PDA

View Full Version : After Asomugha, Texans...

badboy
07-28-2011, 01:14 PM
I started the Nnamdi Asomugha thread which is still going strong but should be winding up soon after Texans sign him.

What's next? Try to support your post just not throw out a name.

I think SMith will turn to draft picks allow Leach to stew a while. The contracts for these guys should flow quickly. I am really interested in what will be available after what I'll call the "June first" cuts.

Brandon420tx
07-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Dashon goldson

sandman
07-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Smithiak heard there were still some UDFA TE's out there...

DX-TEX
07-28-2011, 01:17 PM
DAMMIT! Youre going to jinx it!

If he isnt signed I am going to personally blame you.

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm hoping for a Safety. Manning, Landry, or on the low end, Goldson or Huff.

I want Leach signed.

And what about our rooks?

Section516
07-28-2011, 01:18 PM
Any of the decent safety help.. Manning, Sens..any of 'em.

Would of loved Mickel or however you spell the former Eagles safety

DocBar
07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm relaxing and having an "after" smoke.

BIG TORO
07-28-2011, 01:24 PM
If they do, Im going to lupe torillas for margaritas and senoritas and Im calling in tommorrow! leaving football alone for a minute!

badboy
07-28-2011, 01:26 PM
DAMMIT! Youre going to jinx it!

If he isnt signed I am going to personally blame you.Silly head you bought the wrong TV. Look out there is a black cat near you! Better throw some salt at a broken mirror or whatever.

nero THE zero
07-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Has Kelly Gregg signed anywhere yet?

I'd be scraping the couch cushions for him.

Thorn
07-28-2011, 01:40 PM
I'd be scraping the couch cushions for him.

Dude! This is a family board!!

Seņor Stan
07-28-2011, 01:42 PM
I started the Nnamdi Asomugha thread which is still going stgrong but shoule be winding up soon after Texan sign him.

I think SMith will turn to draft picks allow Leach to stew a while. The contracts for these guys should flow quickly. I am really interested in what will be available after what I'll call the "June first" cuts.

Leach in no hurry to sign (http://fayobserver.com/articles/2011/07/28/1111385?sac=Sports)

"We're going to take our time. We have to. This could be his last deal,'' Vitolo (Leach's agent) said Wednesday. "I'm hell bent on getting him a higher contract than Leonard Weaver. We won't settle for a whole lot less, unless it's all guaranteed money.''

powerfuldragon
07-28-2011, 01:42 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EXlOl.gif

hobie
07-28-2011, 01:43 PM

Rep !!!

powerfuldragon
07-28-2011, 01:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mD6i0.gif

Marcus
07-28-2011, 02:22 PM
So, does this mean that Aso has already been signed?

It'd better be yes, or you're gonna look like a dip if he goes somewhere else.

Allstar
07-28-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't see the logic in starting this thread.

Big Lou
07-28-2011, 02:26 PM
http://ddeubel.edublogs.org/files/2011/01/horse-cart-759743-1nkbkyx.jpg

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 02:30 PM

I want Leach signed.

Exactly. There is more to this offseason than Aso.

Rick's got a lot of work to do. Rookies, be damned, he's got till Sunday to sign them.

hobie
07-28-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't see the logic in starting this thread.

Like a lot of the logic in the other one ?? :heh:

badboy
07-28-2011, 02:39 PM
So, does this mean that Aso has already been signed?

It'd better be yes, or you're gonna look like a dip if he goes somewhere else.No it means there is more to talk about as the Nnamdi saga comes to a close. If you can only focus on one thing at a time, go back to my other thread. People can post what they think should be done even if we don't get him.

Hervoyel
07-28-2011, 02:39 PM

I want Leach signed.

For some strange reason I want Huff. I think he's going to be one of those guys who flourishes at his second team.

Ole Miss Texan
07-28-2011, 02:40 PM
It's fairly evident to me that the Texans still view the Safety position as needing upgrading. That would be evidenced by the reported offer to Weddle which probably would have made him the highest paid safety in the league.

I like the idea of Danieal Manning. There are some other guys like Landry that would be real solid. Worse case scenario (besides signing nobody) would be getting Sensabaugh.

