PDA

View Full Version : Whats Left? what else would you be satisfied with?

thetexanator
07-28-2011, 09:00 PM
heres mine.

sensenbaugh + a wide receiver like sims-walker or edwards.
since we resigned jacoby, seems like the texans will stay pat with the wr. group.

therefore, if we cant get another wr. i say we go after michael huff and were done.

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2011, 11:08 PM
I want D. Manning and I want Leach and I want a good punter.

And... honestly... I'm worried about Demeco coming back. I'd like a solid ILB with 3-4 experience... like... maybe... Barnett.

I wouldn't mind another WR but I think we're golden with the UDFAs we picked up. Got some real talent in there.

Rey
07-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Manning, ilb depth, resign mark Anderson.

If they did those things I'd be completely satisfied.

I am neutral on signing leach as I really like James Casey in that role.

El Tejano
07-28-2011, 11:16 PM
I'll take D. Manning, Michael Huff, Dawan Landry, Gerald Sensabaugh for the safeties. Then, since our defense will be based on what kind of pressure our front seven can give, I'll take Igor Olshansky, Spears from Dallas. Nothing is wrong with picking up that punter from Pittsburgh. Lastly, I'll take a tall order of Plaxico Burress.

Also, Mark Clayton from St. Louis.
Give me back Leach and Mark Anderson.

Wolf6151
07-28-2011, 11:21 PM
I want D. Manning and I want Leach and I want a good punter.

And... honestly... I'm worried about Demeco coming back. I'd like a solid ILB with 3-4 experience... like... maybe... Barnett.

I wouldn't mind another WR but I think we're golden with the UDFAs we picked up. Got some real talent in there.

All of the above plus Aubrayo Franklin-NT from San Francisco or Brandon Mebane-NT from Seattle. We're still weak in the middle of the D-line and he'd help a bunch.

dalemurphy
07-28-2011, 11:22 PM
My dream would be to grab Cullen Jenkins, Brandon Mebane, or Aubrayo Franklin. (Unlikely)

Hopefully some affordable depth at LB (probably not high priced): Stephen Cooper, Kirk Morrison, Manny Lawson (OLB), Matt Roth (OLB)

MUST GRAB A SAFETY: Manning, Huff, Landry, Whitner, Bigby, Sensabaugh.

AnthonyE
07-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Call me crazy or stupid, but I would LOVE to see us sign Antonio Cromartie.

Rey
07-28-2011, 11:32 PM

If it comes down to him and manning I want manning. He's an overall better football player.

I'd we can't get manning id take cromartie over any of the other ss left.

c10x
07-28-2011, 11:33 PM
I hear we're actively pursuing Manning. I'd like to see is get Huff as well. The punter, and maybe ILB depth, and we're ready for the season imo. Would like Leach back too.

dinkatoid
07-28-2011, 11:56 PM

You are crazy. I really hate Cromartie. Have you seen him tackle? So many time he has just watched a guy run past him instead of tackling. He tackles runners like Pollard covering Larry Fitzgerald. Add on top of that he wants to get paid big bucks...

no thanks.

GuerillaBlack
07-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Sign Manning, Plaxico, punter from Pittsburgh, and some ILB depth. The Texans will be ready to go then. Don't care either way on resigning Leach.

El Tejano
07-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Igor Olshansky please!

CloakNNNdagger
07-29-2011, 12:29 AM
I want a testosterone-ladened gorilla in the middle of the D to re-direct traffic.:specnatz:

AnthonyE
07-29-2011, 12:35 AM
You are crazy. I really hate Cromartie. Have you seen him tackle? So many time he has just watched a guy run past him instead of tackling. He tackles runners like Pollard covering Larry Fitzgerald. Add on top of that he wants to get paid big bucks...

no thanks.

You see a terrible tackler, I see a Manning killer.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8041be06/Week-10-Peyton-Manning-highlights

Wolf
07-29-2011, 01:00 AM
guess we need a LB with Bentley and Diles gone

The Pencil Neck
07-29-2011, 01:01 AM

Some LBs, definitely.

