PDA

View Full Version : A different approach to power ranking

DocBar
07-20-2011, 02:02 AM
An interesting article (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/15334021/fourway-formula-champ-packers-stacked-at-premium-positions) by Pete Prisco.

Rate the quarterback.
Rate the guys who knock the quarterback down.
Rate the players who knock down the quarterback's passes.
Rate the men who keep the quarterback upright
He has us ranked 12th overall and all but CB ranks well.

Now if they sign a corner in free agency, it would help. The same goes for the Houston Texans. They have good ratings, except at corner. What if they signed Asomugha? He would be the top-ranked corner and would move them to second in the overall rankingspleaseohpleaseohpleaseohplease sign Aso.

Corrosion
07-20-2011, 03:15 AM
I dont want rankings , I want results as in W's ..... 19 of them this year.:foottap:

DocBar
07-20-2011, 04:35 AM
I dont want rankings , I want results as in W's ..... 19 of them this year.:foottap:I'm with ya!! Aim high!!:handshake:

RagingBull
07-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Now, if we use that formula and replace GQ with Nmandi our score for cornerback would go from 3 to 31 or 32, which would increase our overall score from 97 to 126. That would be good for third on that list, trailing only the Pack and Iggles.

One player can make a huge difference.

Big Lou
07-20-2011, 07:00 PM
I dont want rankings , I want results as in W's ..... 19 of them this year.:foottap:

I want 23 wins.

Preseason may not count, but while we're dreaming of Texans Utopia we might as well go for everything.

Big Lou
07-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Now, if we use that formula and replace GQ with Nmandi our score for cornerback would go from 3 to 31 or 32, which would increase our overall score from 97 to 126. That would be good for third on that list, trailing only the Pack and Iggles.

One player can make a huge difference.

Just imagine if we sign one of those there Safeties along with Aso.

EllisUnit
07-20-2011, 07:39 PM

:clap: