PDA

View Full Version : What would your reaction be if the Texans don't sign a cb or safety?

djohn2oo8
07-27-2011, 04:11 PM
???

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 04:12 PM
I would be done with this team. Completely and utterly done.

Ryan
07-27-2011, 04:12 PM
:aggressive::strangle::lion::fingergun::kubepalm:

ensign_lee
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM
Now where are those facepalm smilies....

dalemurphy
07-27-2011, 04:13 PM
I will be excited by the fact that they must have spent big money to get a great DLman and a top level LB too.

Topher
07-27-2011, 04:14 PM
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/emoxcupcakes/shizz%20that%20MOVES/shootself.gif

Yankee_In_TX
07-27-2011, 04:17 PM
http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab4/emoxcupcakes/shizz%20that%20MOVES/shootself.gif

/thread

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 04:18 PM
I'd be ready to lynch Rick Smith.

Getarope.

Dutchrudder
07-27-2011, 04:19 PM
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/Steep_downhill_biker.gif

False Start
07-27-2011, 04:20 PM
I would be very pissed, and finally start to believe all the naysayers. I am as diehard as it gets when it comes to my Texans love, I get fighting mad over my team, lol. Something like that would just push me over the edge and make me not want to get emotionally involved with this team. My level of interest would sink to that of what I have in the Rockets right now, which is pretty much no interest. Lets not go there just yet though.

Rey
07-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Not going to happen, but I'd still watch and hope that a competent d coordinator could field a decent defense and that our offense could put points on the board.

Wolf6151
07-27-2011, 04:21 PM
I'd consider it the usual Texans FA period, where we sign our own backup players and do nothing to make the team better and then tell the fans that was the plan all along to go with inexperienced youth and that we want to build through the draft. Basically the Texans will pump sunshine up our ass.

mariowillshine15
07-27-2011, 04:22 PM
I would be right there rooting for our team every week hoping we can put up the 40 plus needed to win because K-Jax can't guard a cardboard cutout receiver.

Big Lou
07-27-2011, 04:24 PM
???

Rick if that's you testing the waters here is your answer:

We'd be F-ing PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon420tx
07-27-2011, 04:25 PM
When the lockout happened, I decided I wasn't going to buy any NFL gear this year (I had been planning on getting jerseys and other paraphernalia for pretty much the first time, maybe even tickets to a game in Arizona). When the lockout ended I told myself I'd buy stuff if 1 of 2 things happened. A.) Texans singed Nnamdi, and B.) Texans make the playoffs.

I think I'll be waiting awhile to give the NFL my money.

Oh and if the JETS sign Nnamdi I'm going postal at work (figuratively)

Allstar
07-27-2011, 04:26 PM
I'd very shocked. There's no way we don't sign at least a CB or a safety, even if they suck. It's inconceivable to even think that they will trot out the same secondary as last year.

BIG TORO
07-27-2011, 04:29 PM
I'd say kareem better bring some of them fighting chickens to catch up to the wide recievers.

JamesBill
07-27-2011, 04:31 PM
http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad141/cmontaro/Seinfeld%20GIFs/Jerry_ForgetIt.gif

Hardcore Texan
07-27-2011, 04:36 PM
:panic:

Raf
07-27-2011, 04:43 PM
http://operatorchan.org/r/src/r18143_jizz%20in%20my%20pants.gif

DocBar
07-27-2011, 04:45 PM
:choke:

Wolf
07-27-2011, 04:48 PM
depends on who they sign, If they get Aso.. great but if they also miss out on the next tier of players, i will be pissed and then ,over time, it will down grade to disappointed as the preseason goes..

just tired of hearing the hype, I need to see some action on the field and get to the freaking superbowl(not just a playoff)

buddyboy
07-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Probably lay off the message boards for a while...it'd probably get quite ugly around here.

But I'd still root for them every single Sunday regardless.

Nawzer
07-27-2011, 04:54 PM
There are no words in the English language to describe what I would feel like if they don't sign a good cb and a safety.

HuttoKarl
07-27-2011, 04:58 PM
I'd not care one iota about the NFL. It would be that easy for me to leave it.

dream_team
07-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Depends what kind of effort they put into signing one. I can actually see the Texans giving Aso the highest offer, but he kinda drags them along for a couple weeks. In the mean time, guys like Joseph, Cromartie, and Marshall get signed. In the end, Aso takes a lesser deal to play for the Jets.

Can you really blame the Texans for something like that?

If they make a good effort to sign someone, that's all I can really ask for.

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Depends what kind of effort they put into signing one. I can actually see the Texans giving Aso the highest offer, but he kinda drags them along for a couple weeks. In the mean time, guys like Joseph, Cromartie, and Marshall get signed. In the end, Aso takes a lesser deal to play for the Jets.

I can blame them IF they have no back up plan.

Wolf6151
07-27-2011, 05:10 PM

Yes I blame the Texans for something like that, they shouldn't be putting all their eggs in one basket. The Texans should have a plan B & C in the works and be working all fronts at the same time. They should have an offer out to Aso but they should have an offer out to Joseph, Cromartie, and Marshall at the same time.

Doppelganger
07-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Yes I blame the Texans for something like that, they shouldn't be putting all their eggs in one basket. The Texans should have a plan B & C in the works and be working all fronts at the same time. They should have an offer out to Aso but they should have an offer out to Joseph, Cromartie, and Marshall at the same time.

Well, not firm offers. What happens if all 4 say yes. You can't pull back or the agent won't trust you and word will get out that you don't honor offers.

spurstexanstros
07-27-2011, 05:22 PM

Getarope.

?????? ummmm maybe this should be rethought

disaacks3
07-27-2011, 05:25 PM
I would be done with this team. Completely and utterly done. Yep, I'd put the tickets up for sale...if the team doesn't care about themselves, why should I?

http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad141/cmontaro/Seinfeld%20GIFs/Jerry_ForgetIt.gif Yep.

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 05:26 PM
?????? ummmm maybe this should be rethought

Nope ... Its meant to show my displeasure with his actions .... nothing more , nothing less - If you want to read more into it than that ..... you are being silly.

He failed to aquire a veteran presence at CB last season , this season they have cut both starting safeties .... If they dont upgrade those positions ....He needs to find a job selling used cars.

Norg
07-27-2011, 05:36 PM
It's not going to happen but maybe we opt to sign a stud linebacker and a stud d line men

SteveSlaton20
07-27-2011, 05:39 PM
oh, we'll sign a CB/S. The question is, who will we sign? Aso/JJ/etc, or some crappy players who probably isn't good enough to be a 2nd stringer, let alone a first stringer.

CloakNNNdagger
07-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh, don't worry, we'll get a CB alright.

http://www.beerwestmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/large_slug1.jpg

nero THE zero
07-27-2011, 05:45 PM

Getarope.

I don't think you can say that.

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't think you can say that.

Obviuously the robot censor thinks different :ahhaha:

nero THE zero
07-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Nope ... Its meant to show my displeasure with his actions .... nothing more , nothing less - If you want to read more into it than that ..... you are being silly.

He failed to aquire a veteran presence at CB last season , this season they have cut both starting safeties .... If they dont upgrade those positions ....He needs to find a job selling used cars.

There are a million ways to literally and/or figuratively "show... displeasure with his actions."

Threatening to hang a black man, even metaphorically, is probably the poorest choice of them all.

texanhead08
07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
I would be pissed but I am not going to let this team **** up my fall this year.

Coogs to bust BCS !!

MightyTExan
07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1754601/81700181.gif

fiasco west
07-27-2011, 05:56 PM
I'll be pissed.

But you know what I'd still be a fan of the team. Yeah they have been bad for the past decade and i've been there with them every year. If Saints, Lions, Bengals, and Browns fans can put up with bad teams for decade after decade than I can too.

b0ng
07-27-2011, 06:03 PM
http://operatorchan.org/r/src/r18143_jizz%20in%20my%20pants.gif

You'd jizz in your pants?

Allstar
07-27-2011, 06:07 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/1754601/81700181.gif

Winner right here ^^^^^^^^

Maddict5
07-27-2011, 06:12 PM
c'mon guys.. they're chasing every cb & s candidate out there starting at the top & working down so you know we're gonna get somebody at both spots... just be prepared for a cromartie/carr upgrade instead of an asomugha superstar cos we were a 6-10 team & houston isnt exact every FA's dream destination

Ole Miss Texan
07-27-2011, 06:15 PM
I can't fathom us not signing a veteran corner.

Grams
07-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Upset, but at the end of the day it will make no difference.

I am a fan. The Texans are my team - good, bad or anywhere in-between.
If they get really bad, I may not watch all the games, but will still be a fan.
I may *****, moan, groan and complain, but will still be a fan.

Allstar
07-27-2011, 06:25 PM
c'mon guys.. they're chasing every cb & s candidate out there starting at the top & working down so you know we're gonna get somebody at both spots... just be prepared for a cromartie/carr upgrade instead of an asomugha superstar cos we were a 6-10 team & houston isnt exact every FA's dream destination

We know, but for the sake of the thread, what would your reaction be?

Maddict5
07-27-2011, 06:28 PM
fine im starting a 'what would be your reaction if the texans start mat leinart over matt schaub' thread ;)

VTexan
07-27-2011, 06:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/J64V1.png

The Pencil Neck
07-27-2011, 06:48 PM
First, I'd be shocked.

Then I'd be depressed.

