PDA

View Full Version : New CBA mock

badboy
07-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Probably should put this in NFL forum. Most of you know I enjoy mocking the Texans draft anually. What about some of you who have kept up with the ongoings of cba negotiations creating one that players & owners can agree to? Nothing formal but debate your ideas & why the other side should agree.

Offer opinions on 16 vs 18 game and how many pre-season games would be given up if any. What limits on rookie salaries would be acceptable, how many years to become UFA and will teams have more than one exclusive franchise player. Etc. Might be interesting.

gary
07-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I would not just lower rookie wages but I also would not guarantee all of the money in their contracts and then they become an UFA after four years or maybe five years maximum.

brakos82
07-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Please just end the lockout so we don't have more threads about the lockout. :nolisten:

Allstar
07-11-2011, 06:46 PM
I'm all for 18 game seasons. Playoff teams aren't exactly dead 18 games in. 2 Preseason games are replaced.
Make the rookie contracts small and 4 years.
17 week Thursday night football.
No right of first refusal, maybe only this year.
Cheerleaders release a nude calendar every year.

brakos82
07-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Cheerleaders release a nude calendar every year.

:facepalm: Bill!

DocBar
07-12-2011, 06:11 AM
3 preseason games (2 for evaluation, 1 for tune up of starters)
18 game season- More football_ more gooder, to me. I work 52 weeks a year for my meager wages.
I would limit rookie contracts to 20 mil gauranteed, 4 years with a 5th year option and escalator that pays average of top 10 salaries at a position. 4 years to UFA unless club opts for 5th w/ escalator.
I like the Franchise tag and all else as is.

This way teams can afford rookies and by year 3-4, it's pretty obvious whether a player is a bust or not.

badboy
07-12-2011, 11:57 PM
3 preseason games (2 for evaluation, 1 for tune up of starters)
18 game season- More football_ more gooder, to me. I work 52 weeks a year for my meager wages.
I would limit rookie contracts to 20 mil gauranteed, 4 years with a 5th year option and escalator that pays average of top 10 salaries at a position. 4 years to UFA unless club opts for 5th w/ escalator.
I like the Franchise tag and all else as is.

This way teams can afford rookies and by year 3-4, it's pretty obvious whether a player is a bust or not.Unless his name is Okoye.

DocBar
07-13-2011, 12:10 AM
[/B]Unless his name is Okoye.I think most would say he's a bust for his draft position. He might make a servicable DT/DE but he just doesn't seem to have that "it" factor. He's like JJ. All potential and little results.