PDA

View Full Version : Amobi allowed to seek a trade

Errant Hothy
07-28-2011, 03:36 PM
caplannfl Adam Caplan
by LanceZierlein
According to league sources, the agents for Houston Texans DT Amobi Okoye have been given permission to seek a trade.

Shocking, I know.

Think it will happen?

J_R
07-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Trade Anderson and Okoye for 5th. Not sure anyone will bite though.

Hervoyel
Isn't this almost always the announcement that precedes a Texans players release. He'll get a day, maybe two and then when nobody steps forward to offer a pick or player for him (or "tree-fitty" and a ham sammich) then he gets released.

hobie
Shocking, I know.

Think it will happen?

A trade... I would love that !!

Big Lou
Shocking, I know.

Think it will happen?

Beat me to it!

Señor Stan
Shocking, I know.

Think it will happen?

Between this and the DA rumors me thinks a large $ signing may be afoot...

texanmojo
Shocking, I know.

Think it will happen?

gotta make room for a certain player...

Big Lou
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Shocking, I know.

Think it will happen?

Send him to San Diego for a 6th, they seem to like our Defensive Sloppy Seconds.

powerfuldragon
07-28-2011, 03:44 PM
wade's cleaning up shop

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 03:47 PM
They need to stop.

31 GMs are about to bust a spleen. If they throw Antuan Molden's name out there, I think Goodell is going to have to step in.

beerlover
07-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Tennessee or Philadelphia. Then watch him flourish with decent coaching.

Ole Miss Texan
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
caplannfl Adam Caplan
by LanceZierlein
According to league sources, the agents for Houston Texans DT Amobi Okoye have been given permission to seek a trade.

Patriots gave up their 5th to get Haynsworth. Maybe they'd like our 5th if they take Okoye off our hands?

Honoring Earl 34
07-28-2011, 03:55 PM
This is like going to a garage sale and seeing junk nobody wants . The Texans should be on hoarders .

phantom17
07-28-2011, 04:03 PM
wade's cleaning up shop

I likes!:thisbig:

Ole Miss Texan
07-28-2011, 04:04 PM
If I'm a 4-3 team I'm thinking to myself, "Okay, at the very least/worst what do we have with Okoye?" Personally, I think Okoye is a good backup and decent guy to have in a rotation on the DL. Maybe he has room to develop, but at the very least he's a quality back up. If you're 6th round pick or so turns out to be a quality back up it's probably a good selection... or maybe that 6th rounder gets cut before the season. Point is, Okoye is probably better than a DT you might find that late - not a bad pick up. He's young, he's not banged up. Why not!?

Shaft75
07-28-2011, 04:05 PM
doot doot doot Another bust bites the dust...

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
If I'm a 4-3 team I'm thinking to myself, "Okay, at the very least/worst what do we have with Okoye?" Personally, I think Okoye is a good backup and decent guy to have in a rotation on the DL. Maybe he has room to develop, but at the very least he's a quality back up. If you're 6th round pick or so turns out to be a quality back up it's probably a good selection... or maybe that 6th rounder gets cut before the season. Point is, Okoye is probably better than a DT you might find that late - not a bad pick up. He's young, he's not banged up. Why not!?

I'd actually like to see Okoye in a 3-4

I know he isn't proto-typical size, but i'm thinking he would do a better job than Antonio

Section516
07-28-2011, 04:18 PM
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
The Texans are trying to trade DT Amobi Okoye, who at 24, is an interesting prospect for 4-3 teams. He didn't fit in Hou 3-4

He didn't do much in our 4-3 as well!

Hervoyel
07-28-2011, 04:20 PM
I'd actually like to see Okoye in a 3-4

I know he isn't proto-typical size, but i'm thinking he would do a better job than Antonio

Ditto. Call it "morbid curiosity" if you like but I feel the same way.

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2011, 04:22 PM
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
The Texans are trying to trade DT Amobi Okoye, who at 24, is an interesting prospect for 4-3 teams. He didn't fit in Hou 3-4

He didn't do much in our 4-3 as well!

Sssshhhhhh...

El Tejano
07-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Sssshhhhhh...

Just about to say. If anything we need to push that he didn't fit the new scheme.

I don't think this says alot for Okoye but I'm wondering how much it says for Earl Mitchell.

FO is showing some nads this off season.

Of course this means that Okoye now goes to Tennessee and resurrects his career to Hall of Fame numbers now. Because that's the Houston Texan's way

fiasco west
07-28-2011, 04:29 PM
Good. This guy frustrates me about as much as the secondary.

The1ApplePie
07-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Considering Revis, Willis, and Beason went right after him, is Amobi the worst pick in Texans history?

Jackie Chiles
07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Considering Revis, Willis, and Beason went right after him, is Amobi the worst pick in Texans history?