I wonder if Wade was being honest about the NT position, too. Some guys still out there.

aussie_texan
07-29-2011, 01:04 AM

we signed a few UDFA LB so who knows. we can't sign everyone so i wouldn't be surprised if once we re-sign vonta and get a punter, where pretty much done. we might get another DE but we did sign lewis so doubtful. maybe one cheap ILB

Errant Hothy
07-29-2011, 01:25 AM
In no particular order; Leach, depth at ILB, swing guard, and another #2 - 3 WR.

dalemurphy
07-29-2011, 01:34 AM
In no particular order; Leach, depth at ILB, swing guard, and another #2 - 3 WR.

Swing Guard? Don't make me go all Shelley Smith on you again. I will. I really will..... Okay! You asked for it:

I love Shelley Smith! (http://www.texansbullblog.com/shelley-smith-solution-texan-lg-woes/news/)

I really do love Shelley Smith!! (http://www.texansbullblog.com/players-watch/featured-articles/)

BullNation4Life
07-29-2011, 01:39 AM
I would like to see the following...

Leach - given...
Nate Clements - on the other side of Jo-Jo? Siiiiiccccckkkk
Braylon Edwards - would kill on the other side of AJ, if he can catch the ball
Leonard Davis - depth at the Guard spot

it's a wish list but not one that couldn't come true....

mussop
07-29-2011, 01:42 AM
Aubrayo Franklin or Cullen Jenkins and why not go after one more of the available safeties? Then we can keep Quin at CB.

TheMatrix31
07-29-2011, 02:57 AM
Getting Leach back here is a MUST now.

Allstar
07-29-2011, 03:01 AM
Aubrayo Franklin or Cullen Jenkins and why not go after one more of the available safeties? Then we can keep Quin at CB.

Our coaching staff feels strongly that Quin's skill set is best suited as a safety. Vance Joseph said something along the lines of "Quin is a good corner, but we feel that he'll be a great safety"

fiasco west
07-29-2011, 03:03 AM
I agree. Leach is next.

leebigeztx
07-29-2011, 03:24 AM
Franklin,clements,and moss. Why not go for it all and cover all the holes?

Allstar
07-29-2011, 03:36 AM
Has Kelly Gregg signed anywhere yet?

SteveSlaton20
07-29-2011, 03:40 AM
heres mine.

sensenbaugh + a wide receiver like sims-walker or edwards.
since we resigned jacoby, seems like the texans will stay pat with the wr. group.

therefore, if we cant get another wr. i say we go after michael huff and were done.

i know this was before we signed manning, but why in the hell would you want sensenbaugh or w/e the heck is his name...

did y'all not watch the cowboys last year???

leebigeztx
07-29-2011, 03:40 AM
Has Kelly Gregg signed anywhere yet?

Not yet. Would be a good 1st and 2nd down player though. Don't let the bad body fool u.

leebigeztx
07-29-2011, 03:45 AM
i know this was before we signed manning, but why in the hell would you want sensenbaugh or w/e the heck is his name...

did y'all not watch the cowboys last year???

I'm not a ssensenbaugh fan because he peeks in the backfield too much. He's the king of the double move and that bothers me. I would rather have a 2nd corner/matchup guy like nate clements. This is a 3 db league and sometimes 4. Gb proved to the steelers what happens if you don't have quality cb play. In the division with clark and lewis, clements make more sense to transition to safety. Joseph on 1 corner,allen on the other. Jackson on the slot and clements at safety makes a lot of sense. When clark flexes out, nate can cover him.

welsh texan
07-29-2011, 03:51 AM
Not yet. Would be a good 1st and 2nd down player though. Don't let the bad body fool u.

Thats exactly what we need imo, let him shore up 1st & 2nd down and have Mitchell as your rusher on passing downs.

Personally, I really hope the resign Leach as their first priority at this point.

There's gotta be something out there at ILB with plenty of experience in the 3-4 that isn't going to cost the world.

How about Barrett Ruud of the Buccs, he had a bad year last year from what I read but that should knock his price down, even if his body is done he can't be bad depth can he?

Or Maybe Barton from the Browns, more of a 2 down run stuffer but would be some good insurance especially given that it allows Cush to possibly move outside if theres any problem there.

leebigeztx
07-29-2011, 04:12 AM
Thats exactly what we need imo, let him shore up 1st & 2nd down and have Mitchell as your rusher on passing downs.

Personally, I really hope the resign Leach as their first priority at this point.

There's gotta be something out there at ILB with plenty of experience in the 3-4 that isn't going to cost the world.

How about Barrett Ruud of the Buccs, he had a bad year last year from what I read but that should knock his price down, even if his body is done he can't be bad depth can he?

Or Maybe Barton from the Browns, more of a 2 down run stuffer but would be some good insurance especially given that it allows Cush to possibly move outside if theres any problem there.

Burnett would be great, rudd would be terrible. The texans need to rid themselves of all smalish lbs for the 3-4. I think cush will be ok inside as well as ryans. Outside is where they need some proven players. I disagree about leach and his value kinda went down with weaver being cut. 3m a yrs has to be quantified by his snap count.

80tothezone
07-29-2011, 04:24 AM
I would like to see a DT but I don't really see who we would grab, resign leach would be nice. I am worried that without leach Foster turns into eddie george w/o lorenzo neal. Casey might do the trick but who knows.Also a little depth at LB. Overall though even without any of that I think we make a nice run at the playoffs.

srrono
07-29-2011, 04:53 AM
I am already satisfied anyrhing else is gravy.

Texas T
07-29-2011, 07:54 AM
I am already satisfied anyrhing else is gravy.

I don't think I've ever agreed with srrono before but I'm one happy camper.
The holes are filled-Turk is gone so we will have another punter.

I'm good!

steelbtexan
07-29-2011, 08:04 AM
They need to sign a Punter and add depth at ILB and DE. There will be some vets cut that can help out with this.

Doppelganger
07-29-2011, 08:49 AM
For my wish list in no particular order:

Vonta Leach FB: Keep the running game going with a powerful FB.

Brandon Mebane, DT. Powerful run stopper who clogs the middle and has run stopping power. A lighter nimbler NT that has shown ability and is only 26.

Stephen Cooper, ILB, Very fluid athlete with experience playing in the 3-4 ILB position. Would be an excellent depth/spot starter.

Daniel Sepulveda, P, tore his MCL but he tore his non kicking MCL. Getting a boomer for a punter will help our special teams.

Leonard Davis: OG. Mike Brisel is a FA and while he is solid, Davis is better. Davis could start or be a solid backup.

Section516
07-29-2011, 08:53 AM
For my wish list in no particular order:

Vonta Leach FB: Keep the running game going with a powerful FB.

Brandon Mebane, DT. Powerful run stopper who clogs the middle and has run stopping power. A lighter nimbler NT that has shown ability and is only 26.

Stephen Cooper, ILB, Very fluid athlete with experience playing in the 3-4 ILB position. Would be an excellent depth/spot starter.

Daniel Sepulveda, P, tore his MCL but he tore his non kicking MCL. Getting a boomer for a punter will help our special teams.

Leonard Davis: OG. Mike Brisel is a FA and while he is solid, Davis is better. Davis could start or be a solid backup.

Mebanes involved in a bidding war - I don't know the status on Franklin, but another alternative.

On Davis, don't forget we have Caldwell who may step in..Don't know the depth there.

Like the rest~

El Tejano
07-29-2011, 08:57 AM
At 5pm. Plaxico can start visiting teams. I'd like him on our team.

Ole Miss Texan
07-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Call me crazy but I would love that too. And I was fairly vocal about what a dumbass he's been, not just about the gun thing. AJ and Plax across the field from each other? UN. Friggin. Stoppable.

In a perfect world I'd like to see an ILB and NT thrown into the mix. Re-sign Leach, add Plax. Who knows if we can do it or not.

beerlover
07-29-2011, 09:59 AM
I would like to see Texan draft choices signed so they can get started in camp day one (this Sunday) they have a lot to learn & we need them on a fast track :whip:

ChampionTexan
07-29-2011, 10:00 AM

Call me crazy but I would love that too. And I was fairly vocal about what a dumbass he's been, not just about the gun thing. AJ and Plax across the field from each other? UN. Friggin. Stoppable.

In a perfect world I'd like to see an ILB and NT thrown into the mix. Re-sign Leach, add Plax. Who knows if we can do it or not.

I wouldn't have a problem with Plax landing here, but if the Texans do end up bringing in another WR, James Jones would be my first choice.

El Tejano
07-29-2011, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't have a problem with Plax landing here, but if the Texans do end up bringing in another WR, James Jones would be my first choice.

And I wouldn't mind that either.

Ole Miss Texan
07-29-2011, 10:10 AM
I would like to see Texan draft choices signed so they can get started in camp day one (this Sunday) they have a lot to learn & we need them on a fast track :whip:

:smiliepalm: Oh yea... i forgot about those guys. lol

El Tejano
07-29-2011, 10:17 AM
I think that if I'm the Texans right now. I go ahead and try to get the draft choices and Vonta Leach in camp. Then see if we can still get Igor Olshansky and/or Burress. Then check to see what Cap Casualties are available.

gary
07-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Anyone know how much room is left to sign another player or two?

b0ng
07-29-2011, 10:27 AM

I don't think Davis is the kind of G that Kubiak likes on his line, isn't he of the man-mountain mold and a little on the slow side?

The Pencil Neck
07-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Anyone know how much room is left to sign another player or two?

No one knows. At this point, it's all a mystery.

False Start
07-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Sign Vonta, get another WR, and a DT.

b0ng
07-29-2011, 10:35 AM

That second request is probably going to go unfulfilled unless you get your rocks off on UDFA's.

ATRAIN
07-29-2011, 10:35 AM

This

gary
07-29-2011, 10:36 AM
No one knows. At this point, it's all a mystery.
I am just wondering if they are done or not with free agency.

False Start
07-29-2011, 10:38 AM
That second request is probably going to go unfulfilled unless you get your rocks off on UDFA's.

True, but it would be nice, and make me feel a whole hell of a lot better having a better receiver opposite AJ. I still just cant get on the Jacoby bandwagon. I know it probably wont happen, but I can dream, lol.

DX-TEX
07-29-2011, 10:47 AM
@LanceZierleinLance Zierlein
Just got a text from someone close to Shane Lechler who says he is hearing the Texans could potentially look to deal Okoye for Lechler.

8 minutes agovia TweetDeck

Lechler for Okoye? Oh yeah!!:spin:

b0ng
07-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Just got a text from someone close to Shane Lechler who says he is hearing the Texans could potentially look to deal Okoye for Lechler.

I can't imagine that would actually happen.

aussie_texan
07-29-2011, 10:54 AM

wasn't there a report a few months ago that lechler would be possibly coming to houston, i think someone on the chron website sourced it either mcclain or soloman.

he has a pretty big contract though something like 12mil over 4 years since 09

DX-TEX

Its Al Davis. /comments

leebigeztx
If the texans are serious about playing mario at olb, jamaal anderson would fit gret at 5 tech replacing smith. He plays the run well, he fits the mold of a 5 technique in a 3-4.

aussie_texan
07-29-2011, 11:01 AM
http://blog.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2011/01/texans-should-make-offer-to-bring-one-of-our-own-home/

this was the article i was talking about. its just a suggest though

badboy
07-29-2011, 11:07 AM

Lechler for Okoye? Oh yeah!!:spin:This is what has been going on for Lechler. Article indicates he could be worth a first round. Had a very good 2010 season and is 34 YOA.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/564325-shane-lechler-may-not-be-an-oakland-raider-for-much-longer

Errant Hothy
07-29-2011, 11:10 AM

If we could convince Al Davis that Okoye runs the fast 40 on any DT in the NFL, Al would break his hip trying to get the trade done as fast as he could.

b0ng
07-29-2011, 11:12 AM
If we could convince Al Davis that Okoye runs the fast 40 on any DT in the NFL, Al would break his hip trying to get the trade done as fast as he could.

http://i.imgur.com/TqvmA.jpg

Doppelganger
07-29-2011, 11:13 AM
This is what has been going on for Lechler. Article indicates he could be worth a first round. Had a very good 2010 season and is 34 YOA.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/564325-shane-lechler-may-not-be-an-oakland-raider-for-much-longer

Punters are not worth first round picks. Kickers are not worth first rounders.

Lechler is 34 and should be fine for another 4-5 seasons. Okoye is young and is a solid run defender with passrushing upside and potential. I would trade Okoye for Lechler and a 5th round pick.

Jackie Chiles
07-29-2011, 11:19 AM

Lechler is 34 and should be fine for another 4-5 seasons. Okoye is young and is a solid run defender with passrushing upside and potential. I would trade Okoye for Lechler and a 5th round pick.

I would trade Okoye and a 5th for Shane Lechler.

badboy
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM

Lechler is 34 and should be fine for another 4-5 seasons. Okoye is young and is a solid run defender with passrushing upside and potential. I would trade Okoye for Lechler and a 5th round pick.I was not saying he is worth a 1st round pick just giving bullet points in the article. I'd trade Okoye who will not be on the roster for a need player with Lechler's stats straight up. Previous posters on Okoye say we probably could get a sixth.

The1ApplePie
07-29-2011, 11:25 AM
An OLB like Manny Lawson or Roth would be a good pick up

Not sure why the Texans haven't signed Marcus Spears either

DX-TEX
07-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Okoye, Slaton and D Anderson for Lechler.

Brandon420tx
07-29-2011, 11:36 AM
An OLB like Manny Lawson or Roth would be a good pick up

Not sure why the Texans haven't signed Marcus Spears either

Well, rumor is Spears' play has gone steadily down hill as his career has progressed. Bowen played better than him last year (and was signed to a big contract by the skins)

pirbroke
07-29-2011, 11:41 AM

You just scared the crap out of me.

fiasco west
07-29-2011, 11:48 AM
I wish the Texans had a real insider instead of Mcclain. At least then we'd get rumors of what they were doing or who they were planning to go after.

The Pencil Neck
07-29-2011, 11:48 AM

No way.

That has to be a joke.

I would take that deal in a second and throw DA in as spice.

Hervoyel
07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm pretty much thinking that after Joseph & Manning I'm satisfied. Anything else at this point would be gravy.

Not that I'd turn down some gravy.

I consider this free agency period "bueno".

Ole Miss Texan
07-29-2011, 01:56 PM
What are peoples' thoughts about possibly adding Michael Jenkins at WR? He got released from the Falcons. Never has had a truly standout year but could be a decent pick up if it doesn't cost too much. Great size and is quick.

What good ILBs might be available? Have the Packers released Nick Barnett?

DX-TEX
07-29-2011, 02:12 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/29/five-teams-on-the-trail-of-vonta-leach/#respond

Posted by Mike Florio on July 29, 2011, 2:03 PM EDT
Getty ImagesThough the Texans are trying to shore up a defense that was almost bad enough to get everyone fired in 2010, they’ve got a fairly important guy on offense whom they would like to keep.

Fullback Vonta Leach.

They’re trying to re-sign the free agent, but other teams are involved. According to Mark Berman of FOX 26 in Houston, the Cowboys, Ravens, Broncos, and Giants are in the mix, too.

Leach’s agent, Ralph Vitolo, would name no team beyond the Texans. “There are multiple teams expressing interest in Vonta,” Vitolo told Berman. “We are still hopeful Vonta can return to the Texans, if at all possible.”

The seven-year veteran was a first-time Pro Bowler and a first-time All Pro in 2010, thanks to his efforts to pave the way for tailback Arian Foster, the NFL rushing champion last season.

Love the guy but I hope we do not overpay.

The Pencil Neck
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
What are peoples' thoughts about possibly adding Michael Jenkins at WR? He got released from the Falcons. Never has had a truly standout year but could be a decent pick up if it doesn't cost too much. Great size and is quick.

What good ILBs might be available? Have the Packers released Nick Barnett?

Nick Barnett was released and I'd like to see him in Steel Blue. There are some other good ILBs on the market. Burnett and Cooper from the Chargers (although Cooper is old.) There's also Kirk Morrison... I don't know how he fits in a 3-4, he's more of a thumper, but it would be cool to steal him away from the Jags. :)

Don't know enough about Jenkins to say one way or another. Schaub should know him from their days in Atlanta together. I think I'd prefer Steve Smith, Burress, or maybe James Jones.