No prospect names for Inside Linebacker but I'd like to see us get a decent guy, even if for just depth.

Doesn't sound like we really have any interest in Plaxico, but I've given up all hope and want us to sign anybody that would help. Plaxico and Andre would be UNSTOPPABLE.

Re-sign Leach to Weaver contract. 3 year $11.2M with $6.5M guaranteed was Weaver's last year. Give leach 3 years $11.5M with $7M gtd.

EDIT: This is under the assumption we sign Nnamdi which I'm still holding hope for. If for some reason we don't, then get after Johnathan Joseph and then Cromartie FAASSTT.

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 02:40 PM

So, you're going to go get chicken?

Sounds good to me.

thunderkyss
07-28-2011, 02:42 PM
For some strange reason I want Huff. I think he's going to be one of those guys who flourishes at his second team.

I liked Huff coming out of Texas, but he looked flat out bad last year.

& that's playing with Aso

Marcus
07-28-2011, 03:08 PM
No it means there is more to talk about as the Nnamdi saga comes to a close. If you can only focus on one thing at a time, go back to my other thread. People can post what they think should be done even if we don't get him.

That's perfectly fine, but YOUR thread title gives a misleading impression that Asomugha has already been signed.

badboy
07-28-2011, 03:21 PM
That's perfectly fine, but YOUR thread title gives a misleading impression that Asomugha has already been signed."after Asomugha Texans..." sounds like your allowing your own mind to run away with you. Have you seen anything anywhere saying he signed witrh anybody? The title said what I wanted it to say. After he is off board what do Texans do? Now the thread itself does say I think he will sign with Texans and I do.

The1ApplePie
07-28-2011, 03:35 PM
For depth:

OLB Manny Lawson
NT Alan Branch
DE Marcus Spears
ILB Brandon Siler

Starters:
S Sensabaugh
P Sepulvita
PR/KR/CB Chris Carr

Wouldn't mind these signings

badboy
07-28-2011, 03:46 PM
For depth:

OLB Manny Lawson
NT Alan Branch
DE Marcus Spears
ILB Brandon Siler

Starters:
S Sensabaugh
P Sepulvita
PR/KR/CB Chris Carr

Wouldn't mind these signingsDo you think Phillips is going to sign another DT? He seems to be satisfied with what he has.

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Do you think Phillips is going to sign another DT? He seems to be satisfied with what he has.

I don't trust any coach when he tells me he's satisfied with what he has.

The1ApplePie
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Do you think Phillips is going to sign another DT? He seems to be satisfied with what he has.

I could see him bringing in a few big bodies to camp. You can always cut a vet like Branch for no penalty.

I wouldn't be too suprised in Jamal Williams got a tryout, not that he would make the final roster.

wildroot
07-28-2011, 04:40 PM
IF we sign Aso, KJ is going to get slaughtered on the other side...we need to sign a "good" CB. Not a great one, just someone that can hold down the fort.

mariowillshine15
07-28-2011, 04:55 PM
IF we sign Aso, KJ is going to get slaughtered on the other side...we need to sign a "good" CB. Not a great one, just someone that can hold down the fort.

With Aso on one side you can leave him on an island and direct more help to Jackson's side.

Hardcore Texan
07-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Well this thread ended up being a doozy.

badboy
07-29-2011, 09:17 AM
Although I have not studied either Johnathan Joseph or Manning, I am satisfied based on what I have heard and read recently the job will get done. I prefer safeties that can cover and yet copme up and hit. Our vets Manning and Quin can do both. Keo is very interesting to me and I have not given up on Nolan. Manning has very good speed 4.47 and has quick responses which is important at corner and safety. I would like to see another OLB, OG & punter to compete. Another solid CB vet would be nice.

Allstar
07-29-2011, 11:26 AM
I started the Nnamdi Asomugha thread which is still going strong but should be winding up soon after Texans sign him.

Let this fail jinx thread plunge into obscurity. :wadepalm:

DX-TEX
07-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Let this fail jinx thread plunge into obscurity. :wadepalm:

2000 posts or busts!