Then I'd shake it off and get excited for the season.

Second Honeymoon
07-27-2011, 07:08 PM
well they are going to sign someone at CB and S
whether or not they are coveted and proven is another question altogether.

if they dont sign a CB or Safety (worth a crap) I will just nod my head and move on. it wouldn't surprise me too much because of the way the CBA changed things. lets all hope that it doesn't come to that.

The Texans can sign this guy Nmandi but its gonna be expensive. Salary cap is not a factor because you can spend cash over the cap. They can afford him but do they want to play/pay with the big boys yet. It would be a risky move re:possible injury but other than that what is the problem? We have overpaid for people before. Many times. Why not someone who is blue chip.

I think he will end up on Jets or Cowboys but hopefully Smith makes them pay out the arse for him. Just keep raising and calling till you can't call no more. Then fold and look to the 2nd tier for help (newman, clement, marshall, rodgers, etc.)

smell the glove
07-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Obviuously the robot censor thinks different :ahhaha:

Well it's also obvious that your are a cwunt or you don't know why it's in bad form to call for the hanging of a black dude just because he sucks at his job. If that were the criteria for one, we would run out of rope really fast.

JamesBill
07-27-2011, 08:10 PM
you don't know why it's in bad form to call for the hanging of a black dude just because he sucks at his job. If that were the criteria for one, we would run out of rope really fast.

Are you saying black people are generally not good at their jobs?:kitten:

spurstexanstros
07-27-2011, 08:13 PM

Do we know that? I am afraid that we will see the PC and Smithiak will proudly state they had other needs to address, like a the pressing need for dlineman and tight ends...

FirstTexansFan
07-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Well it's also obvious that your are a cwunt or you don't know why it's in bad form to call for the hanging of a black dude just because he sucks at his job. If that were the criteria for one, we would run out of rope really fast.

Only six posts, and already calling people names? Someone send him back to the main boards, we're civil here, and use spell check, even on bad words :)

spurstexanstros
07-27-2011, 08:22 PM

post made me cringe..wasnt trying to start trouble just..not good choice of imagery
There are a million ways to literally and/or figuratively "show... displeasure with his actions."

Threatening to hang a black man, even metaphorically, is probably the poorest choice of them all.

what he said..movin on...Im sure corrosion wasnt intending racial thing..just made me cringe. of course we all say things that dont come out right

<----does it alot.

movin on

Texecutioner
07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
They'll sign a CB and a safety probably, but will they be big difference makers? Probably not. It will be a typical off season for the Texans.

Hervoyel
07-27-2011, 08:49 PM
My reaction would probably be to look down, say "Figures" and then go on about my business. I'm much more matter-of-fact about my disappointment in 2011 than I was a couple of years ago.

That dog in the crate from MightyTExan pretty much sums it up. Nicely done. Rep your way.

Hervoyel
07-27-2011, 08:54 PM

Getting "somebody" doesn't cut it anymore. That's how we got 2002-2010 handed to us. Running around looking for the right price. Making sure we didn't make any mistakes or overspend. We can accumulate mid-range "followers" and bargain free-agents with the best of them. Problem is you don't win with those guys but without leadership and talent (preferably in the same body(s).

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 08:58 PM

Who brought race into this .... certainly not me. Its all about performance.

I dont take race into consideration ... You might , I see every man as just that , a man. You get asshurt over that .... I feel sorry for you.

DexmanC
07-27-2011, 09:01 PM
My reaction would be...

"Meh." "Kubiak should've been fired 3 years ago. What's new?"

ArlingtonTexan
07-27-2011, 09:04 PM
My reaction would be...

"Meh." "Kubiak should've been fired 3 years ago. What's new?"

I have already meh since we have basically re-signed 4 non-starters, so not signing a bi name wuld be par for the course.

BigBull17
07-27-2011, 09:08 PM
First, I'd be shocked.

Then I'd be depressed.

Then I'd shake it off and get excited for the season.

I would cheer like hell for them, and shout my anger everytime a buster receiver runs by a falling Kareem Jackson.

HTown2ATX
07-27-2011, 09:42 PM
The better question would be what would our reactions be if the Texans actually made a splash for once.

That would be a reaction. As of now the Texans have beaten most of us into the reality of the $5 Wal-Mart bargain bin of FA signings...which is par for the course. UNfortunately I lost my rose colored glasses a long time ago and was finally beaten into submission last year.

So, signing players named XXXXinsertmediocreplayerhereXXXX would just get a meh out of me. Same ole shit, get ready for a new year to wait until next year....

Not saying that will happen, and I hope not, but that is the track record so far.

Corrosion
07-27-2011, 09:48 PM
The better question would be what would our reactions be if the Texans actually made a splash for once.