Nawzer
07-29-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm worried about DeMeco Ryans coming back from surgery. I don't think he'll be as effective he was in the past. Even before he was injured last season, he wasn't exactly playing his best football. And with the type of injury he suffered it could be a year before he is fully fit. What do we have besides Daryl Sharpton at that spot? Maybe we don't have to get Nick Barnett, but getting another MLB would be an area I would look into unless the Texans are completely comfortable with the current lbs they have.

gary
07-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I'd like to sign Barnett but don't think we will.

badboy
07-29-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm worried about DeMeco Ryans coming back from surgery. I don't think he'll be as effective he was in the past. Even before he was injured last season, he wasn't exactly playing his best football. And with the type of injury he suffered it could be a year before he is fully fit. What do we have besides Daryl Sharpton at that spot? Maybe we don't have to get Nick Barnett, but getting another MLB would be an area I would look into unless the Texans are completely comfortable with the current lbs they have.The Texans plan (draft and free agency) should be aware of this.

TheMatrix31
07-29-2011, 02:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/29/five-teams-on-the-trail-of-vonta-leach/#respond

Love the guy but I hope we do not overpay.

Obviously you don't break the bank, but I think we need to overpay to keep him. Gotta do it.

Wolf
07-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Greg_A_Bedard Greg A. Bedard
by AdamSchefter
Patriots released OLB Tully Banta-Cain, CB Tony Carter, TE Alge Crumpler, T Nick Kaczur, DL Marcus Stroud, DL Ty Warren, LB Ryan Coulson

was he on a 3-4 ? I honestly can't remember where he played on the D-line?

Errant Hothy
07-29-2011, 03:20 PM
was he on a 3-4 ? I honestly can't remember where he played on the D-line?

Wasn't he Henderson's partner in JAX?

Ty Warren is a name on that list I would be interested in for depth.

ChampionTexan
07-29-2011, 03:22 PM

Agreed!

Maybe we'll have a little advantage since he's an Aggie.

coon
07-29-2011, 03:24 PM
I read in the Texans section of the Rockets mb Clutchfans.net that we still have 9 to 12 mill left. I would love to add one more lower tier corner like Rodgers or Grimes maybe even Clements. Lock up Leach. Then bring in Barnett. He is good insurance for all linebacker spots. If Demeco isn't healthy he can fit right in. If something goes wrong with one of our outside linebackers we can slide Cush outside and let Barnett fill in. I don't think we need any wr we always say we need a number 2 but our offense is always good. Plus i really like the udfa guys Tolliver and Maehl.

Wolf
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
I read in the Texans section of the Rockets mb Clutchfans.net that we still have 9 to 12 mill left. I would love to add one more lower tier corner like Rodgers or Grimes maybe even Clements. Lock up Leach. Then bring in Barnett. He is good insurance for all linebacker spots. If Demeco isn't healthy he can fit right in. If something goes wrong with one of our outside linebackers we can slide Cush outside and let Barnett fill in. I don't think we need any wr we always say we need a number 2 but our offense is always good. Plus i really like the udfa guys Tolliver and Maehl.

I have heard that number thrown out too, but I wonder how much it is going to take to sign our draft picks? with the new system (I know not 9 million but just wondering)

TheMatrix31
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
I dont know if I buy that 9-12 mil left number, but I ain't no capologist.

DX-TEX
07-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I dont know if I buy that 9-12 mil left number, but I ain't no capologist.

Someone here earlier thought it was money the FO put to the side to sign ASO.

El Tejano
07-29-2011, 03:47 PM
How about DT Tony Brown from Tennessee?

silvrhand
07-29-2011, 03:59 PM
I would have love to seen Sproles come in for us, but he's off the chart now. Honestly give me a good special teams player that will get us more than 5 yard returns on kickoffs, and handle punt returns.

Other than that I would have rather seen JJ not get resigned and us go after someone like Rice/TO/RW, etc, etc.. another big target in the red zone for us. Hopefully Matt this year won't be throwing ducks down the field and we actually will have big plays for touchdowns this year.

leebigeztx
07-29-2011, 06:00 PM
Wasn't he Henderson's partner in JAX?

Ty is better than any lineman not named mario on the the texans. They should sign him and cut smith imo.

badboy
07-29-2011, 06:06 PM
I'd like for the Texans to announce that they have signed Asomugha to a contract.

Texas T
07-29-2011, 06:26 PM
I'd like for the Texans to announce that they have signed Asomugha to a contract.

To late he's an Eagle now but that means they probably will have to release Samuel...that might be nice...

badboy
07-29-2011, 06:43 PM
To late he's an Eagle now but that means they probably will have to release Samuel...that might be nice...Yeah, I started a thread but mods must have merged it somewhere, maybe I'll find it.

b0ng
07-29-2011, 07:26 PM
Ty is better than any lineman not named mario on the the texans. They should sign him and cut smith imo.

Why cut Smith unless he has regressed past the back-ups?

thetexanator
07-29-2011, 07:42 PM
so you guys dont think earl mitchell is going to be our nt like phillips was claiming. i seriously believed he was going to roll with mitchell as the starter. would be great if we do get a NT.

gary
07-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Is there still a good NT out there?

Jackie Chiles
07-29-2011, 07:54 PM
so you guys dont think earl mitchell is going to be our nt like phillips was claiming. i seriously believed he was going to roll with mitchell as the starter. would be great if we do get a NT.

I still have faith in Mitchell, cannot wait to see him in some preseason action.

DX-TEX
07-29-2011, 08:05 PM
I wonder if any of the bigger names left are looking saying "Damn! Texans aint playing anymore. I want in on that!"

steelbtexan
07-29-2011, 08:22 PM
I would have love to seen Sproles come in for us, but he's off the chart now. Honestly give me a good special teams player that will get us more than 5 yard returns on kickoffs, and handle punt returns.

Other than that I would have rather seen JJ not get resigned and us go after someone like Rice/TO/RW, etc, etc.. another big target in the red zone for us. Hopefully Matt this year won't be throwing ducks down the field and we actually will have big plays for touchdowns this year.

Manning is the guy you're looking for, he's a great KR/PR.

He returned KO's for Hester in 2009 when they moved Hester to WR.

Manning has world class speed. But as a S he has brain farts from time to time. Watch tape of the 2009 Bears vs Texans game. Hopefully V.Joseph can coach this out of him. Manning has the talent.

ObsiWan
07-29-2011, 08:29 PM
To late he's an Eagle now but that means they probably will have to release Samuel...that might be nice...

wonder what they'd take for him...?
...and how his skills would fit our defense
:thinking:

b0ng
07-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Manning is the guy you're looking for, he's a great KR/PR.

He returned KO's for Hester in 2009 when they moved Hester to WR.

Manning has world class speed. But as a S he has brain farts from time to time. Watch tape of the 2009 Bears vs Texans game. Hopefully V.Joseph can coach this out of him. Manning has the talent.

2010 was a very very good year for Manning. He certainly has been prone to look great on one play and then get torched on the next but apparently last year he put a lot of it together and had a very solid season.

c10x
07-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Is there still a good NT out there?

Franklin from the 9ers. Thats it though.

I suspect we'll see some more depth along the DL and LB areas. No more big names though. Just a guess.

mussop
07-29-2011, 09:34 PM

Holy Sh!t!!!!! Talk about tales from the crypt.

Norg
07-29-2011, 09:47 PM
We need

- A New Punter

- ILB Depth

- DT Depth

- a FUllback for training camp

- WR depth

and thats about it

Maybe a QB of teh Future or a Big name Vet but yeah im sure ill get heat on this one but i guess Matt Lineart is our guy #2

BullNation4Life
07-29-2011, 11:16 PM
What about Marion Barber as a 1-2 punch for Foster. Maybe his brother can talk him into coming here to spell Foster....

mariowillshine15
07-29-2011, 11:17 PM
What about Marion Barber as a 1-2 punch for Foster. Maybe his brother can talk him into coming here to spell Foster....

Already re-signed Ward and have Tate coming back.

Barber looked done last year. No explosion.

The Pencil Neck
07-29-2011, 11:22 PM

No way.

