PDA

View Full Version : Texans/Saints Preseason Practices Cancelled

HOU-TEX
07-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Per McGobbler tweet

Texans and Saints won't be practicing before their Aug. 20 preseason game. The uncertainty over the lockout caused them to cancel practices.

drs23
07-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Duh?

I see some shakey play till the 3rd or 4th game. I don't think teams are going to be able to gel in the abbrivated time they'll have.

I just really hope Wade's defense can be installed as quickly as we've all heard. One saving grace I guess is that players and coaches alike have mantained that it's not that much different from what we've been running.

Suppose we'll all find out together.

DocBar
07-13-2011, 08:36 PM
I would be shocked if all the players didn't have a playbook. The guys that excel will be studying it. The guys that don't...we'll see 3 or 4 shaky games out of them. I know there's no substitute for the reps you get in practice but they should at least know the terminology and where to line up. This will be toughest on the FA's. What a crappy year to be one.

IDEXAN
07-14-2011, 08:40 AM
This makes sense. Our D guys have got too much to learn about Wade's 3-4 in too little time anyway.

Vinnie
07-14-2011, 08:56 AM
I seem to recall LZ saying they all got copies of JJ Watt's playbook he received that one day the lockout was lifted and he came to Houston. Can't remember if he tweeted that or if it was in his blog. :thinking:

Blake
07-14-2011, 09:27 AM
I guess the NFL figured out its kinda hard to practice without players. lol

The Pencil Neck
07-14-2011, 10:10 AM
I seem to recall LZ saying they all got copies of JJ Watt's playbook he received that one day the lockout was lifted and he came to Houston. Can't remember if he tweeted that or if it was in his blog. :thinking:

McClain said that everyone got their playbooks.

rush2112mn
07-14-2011, 11:02 AM
That does not surprise me. The coaches need all the time they can get with the players going over things....especially on the defensive side.