That would be a reaction. As of now the Texans have beaten most of us into the reality of the $5 Wal-Mart bargain bin of FA signings...which is par for the course. UNfortunately I lost my rose colored glasses a long time ago and was finally beaten into submission last year.

So, signing players named XXXXinsertmediocreplayerhereXXXX would just get a meh out of me. Same ole shit, get ready for a new year to wait until next year....

Not saying that will happen, and I hope not, but that is the track record so far.

I'd take Rick Smith to the (o)(o) bar with me and TB ...... Hurry , someone over react.

steelbtexan
07-27-2011, 10:29 PM
My reaction would be

Man that koolaid must be MM-MM good.

Kaiser Toro
07-27-2011, 10:41 PM
In every season we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy
Don't worry, be happy now

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no CB to make you smile
Don't worry, be happy

by Rick Smith & Club Sunshine

badboy
07-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Well I'd hope Allen starts and gets 6 INTs and play a bit better for us. Then I'd be excited that Brandon Harris will get a lot of time at the other side. I will hope that the new DB coach from SF can re-train KJ to at least be a back up or a safety. I will hope that I am correct that Roc can be better than all of them by end of season if he gets some time on field. I also think McMannis will develop. I will be pleased when Quin becomes the solid FS I know he can be. If at least two of these things happen I will most likely be a fan next season, if not the library will be seeing a lot more of me checking out books.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 10:47 PM
In every season we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no CB to make you smile
Don't worry, be happy

by Rick Smith & Club SunshineDude... you need to quit Bogarting...

cuppacoffee
07-27-2011, 11:17 PM

I doubt the poster even thought of RS race when making the remark, I know I didn't until it was brought up.

The same thing could have been said if our GM was white and it would be ok?

Should RS be given more slack because of his color. Criticism goes with the territory.

Damn fast on the draw with the racist card.

:coffee:

Cjeremy635
07-27-2011, 11:31 PM
I doubt the poster even thought of RS race when making the remark, I know I didn't until it was brought up.

The same thing could have been said if our GM was white and it would be ok?

Should RS be given more slack because of his color. Criticism goes with the territory.

Damn fast on the draw with the racist card.

If you give him more slack, the hanging is never going to work. It's simple physics.

:sarcasm:

EllisUnit
07-28-2011, 12:30 AM
I would cheer like hell for them, and shout my anger everytime a buster receiver runs by a falling Kareem Jackson.

:hurrah:

Corrosion
07-28-2011, 12:30 AM
If you give him more slack, the hanging is never going to work. It's simple physics.

Given too much rope .... the head is ripped from the neck. That would be a gruesome way to perish.

steelbtexan
07-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Acoording to 76 KJ was hung out to dry all season by Pollard and Wilson.

dream_team
07-28-2011, 03:42 AM
Well, not firm offers. What happens if all 4 say yes. You can't pull back or the agent won't trust you and word will get out that you don't honor offers.

Correct! You can't give out multiple offers at the same time. You pick your #1 target and go for him as hard as possible and hope he chooses you. If he chooses elsewhere, then you go to Plan B. Hopefully, though, Plan B is still a free agent.

Everyone likes to blast the Texans last season for not having a Plan B and starting young corners. They did have a Plan B, unfortunately it didn't work out. Plan A was to sign Bodden and start him opposite Quin. That didn't work out, so they had to play the rookie earlier than desired.

Plus, during preseason, I didn't hear anyone say they're worried about our secondary. In fact, everyone was raving about KJ and how he's already better than Dunta Robinson.

BigBull17
07-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Acoording to 76 KJ was hung out to dry all season by Pollard and Wilson.

Ah, so I just imagined KJ falling down almost every mother ****ing play. How clumsy can he possibly be? Maybe some of it was on Pollard and Wilson, but they did t sneak banana peels in his way Mario Kart style.

The Pencil Neck
07-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Ah, so I just imagined KJ falling down almost every mother ****ing play. How clumsy can he possibly be? Maybe some of it was on Pollard and Wilson, but they did t sneak banana peels in his way Mario Kart style.

On one of the big plays that people blame on KJ, there was no FS on the field. We were playing with 10 guys and from the way KJ played the coverage, he was expecting help to the inside... from the guy that wasn't on the field.

So.

Yeah.

Wilson and Pollard pretty much greased the field.

cuppacoffee
07-28-2011, 10:23 AM

I keep visualizing a bungee cord being three feet too long.

:thud:

Mr teX
07-28-2011, 10:29 AM
On one of the big plays that people blame on KJ, there was no FS on the field. We were playing with 10 guys and from the way KJ played the coverage, he was expecting help to the inside... from the guy that wasn't on the field.

So.

Yeah.

Wilson and Pollard pretty much greased the field.

what was it like 8 TD's Pollard gave up last year?

Goatcheese
07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Clearly the response would be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTE8qnJ7h8