PDA

View Full Version : Favre Watch 2011

BetaV1
07-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Philadelphia radio personality Howard Eskin is reporting that the Eagles are interested in signing Brett Favre to backup Michael Vick if or when Kevin Kolb is traded.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Rumor-Eagles-may-want-to-sign-Brett-Favre?urn=nfl-wp3759

Obviously nothing more than a rumor at this point.

But would anyone here put it past Favre?...

:headhurts:

Lucky
07-24-2011, 08:48 AM
But would anyone here put it past Favre?...

I know he loves Andy Reid, but I can't see Favre coming out of retirement for a backup job. Or a salary less than 8 figures.

Pantherstang84
07-24-2011, 09:20 AM
Oh this is going to get Rich Eisen all fired up.

badboy
07-24-2011, 06:00 PM
For the right salary I can see Favre signing thinking he will beat out Vick. Good move for both sides imo.

gary
07-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Not going to happen he'd never be a backup.

edo783
07-24-2011, 09:03 PM
I wonder who started the rumor? If it came from Brett's camp, the guy just needs to stop being such a media whore.

welsh texan
07-25-2011, 10:32 AM
I hate it when sports stars manage to take a little of the sheen off a glittering career by getting to the point when they can't hack it anymore and then getting desperate to continue on.

We see it all the time and it isn't just Favre who's done it but I can't think of any sports personality off hand who's dragged it out as much as he has.

These guys obviously have issues because they've focused on getting good at one thing all their lives to the point where they aren't really all that good at anything else. Also, he's 41 years of age and has lived his life being paid unimaginable amounts to play a childs game all his life. Its no wonder he doesn't want to give it up, but the time was 3 years ago Brett, give it up man.

Texecutioner
07-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Its no wonder he doesn't want to give it up, but the time was 3 years ago Brett, give it up man.

Tell that to the gazillion football fans that watched him have an MVP type of season just two years ago and be a play or two away from leading the Vikings to the SB where he had one of the best seasons of his career. I agree with you that he is done now and his body just can't take the punishment anymore, but for the fans that have been saying this guy needs to quit year after year for like 5 years now just because they don't like the guy and his indecisiveness have been dead wrong more than once on how well he was able to play and hold up at his old age. He needs to retire, but if he wants to keep collecting pay checks even as a back up and wants to be part of a team, I see nothing wrong with that.

Nawzer
07-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Please Brett let go! Leave the NFL alone please!!!

Hervoyel
07-25-2011, 05:35 PM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/400px-527-no-because-no.jpg

Wolf
07-25-2011, 06:16 PM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8290/favre.jpg

Hardcore Texan
07-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Go away Brett, just go away.

I get why people USED to like him, but I don't even think he was a great QB, pretty damn good at times, but a great QB doesn't have that td/int ratio. Mix in the fact he turns out to be a cheater, d-bag, and media whore and I got nothing. Buh-bye Bretty boy.

*edit, I stole this pic for facebook! Thanks.

TheCD
07-27-2011, 10:04 AM
I hate it when sports stars manage to take a little of the sheen off a glittering career by getting to the point when they can't hack it anymore and then getting desperate to continue on.

We see it all the time and it isn't just Favre who's done it but I can't think of any sports personality off hand who's dragged it out as much as he has.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I personally don't care if he wants to play more. Just like with Emmitt, these guys only get so many years to play, who cares if they can't play as well as they used to.

What needs to stop happening is they sports media needs to stop trying to break a Favre story by reporting on it every 2 minutes...that's where the problem lies.