PDA

View Full Version : FWIW: Texans prepared to make huge offer to Aso?

djohn2oo8
07-18-2011, 03:14 PM
**NFL HOT RUMOR**Sources: Once Free Agency begins the Texans are prepared to make a huge offer to CB Nnamdi Asomugha #1 Priority

http://twitter.com/#!/incarceratedbob

This guy makes up stuff alot, sometimes he's right. I hope he's right this time

Allstar
07-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Yeah saw that too, I wouldn't take too much stock in incarcerated bob, but even if he's making things up it doesn't mean it's untrue.

El Tejano
07-18-2011, 03:44 PM
It just depends on what we view as a huge offer.

Namdi's agent: So Rick, so Bob. What's your offer.

Bob Mcnair (in his best Dr. Evil voice): One MEEELLION Dollars!

Namdi's Agent : :/

badboy
07-18-2011, 03:47 PM
WHo is "incarcerated Bob? Why would he have any more knowledge or insight about what Texans will do?

Ryan
07-18-2011, 03:53 PM
It just depends on what we view as a huge offer.

Namdi's agent: So Rick, so Bob. What's your offer.

Bob Mcnair (in his best Dr. Evil voice): One MEEELLION Dollars!

Namdi's Agent : :/

:spit:

False Start
07-18-2011, 04:03 PM
WHo is "incarcerated Bob? Why would he have any more knowledge or insight about what Texans will do?

That's what I'm wondering. Like, what has he been right before that would give him some credibility?

ArlingtonTexan
07-18-2011, 04:26 PM
http://sportsblognet.com/2010/10/22/for-those-who-believe-incarcerated-bob-is-a-credible-source/

Well, looks like a pure rumor monger.

Dutchrudder
07-18-2011, 04:42 PM
**NFL HOT RUMOR**Sources: Once Free Agency begins the Texans are prepared to make a huge offer to CB Nnamdi Asomugha #1 Priority

No thanks, I don't like getting my news from prison inmates. I'll wait for a credible source to announce this.

Texanmike02
07-18-2011, 05:54 PM
No thanks, I don't like getting my news from prison inmates. I'll wait for a credible source to announce this.

Now that Plaxico is out he has no credible source.

Mike

Allstar
07-19-2011, 03:09 PM
Mike Francesa: "Nnamdi Asomugha is going to Houston" Says everyone in the NFL knows it and it's the "worst kept secret in the NFL".

DocBar
07-19-2011, 03:13 PM
DocBar says the Texans will be signing Aso, Joseph, Weddle, Burress, Holmes and Joe friggin Montana for the league minimum for the 2011 season. SUPER BOWL OR BUST
sent via twatter

Doc

Texas T
07-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Mike Francesa: "Nnamdi Asomugha is going to Houston" Says everyone in the NFL knows it and it's the "worst kept secret in the NFL".

Wouldn't that be awesome if it came true??

I guess we'll see...

Allstar
07-19-2011, 03:29 PM
DocBar says the Texans will be signing Aso, Joseph, Weddle, Burress, Holmes and Joe friggin Montana for the league minimum for the 2011 season. SUPER BOWL OR BUST
sent via twatter

Doc

Say what you want about that hack Incarcerated Bob, but Mike Francesca is a pretty reputable source. He has the #1 sports show in the country and basically pioneered sports talk radio. I debated on whether I should start a new thread on this...

Ole Miss Texan
07-19-2011, 03:39 PM

Did he recently say this on his show? Is it in writing anywhere? Not doubting you, just want to forward on to some friends. Hope this is true!!!

HOU-TEX
07-19-2011, 03:51 PM
I'd be willing to throw in an extra buck a game for him. Heck, I'll even take him fishin once or twice

pirbroke
07-19-2011, 03:53 PM
SUPER BOWL

man if this happens I am sooo stoked for the season to start.

ArlingtonTexan
07-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Another fwiw, Peter King said on NFLNetwork yesterday that the Texans would be crazy not aggressively go after Aso. (paraphrase)

I am reading that as more than an innocent line, but I have some want to bias here.

DX-TEX
07-19-2011, 03:57 PM

When and where did he say this?

Allstar
07-19-2011, 04:19 PM
It was on his radio show, sorry don't have a link :(

Ole Miss Texan
07-19-2011, 04:29 PM
It was on his radio show, sorry don't have a link :(

Well, hopefully it's in the Chronicle, ESPN.com, NFL.com and likes come this weekend!!!

GP
07-19-2011, 04:42 PM

So Mike Francesca is now helping Aso and Aso's agent to get a better deal with another team? Nice.

FWIW, I appreciate that you viewed the news and posted it here. However, I am just conditioned to believe that guys like Francesca THINK it should happen but are prone to being let down due to their intel being skewed for some reason.

I just don't see ONE guy getting the bank vault here. I could see it being split, though, among a few free agents.

FirstTexansFan
07-19-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm gonna drink the Kool-Aid... why? Because I'm conditioned to... I'll slit my wrists later... :)

nero THE zero
07-19-2011, 04:50 PM
The Aso to Houston snowball has been gaining tons of momentum over the past month.

I was of the opinion that it started simply because it makes sense, but there's enough people on-board that I would not even raise an eyebrow if I read a headline at the opening of FA that read, "Nnamdi Asomugha Inks Four-Year Deal with Houston"

badboy
07-19-2011, 06:07 PM
The Aso to Houston snowball has been gaining tons of momentum over the past month.

I was of the opinion that it started simply because it makes sense, but there's enough people on-board that I would not even raise an eyebrow if I read a headline at the opening of FA that read, "Nnamdi Asomugha Inks Four-Year Deal with Houston"

Well, if no one minds, I will take credit for starting the snowball. Especially after the hell I caught for even suggesting the idea. I wanted to trrade for him two years ago. Also was interested in Richard Seymour if anyone remembers.

HoustonFrog
07-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Another fwiw, Peter King said on NFLNetwork yesterday that the Texans would be crazy not aggressively go after Aso. (paraphrase)

I am reading that as more than an innocent line, but I have some want to bias here.

http://twitter.com/#!/evansilva

evansilva Evan Silva
SI's Peter King on Nnamdi Asomugha: "I think it's a huge mistake if the Houston #Texans don't go hard after him right out of the chute."

badboy
07-19-2011, 08:49 PM
So all we really know is that other people think Texans should go after ASO...

Brisco_County
07-19-2011, 08:59 PM

Pretty much.

And all I know is that Green Bay has more cap space, they're willing to go after him, and Namdi wants to play for a proven contender.

GP
07-19-2011, 09:04 PM

Francesca, perhaps, is the one with the strongest statement...basically saying that there exists an NFL media-wide sentiment that the deal is all but done.

I think maybe what Francesca is trying to do, IMO, is get out in front of it IF it ends up happening. Francesca can say "I told you so!" whereas other guys, like Peter King, are merely saying "Texans would be dumb to not go after him."

I still don't think it happens. Bob would want to make a more humble move, such as signing a lesser-named CB and probably a S if we're really fortunate.

The only two things in our favor for landing him, IMO, is that (a) we signed Wade Phillps and Wade Phillips knows defenses, and (b) Bob likes high-character guys and this guy is the Andre Johnson of the NFL's defensive players. On those two merits alone, it might be enough for Bob to justify the dollars.

Look, I think Bob's mind is as made up on this issue as it was when they decided on Mario Williams and had a tentative deal in place a day or so before the draft. He's either going to GET the guy, or he's going to try and have Smith land somebody else or a combination of other guys that would end up amounting to the same dollar amount spent for Aso.

But make no mistake, they're decided and they know what's going to happen. In fact, they've already prepared the statements and rehearsed it in the bathroom mirror. It's a done deal one way or another.

HoustonFrog
07-19-2011, 09:04 PM
Pretty much.

And all I know is that Green Bay has more cap space, they're willing to go after him, and Namdi wants to play for a proven contender.

Here is my question to the rumors...the cap is going to be what $120 mil. The Texans are up against it and would have to get rid of guys...plus Aso says he wants a contender...so how do they get it done and what is Francesca talking about if he says it is the worst kept secret.

Brisco_County
07-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Here is my question to the rumors...the cap is going to be what $120 mil. The Texans are up against it and would have to get rid of guys...plus Aso says he wants a contender...so how do they get it done and what is Francesca talking about if he says it is the worst kept secret.

Francesca must be confusing intent with inside information. The worst kept secret is what Houston intends to do. The facts clearly show that Green Bay has the means and the credentials to get him instead of Houston.

False Start
07-19-2011, 09:14 PM
The only two things in our favor for landing him, IMO, is that (a) we signed Wade Phillps and Wade Phillips knows defenses, and (b) Bob likes high-character guys and this guy is the Andre Johnson of the NFL's defensive players. On those two merits alone, it might be enough for Bob to justify the dollars.

I was telling my Dad about Aso, and I made the same comparison to AJ. I really think that weighs heavy with ol' Bob. Aso is Bob's Knight in shining armor.

I'm not gonna get my hopes up, and be pissed off and let down. I'm just gonna wait and see what happens, so if they don't sign him it wont hurt so much, lol.

badboy
07-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Here is my question to the rumors...the cap is going to be what $120 mil. The Texans are up against it and would have to get rid of guys...plus Aso says he wants a contender...so how do they get it done and what is Francesca talking about if he says it is the worst kept secret.Show me how they "are up against it" meaning $120m cap. I and others researching have been unable to find a true figure that lists all players cruently on roster.

HoustonFrog
07-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Show me how they "are up against it" meaning $120m cap. I and others researching have been unable to find a true figure that lists all players cruently on roster.

I heard a podcast the other day saying that (right on cap and cutting players)...since I'm not there listening live now. When I went to Chron.com to see if anything was said all I could find was this..same words from The General(who I can't stand and who has no inside info to my knowledge but cap is cap...)

http://blog.chron.com/nfl/2011/07/nfl-chat-with-john-mcclain-today/

John McClain: They have little under the cap, so I don't see them getting Nnamdi. I think they'll make Leach an offer as soon as they're allowed, but I think he'll wait and test the FA market. Leach is on the field about 35 percent of offensive plays. A starting CB is on the field 100 percent unless he needs to rest.
Tuesday July 19, 2011 11:30 John McClain
11:29 [Comment From ColbyhColbyh: ]
John, in your eyes, bigger priority: Asomgua or Leach?

John McClain: They don't know what the rookie wage scale will be and won't until they get to Atlanta, but they've kept that in mind.
Tuesday July 19, 2011 11:30 John McClain
11:30 [Comment From MattmanMattman: ]
When you say they are right at the cap I assume that doesn't include rookies. Will they have to make cuts to sign them

John McClain: 5-90 because of the cap. They're not looking for a veteran NT. Phillips likes Mitchell and Cody. They'll sign somebody for camp at that position because you need more than two. I'm figuring an undrafted FA.
Tuesday July 19, 2011 11:33 John McClain
11:32 [Comment From IzzyIzzy: ]
What are the odds we land asmouga and do you think we'll persue Jenkins DT from the Jets?

John McClain: They're at the projected 120 million cap. That's seven less than 2009, the last capped year. I thought it would be 125 to 130, which would spur spending. The new cap hurts teams that spent a lot of money. Think of all the teams over the cap, with the Cowboys being No. 1. And teams like Tampa Bay and Cincinnati, which didn't spend much last year, get to take advantage of the new rule that forces them to spend something like 90 percent of the cap.

Tuesday July 19, 2011 11:46 John McClain
John McClain: If they redo enough contracts and cut enough players, maybe Joseph.
Tuesday July 19, 2011 11:44 John McClain
11:44 [Comment From RyanRyan: ]
What FA corner do you think is realistic for the Texans go after? I think Carlos Rogers might be a decent value

GP
07-19-2011, 09:24 PM

I think Francesca is posturing. He has Deuce-Seven off-suit.

steelbtexan
07-19-2011, 10:03 PM

Not resigning Leach and restructuring Schaubs deal would be a start.

Big Lou
07-19-2011, 10:25 PM
I see it as about 5 to 1 that we land Aso, but I don't see Green Bay spending that kind of coin on Aso.

If Arizona trades Philly DRC for Kolb our odds go up a little.

Brisco_County
07-19-2011, 10:47 PM
I see it as about 5 to 1 that we land Aso, but I don't see Green Bay spending that kind of coin on Aso.

If Arizona trades Philly DRC for Kolb our odds go up a little.

Most of my posts today have been predicting Asomugha to Green Bay, but I've changed my mind after doing more research. Asomugha was the one expressing interest, but everyone in Green Bay--including players (http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/24440/woodson-on-asomugha-where-does-he-fit) and fans (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/5/16/2173351/nnamdi-asomugha-green-bay-packers)--have been saying, "Where would he fit?"

A team would only make him fit if there's a need, and there's not one in Green Bay. Matching Houston's offer isn't worth it.

I don't think the odds of him coming to Houston are 5 to 1, but now I think they're pretty good.

Allstar
07-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Francesca must be confusing intent with inside information. The worst kept secret is what Houston intends to do. The facts clearly show that Green Bay has the means and the credentials to get him instead of Houston.

I have yet to see anything suggesting Green Bay would be interested in Asomugha. Why would they? They just came off a championship with half of their players on IR and have Tramon Williams and Woodson holding it down in the secondary. Sure Nnamdi might like it, but I doubt GB breaks the bank to match a huge offer from us or whoever.

