now right or was that just rumors and speculation?

NFL.com says he is visiting the Steelers but has not signed as of this post.

SheTexan
07-30-2011, 10:07 PM
'can we get 2 new sarcasm-o-meters to checkout please..'

I wasn't being sarcastic! Just making a TRUE statement!

As for RM, I would't be that upset if we signed him. BUT, he won't come to Houston BECAUSE he would NEVER give up his # 80!

thunderkyss
07-30-2011, 10:11 PM
I wasn't being sarcastic! Just making a TRUE statement!

As for RM, I would't be that upset if we signed him. BUT, he won't come to Houston BECAUSE he would NEVER give up his # 80!

I was being sarcastic, you didn't catch it.

But that's ok...

I agree, he'll never give up his 80

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aCfx51AeU9Y/Te-bwKbiIwI/AAAAAAAAAYI/L7EwQhTlm6Y/s1600/RandyMoss.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PCPqiozF1_U/TM-QsYI3LII/AAAAAAAAA2c/Kr20qVrsups/s1600/randy-moss.jpg

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/10846-randy_moss_assault_woman_florida.jpg

Did you catch it that time?

bckey
07-31-2011, 07:37 AM
IAH is a major hub. Priscoe from CBS sports mentioned changing planes here this morning on his way to Cowboys camp in San Antonio

I just can't see changing planes in Houston to get to San Antonio. SA is a major airport serving the most visited city in Texas. SA is also the 7th largest city in the United States. I can get better deals out of there more than I can Houston because its a major tourist destination. Plenty of direct flights all over to and from SA.

GuerillaBlack
07-31-2011, 07:40 AM
I just can't see changing planes in Houston to get to San Antonio. SA is a major airport serving the most visited city in Texas. SA is also the 7th largest city in the United States. I can get better deals out of there more than I can Houston because its a major tourist destination. Plenty of direct flights all over to and from SA.

San Antonio is the seventh largest city in the US, but it's also like the 28th largest market. There are many cities with much smaller city limits than SA, but their metro areas are much bigger (like Dallas). So, SA has a tiny airport. Even Austin has a bigger airport than SA, even though the Austin area is smaller. A lot of people transfer in Houston on their way to SA. And Houston/DFW have more visitors overall than SA (business travelers + tourists). SA is just big on tourists. So, it makes sense why Priscoe from CBS sports had to use Houston for a transfer over to SA.

Second Honeymoon
07-31-2011, 07:43 AM
If AJ wants him, that is enough for me. He knows more about playing WR than anyone here

Second Honeymoon
07-31-2011, 07:48 AM

I agree but he is better than Kevin Walter and Jacoby. It's all about what AJ wants if you ask me.

Fwiw - Brady doesn't have a cannon either. I think Matt throw a good deep ball that you can run under. That is one of Moss' strengths.

GuerillaBlack
07-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Moss on this team would just be sick, and you could move Walter to the slot (where his excellent route running would be great), or you could trade him. I just know we have some talent at WR, and we don't want it too clogged. If Moss was to come here, someone (Jacoby or Walter) will have to be traded, IMO.

TEXANRED
07-31-2011, 08:04 AM
Moss on this team would just be sick, and you could move Walter to the slot (where his excellent route running would be great), or you could trade him. I just know we have some talent at WR, and we don't want it too clogged. If Moss was to come here, someone (Jacoby or Walter) will have to be traded, IMO.

AJ, Moss, JJ, talk about an athletic group of receivers.

TEXANRED
07-31-2011, 08:08 AM
wow. 2700 views and 60 plus replies for one unconfirmed sighting of Randy Moss.

Gotta love the offseason.

gary
07-31-2011, 08:47 AM
Plaxico is now a Jet so cross his name off your list.

b0ng
07-31-2011, 08:53 AM
I say this thread go where all the threads about Players not on the team go. . .

thunderkyss
07-31-2011, 08:59 AM

I agree.

& I don't think it'll hurt us too bad if he decides to dog it... at the very least we'll still have Andre, OD, Foster, & Casey (at fullback), Dressen (as a second TE), or Walter/JJ/Dickerson (as the slot receiver)... still plenty of options for Matt.

Which should be another good reason Randy shouldn't have a problem playing here. Matt isn't biased. He spreads the ball around pretty good. Teams wouldn't be able to double Randy any more than they'll be able to double AJ or OD.... so he'll get plenty of balls thrown his way.

Brisco_County
07-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Forget it, guys. He's going to be a Cowboy.

gary
07-31-2011, 10:34 AM

Forget it, guys. He's going to be a Cowboy.Or join Plaxico.

DocBar
07-31-2011, 10:53 AM
Wow...all this based on an airport sighting at one of the busiest airports in the US? For the record, I'd rather have Plax. Moss looks outta gas but not out of attitude.

Oz Texan
07-31-2011, 11:04 AM

OK to start off with, you can say typical Texans all you want. The eagles had a cap number of just over 80 mil, the Texans on the other hand had a cap numbe of 118 mill. Who here has more money free to sign numerous players of quality?

The other thing I love my Texans and will root for them mo matter what but the Eagles talking superbowl is how they should talk, the Texans talking playoffs is the same. WE have never been to the playoffs and the Eagles have been to the NFC champ game on numerous occations.

So your "Typical Texans" statment is moot. This has been the best free agent season we have had ever. With what we have to spend I am happy with what we have gotten.

TEXANRED
07-31-2011, 11:54 AM
OK to start off with, you can say typical Texans all you want. The eagles had a cap number of just over 80 mil, the Texans on the other hand had a cap numbe of 118 mill. Who here has more money free to sign numerous players of quality?

The other thing I love my Texans and will root for them mo matter what but the Eagles talking superbowl is how they should talk, the Texans talking playoffs is the same. WE have never been to the playoffs and the Eagles have been to the NFC champ game on numerous occations.

So your "Typical Texans" statment is moot. This has been the best free agent season we have had ever. With what we have to spend I am happy with what we have gotten.

We may have signed JJo but then what? Quin has never played safety, Manning has not played in a 34, KJac is still our starting CB, and then a bunch of rookies and last years scrubs.

And as far as our own FA's go we signed a few but the most important guy, Leach, has been ignored.

DocBar
07-31-2011, 11:58 AM
We may have signed JJo but then what? Quin has never played safety, Manning has not played in a 34, KJac is still our starting CB, and then a bunch of rookies and last years scrubs.

And as far as our own FA's go we signed a few but the most important guy, Leach, has been ignored.Is the backend that much different in a 3-4? How do you know that KJ is still a starting CB? Camp just started today. Do you have inside info on this or just assuming?

TEXANRED
07-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Is the backend that much different in a 3-4? How do you know that KJ is still a starting CB? Camp just started today. Do you have inside info on this or just assuming?

Yes. I am the all knowing.

DocBar
07-31-2011, 12:04 PM
Yes. I am the all knowing.Cool...so what's our record going to be this season?

TEXANRED
07-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Cool...so what's our record going to be this season?

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/TEXANRED/carnac-the-magnificent.jpg

9-7

DocBar
07-31-2011, 12:14 PM
LINK (http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/30854361)
DAMN! I just realized Allen is an unsigned UFA.:rake:

ThaShark316
07-31-2011, 12:14 PM
http://operatorchan.org/wallz/src/wallz15787_trollface.jpg

14-2

fify.

TEXANRED
07-31-2011, 12:15 PM
fify.

Err?

alphajoker
07-31-2011, 12:20 PM

LOL and in other news, Jesus was spotted on a receipt that was also printed at Houston Airport today.