I can think of a worse one....

fiasco west
07-28-2011, 04:33 PM

Mittens...

hobie
07-28-2011, 04:34 PM
I can think of a worse one....

Was is career highlight winning his first ever pro game?

Ole Miss Texan
07-28-2011, 04:48 PM

Honestly I hate the Travis Johnson and Jason Babin fiascos worse.

badboy
07-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Considering Revis, Willis, and Beason went right after him, is Amobi the worst pick in Texans history?Nope TJ Johnson left tackle.

TimeKiller
07-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Well if they got a 6th for fatass Travis Johnson.....at least this dude tries. He just sucks. Uh....I mean he's awesome and getting him for a 6th would be a steal.......yes.....steal.....

2slik4u
07-28-2011, 04:58 PM
Just about to say. If anything we need to push that he didn't fit the new scheme.

I don't think this says alot for Okoye but I'm wondering how much it says for Earl Mitchell.

FO is showing some nads this off season.

Of course this means that Okoye now goes to Tennessee and resurrects his career to Hall of Fame numbers now. Because that's the Houston Texan's way

Lets not jump ahead of ourselves......still havent signed one difference maker yet...

2slik4u
07-28-2011, 04:59 PM
Mittens...

Thats MR. Mittens....

Nawzer
07-28-2011, 04:59 PM
A 5th for Amobi??? No way. Vikes got McNabb for a 6th round and Haynesworth was worth a 5th round. I don't think Amobi has any trade value. Maybe a 6th rounder at best. I think the Texans will release him outright if they can't trade him. Hopefully I'm wrong and sometime does offer a 5th rounder for him.

Marcus
07-28-2011, 05:00 PM

Not even close.

Sad I know. Defensive linemen taken in the early first round bust all the time. But let's not get carried away with any revisionist history here, OK? Yeah, if we knew then what we know now, of course Revis or Willis would have been the obvious picks, and Okoye probably would have gone undrafted.

But we didn't know all of that then, did we?

Man! Just think what a crap shoot those drafts would be, if it weren't for all those crystal balls. :heh:

76Texan
07-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Ditto. Call it "morbid curiosity" if you like but I feel the same way.

Same here.
I would have liked to see which one can play better as a 34 DE.

Could this a money thing as well?

I think Okoye have another year on his contract (2012) that he holds the option.
Perhaps, the Texans would rather accomodate a trade rather than let Okoye have the say on his last year of the contract in 2012.
Could it be that the Texans wants him to restructure his contract, but his agents advise him against it?

Does anybody knows about the numbers regarding his contract and what it all means?

I heard that he's due to make $2.9M this year (or is it his cap value?)

This is what I found on Scout.com about his contract:

Okoye's agents Darin Morgan and Ian Greengross weren't available to confirm the details but a league source tells us that Okoye’s contract contains $12.785 million in guarantees, representing a 12.6% increase from last year, with a total maximum package of $17.6 million. The $12.785 guarantee is impressive in that it is comparable to the guarantee given last year to the 10th pick, Matt Leinart, who signed a longer deal (six years) and presumably got a “quarterback premium.”

As pointed out previously, if Okoye voids the final year of his deal, he would become an unrestricted free agent at just 24 years old (2012).

The1ApplePie
07-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Not even close.

Sad I know. Defensive linemen taken in the early first round bust all the time. But let's not get carried away with any revisionist history here, OK? Yeah, if we knew then what we know now, of course Revis or Willis would have been the obvious picks, and Okoye probably would have gone undrafted.

Man! Just think what a crap shoot those drafts would be, if it weren't for all those crystal balls. :heh:

It has been speculated the Kubes was really high on Ted Ginn, but Miami drafted him before the Texans

Wow

I was a Willis lover back in the day, simply because the dude was a freak.

Ole Miss Texan
07-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Ditto, but there weren't many of us on the boards. If you weren't careful you'd get blasted for suggesting we take Willis because of Demeco. I liked Revis because of his added return abilities but Leon Hall was talked about the most around here as far as Corners go. It's too easy to go back with hindsight but Willis and Revis were never discussed at length around here. Okoye had the most support around here at the time.

76Texan
07-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Ditto, but there weren't many of us on the boards. If you weren't careful you'd get blasted for suggesting we take Willis because of Demeco. I liked Revis because of his added return abilities but Leon Hall was talked about the most around here as far as Corners go. It's too easy to go back with hindsight but Willis and Revis were never discussed at length around here. Okoye had the most support around here at the time.

I wasn't into the draft much at the time.
All I know is I liked Landry.
When he was off the board, I no longer cared!

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Okoye had the most support around here at the time.

I remember thinking at least the fans would be happy, the Texans picked the guy they wanted.

That didn't last long.

Goatcheese
07-28-2011, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't mind getting a player for him and Slaton. Maybe a SS or a TE.