Brisco_County
07-19-2011, 11:22 PM
I have yet to see anything suggesting Green Bay would be interested in Asomugha. Why would they? They just came off a championship with half of their players on IR and have Tramon Williams and Woodson holding it down in the secondary. Sure Nnamdi might like it, but I doubt GB breaks the bank to match a huge offer from us or whoever.

Check one post above yours. I'm already burping crow.

Allstar
07-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Check one post above yours. I'm already burping crow.

Oops. My bad :)

badboy
07-20-2011, 09:48 AM
I heard a podcast the other day saying that (right on cap and cutting players)...since I'm not there listening live now. When I went to Chron.com to see if anything was said all I could find was this..same words from The General(who I can't stand and who has no inside info to my knowledge but cap is cap...)

http://blog.chron.com/nfl/2011/07/nfl-chat-with-john-mcclain-today/John is correct about the 2009 cap amount but he neglects to mention the players from that year who are no longer on the roster. That would reduce the $129 million a bit.

Norg
07-20-2011, 10:08 PM
I remember when we had a chance to draft aso lol

Texan_Bill
07-20-2011, 10:12 PM
YEAH!! The Texans have a shot at landing me!!!!

Signed,

Leigh Bodden

Lucky
07-20-2011, 10:49 PM
I guess the Texans could have taken Asomugha with their 1st pick in the 2003 draft. They went with this guy named Andre Johnson, instead. Maybe you've heard of him?

And yes, I definitely LOLed at this.

badboy
07-20-2011, 10:51 PM
I guess the Texans could have taken Asomugha with their 1st pick in the 2003 draft. They went with this guy named Andre Johnson, instead. Maybe you've heard of him?

And yes, I definitely LOLed at this.ALmost as good, they could have drafted Daryl Revis and then sign ASo as a FA!

b0ng
07-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Texans getting the PR machine warmed up.

rush2112mn
07-21-2011, 11:51 AM
I think Texans will make a offer....I don't know how big it is going to be.....

I do not think he will be a free agent for long....(maybe for less than a day or even hours)...

GP
07-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Re: FWIW: Texans prepared to make huge offer to Aso?

FWIW: Texans are screwed if there's no real cap.

This owner will not outspend the big boys. It's impossible to even try it.

I bet Aso and his agent are partying like rock stars if the deal is finalized and has no true cap.

El Tejano
07-21-2011, 11:59 AM
So my question is, if we end up not having alot of money to spend and can really only land a guy like Ike Taylor or even that Marshall guy, are people going to get mad? I personally want to resign guys like Leach and redo Mario's contract if that's the case. I wouldn't be mad with a signing of Taylor (even though Nero The Zero showed me why not to sign him) and Marshall would be an upgrade nevertheless.

rush2112mn
07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
I know Andre has probaly talked to him about coming here....they are pretty good friends from what I have heard in the past....

I think the Texans would have to free up some cap space to get him.....let some players go....have to see what happens.....

GP
07-21-2011, 12:04 PM
So my question is, if we end up not having alot of money to spend and can really only land a guy like Ike Taylor or even that Marshall guy, are people going to get mad? I personally want to resign guys like Leach and redo Mario's contract if that's the case. I wouldn't be mad with a signing of Taylor (even though Nero The Zero showed me why not to sign him) and Marshall would be an upgrade nevertheless.

So you're signaling that you indeed KNOW in your heart of hearts that there ain't no way in hell we're getting the cream of the crop...which means we need to switch over to "leftovers mode," right?

This is what Bob McNair has done to us: We're conditioned to spare ourselves the pain of disappointment by rationalizing and justifying (in advance) the failures of free agency that will occur. It's a self-imposed, preemptive attitude adjustment. I'm down with that.

If Bob has no real cap, why couldn't he re-sign Leach AND land the best talent on the board? I mean, he says he is VERY committed to winning. He retained his guru on offense (Kubiak) and he bought a guru on defense (Phillips). So if he's legit about being dedicated to winning, then he will purchase the goods necessary (i.e. Leach AND top defensive talent, since this team is so vastly in need of it and has been for about 5+ years now).

Yeah, I think we're in for being underwhelmed once again.

El Tejano
07-21-2011, 12:13 PM
So you're signaling that you indeed KNOW in your heart of hearts that there ain't no way in hell we're getting the cream of the crop...which means we need to switch over to "leftovers mode," right?

This is what Bob McNair has done to us: We're conditioned to spare ourselves the pain of disappointment by rationalizing and justifying (in advance) the failures of free agency that will occur. It's a self-imposed, preemptive attitude adjustment. I'm down with that.

If Bob has no real cap, why couldn't he re-sign Leach AND land the best talent on the board? I mean, he says he is VERY committed to winning. He retained his guru on offense (Kubiak) and he bought a guru on defense (Phillips). So if he's legit about being dedicated to winning, then he will purchase the goods necessary (i.e. Leach AND top defensive talent, since this team is so vastly in need of it and has been for about 5+ years now).

If there is no cap space we wouldn't have any other choice right? Reports I hear is Aso is going to cost too much and we wouldn't even have the space to afford him. So naturally we would have to go with a lower paid player.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2011, 12:26 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
John Clayton reports that NFL owners have been told by league to be prepared to vote on new CBA between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
21 minutes ago

El Tejano
07-21-2011, 12:28 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
John Clayton reports that NFL owners have been told by league to be prepared to vote on new CBA between 3:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
21 minutes ago

Is this good news?

The Pencil Neck
07-21-2011, 12:31 PM

Why even waste brain cycles on something (the cap) we don't know anything about, yet?

Ultimately, it's not about us or the cap or how much money Bob throws at Aso, it's about where Aso wants to go. He's going to be offered a lot of money by just about every team in the league. Why on earth would he want to come here? If I was him, the Texans wouldn't be the top of my list. They'd be an option but further down.

So stop setting your sights on Aso as though its Aso or bust like we have any say in the matter. Start looking at the alternatives -- some of which may be better for us. There are plenty of upgrades we can make to our secondary; let's just get it done.

The Texans chances for the playoffs don't begin and end with Aso.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Is this good news?

Not sure...

judybattista Judy Battista
Was told owners will "vote and hope" today. Vote on settlement, hand off to players saying "here's the deal." A ton of pressure on players.
28 minutes ago

judybattista Judy Battista
Make no mistake, owners will not wait for tomorrow to vote. Many in league are heading to Boston for Myra Kraft's funeral.
27 minutes ago

infantrycak
07-21-2011, 12:36 PM
So stop setting your sights on Aso as though its Aso or bust like we have any say in the matter.

Some folks are on the Aso or bust train so they can hop their pre-planned second leg of their trip on the McNair/Smith/Kubiak are incompetent/cheap since they didn't get Aso train.

El Tejano
07-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Why even waste brain cycles on something (the cap) we don't know anything about, yet?

Ultimately, it's not about us or the cap or how much money Bob throws at Aso, it's about where Aso wants to go. He's going to be offered a lot of money by just about every team in the league. Why on earth would he want to come here? If I was him, the Texans wouldn't be the top of my list. They'd be an option but further down.

So stop setting your sights on Aso as though its Aso or bust like we have any say in the matter. Start looking at the alternatives -- some of which may be better for us. There are plenty of upgrades we can make to our secondary; let's just get it done.

This is a good response. To be honest, I just want someone who can make life miserable for Manning.

Rey
07-21-2011, 12:45 PM

I don't think that's what he was saying. I think he was just talking about how past experiences have conditioned Texan fans.

Don't think he was saying aso or bust.

beerlover
07-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Some folks are on the Aso or bust train so they can hop their pre-planned second leg of their trip on the McNair/Smith/Kubiak are incompetent/cheap since they didn't get Aso train.

like cockroaches after terminator visit, you know the drill, lay flat on their backs with little legs twitching about as if they can reconstruct position (roll over) in the end however the poison pill does its job & if that's not enough the red ants march in assimilating the carcass, carrying it to far reaches in underground pits :cricket:

Brisco_County
07-21-2011, 12:50 PM

I'm wondering how anyone now could refer to McNair as being cheap when we just ended up right against the salary cap. Maybe "cheap" should be replaced with "informed."

El Tejano
07-21-2011, 12:50 PM
like cockroaches after terminator visit, you know the drill, lay flat on their backs with little legs twitching about as if they attempt to roll over a new day but the poison pill does its job & if that's not enough the red ants march in assimilating the carcass & carrying it to far reaches in underground pits :cricket:

Yeah but that's a cricket. Not a roach!

DocBar
07-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah but that's a cricket. Not a roach!

That's a musical cucaraches con piernas largas. Dejarlo solo, mi amigo.

infantrycak
07-21-2011, 01:23 PM
like cockroaches after terminator visit, you know the drill, lay flat on their backs with little legs twitching about as if they attempt to roll over a new day but the poison pill does its job & if that's not enough the red ants march in assimilating the carcass & carrying it to far reaches in underground pits :cricket:

Damn you are giving me flashbacks to basic - "down @#$%# and do a dying cockroach."

Texecutioner
07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm wondering how anyone now could refer to McNair as being cheap when we just ended up right against the salary cap. Maybe "cheap" should be replaced with "informed."

Holler at me when he opens up his pockets to fill up a huge hole on this team on a player that his management team has to really fight for and outbid. And when he does that in at least two off seasons. He's had all types of opportunities to do that in recent years that would have helped the team and he didn't or wouldn't. I think he's cheap and will remain that way until a new GM or HC comes in here and wakes him the hell up. All I've heard since Smithiak has been here is "build through the draft, build through the draft." If you're only approach is to build through the draft, than that is cheap.

The Pencil Neck
07-21-2011, 01:36 PM
I don't think that's what he was saying. I think he was just talking about how past experiences have conditioned Texan fans.

Don't think he was saying aso or bust.

I was responding to that post in relation to other posts he'd made earlier where we can't sign Aso if there is a cap because we don't have enough room but we can't sign Aso if there isn't a cap because we can't outspend Jones and Snyder. And then we Texans fans have become conditioned to not getting the upper tier talent because our FO won't go after them and we're just going to get the dregs.

infantrycak
07-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Holler at me when ...

Holler at me when he doesn't have a near top of the league payroll.

djohn2oo8
07-21-2011, 01:39 PM

Like that's why he won't sign a premier free agent.

Rey
07-21-2011, 01:55 PM

We have talent no doubt.

I don't have the numbers but how much of the payroll is due to us consistently picking in the top half of the draft? How much of that is due to picking up middle of the road talent and having to overpay?

I can't think of any major free agents we've brought in.

I'm not calling McNair cheap at all. I have no idea if he is.

I just haven't seen us spend major bucks to bring in a big time free agent talent. There could be several other reasons besides him being cheap.

Texecutioner
07-21-2011, 02:02 PM

You'll always stick up for Mcnair and Smithiak Cak. I've come to realize that. Another thing I forgot to add about him being cheap is that he refused to fire his HC and his GM and go find real a real HC and a especially a real GM. He knew that firing Gary would cost him money and that bringing in a new guys would cost him money as well no matter how bad the fans have been ticked over the last two seasons. Bob is safe and that's how he operates. He doesn't take chances.

I don't care what his league payroll is when I've seen him ignore dozens of opportunities to better this team by adding players that we needed and he simply wouldn't do it.

Texecutioner
07-21-2011, 02:06 PM
I just haven't seen us spend major bucks to bring in a big time free agent talent. There could be several other reasons besides him being cheap.

This is true. I could be several other reasons like a HC and GM constantly saying no no lets just build through the draft and use these young and unproven guys. The thing with that though is why would any HC and GM not want to improve their team that way?? I've thought about that and I can't think of any reason why a HC or GM would be against that to better their teams and to get more talent here. My only thoughts are that they Bob just won't do it when they've asked or that they simply don't have the balls to really push him to do it like Cowher or a guy like Parcells and Rex Ryan would where they constantly push the issue to him. Personally i don't think Bob really cares one way or the other as long as he is selling out Reliant stadium.

VTexan
07-21-2011, 02:15 PM
People should realize that it isn't about Bob being 'cheap' per se, but more about our GM's ineptitude to:

A. Bring in free agents via recruiting

B. Sign players to contracts that they are worth

C. Cut players that aren't producing but still have large contracts.

We don't bring household named free agents, but we are also near the top in the league in payroll.

OrdinaryAvgGuy
07-21-2011, 02:19 PM
You'll always stick up for Mcnair and Smithiak Cak. I've come to realize that. Another thing I forgot to add about him being cheap is that he refused to fire his HC and his GM and go find real a real HC and a especially a real GM. He knew that firing Gary would cost him money and that bringing in a new guys would cost him money as well no matter how bad the fans have been ticked over the last two seasons. Bob is safe and that's how he operates. He doesn't take chances.

I don't care what his league payroll is when I've seen him ignore dozens of opportunities to better this team by adding players that we needed and he simply wouldn't do it.

No, he didn't. Instead, he went out and hired the highest-paid DC in the NFL.

We can argue about his appropriation of funds, his governing philosophies about personnel, and his inability to hire a GM whose talent evaluation is up to snuff. But I do not see a compelling argument against his willingness to spend money.

Second Honeymoon
07-21-2011, 02:31 PM

those salaries include many unattainable and unrealistic incentives to make the player's agents (and management) look better. We can go round and round on whether McNair spends money and he does...its just HOW you spend money and on who. But yes, our listed payroll is over $100 million.

he has bottom barreled the Defensive Co-Ordinator position since Kubiak got here. Get the most unqualified and inexperienced candidate who comes the cheapest. anyone want to dispute that? didn't think so. Now the guy FINALLY pony'ed up and got a real DC with experience and a track record of success. Why did it take 5 years to do that? We have had chances to make runs at real DC candidates in years past, but they went the cheap route and the 'friend' route...worked out real well, huh?

McNair wasn't cheap when he re-signed Carr to max extension. McNair wasn't cheap when he signed many other average free agents to top dollar for little to no return (Robaire, Ahman, Weaver, etc.).

Where McNair has been cheap is in the recruitment/pursuit of top free agents. He has no problem paying $5mil/year for average players but has a problem paying $8mil/year+ for players that actually help make an impact and help the bottom line (not profit, but winning)

No big deal, I have been called out for my statements before and all that happens is the people get pie on their face when things play out exactly like I said they would. Nothing new and I don't take it personal.

Hopefully the team (specifically the defense) can progress under Wade's leadership and hopefully our HC can grow a pair and stop being such a flatliner. He has to know his job is on the line (even though he should have been fired already) We shall see.

Go Texans

ChampionTexan
07-21-2011, 02:47 PM
those salaries include many unattainable and unrealistic incentives to make the player's agents (and management) look better. We can go round and round on whether McNair spends money and he does...its just HOW you spend money and on who. But yes, our listed payroll is over $100 million.

Go Texans

Incentives that are not achieved have always been excluded from a teams salary cap number. Incentives are classified as either "Unlikely" (in which case they are not included unless earned - and then in the following season), or "Likely" (in which case, they are included in the current year, but backed out of the following season if not achieved).

Therefore unattainable and unrealistic incentives would never be reflected in a team's salary cap amount unless they were actually achieved.

infantrycak
07-21-2011, 02:51 PM
You'll always stick up for Mcnair and Smithiak Cak. I've come to realize that.

What you should come to realize is I look up facts instead of make them up. As far as I am concerned if the payroll (actual money flowing out) for a team is in the top 5 generally then cheap isn't the problem. Other teams are succeeding with less money. Identifying the wrong problem results in the wrong solution.

Ole Miss Texan
07-21-2011, 02:52 PM
The "McNair is Cheap" line is so damn overplayed its sickening.

I'd love to have gotten a big name top dollar free agent in years past but we didn't. Instead of that he gave Carr an $8 Million bonus to stay on for one more year, he signed Ahman Green making him one of the higher paid RBs in the league, he gave Schaub a nice sized contract and picked up his $10 Million option to keep him, he signed Antonio Smith making him one of the higher paid DEs in the league, he re-signed Kevin Walter to a pretty decent sized contract, he extended Andre to make him the highest paid WR in the league, he re-signed Demeco to a very very nice deal, he made Owen Daniels one of the top paid TEs in the league. He just made Wade Phillips the highest paid DC in the league. During the current lockout he didn't cut staff, staff salaries, lay anyone off, stop paying them or make them sell tickets to maintain their current pay... I think he was one of only 6 owners that chose that route.

Part of building through the draft is not letting the star players you drafted leave during free agency. It's having the money to reward those players like Andre, Demeco, Daniels, maybe soon-to-be Mario and Foster. It's about taking care of your own and keeping the right units together. No not every decision he's made has been great and warm and fuzzy. People can challenge some of his decisions but they really need to come up with something better than the "he's cheap" crap.

Texecutioner
07-21-2011, 02:55 PM
No, he didn't. Instead, he went out and hired the highest-paid DC in the NFL.

We can argue about his appropriation of funds, his governing philosophies about personnel, and his inability to hire a GM whose talent evaluation is up to snuff. But I do not see a compelling argument against his willingness to spend money.

Yeah, it only took him 5 years to do that. And hiring Wade Phillips was a bad decision in my eyes as well. It was a status quo decision on Bob's part hiring another nice guy that had Houston roots. I hate that we hired Wade Phillips.

MistaRed
07-21-2011, 02:55 PM

I'd love to have gotten a big name top dollar free agent in years past but we didn't. Instead of that he gave Carr an $8 Million bonus to stay on for one more year, he signed Ahman Green making him one of the higher paid RBs in the league, he gave Schaub a nice sized contract and picked up his $10 Million option to keep him, he signed Antonio Smith making him one of the higher paid DEs in the league, he re-signed Kevin Walter to a pretty decent sized contract, he extended Andre to make him the highest paid WR in the league, he re-signed Demeco to a very very nice deal, he made Owen Daniels one of the top paid TEs in the league. He just made Wade Phillips the highest paid DC in the league. During the current lockout he didn't cut staff, staff salaries, lay anyone off, stop paying them or make them sell tickets to maintain their current pay... I think he was one of only 6 owners that chose to be 'fair/gracious' to his employees.

Part of building through the draft is not letting the star players you drafted leave during free agency. It's having the money to reward those players like Andre, Demeco, Daniels, maybe soon-to-be Mario and Foster. It's about taking care of your own and keeping the right units together. No not every decision he's made has been great and warm and fuzzy. People can challenge some of his decisions but they really need to come up with something better than that "he's cheap" crap.

I completely agree with this post. Rep up....

GP
07-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Not necessarily. I'll take either Aso OR a good CB/S combination.

It's not Aso or bust for me.

But we need to understand that the next best thing--a good CB/S combination--is going to cost a lot of money, too. This is something that can't be done on the cheap. No more cheap fixes. We need durable, veteran help of the highest quality available.

DocBar
07-21-2011, 02:59 PM

I'd love to have gotten a big name top dollar free agent in years past but we didn't. Instead of that he gave Carr an $8 Million bonus to stay on for one more year, he signed Ahman Green making him one of the higher paid RBs in the league, he gave Schaub a nice sized contract and picked up his $10 Million option to keep him, he signed Antonio Smith making him one of the higher paid DEs in the league, he re-signed Kevin Walter to a pretty decent sized contract, he extended Andre to make him the highest paid WR in the league, he re-signed Demeco to a very very nice deal, he made Owen Daniels one of the top paid TEs in the league. He just made Wade Phillips the highest paid DC in the league. During the current lockout he didn't cut staff, staff salaries, lay anyone off, stop paying them or make them sell tickets to maintain their current pay... I think he was one of only 6 owners that chose that route.

Part of building through the draft is not letting the star players you drafted leave during free agency. It's having the money to reward those players like Andre, Demeco, Daniels, maybe soon-to-be Mario and Foster. It's about taking care of your own and keeping the right units together. No not every decision he's made has been great and warm and fuzzy. People can challenge some of his decisions but they really need to come up with something better than that "he's cheap" crap.Hind sight is 20/20, usually. The Pats and Steelers have made it to a whole bunch of Super Bowls by knowing when to hold 'em and knowing when to fold 'em.
Maybe we should sign Hines Ward.... :)

GP
07-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Coaching salaries are never defended by McNair apologists.

They let the conversation just roll right along without defending the myriad of cheap hires.

But then again, we're getting an up-and-coming DB coach. He was just unfortunately stuck on the 49ers for awhile. He'll be a superstar with our secondary. Right?

Texecutioner
07-21-2011, 03:02 PM
What you should come to realize is I look up facts instead of make them up. As far as I am concerned if the payroll (actual money flowing out) for a team is in the top 5 generally then cheap isn't the problem. Other teams are succeeding with less money. Identifying the wrong problem results in the wrong solution.

I've brought up facts as well. I have for years regarding Bob and his minion team of Smithiak. Just like 2nd Honeymoon has stated as well about catching all kinds of hell for it, I have, but one thing is for certain is that the Texans have failed miserably on all of these philosophies of being conservative with this team. You only build through the draft and you live and die with those players. I've brought up numerous players in off seasons over the years and shit it seems like every time you've excused Bob for not doing it or acted as if it was to risky. Well I'm sorry, but this team has never gone anywhere and has even taken a step back going 6-10 and the Texans are still looked at as perrenial losers around the NFL. It will be interesting to see how many people in here bash the hell out of Kubes and Smith when they finally do get fired when they couldn't fathom the idea that they weren't a great duo in the making just because they were hired here and were nice guys. For some reason in Houston fans will love a guy if he's a nice guy and winning takes a back seat.

Ole Miss Texan
07-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Not necessarily. I'll take either Aso OR a good CB/S combination.

It's not Aso or bust for me.

But we need to understand that the next best thing--a good CB/S combination--is going to cost a lot of money, too. This is something that can't be done on the cheap. No more cheap fixes. We need durable, veteran help of the highest quality available.
I really want Aso. Joseph I think is the next best and I'd be thrilled if we got him. I know a lot of people are down on Ike Taylor but I think he'd be the perfect example of a CB signing if we can throw money at Weddle for safety.

I would be pretty happen going into training camp with a secondary of:
CB: Ike Taylor, Jason Allen, Kareem Jackson, Brandon Harris, Roc Carmichael, Sherrick McMannis
S: Eric Weddle, Glover Quin, Shiloh Keo, Troy Nolan, Quintin Demps, Dominique Barber

beerlover
07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I really want Aso. Joseph I think is the next best and I'd be thrilled if we got him. I know a lot of people are down on Ike Taylor but I think he'd be the perfect example of a CB signing if we can throw money at Weddle for safety.

I would be pretty happen going into training camp with a secondary of:
CB: Ike Taylor, Jason Allen, Kareem Jackson, Brandon Harris, Roc Carmichael, Sherrick McMannis
S: Eric Weddle, Glover Quin, Shiloh Keo, Troy Nolan, Quintin Demps, Dominique Barber

would make some interesting roster decisions. McMannis would battle Carmichael for last cb roster spot, loser to ps. While if Texans do acquire Weddle (Sensabaugh more likely) then Barber will be cut & Demps put on ps, again. :)

Ole Miss Texan
07-21-2011, 03:15 PM
would make some interesting roster decisions. McMannis would battle Carmichael for last cb roster spot, loser to ps. While if Texans do acquire Weddle (Sensabaugh more likely) then Barber will be cut & Demps put on ps, again. :)

That's exactly how I see it too. ;) Brice McCain and Antwaun Molden still in the mix but I feel confident that NEW FA CB, Allen, Jackson, Harris and Carmichael are locks to make the team.

The Pencil Neck
07-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Coaching salaries are never defended by McNair apologists.

They let the conversation just roll right along without defending the myriad of cheap hires.

We have and have had one of the largest coaching staffs in the league. I doubt that the salaries for that staff is among the lowest. We had Ray Rhodes on our staff who was a COTY winner as a head coach. We had Alex Gibbs on our staff.

We haven't gone after big name DCs until Wade because Kubiak thought he was giving guys a chance who'd do well. Every big name DC didn't start off as a big name DC. I don't look at it as a money-saving tactic.

But then again, we're getting an up-and-coming DB coach. He was just unfortunately stuck on the 49ers for awhile. He'll be a superstar with our secondary. Right?

Tell me how many DB coaches you can name? Tell me who you would have preferred other than the guy that we got?

You've got to realize that Wade chose the guys on his staff. He went out looking for guys that do things the way he wants them done and have some familiarity with his system. The DB coach is coming from a defense run by one of Wade's proteges.

That's not the "scraping the bottom of the barrel" you seem to think it is.

IBleedTexans
07-21-2011, 03:22 PM

He would have turned our like Kareem . With the wrong coaching he'd be falling down aso.

GP
07-21-2011, 03:23 PM
I was responding to that post in relation to other posts he'd made earlier where we can't sign Aso if there is a cap because we don't have enough room but we can't sign Aso if there isn't a cap because we can't outspend Jones and Snyder. And then we Texans fans have become conditioned to not getting the upper tier talent because our FO won't go after them and we're just going to get the dregs.

I never said we 100% could NOT sign him if there was a cap. Re-read my posts, rather than trying to dog me like that.

I said we would have to cut dead weight, re-structure contracts, etc., and really hope and pray it's enough to get what we need.

With a cap, we had a shot, albeit a slim one.

Without a cap, I don't see how Weepy McNair and his Right Track Express could ever justify spending more than a few other teams to get the top tier defensive talent--Be it Aso alone, or a combination of CB and S that we all know this team hasn't had for the past 5+ years.

It's going to be like an auction where everybody's drunk and has no inhibitions...and McNair is the one who's been drinking Shirley Temples all night, slinking away from the action and finding the silent auction table instead.

I would LOVE to be wrong. I win either way, as well. If I am right, my hunch is proven true. If I am wrong, we get good talent for a change. It's a win-win for me.

GP
07-21-2011, 03:30 PM
We have and have had one of the largest coaching staffs in the league. I doubt that the salaries for that staff is among the lowest. We had Ray Rhodes on our staff who was a COTY winner as a head coach. We had Alex Gibbs on our staff.

We haven't gone after big name DCs until Wade because Kubiak thought he was giving guys a chance who'd do well. Every big name DC didn't start off as a big name DC. I don't look at it as a money-saving tactic.

Tell me how many DB coaches you can name? Tell me who you would have preferred other than the guy that we got?

You've got to realize that Wade chose the guys on his staff. He went out looking for guys that do things the way he wants them done and have some familiarity with his system. The DB coach is coming from a defense run by one of Wade's proteges.

That's not the "scraping the bottom of the barrel" you seem to think it is.

Oh shit, here it is again. The "Tell me who YOU would have had instead?" stunt. It's intentions are to embarrass a person and attempt to bully them into submission. Nicely done.

Just stop it already. You and I are armchair QBs here, not the "real" McCoy when it comes to working in the NFL offices and being fully responsible for hires.

Don't con this shit off on me. It's not me making the big bucks for the Texans, and neither are you. I expect the ones who ARE making the big bucks to have done the due diligence for us fans, but we get cozy comfy hires like Richard Smith and Frank Bush and now Wade Phillips.

You want "a name?" Damn, I've done this before, but you're so knee-jerky with the "Who would YOU get? Huh? Tell me big boy, who would YOU get? Huh?" shit that you always forget this name: Gene Chizik. And I called that name BEFORE he was hired to Iowa State. Look at him now. Not doing too badly. I watched his defense be #1 at Auburn, then he went to UT and made THAT defense #1 (IIRC), and now went to Iowa State where God knows no sane big-time high school talent is going to want to go to college at, and ended up showing his stuff at Auburn again.

But then again, the "Who would YOU get? Huh? Tell me big boy, who would YOU get? Huh?" crowd will denigrate THAT name and say it's rubbish to say we had a chance at him and that he would have done well here. So it's a no-win situation to NOT engage in your petty ploy OR to give the name you are asking for.

Happy? Keep puffing your chest out and following me around. This crap is exactly why I had you on my ignore list until recently. Looks like it might be time to re-visit that strategy. We disagree. Can you live with that, or do you have to make it a vendetta by following me around on here like this? Huh?

drs23
07-21-2011, 03:43 PM

Yup. 'Bout the way I see it. :)

GuerillaBlack
07-21-2011, 03:54 PM

Bob probably thinks Wade and only Wade is enough to fix the defense. Who needs Aso or Joseph? Unless Wade asks for them.

Blake
07-21-2011, 03:58 PM

I have no doubt that 1/2 the league is going to make a "huge offer." But what I do doubt is that the Texans offer is the highest. The Texans will offer what they think he is worth, not what it will take to sign him in Houston.

OrdinaryAvgGuy
07-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Yeah, it only took him 5 years to do that. And hiring Wade Phillips was a bad decision in my eyes as well. It was a status quo decision on Bob's part hiring another nice guy that had Houston roots. I hate that we hired Wade Phillips.

If you want an owner who doesn't care about people and spends frivolously, without concern for the negative impact that acquisitions might have on the franchise and community, go become a Cowboys fan.

I'm not defending Bob McNair's choices categorically as the right ones, but I am saying that he makes them for reasons that I can respect, and that he is far from "cheap."

Ole Miss Texan
07-21-2011, 04:42 PM
Hind sight is 20/20, usually. The Pats and Steelers have made it to a whole bunch of Super Bowls by knowing when to hold 'em and knowing when to fold 'em.
Maybe we should sign Hines Ward.... :)
Wow this was an interesting exercise. I kinda got carried away looking into this for a while so only researched the Steelers. The Patriots seem to be a team that signs more outside free agents to larger contracts than the Steelers. McNair has publicly indicated how much he wants to mirror this team like the Steelers way of doing things so that's why I focused on them.

I went through the last few years during the Steelers two Super Bowl runs and checked out their highest paid players, focusing on the top ten. Virtually every single player that they spend the big bucks on were originally signed by the Steelers via the draft or as undrafted free agents.

During the 2008-2009 season when they won the Super Bowl, their Top Ten highest paid players were as follows:

1. Ben Roethlesberger ($27.7MM) - Drafted by Steelers
2. Max Starks ($6.9MM) - Drafted by Steelers
3. James Farrior ($6.8MM) - **Drafted by Jets** see notes below
4. Hines Ward ($5.5MM) - Drafted by Steelers
5. Ike Taylor ($4.6M) - Drafted by Steelers
6. Troy Polamalu ($4.6MM) - Drafted by Steelers
7. Marvel Smith ($4.6MM) - Drafted by Steelers
8. Casey Hampton ($4.1MM) - Drafted by Steelers
9. Brett Keisel ($3.9MM) - Drafted by Steelers
10. Willie Parker ($3.9MM) - Signed as Undrafted FA by Steelers

**James Farrior was drafted by Jets and played there from '97-'01 and was largely considered a "bust". Signs with Steelers in '02, doesn't get HUGE contract until 2008.
**James Harrison signed as an Undrafted FA by Steelers in '02. Doesn't sign HUGE contract until 2009.

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/nfl/steelers/salaries/2008

As you can see, virtually all of the Steelers highest paid players were "from within". That is, they don't go out and sign Free Agents from other teams to giant contracts. They offer those large contracts to players that have been on their team and that they know well, they reward their own. Sure they let some go like Joey Porter and Alan Faneca... but they don't get busted by giving away huge money to "new" free agents that can get a team into financial trouble.

This is exactly what McNair wants to do when he says "build through the draft". We've started with Andre, Demeco, Daniels. I just hope we start seeing the success on the field and in the playoffs that the Steelers have.

Texecutioner
07-21-2011, 05:16 PM
If you want an owner who doesn't care about people and spends frivolously, without concern for the negative impact that acquisitions might have on the franchise and community, go become a Cowboys fan.

Oh, the typical Cowboys reference from the Mcnair apologists? Don't you guys get sick and tired of having no answer to the Texans woes and just spouting off some garbage about the Cowboys and Jerry Jones? To be honest it makes the Texans franchise seem inferior when you do that. And I've got a newsflash for you whether you like Jerry's spending tactics or not, his spending has made his franchise a hell of a lot more successful than the Texans have been. They Cowboys had a bunch of stacked rosters and did pretty good for a few seasons in the last 4 or 5 years, but they had a real bad coach in Wade Phillips. You know that guy that we just hired. Yeah, him. Spare me, with the Cowboys reference of spending. What's next the typical Jerry Snyder reference?? It's real easy to deflect off of Mcnair and pick the worst two spenders in the league and automatically try to act like that is what someone is suggesting or advocating for, but it's a very lame attempt to make excuses for Mcnair's failures.

I've got news for you, Jerry Jones has been a lot more successful with his spending than what Bob Mcnair has been since the Texans have been around. He's at least had teams that were expected to go to the Sb and make deep playoff runs, and even had the best record in the NFC one year. I never once said to spend like Jerry Jones though.

'm not defending Bob McNair's choices categorically as the right ones

That's exactly what you're doing.

Texecutioner
07-21-2011, 05:22 PM
This is exactly what McNair wants to do when he says "build through the draft". We've started with Andre, Demeco, Daniels. I just hope we start seeing the success on the field and in the playoffs that the Steelers have.

So what we're not the Steelers. We're never going to be the Steelers. This build through the draft mentality has been a total fail. Haven't you realized that in the last 5 years?? At some point you've got to stop apologizing for this administration every season and demand a competent team of guys who can run a winning team consistently instead of looking for every path to deflect from the failures that have barried this franchise.

midgetonadonkey
07-21-2011, 07:01 PM
So what we're not the Steelers. We're never going to be the Steelers. This build through the draft mentality has been a total fail. Haven't you realized that in the last 5 years?? At some point you've got to stop apologizing for this administration every season and demand a competent team of guys who can run a winning team consistently instead of looking for every path to deflect from the failures that have barried this franchise.

Ok, I demand a competent team of guys.

Now what? Do I win something?

badboy
07-21-2011, 07:38 PM
I am concerned that Wade Phillips told McNair he could get by with lighter NTs rather than draft one fairly high or go get one in free agency. He could also have said "I can make the Dbacks good enough with my system that we don't have to go get a significant CB or Safety."

From Phillips view he saves owner big bucks and gets 3-4 additonal wins. That is entirely possible. McNair has a 9-7 or 10-6 2011 record and playoffs or not looking much better and somewhat mollifies most fans. The 2011 draft turns out pretty well, so McNair will be convinced another one in 2012 will put them in playoffs. The new CBA allows team to go beyond the $120m and move additional 3 million to "player benefits". I'm not sure how that is to work but it could be enough to sign Leach.

Anyone have any idea where money will come from to re-sign Mario Williams next season?

Texecutioner
07-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Ok, I demand a competent team of guys.

Now what? Do I win something?

No, you don't.

thunderkyss
07-21-2011, 08:17 PM
I know Andre has probaly talked to him about coming here....they are pretty good friends from what I have heard in the past....

I think the Texans would have to free up some cap space to get him.....let some players go....have to see what happens.....

Hell, They'll probably redo Andre's contract again..... extending him to 12 years with a $20M signing bonus, droping his cap number to $3 or $4 million

Brisco_County
07-21-2011, 09:56 PM
So now that the Texans are right against the salary cap, the argument for McNair being cheap isn't based on lack of high dollar free agents, it's based on lack of high dollar coaches.

If McNair were cheap, I'd call him cheap. But I can't do that when considering that he has deferred almost all personnel decision making to his HC's and GM's, which makes his own frugality almost a non-factor in coach hirings.

I blame McNair for a few things, but after seeing the numbers, being miserly can't be one of them.

Texecutioner
07-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Someone want to tell me who this "Toan" guy is?? I've never seen him on the forum, but this jerk off neg repped me and talked down to me in the little message box with it.

Neg reps are for babies. If you're going to dish it, then at least make your rebuttal or counter points on the boards if you disagree. Don't just neg rep and run. Pretty weak.

thunderkyss
07-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Neg reps are for babies. If you're going to dish it, then at least make your rebuttal or counter points on the boards if you disagree. Don't just neg rep and run. Pretty weak.

Agreed

b0ng
07-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Someone want to tell me who this "Toan" guy is?? I've never seen him on the forum, but this jerk off neg repped me and talked down to me in the little message box with it.

I'll take "Things that would be best sent in a PM to that user" for $1000 Alex.

The Pencil Neck
07-22-2011, 12:56 PM

Neg rep almost always come from guys that come from nowhere and aren't around for long.

Almost always.

Texecutioner
07-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Neg rep almost always come from guys that come from nowhere and aren't around for long.

Almost always.

I was just a little curious as to who this guy is. I've never seen him on the forum before. If you disagree with something, then fine. State your case.

Brisco_County
07-22-2011, 01:09 PM
We can neg rep?

Looks like I have some ground to cover.

Mr teX
07-22-2011, 01:57 PM
I was just a little curious as to who this guy is. I've never seen him on the forum before. If you disagree with something, then fine. State your case.

I've seen him on a few times...probably just some guy who comes on looking for you to begin with.

Texecutioner
07-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I've seen him on a few times...probably just some guy who comes on looking for you to begin with.

Comes in looking for me? Lol! :spy:

XI CMURDER IX
07-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Comes in looking for me? Lol! :spy:

I would watch your back, you must have made some enemies at some point! :fight:

The Pencil Neck
07-22-2011, 04:31 PM

Texecutioner? With his sunny, unicorns and rainbows personality?

Oh. Wait. Nevermind.

Texecutioner
07-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Texecutioner? With his sunny, unicorns and rainbows personality?

Oh. Wait. Nevermind.

Yeah, who would want to make enemies with me? Lol!

For a guy by the name of Cmurder, I'll try and stay on your good side.

Allstar
07-23-2011, 02:07 AM
Peter King (http://twitter.com/#!/si_peterking) seems to think there is no way in hell Tampa ends up with Nnamdi:

And by the way, remember when I said the other day Nnamdi won't go to Tampa Bay in a million years? Well, he still won't

RT @Just_Nehpets: Where are the most likely places you see Nnamdi ends up? ... Guesswork: Dall, Phil, Hou, NYJ longshot. Hear he wants Jets.

redwhiteANDblue
07-23-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm with all of you guys and getting Nnamdi or Joseph would be great but I really dont think we have to waste big bucks one just one player when we can fill other positions with that money. I say this because we might already have a stud on our roster. Check out the tape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbQFAqEYI2k

I really want to get a quality 2nd at WR and re-sign leach. There's no way we can do those things if we sign Nnamdi

VTexan
07-23-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm with all of you guys and getting Nnamdi or Joseph would be great but I really dont think we have to waste big bucks one just one player when we can fill other positions with that money. I say this because we might already have a stud on our roster. Check out the tape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbQFAqEYI2k

I really want to get a quality 2nd at WR and re-sign leach. There's no way we can do those things if we sign Nnamdi

So you want to start the season with Kareem jackson (second year) and Brandon Harris (first year) at the corners.

Sounds like a great idea!

Signed,

Glover Quinn and Kareem Jackson 2010

redwhiteANDblue
07-23-2011, 09:07 AM
So you want to start the season with Kareem jackson (second year) and Brandon Harris (first year) at the corners.

Sounds like a great idea!

Signed,

Glover Quinn and Kareem Jackson 2010

Well I wasn't saying that. I'm just saying we should not waste all the money on Nnamdi (but I wouldn't be dissapointed if we did). We could probably get a good veteran CB AND a S for that price. Maybe even fit in enough money for a good #2

DocBar
07-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Well I wasn't saying that. I'm just saying we should not waste all the money on Nnamdi (but I wouldn't be dissapointed if we did). We could probably get a good veteran CB AND a S for that price. Maybe even fit in enough money for a good #2If we go this route, we stand a better chance of getting what we've had than what we want. We've had years of bad drafts and bad coaching in the secondary. If we plan to make up for it in one season, we better be willing to sign the best at one of the positions.