BullNation4Life
07-29-2011, 11:26 PM
Already re-signed Ward and have Tate coming back.

Barber looked done last year. No explosion.

Holy sh*tballs, totally forgot about Tate. I retract this statement sir....

totally forgot about that cat...

badboy
07-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Holy sh*tballs, totally forgot about Tate. I retract this statement sir....

totally forgot about that cat...Yep, Foster Ward and Tate offer a very strong corps. Surprised nothing on Slaton yet.

mariowillshine15
07-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Yep, Foster Ward and Tate offer a very strong corps. Surprised nothing on Slaton yet.

I'm guessing he gets the preseason showcase. Try to drive up his value.

BullNation4Life
07-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Yep, Foster Ward and Tate offer a very strong corps. Surprised nothing on Slaton yet.

They have been trying to dump Slaton on Washington but Shanny won't bite....

so the rumors go....

badboy
07-30-2011, 12:04 AM
They have been trying to dump Slaton on Washington but Shanny won't bite....

so the rumors go....Had not heard that? How about to the team that lost Sproles?

ObsiWan
07-30-2011, 08:54 AM

Sign Warren and put him in the rotation. No need to cut Smith.

GuerillaBlack
07-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Really want another CB. We have enough for Cromartie. Get him, resign Leach, get some ILB depth, and call it an offseason.

TheMatrix31
07-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Has it been said how much room we have left?

I'd love Grimes and Leach.

LikeMike
07-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Why not try to go the Jets why and trade for Samuel? Wasn`t he also a FS at one point? Perhaps a combination of Okoye, Slaton and a 3d rounder could do the trick... and we`d turn a worst pass defense into a Top5-10 pass defense.

Other than that I´d like to see a DT, some LB depth, some O-Line depth and Leach.

DX-TEX
07-30-2011, 11:45 AM
5 minutes ago - by brandon williams - ex-pat de expresses interesting in joining texans
de ty warren, who was released by the patriots, has expressed an interest in playing with either the texans or cowboys, and is willing to play for the veteran's minimum. The nine-year veteran is a native of bryan, texas, which is less than two hours away from houston. Texans rapidreports

do it rick!! Pay the man!!!

gary
07-30-2011, 11:50 AM
I'd sign Warren but he failed his physical with the Pats.

DX-TEX
07-30-2011, 11:56 AM

For vet minimum or slightly more it would be worth the risk. Add a clause in the contract with a stipulation that he could make more when he is in condition by a certain date.

Also he passed his physical but failed his conditioning test.

gary
07-30-2011, 12:00 PM
For vet minimum or slightly more it would be worth the risk. Add a clause in the contract with a stipulation that he could make more when he is in condition by a certain date.

Also he passed his physical but failed his conditioning test.He would be a nice pickup if this is the year for Houston to finally make some hey.

The Pencil Neck
07-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Has it been said how much room we have left?

I'd love Grimes and Leach.

Grimes is a 1st round tendered RFA.

He's not really on the market.

gary
07-30-2011, 12:59 PM
Grimes is going to stay put.

Allstar
07-30-2011, 01:39 PM
I wonder if people really watch the games, cut Smith? :kubepalm:

b0ng
07-30-2011, 01:44 PM

It's minutia, you can still bring him in for a look and not be risking your salary cap.

wildroot
07-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Why not try to go the Jets why and trade for Samuel? Wasn`t he also a FS at one point? Perhaps a combination of Okoye, Slaton and a 3d rounder could do the trick... and we`d turn a worst pass defense into a Top5-10 pass defense.

Other than that I´d like to see a DT, some LB depth, some O-Line depth and Leach.

I'm sure the Jets would take whatever we want to give for Samuels, but I think he's on the Eagles team.

LikeMike
07-30-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm sure the Jets would take whatever we want to give for Samuels, but I think he's on the Eagles team.

My second "why" was supposed to be a "way" - I was talking about going the 2 Pro-Bowl CBs way that they were trying to do...

gary
07-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Pretty slow day so far.

Allstar
07-30-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm praying to the football gods that the Abreu Franklin market keeps drying up and we get snag him on the cheaps.