PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Cuts?

CloakNNNdagger
07-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Evidently, we had such a great team last year, that we can't seem to part with any of them to clear room for the cap for some better players. I guess you can't improve on perfection.:kitten:

El Tejano
07-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Evidently, we had such a great team last year, that we can't seem to part with any of them to clear room for the cap for some better players. I guess you can't improve on perfection.:kitten:

thinking the same thing.

infantrycak
The roster allowed is expanded this off-season. They will only cut folks as they sign folks if cap room is needed.

DX-TEX
McNair/Kubiak/Smith.

the triumvirate of loyalty to "good mannered boys".

Seņor Stan
07-27-2011, 11:31 AM

Pollard and Wilson are gone...still need 90 for camp, so if they don't need the cap space, no sense in cutting anyone.

XI CMURDER IX
07-27-2011, 11:31 AM

I would expect us to drop around 12051 of our 39201 corners within the next couple of days.

Oh, and Nolan too.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 11:40 AM
I would expect us to drop around 12051 of our 39201 corners within the next couple of days.

Oh, and Nolan too.I'll bet ya a dollar no TE's or former TE's will be cut....

Double Barrel
07-27-2011, 11:45 AM

Obviously the only element needed to go from perpetual mediocrity to Super Bowl contender is a good defensive coordinator. :spin:

DX-TEX
07-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Obviously the only element needed to go from perpetual mediocrity to Super Bowl contender is a good defensive coordinator. :spin:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/james-harrison-eyes.jpg

Double Barrel
07-27-2011, 11:58 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/james-harrison-eyes.jpg

lol! yep, good illustration of my attitude, too. :fingergun:

bigbrewster2000
07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I am going to wait til Friday before I start freaking out about who we did or didnt cut. That's also when I will freak out or be happy about who we did/didn't sign in FA

TimeKiller
07-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Still holding onto hope that some idiots is willing to deal a 4th rounder for Steve Slaton?

Is Josh McDaniels working anywhere still? Would he still take David Anderson for a handful of fireworks?

I know how Bob hates to see his boys go without already having a job lined up for them.....

texanhead08
07-27-2011, 01:15 PM
There is no need to cut anyone until a free agent agrees to terms on a contract. If a free agent signs then the Texans know who they need to cut and restructure to get under the cap.

TimeKiller
07-27-2011, 01:27 PM
There is no need to cut anyone until a free agent agrees to terms on a contract. If a free agent signs then the Texans know who they need to cut and restructure to get under the cap.

On the other hand.....

Accountability is nice. You suck? You're cut. No, we don't even want to see you in practice this year. Get your shit, get out Okoye, Slaton, Anderson, Studdard, Jacoby Jones (yeah I know), Brice McCain....geez....

I mean they didn't even wait on Pollard or Wilson. What did Antonio Smith do that was infinitely better? Dance for all 4 meaningless sacks? Yeah, and while I'm on the ninja dance thing NINJAS are supposed to be silent, deadly killing machines aka the exact opposite of A-Smith. So maybe it's sarcasm gone way over my head but Smith can either shut the eff up or not be so ridiculous the next time he doesn't get more sacks than encroachment calls.

bigbrewster2000
07-27-2011, 01:29 PM
On the other hand.....

Accountability is nice. You suck? You're cut. No, we don't even want to see you in practice this year. Get your shit, get out Okoye, Slaton, Anderson, Studdard, Jacoby Jones (yeah I know), Brice McCain....geez....

I mean they didn't even wait on Pollard or Wilson. What did Antonio Smith do that was infinitely better? Dance for all 4 meaningless sacks? Yeah, and while I'm on the ninja dance thing NINJAS are supposed to be silent, deadly killing machines aka the exact opposite of A-Smith. So maybe it's sarcasm gone way over my head but Smith can either shut the eff up or not be so ridiculous the next time he doesn't get more sacks than encroachment calls.

They had nothing to wait on. They were both free agents that they chose not to re-sign

TexanBacker93
07-27-2011, 01:36 PM
On the other hand.....

Studdard's already a free agent. Now, that doesn't mean Kubiak won't try and get him to come back.

sandman
07-27-2011, 02:33 PM
Studdard's already a free agent. Now, that doesn't mean Kubiak won't try and get him to come back.

Kasey said he was from the state of Colorado. Kubes heard the words "Colorado" and "state" and it sealed the deal for him.

The Cush
07-27-2011, 02:43 PM
"We are sticking with our guys because they are fighting so damn hard! (Runs hand through hair) I've never seen a group of good young kids with so much ability have so much pride after giving up 750 yards in the air while letting the opposing team build a 4 touchdown lead within the first 20 minutes of regulation. (Licks finger before fumbling through a Denny's Menu). We're going to keep battling with these guys!!!"

-Coach Kubiak at a press conference held in front of the Tight End lockers at Colorado State

Rey
07-27-2011, 02:45 PM
The roster allowed is expanded this off-season. They will only cut folks as they sign folks if cap room is needed.

That and some of the players potentially on the chopping block may have some trade value.

CloakNNNdagger
07-27-2011, 05:33 PM
I am going to wait til Friday before I start freaking out about who we did or didnt cut. That's also when I will freak out or be happy about who we did/didn't sign in FA

Feel free to practice freaking out for the big event...........without pads, of course!:spin:

EllisUnit
07-27-2011, 08:43 PM

Oh, and Nolan too.

I doubt we drop Nolan he showed promise last season. I think he could start and do a good job.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 09:04 PM
I doubt we drop Nolan he showed promise last season. I think he could start and do a good job.Nolan looks lost a lot of the time to me. He does seem to have a nose for the ball, though. Maybe some good coaching and hard book and film work by him will help.

pirbroke
07-27-2011, 09:34 PM
I might be wrong but I think teams do not need to cut players to get under the cap until a few days before the regular season starts. The only reason they do it now is to give the player a chance to catch on with another team because you are 100% sure he will not make your team. normaly a vet who is good but does not fill your style of play ( Pollard ) or the team is just stacked at that position and it is a courtesy thing to do with the vet. The cap is not in effect when you have 90+ players for training camp and pre-season.

Big Lou
07-27-2011, 10:25 PM
Nolan looks lost a lot of the time to me. He does seem to have a nose for the ball, though. Maybe some good coaching and hard book and film work by him will help.

Frank Bush's D could make every defensive player in Canton look lost!!!!!!

Ryan
07-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm sure the cuts will come out strong tomorrow, you just know how quiet the Texans like to keep things.

Carr Bombed
07-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Nolan isn't going anywhere. He's part of the solution in the secondary and not part of the problem. He was basically a rookie last season (after coming off a IR year where he missed a whole year of valuable reps on the field) and displayed the rare "nose for the ball" that the playmakers in this league possess . As far as "looking lost" at times last season......what secondary player didn't look lost last season? Hell what defensive player in general didn't? That screams of a coaching problem. Troy Nolan will be a good NFL player in this league if he can stay healthy... unlike previous young defensive players, we might've saved him before the Texans' shitty defensive coaches ruined him.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Frank Bush's D could make every defensive player in Canton look lost!!!!!!We looked pretty damned good over the last 13 games of '09. Last year was a cluster f*ck of injuries, suspensions and, for whatever reason, horrid secondary play. I hate to say it, but I think losing DROB was the reason the secondary was so bad. IMO he's a second tier CB, but he was the best the Texans could field and better than anyone we fielded last season. Teams didn't need to throw to DROB's side cuz they had easy pickings elsewhere. That, by its self, shut down 1/3 to 1/2 the field for the Texans.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Nolan isn't going anywhere. He's part of the solution in the secondary and not part of the problem. He was basically a rookie last season (after coming off a IR year where he missed a whole year of valuable reps on the field) and displayed the rare "nose for the ball" that the playmakers in this league possess . As far as "looking lost" at times last season......what secondary player didn't look lost last season? Hell what defensive player in general didn't? That screams of a coaching problem. Troy Nolan will be a good NFL player in this league if he can stay healthy... unlike previous young defensive players, we might've saved him before the Texans' shitty defensive coaches ruined him.I have high-ish hopes for Nolan. I agree that he can be a good to very good player at this level.