PDA

View Full Version : Was it worth it to you to get 10 yr CBA?

badboy
07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
We probably had much more activity on Texans in the MB this offseason. Not only CBA issues but free agents Texans could be interested in, players who could, would or should be let go. Possible trades for a brief time before lock out, debates over the exact NFL cap amount and where Texans stood, etc. Usually, not much to get interested in between SB and OTAs then Training Camp other than combine and NFL draft..

My question is prior to first week of negotiations between players & owners, if you knew we would end up where we are today, would you prefer to go through all the uproar and activity on TexansTalk or "hell no". Would you have just tuned out and then tuned back in when vote was done on CBA?

TheMatrix31
07-26-2011, 03:24 PM
I really like the fact that free agency, trades, etc are packed into a rapid-fire period and that preseason is only two weeks away.

DBCooper
07-26-2011, 03:30 PM
You know, I really do not like the business side of football.

I'm very glad this did not mess with the timetables of the preseason and more importantly the regular season.

I want to see some sweat!

Time for Football!

ArlingtonTexan
07-26-2011, 03:30 PM
I want to say the last time I saw posting stats talked about we were actually down from previous years. That's my memory and not my department if I am miss speaking.

Honestly, I though there was a lot of talking about tha same things in a normal off-season there is a good bit of that, but multiple Aso and Kareem Jackson threads, etc really did not advance the site that much.

In terms, of big picture football, having one compressed off-season to not have to worry about CBA issues for ten years is a bargain. I will enjoy this madhouse over the next couple of weeks, but not an every year thng.

DexmanC
07-26-2011, 05:07 PM
I glad to see the players didn't cave to the greedy-ass owners, and
negotiated a CBA that will take care of its retired and injured players.

The days of tossin' players to the side like gobbage, after making
millions off their backs, seem to be over.

badboy
07-26-2011, 05:09 PM
I want to say the last time I saw posting stats talked about we were actually down from previous years. That's my memory and not my department if I am miss speaking.

Honestly, I though there was a lot of talking about tha same things in a normal off-season there is a good bit of that, but multiple Aso and Kareem Jackson threads, etc really did not advance the site that much.

In terms, of big picture football, having one compressed off-season to not have to worry about CBA issues for ten years is a bargain. I will enjoy this madhouse over the next couple of weeks, but not an every year thng.Well that surprises me.

Showtime100
07-26-2011, 05:13 PM
You know, I really do not like the business side of football.

I'm very glad this did not mess with the timetables of the preseason and more importantly the regular season.

I want to see some sweat!

Time for Football!

Same here. Same for all sports I get into. You can't help but look into this or that in terms of the business end, but my thing is always about the game itself.

In terms, of big picture football, having one compressed off-season to not have to worry about CBA issues for ten years is a bargain. I will enjoy this madhouse over the next couple of weeks, but not an every year thng.

Amen, Arlington.

To answer the main question of the thread, it didn't really effect my sports routine except to say the nearer it got to getting into the season the more it weighed on my mind.

I'm just glad it's over. :hurrah:

HOU-TEX
07-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Yes. I'm willing to admit that I bitched a lot during the lockout. But now that it's over and we'll have 10 guaranteed years of football, I love it. Plus, I reckon TV stations dig a full ten years too

EllisUnit
07-26-2011, 05:25 PM
I really like the fact that free agency, trades, etc are packed into a rapid-fire period and that preseason is only two weeks away.

:hurrah:

CloakNNNdagger
07-26-2011, 05:30 PM
It's all part of Master Plan. They figure that in another decade, there will be a brand new group of young fans who will not have had to go through the agony of dealing with this insanity, and a whole generation of older fans that can no longer remember that far back.:spin:

Texanmike02
07-26-2011, 05:51 PM
It's all part of Master Plan. They figure that in another decade, there will be a brand new group of young fans who will not have had to go through the agony of dealing with this insanity, and a whole generation of older fans that can no longer remember that far back.:spin:

Um... refrain from using the word master please. It might instigate a riot.

Mike

Dutchrudder
07-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Um... refrain from using the word master please. It might instigate a riot.

Mike

Maybe 'Drunken Master' would be more accurate?

Grams
07-26-2011, 07:02 PM

I resemble that remark.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm good with it. I'm even enjoying the FA frenzy that started yesterday

drs23
07-27-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm good with it. Now. It's over now and we will have 10 years without this again. Glad we got it over and done.

Now, on to the show!

badboy
07-27-2011, 10:52 AM
I was thinking the NFL is trying to drive me away like baseball did.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 11:32 AM
I was thinking the NFL is trying to drive me away like baseball did.If this had cost games, I'm with ya. I always thought the deal would get done, though.

badboy
07-27-2011, 11:00 PM
If things don't improve for TEXANS this season I will not be around for the other 9.

DocBar
07-27-2011, 11:03 PM
If things don't improve for TEXANS this season I will not be around for the other 9.I don't like your attitude!!! LOL