DocBar
07-28-2011, 06:00 PM
I wouldn't mind getting a player for him and Slaton. Maybe a SS or a TE. That's what we need....another TE.

Goatcheese
07-28-2011, 06:01 PM
That's what we need....another TE.

Maybe 2.

DocBar
07-28-2011, 06:04 PM
Maybe 2.SANTA MARIA!!!!!!:strangle:

keyser
07-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I remember thinking at least the fans would be happy, the Texans picked the guy they wanted.

That didn't last long.

I'll admit it - I was extremely glad that we got Amobi. I thought he was clearly the best player available, and the Texans were amazingly lucky that he fell to them at #10. I have to keep reminding myself of that when I start being too critical of some team's draft choices...

steelbtexan
07-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Mittens...

Ditto

Although OkOye was close.

steelbtexan
07-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Not even close.

Uhhh?

That's what Rick and Gary get paid the big $$$$ for.

This is just another instane of their failure.

Fans shouldn't have as good a draft record as a seasoned GM/HC.

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 06:51 PM
Uhhh?

That's what Rick and Gary get paid the big $$$$ for.

This is just another instane of their failure.

Fans shouldn't have as good a draft record as a seasoned GM/HC.

Yeah & those genius coaches took VY & Reggie Bush....

The point is it is a crap shoot, even for guys who know what they are doing.

welsh texan
07-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah & those genius coaches took VY & Reggie Bush....

The point is it is a crap shoot, even for guys who know what they are doing.

Well assuming Amobi is gone it looks as if those are two top 10 picks who've lasted longer with their team than Okoye has with his. To think he's a less successful pick than Reggie Bush or Vince Young. ughh!

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Well assuming Amobi is gone it looks as if those are two top 10 picks who've lasted longer with their team than Okoye has with his. To think he's a less successful pick than Reggie Bush or Vince Young. ughh!

Both those clubs should have got rid of Vine & Reggie years ago.

They just didn't have the gnads....

Lucky
07-29-2011, 12:30 AM
No team will trade for Okoye and his near $3 million salary. Cut the guy and maybe he can latch on to a 4-3 team as a backup. Really, I could see the guy "retire" at the ripe age of 24 and go back to medical school or law school or whatever he was into. Pre-law, pre-med, what's the difference?

Kaiser Toro
07-29-2011, 12:36 AM
No team will trade for Okoye and his near $3 million salary. Cut the guy and maybe he can latch on to a 4-3 team as a backup. Really, I could see the guy "retire" at the ripe age of 24 and go back to medical school or law school or whatever he was into. Pre-law, pre-med, what's the difference?

Point of Parliamentary Procedure!

GP
07-29-2011, 12:51 AM
Today, I realized a fitting description of Amobi Okoye.

He is a shorter, smarter Travis Johnson.

The end.

Lucky
07-29-2011, 12:58 AM
Point of Parliamentary Procedure!
After all of these free agent signings, you know what we gotta do?

Toga party.

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

thunderkyss
07-29-2011, 01:01 AM
Today, I realized a fitting description of Amobi Okoye.

He is a shorter, smarter Travis Johnson.

The end.

I thought TJ was a baller, a hustler, just didn't have any talent. Amobi was the exact opposite.

Shaft75
07-29-2011, 01:04 PM
Any truth to the rumor about Okoye for Lechler?

DX-TEX
07-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Any truth to the rumor about Okoye for Lechler?

Mike Lombardi shot down Lance when he tweeted that. I still trust Lance more than Lombardi but who knows. Lombardi did work for the Raiders for a long time.

badboy
07-29-2011, 01:09 PM
No team will trade for Okoye and his near $3 million salary. Cut the guy and maybe he can latch on to a 4-3 team as a backup. Really, I could see the guy "retire" at the ripe age of 24 and go back to medical school or law school or whatever he was into. Pre-law, pre-med, what's the difference?Lechlar makes about same as Okoye I think.

Doppelganger
07-29-2011, 01:10 PM
It has been speculated the Kubes was really high on Ted Ginn, but Miami drafted him before the Texans

Wow

I wanted to get Willis or Revis.

1) I would have moved Meco to OLB or have Meco and Willis patrollign the ILB of a 3-4.

2)I thought Revis was a very good prospect and would have been a good CB to compliment Dunta. I kinda whiffed on that one!

El Tejano
07-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Breaking News:

The Houston Texans have allowed permission for Amobi Okoye to seek a trade.

All 31 other NFL teams are now filing complaints against The Texans because Amobi will not stop tying up their phone lines.

76Texan
07-29-2011, 02:27 PM
Breaking News:

All 31 other NFL teams are now filing complaints against The Texans because Amobi will not stop tying up their phone lines.

:spit:

Big Smooth
07-29-2011, 02:46 PM
Breaking News:

:goodpost: